Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-30-2008, 11:28 PM

Aleela followed her sister through the garden until Sukaru turned around and started to explain a bit about what the ceremony entailed. Needless to say, what she heard didn't really reassure her in the least.

Doing battle with her own mind? The high possibility of death? Perhaps her tutor was right, and someone was setting sukaru up. The right words before the ceremony could tip Sukaru's mind into doubt and she could loose the battle. Aleela would make sure that nothing happened to her sister, and that sukaru was really and truely prepared to be preistess.

"Are you sure your the right person for the job? I know your heart and mind are pure, or at least mostly pure, but are you ready to take on the role of preistess with all of your mind and soul?" Aleela said, trying to get her sister to see some sense. "If you only want to do this to help the people, is that a good enough reason? If not, you could loose the battle for your mind. Sukaru, i'm not going to lie. I'm worried and this scares me quite a bit. Just tell me that you know what your getting into, and are going to win that battle over your own mind." Aleela said, wanting to hear Sukaru said that she wasn't going to loose. That everything would be okay.

Meko
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 04-30-2008, 11:41 PM

"Isn't helping people the purest reason?" she said turning to face her sister. She could see the fear raked within her sisters eyes and took her hand. She looked for a moment into those clear eyes and spoke again, "I am not going to lose this battle. I can't lose, I've known since I was five the day would come and I'm prepared to face it. I know what it entails...and I will win. I can do this....I know I can"

She spoke these words with honesty and hope. She wa sconvinced within her own right that she could go through with the ceremony no matter what.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-30-2008, 11:48 PM

Aleela saw the honesty in her sister's eyes, and for the first time beleived that she would be truely okay going through with the ceremony. She knew that her sister was a good, pure, honest person and if she said she knew she could win, she would win the fight. There was no other option.

As for her tutor, perhaps he had made a mistake, read the facts wrong, or didn't know her sister that well. For whatever reason, he was wrong this time.

She visibly relaxed, and replied "Okay, I beleive you. I know that if anyone can win, it's you. And I think you can. Sorry for getting so scared over something so stupid" Aleela said, starting to feel embarressed by all the worry she had had for apparently no reason. "If you say it'll be okay. It'll be okay. And your right, you've been training for this day since you were five. You should know better than anyone if you can go through with it."

Meko
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 04-30-2008, 11:53 PM

"your concern is the reason I know I can go through with it" she pulled her sister into a big hug and held her close for a moment. She knew she could go through with this ceremony, she always knew she could do it. If her sister remained on her side then she felt sure she could do anything she put her mind to. She knew that she could relax because her sister was there to cheer her on. Together, they could acheive anything.

((end scene?))

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-30-2008, 11:55 PM

((It's a good place to end it))

END SCENE

Last edited by Alexis Durem; 05-01-2008 at 01:51 AM..

Meko
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 05-01-2008, 11:21 PM

Start Final Prolog Scene

Sukaru paced her room dressed in her priest ceremonial garb. The ceremony to make her the official priestess would be starting any moment. She knew she would defeat this thing but it didn't stop her from being uber nervous. She paced around in circles wondering what her sister Aleela was doing at that very moment. She knew the moment was coming the moment when the attendents would bring her to the temple.

There would be only a few people in the temple for the ceremony. It was dangerous ceremony and it was a high chance that the priestess might die. Even Aleela was only allowed to go just inside the doorway. If something went wrong then they didn't want anyone else to get hurt.

She heard a small knock on the door and a small attendent walked in, "Its time M'lady"

Sukaru follwed her from the room, beginning to wonder if perhaps she was headed to her now life, or else to her undoing...her death...her doom.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-01-2008, 11:50 PM

Aleela was waiting nearby the temple for when Sukaru would arrive. As she was Sukaru's sister, she was allowed to be in the doorway of the room when Sukaru was going through the ceremony. origionally her mother didn't want Aleela in the room, but then it was explained to her that since Sukaru and Aleela shared a very strong twin bond, they didn't know how it would affect the ceremony, and that is why Aleela needed to be in the same room.

Finally, the bells rang and Aleela watched as Sukaru came down from the palace into the temple. Sukaru looked nervous, but Aleela had complete confidence in her. If Sukaru said that it would turn out okay, everything would turn out okay.

When Sukaru passed by Aleela on her way down to the temple, Aleela started to walk next to her. "How are you feeling?" Aleela asked.

