For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-04-2008, 08:29 AM

Donna: It wasn't really. A mugging and a car break-in. I need a new job! STAT!

~Aimee~: I'm not the only one. We're just nervous people. It can be scary jumping in. But once you get me going....I needed and entry point and here it is. Too bad I got on so late.

blitzy: XD Nothing ground to a screeching halt. We're here, you're here, the elephants are here. All is good.

Sirocco: With my luck, I'll be overworked tomorrow. I just can't win. ^_^;;

Steffox
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-04-2008, 08:30 AM

I always want to do art for people but now that I have to work during the day, it makes it really difficult to participate. That's probably my biggest regret about the event so far. So many opportunities being wasted....

Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Send a message via MSN to Donna

Old 08-04-2008, 08:31 AM

What do you work as? o.o

blitzy
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-04-2008, 08:31 AM

Cookie: actually I think the elephants have gone home. But I'm still here and having fun.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-04-2008, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzy View Post
I'm all over the place thoughtwise so even in my own thread I'd probably get lost. I'd probably resort to making some comment about a purple slurpee drinking elephant in a tutu and kill the thread by scaring people away.
::laughs:: I'd probably just laugh... it'd depend on how distracted I was and whether or not I thought it was amusing enough/weird enough to respond directly to. XD (Like I did now. :o )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
But CK, I have become lurker! D:
I have nothing to say anymore. ;-;

Cookie, my day was rather like myself. XD;
But the event cheered me up. Something new and different in my tedious life. ^^
XD That's okay, everyone has their lurking days or lurking periods. That's why events can be good - they give you a definite "something" to talk about. Event commons, rares, theme, NPCs, storyline... The earning method... I dunno... site colors? XD

I'm glad it cheered you up, though. :heart: It kind of makes my day to hear that it did. ^^ (As selfish as it probably sounds. >___>; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Aimee~ View Post
Oh how sad *frowns* no one can be that boring they can't find anything to say, besides you seem to be talking alot *cheers up and giggles*
Hi Aimee! :3 You're still chipper. :D

vadeil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-04-2008, 08:33 AM

CK- there are allot, i did try at the Caption Contest but i don't think what i came up with was that good tho.. the first thing i thought of was Cecelia asking Nalin how baby's are made.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-04-2008, 08:34 AM

Steffox: Yeah, work totally kills my participation in lots of things lately. So drained. Gotta prioritize. I'm so behind on my manga reading ;_;

Donna: I just work as a front desk attendant at a hotel! But suddenly there's a hot crime streak in our parking lot x_x We're on the edge of a bad neighborhood. As nice as the hotel is, we can't do anything about our location. I'm looking for a new job. I don't want to get robbed ;_;

blitzy: Aww. Elephants are party poopers. At lest we have a blitzy!

blitzy
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-04-2008, 08:36 AM

Yes they are. I think it's because it's 2:30 in the morning where we are.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-04-2008, 08:38 AM

It's 3:30 here. D= But I work the 3pm to 11pm shift, so I can stay up ridiculously late ^_^;;

blitzy
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-04-2008, 08:40 AM

It's a holiday for me, yay for days off.

Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-04-2008, 08:42 AM

CK,
But that's all I can talk about is the event.
Then there's the chat threads and well, I don't do good in those unless I have something to add to the conversation, which nowadays is pretty much never. >>;

I absolutely LOVE the new colors! ^0^
Blue is nice everyday, but the purple was pretty and unexpected. I thought it was a new, different, and really nice touch.

I'm sooo excited to hear about the background of this event though. mangamangamanga >> I mean-- getting to hear the story about the three musketeers would be lovely. ^^

Okay, so I can go on and on about the event, but obviously when it comes to chatting about anything else, epic phail. XD
But I'm glad it cheered you up that I was cheered up that-- :confused: xD

Oh my Cookie! I hope you are careful until you can find a new job, and fast. x.x
I work in a nicer neighborhood than my own, in a richer one at that, so I don't have to deal with anything but the odd snobby customer.

