blueblob2
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-05-2008, 01:14 AM

I love Tokyo Mew Mew in the manga. I was really so happy when they put it in anime. However, after I watched one episode, I was very disappointed with it. I wished I never saw it. It kills me in the inside when the anime aren't up to my expectations.

Takuto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Takuto Send a message via MSN to Takuto

Old 09-06-2008, 03:01 AM

4kids def. killed One Piece. (thank you Funi!)
However, I do understand them on some circumstances like with Tokyo Mew Mew. (Mew Mew Power.) I don't think the name Ichigo or the word tokyo in a saturday morning cartoon show would attract people that much.
However, I did enjoy their Magical DoReMi.

xXx Garet xXx

Old 09-18-2008, 11:25 AM

I remember being 8 and thinking "Why is Misty calling that riceball a donut?"

:insane:

Rebels Under Your Bed
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Rebels Under Your Bed Send a message via Yahoo to Rebels Under Your Bed

Old 09-24-2008, 04:26 PM

4Kids really annoys me. I just have to be thankful it didn't get their hands on Naruto and Bleach.

Unfortunately, they got a hold on One Piece and Tokyo Mew Mew. Seriously, they need better voice fillers.

Jenn_heart
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Jenn_heart

Old 09-29-2008, 01:15 AM

4Kids is pure evil. I will never forgive them for what they did to YuGiOh. They took out ALL of the interesting plot/romance points. I mean, I can understand taking out the slightly romantic stuff between two guys so that kids don't see it, but normal stuff like Yugi getting tease for liking a girl doesn't really do any harm.

starr111
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-18-2009, 05:37 AM

It's messed up! Why rice balls? That's not innapropriate in any way!

whack snack

Old 06-18-2009, 08:13 AM

I HATE 4 KIDS. OMFG.

but also, thanks to like, fox kids-back in the day, i started watching shaman king and one piece which lead me to find anime. xDD

Liath
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Liath Send a message via MSN to Liath

Old 06-19-2009, 07:44 AM

I just don't understand why 4kids has rights issues with even the original versions of anime that they butcher showing up on youtube. They're so full of themselves. And they cut so much out of Tokyo Mew Mew that they had to cancel the show, and left all these plot holes.
I think they actually tried to hijack the plot before that, too, because for anyone who's seen the series, Aoyama is the blue knight, but in the 4kids butchery, Shirogane (or "Elliot" as they call him) and the blue knight had the same voice actor. I don't know how they were thinking of pulling off actually editing enough to change the plot. *eyeroll*
I can go on and on about their stupid butchery of Tokyo Mew Mew, but all i really need to say is go watch the real one, then search for Mew Mew Power on youtube, and all you need to see is one episode to see how much FAIL it is.

BlackMage KaiheiTsukiredi
Kaihei Tsukiredi the Black Mage

Old 07-31-2009, 02:38 PM

Yes! Absoultly! They ruined all of the animes, they dubbed it so much to the point where it became ridicoulous. And it's true; they did dub it when there was hardly any of the episode left (which fits for all of those, good, sweet commericals! >:\ ).

Fixed With Duct Tape
Anime Addict
Send a message via AIM to Fixed With Duct Tape

Old 08-01-2009, 02:36 PM

In my High School's anime club we actually spent one day a school year ranting about 4 Kids. No joke. Our President absolutely hated what they did to anime. I remember when they went to show Tokyo Mew Mew. I showed at it was Mew Mew Power and it well.. sucked. They had changed entirely too much. I felt like my heart was breaking.

ruruchan

Old 08-04-2009, 12:54 AM

i hate 4-kids they took away the good stuff(like most tv stations tring to ge a head) i liked it when i would get up eairly to watch tokyomew mew and card captor i mean i use to like teenage muntant nija turtles it was ok but they change it it soo weird and it makes me mad so there is no pleasure in my saturday morings :no::angry::evil:

[x] random llama [x]
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-04-2009, 01:31 AM

I hate 4-kids. They take all the fun out of Anime. Apparently..I'm not sure if this is right, But they were the ones who picked up Yu-Gi-Oh for dubs. And they edited out the hand guns and made the characters have just their hand in the position little kids use when pretending to play cops and robbers. :sarcasm: I laughed so hard when i was told this. They aren't very good, and i wish they would just stop already.

Satrika-Chan
Koinu

Old 08-07-2009, 06:06 PM

4kids ruins every single anime it gets it wormy little claws on. I honestly think they hate japan. They edit the stupidest things, like erasing text off of signs and buildings because they say "kids dont read" and i dont see the problem with riceballs. the thing that honestly makes me want to rip out my hair is the horrible dubbing and the stupid new names. i wish 4kids would just be canceled, so that no more anime gets killed by them

soulwaste
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-09-2009, 05:02 PM

I can understand that their trying to give anime to younger kids but at the same time their ruining the storie's and characters of most of the anime they give to these kids. Its also fusturating because I know there's anime suitable for kids around the ages their broadcasting to, an yet they don't want to use those kind of animes!