Meko
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 05-02-2008, 12:24 AM

Sukaru nodded to her sister slightly afraid to speak for a moment. She knew it would be alright, it had to be alright. If she didn't at least attempt the ceremony she would be outcasted and but she was confident in herself, as long as aleela was there she did not need to worry at all.

She walked next to her sister in silence until they reached the large temple, a place that was hardly visited except for the priestess who was to visit daily. She walked towards the alter where she would kneel before the alter and take her vows to the god Athios. She spoke each word, each word having been imprinted through hours and hours of study within her mind. She knew them, she always had known them. She did not look back, not at her sister, not at anything. She closed her eyes ready to take her vows. Soon the darkness of the room all seemed to suround her but she was ready....ready to do this....or was she?

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-02-2008, 01:33 AM

From Aleela's eyes, when Sukaru knelt down and said her vows to Athios, she held her breath to see what would happen. Shadows started coming from the ceiling and floor, and making their way toward Sukaru, enveloping her in an opaque cloud of pure shadows. To Aleela, It looked like the scariest thing in the world. She knew that Sukaru had been afraid of shaows when she was little, and would be scared, too.

All of the sudden, Aleela had a seed of doubt in her mind. What if Sukaru was too afraid to go through with the ceremony sucessfully? Sukaru had never been enveloped in pure shadow before. If Sukaru lost....she would die.

Aleela started to panic.

"Get her out of there! I don't want Sukaru to die!" Aleela shouted to the guards that were nearby. "Get her out of there! Aren't you going to do anything? My sister is going to die in there!"

Meko
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 05-02-2008, 02:13 AM

Sukaru who had been deep within thought blocking out all sounds in the room like she was supposed to suddenly heard it. THe voice of her panicked sister and in her mind she started to doubt that this was really the right thing to do. She began to shake, almost the moment the doubt filled her mind the shadows began to cut through her like knives, pain beyond her wildest imgination began to fill her and she let out an ear peircing scream.

Her sister behind her was a panicked mess but the guards held her back preventing her from going anywhere near sukaru. Sukaru could hear the battle between them behind her. She forced herself to think about the ceremony...just to ignore the pain. Anything to keep from dying.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-02-2008, 02:42 AM

Aleela fought against the guard, trying her hardest to get to her sister. Unfortunatley for her, she was just 15 and the guards were to grown man. She had no chance of getting out of their clutches. She yelled at them to stop the ceremony, as she could feel through their bond how much pain Sukaru was in.

She finally realised that this was what the guards wanted. They wanted to hurt her sister. 'Perhaps my tutor was right, after all..' She thought.

She suddenly stopped struggling against the guards. She knew what they were trying to do, and that they didn't care on bit about sukaru's well being. Her emotions seemed to calm down until she felt nothing but worn out.

Suddenyl, something inside her snapped. She felt as if half of her soul was ripped out, and started to scream in pain. It lasted only a second, but left her on the floor panting.
She knew what it meant. Her and Sukaru's twin bond had snapped. Her twin was now dead.

Her fears were confirmed when she looked at the dark mass, and saw her sister collapse to the ground.

"You bastards!" She swore at the guards "Sukaru's dead and it's all your fault!" She shouted, running out the door and throught the palace lawns. Through the window you could see her being comforted by her tutor, though she wasn't crying.

She didn't cry.

Because thoughout the entiret time after their twin bond had snapped, she just couldn't find it in herself to care.

Meko
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 05-02-2008, 02:57 AM

The pain within Sukaru was great. She could barely contain the pain until she felt nothing. She heard her sister's cries mere moments before she felt it...the thing that would cause her the greatest pain of all. Something inside her snapped, the pain may have eased with that one final snap, that one fatal blow to her but to her it no longer mattered, to her her reason...her life it was all over. She closed her eyes and fell into a deep state of unconciousness.

It would be many months, close even to a year before sukaru would awaken, but she would never be the same. The small confident mysterious child had died on that alter, taken with it a peice of her soul. She would never again be the same without her sister. It would be many years before she dared take the ceremony again....but when she did she would pass...but the joy was nothing. She would be a feirce leader and great leader...but that cermony took a peice of her to which she would never be able to retrieve.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-02-2008, 01:03 PM

END SCENE

((what scene next?)))