Sirocco
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-04-2008, 08:44 AM

@Cookie: Oh x.x It have to be horrible to work at the edge of such a bad neighbourhood.

Fortunately I have holidays, but at the same time I have absolutely nothing to do now.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-04-2008, 08:45 AM

blitzy: Let's trade. Tomorrow you go work at a hotel and I get the day off! =D

Donna: I'm looking! I'm having trouble finding anything. People all want me to have my degree to sit behind their desks and answer the phone. I'm still working on it people. And no, having a college degree that I spent lots of money does not enhance my ability to answer your phones >_<! *is totally not bitter about this....really* >_>

Sirocco: If I'd realized it was that bad, I would have never worked there. But they made it sound less bad. They didn't tell me till after I started that they'd been robbed not long before I started. Last week we had a car break-in. This week, a mugging and a break-in. And there's always suspicious people lurking around on the road. I'm getting paranoid. Never fear though, my two weeks notice goes in tomorrow. =/

Mene Switchboard
。◕‿◕...
Staff Envoy

Old 08-04-2008, 08:45 AM

*waves to CK* why of course I am ^3^

oooh where are the elephants kept *wonders*

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 08-04-2008, 08:46 AM

I just started the event after I haven't been on Mene is quite a while.
I forgot they were going to do an event!

Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-04-2008, 08:50 AM

Cookie, yeah, that seems incredibly pathetic. -.-
Have you tried looking for another kind of job or is that just what you're more comfortable doing at this juncture?
I've seen a lot of companies not even hiring at this time too, so that must be hard. x.x;

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 08-04-2008, 08:53 AM

I know how you feel cookie, but I will say as I've had different people tell me, a college degree, even if it's just your general ED says you are willing to spend time and commit to working for something.

And you do learn things in college and experience there that you will not elsewhere. Even though i feel my last few years a a JC was kind of wasted.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-04-2008, 08:53 AM

~Aimee~: In the bottom of a bottle. You have to drink the whole thing and look inside to find the pink elephants ^_~

AkashaHeartilly: Even though I have Mene as one of my home pages and I'm here every day, I haven't participated in so long. I feel rusty. I'm glad the event came along ^_^

Donna: I'm looking at any and everything at the moment, but there doesn't seem to be a lot on offer this week. I'm hoping it'll kick up next week and I'll find something. If not, I have a project waiting for me at home....planning a massive yard sale x_X

AkashaHeartilly (again ^_^): I have mixed feelings about "higher education" sometimes. On the one hand, worth it, on the other hand, overrated. It's hard to explain. I'll have mine eventually, it's not that far off, but in the meantime I'm completely frustrated by the stock people put in a piece of paper. It's like until you have it, you're subhuman. Soooo not cool!

Last edited by For-Chan Cookie; 08-04-2008 at 08:57 AM..

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-04-2008, 08:58 AM

I'm glad the event came along too.
Might give me a reason to come back here more.

I tend to make new friends during each event.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-04-2008, 09:04 AM

Same here. Events just tend to bring people out and get them talking.

But for now, I should sleep. I'll come back and revive the thread again tomorrow night (or morning rather). Bye everyone! ^_^

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-04-2008, 09:06 AM

Well, have a lovely evening and get a good nights rest.

I will just be on here for a bit. not sure how long.

Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-04-2008, 09:07 AM

Yay yardsales! Well, at least if you don't have a job for the current [and hopefully very short] time, that it will give you some other things to do. ^^

Edit: Night night. :]

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-04-2008, 09:08 AM

Huh, reminds me, i should do a yardsale soon.

Going to move soon and I should get rid of some stuff.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-04-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadeil View Post
CK- there are allot, i did try at the Caption Contest but i don't think what i came up with was that good tho.. the first thing i thought of was Cecelia asking Nalin how baby's are made.
I haven't read the rules since the thread was first created (several days ago...), but if you're not happy with it, you can probably submit another entry if you come up with something else. XD (I'd double-check the rules though. XD; ) But the idea of that is really cute. XD ::doesn't know if you posted the entry or not - hasn't checked the thread in several hours:: >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
CK,
But that's all I can talk about is the event.
Then there's the chat threads and well, I don't do good in those unless I have something to add to the conversation, which nowadays is pretty much never. >>;
Well - feel free to hang out in any of my threads. XD My Quest thread is pretty dead, but my art contest is going. I don't mind/welcome people who just want to hang out and chat some to come in. :3 (Granted, I don't often post more than once or twice a day unless it's really active... but still! You're welcome!)