Inkjinx
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Inkjinx Send a message via Yahoo to Inkjinx

Old 08-09-2009, 09:02 PM

I haven't really watched a lot of 4kids, but I know for a fact that it's got to be worse than subbed. I've always preferred subbed over dubbed for a few reasons. One would be the pronunciation of Japanese names. English dubbers never pronounce them right and it drives me nuts. Another would be how they change the anime so much. I mean, they sometimes take out actual clips from the anime, or they'll change the dialogue. And then there's the voices... don't get me started on how much I hate the English voices where they don't belong.

I will admit, however, that I like Card Captor Sakura better when it's dubbed. -shrug- It's just how I saw it first and how I prefer it, oddly.

Crystal Eve Rider
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-10-2009, 01:55 AM

I hate what they did to yugioh waking the dragon. theres this one sceen where joey hits the other yugi on the face, but they cut that out and showed the other yugi on the grown.

Ebony Halo
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-10-2009, 10:52 PM

I remember watching Pokemon and YuGiOh when I was a kid, but I don't remember thinking about the finger guns or riceballs/jelly doughnuts. Of course, back then, I didn't even know the shows were originally in Japanese.

I was bored one day and started reading up on YuGiOh. I hate the way 4kids took out the majority of the plot points and warped the characters' intentions. I started watching it on YouTube, and Tea's rant about friendship made my flesh crawl. Friendship saved Yugi. Is it possible to look someone straight in the face and say that isn't cheesy? But the pointing fingers that replaced the handguns made me laugh a little bit.

Okay, so the hand-guns and lack of swearing make some sense as far as cencorship goes, but why did they have to replace riceballs with crackers/sandwiches/pixelated messes in Pokemon? It's a part of the Japanese culture and should be left alone! :gonk:

Okay, I'll shut up now. :drool:

Yurka

Old 08-11-2009, 05:11 AM

Yurka: I hate 4kids TV! It ruined anime! Voice acting, great scenes, intro and ending song, they ruined it all!!!
Ron: Calm down, it's not all that bad...
Yurka: What?! It's terrible, how can you not see that?!
Ron: I don't really care, as long as I can understand what's the story is about then it's ok.
Yurka: You're so naive!
Ron: Whatever...

Cemetery
Mene Penpal

Old 08-11-2009, 05:15 AM

[COLOR="Red"4Kids ruined Yugioh, Tokyo Mew Mew, Sailor moon and, I hope to god that they haven't started showing any decent ninja shows on there. Like.. Basalisk, But that's not kid orianted. That's more like adult, Something I'd buy and put in my collection.[/COLOR]

Eriyu
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-11-2009, 11:33 PM

You know what's weird? I have actually seen guns in Pokemon. I don't know whether they just forgot to censor that scene or what, but... it shows that they could get away with it if they wanted. :/

I can understand why they'd want to chenge what they do... They take out Japanese culture reference so as not to confuse people; they take out violence because it's not suitable for the kiddies... They're 4Kids. They make shows for kids. They problem is, some of the shows weren't actually intended to be for the toddlers they seem to be trying to draw in. >_> They either need to change their target audience or leave anime to someone else.

Joey Kitsune
*^_^*

Old 08-13-2009, 10:16 PM

Personally, I don't mind the changes that much.

DarkxLorelei
Otakuisms are Everywhere~

Old 08-19-2009, 06:42 PM

I thought 4Kids is going under, because they suck so badly, I know that they already lost all of their rights to One Piece, and I think Funimation took that over. What they did to Ojamajo Doremi can never be forgiven.. "Fala dala Dong Ding, now I am a Witchling?" WHAT IS THAT!! 4Kids is the root of all evil, and i am pretty sure they are going under, so rejoice!

Endless Sky
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-22-2009, 03:28 AM

4Kids is terrible. Just thinking about their dub of One Piece makes me feel sick...

The worst thing about it is, most people think of that terrible dub when they hear 'One Piece', and think you are absolutely crazy for liking it, when the original version is a completely different show... ><;

chiiruchan
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-29-2009, 03:17 AM

4kids... does stink. When I was a kid in the 90's... there were WAY BETTER cartoons. ;_; But 4kids is exactly as the title says. For kids... (I just really feel sorry for kids nowadays sometimes because they don't know what they are missing.)

Tounin
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-29-2009, 05:44 AM

If 4-kids isn't taking out all of the cussing and sexual references, then they're deleting any scene with ANY hint of blood/sexual innuendo.
I saw this video on YouTube once that showed what would happen if 4-Kids got a hold of Elfen Lied. XDDD
It's really good, you should look it up.
"And they both lived happily every after!"