MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 08-05-2014, 06:54 PM

So I start college in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone had good advice for starting college? I'm not really nervous I'm honestly glad to be done with high school and all that drama, I just am interested in what I should be expecting. So for anyone who's been in college or is in it any good advice would be lovely!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-10-2014, 01:37 PM

Coffee... lots of coffee...
Also, don't be ashamed to be the one who's always studying. The more you learn early on the easier the class will be later on, and the less stress you'll have overall

Last edited by The Wandering Poet; 08-10-2014 at 01:40 PM..

jupiter
inactive account

Old 08-10-2014, 10:52 PM

You pick it up pretty quickly along the way.
The best advice I can give is to never settle for something that upsets you or you don't agree with. Don't like the grade a professor gave you? Argue it. Don't like that parking ticket you got on campus? Argue it. It doesn't matter if you paid out of pocket, got a loan, or a scholarship; you're a customer of the school and you deserve to have your needs met. Remember this, and you shouldn't have any trouble getting what you want.

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 08-12-2014, 08:38 PM

My advice is: take notes(you may not look back at them, but write down everything you think is important!), sit at the front of the class if possible, try to spend as much time studying or working on homework as long as the class is, so say you have a 50 minute class three times a week, you should spend 150 minutes on outside school work. Seems like a lot, but it will work in your favor, I promise!

Good luck! If you need help, I'd gladly try to help ya out!

steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 08-17-2014, 01:26 AM

Get a schedule down, and try to eat right and exercise. The biggest issues I had in college were weight gain and procrastination.

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 08-27-2014, 09:38 PM

Thank you guys all for these great tips. I just finished my third day and I love all my classes, my teachers are nice and helpful, and I've gotten an idea of a schedule of when to do what.

steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 08-27-2014, 11:36 PM

That's awesome! Way to go, hon!