I hang out in a lot of other people's art shops/art auctions... Okay, maybe two... Uuuhm... The HOFF thread in Menewsha Nations always looks for new people! We talk about completely random things and earn points from "not-Lee" (General Lee Outrageous). I think we were talking about the Twilight series last and trying to convince each other to make audio recordings of our voices and talking about Toilet Duck (apparently a European cleaning product). And conversation invariably returns to one of the following subjects: Pokemon, clothes, or small animals. XD; It's a very random thread. :3

Quote:
I absolutely LOVE the new colors! ^0^
Blue is nice everyday, but the purple was pretty and unexpected. I thought it was a new, different, and really nice touch.
XD I didn't expect that either... I knew Ken was talking about doing something special with the forums, but that's not exactly what I expected. XD But it was a welcome surprise. :3

Quote:
I'm sooo excited to hear about the background of this event though. mangamangamanga >> I mean-- getting to hear the story about the three musketeers would be lovely. ^^
XD As soon as the Valentine's Day manga is finished (on hold until after the event - but should be posted shortly thereafter now that we have Yan back from preparing for his wedding, having his wedding and having his honeymoon) we'll be able to get manga going again. :3 We should be posting manga updates more frequently after Valentine's is posted. Which means we get to have short storyline segments as well as long arcs. X3 ::is excited. cannot convey that very well. it's 4:30am. is running down:: D:

But the Celes Paradi goddesses will return... I think the reaction to the event "theme"/etc itself is strong enough in a positive that we'll hold this every year, and I know I want to do something cool with the characters. :3 We couldn't really do as much as we had ideas for this time around because we didn't know if people would like it as much as we did. XD So now, unless people suddenly go, "Haaaaaaaaaaaaatee!" we can invest more into it the next time around. X3 (And possibly before then if people really like them...)

Quote:
Okay, so I can go on and on about the event, but obviously when it comes to chatting about anything else, epic phail. XD
But I'm glad it cheered you up that I was cheered up that-- :confused: xD
XD It's just a matter of figuring out something you want to ramble on about. Then the words all sort of spill out on their own. XD And yay! You're glad that I'm glad that you're - yeah. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
blitzy: Let's trade. Tomorrow you go work at a hotel and I get the day off! =D
I quoted the wrong post, but that's close enough to, "I work near the bad side of town" for me to chime in with I KNOW OF THAT WHICH YOU SPEAK. It was seriously just luck that I wasn't the person who was robbed at gunpoint where I used to work. You could look out the drive-thru window where I worked and see drug-deals going on in the parking lot next door, and a crackhouse the next street over. XD; Every restaurant on that strip had been robbed at least once. At gunpoint.

I only worked there as long as I did because all my local friends did and I could take off for weeks and even a month at a time, if I wanted. And get third-choice in how many hours a week I wanted. (The manager and assistant manger got first choice.)

Then that all fell apart and I wasn't going to work there when my best friends/managers were treated so shabbily, quit, and were replaced by a MORON. Not in the bad side of town! I don't really "need" money, so much as it meant I could buy books and art supplies and go on trips around the world whenever I wanted. :B ::wants another job soon. because without a job that means I can do no-theeng. so no movie and dinner dates with friends either:: :c

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Aimee~ View Post
*waves to CK* why of course I am ^3^

oooh where are the elephants kept *wonders*
XD ::can't do anything but lightly tug Aimee's ponytail. cannot respond to that:: XD

--

Jeebly that post took forever to write. D: ::must be falling asleep because she zoned out a lot:: >_>;

Emperial
Unknown Empress

Old 08-04-2008, 10:14 AM

I too find myself with nothing to say. x_x Except to say that I have nothing to say. Alas!