salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 05-18-2016, 07:40 PM

What was your favorite or least favorite subject in school and why?

AlkylOranges
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-14-2016, 02:20 AM

Honestly, I get really annoyed with physics sometimes. I was fine with algebra-based physics in high school but in college I had to take calc-based and that's where I got lost. Anything involving rotating made no sense. Then physics II was a lot of circuits and magnets and the math made more sense but everything was still confusing.
Luckily I'm done with physics.. just kidding I'm taking physical chemistry right now which is physics disguised as chemistry.
My friend who is a dual physics and chemistry major thinks it's fine, the rest of the chemistry majors are horrified.

Viveka
:3

Old 10-08-2016, 12:01 AM

At my school, one of the only differences between the BA and BS degrees in biochemistry was that BS students had to take physical chemistry. This was probably the main reason why only about 1/6th of our class chose the BS :P

I hated physics, especially electricity and magnetism (physics II.) I was a biochemistry major and nothing I learned in that class was applicable at all >:( My lab partner was an electrical engineering major and I just let him do all of the work; I was afraid to even touch any of the circuits ever since one of the TAs told us that setting up the circuit the wrong way could cause a fire.

My favorite class was microbiology. Oh, I liked virology too, especially since we had so many guest lecturers.

CookieMonstahh
Ohai~ o3o

Old 10-11-2016, 12:00 PM

When I was younger, my favorite subjects were science, art, and math and I hated language arts, social studies, and history.

Now that I'm in college, I can't stand math or hard sciences (they're too complicated for me to keep up with at this level) but I adore psychology, social studies, and history... xD

Maybe it's because as a kid, I loved logic and facts because everything was nice and neat and made sense so the world made sense. And as I grew up, I gradually learned that the world doesn't operate like an equation, people are irrational, luck and chance play a bigger part than anything else most of the time, and everything is in a constant fluctuating dynamic... 8l nothing is solid and unchanging. So maybe that's why hard logic became tedious to me and instead I was drawn to learn how to analyze the ever changing ebb and flow of a dynamic world.

... -taps chin- ... I also love philosophy.

Panivorous Pancake
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-05-2016, 02:04 AM

My favorite subject would be design and technology, while art comes in at a close second. I just prefer inventing things that can actually be used to solve simple problems in everyday lives, like inventing shoe sorters or more compact storage systems which we do in design and technology.

My least favourite subject would be social studies, because from where I come from, we need to interpret several sources and figure out the message and credibility of each one, and usually, there's only one specific answer which makes it difficult to actually hit the nail on the head.

reddeath26
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to reddeath26

Old 01-14-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonstahh View Post
When I was younger, my favorite subjects were science, art, and math and I hated language arts, social studies, and history.
I'm quite similar. My favourites tended to be the natural sciences, whereas I was not so fond of the social sciences. It would be fair to say my reasoning resembled yours as well. It has largely reversed now, with my favourites being cultural/social anthropology and politics.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 05-18-2017, 09:45 AM

I really enjoyed history in high school. At first the teacher was really annoying and his teaching style did not mesh with me well. He would call on me randomly to answer questions and I'd get nervous and would have trouble answering. Eventually my homeroom teacher and one of the psychologists on staff told him to only call on me if my hand was raised.
And after a few weeks of not being called on when I wasn't ready, I started raising my hand and my education quality was greatly increased.
I also had another really awesome history teacher before him, and he was also really chill. He used to be a drill instructor but he seemed to have mellowed out a little so he wasn't too bad.

Also I really enjoyed biology, geology, and forensic science!

As for least favorite subject, I'd say math. I wasn't good with it and my guardian wasn't willing to shell out for a tutor.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-29-2017, 08:48 AM

I liked English and math.
...school was so very long ago for me....and stuff has changed so much that I doubt I would enjoy school at all if I had to go nowadays!