Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 03-12-2008, 09:59 AM

Hello all,

As you are all aware by now there was a third issue of users getting an enormous amount of gold. Because of this the lottery was taken down and it was found that our users have been exploiting a glitch in the game for quite a while.

The glitch has been fixed, however we have also been logging who has been cheating the system. There have been quite a few members banned as a result - both main AND mule accounts; many of them have been long standing residents of the community.

Fraudulent generation of gold and/or cheating will not be tolerated in any form, as this directly violates the Terms of Service on this web site:

Quote:
Menewsha Staff may halt, suspend, discontinue, or reverse any Gold transaction (whether proposed, pending or past) in cases of actual or suspected fraud. Violations of these Terms and/or other laws and regulations, or any deliberate disruptions or interference within Menewsha may result in the offending account(s) and Internet Proxies(s) being banned.
I wanted to let you all know what was happening in case you receive a message from a friend who says they were banned. No one will get this ban overturned.

Going forward, if you are banned for cheating, offsiting, and breaking the rules repeatedly you will not be welcome back. Any account that you create will be banned immediately.

PLEASE NOTE:
What the people who cheated the lottery were doing had no effect on the actual draw. It did not prevent people who had bought tickets from winning.

They were not buying tickets themselves, nor were they enabling themselves to win.

They were generating gold via bad coding, but not participating in the lottery itself.

You can buy tickets without any fear of getting into trouble of any kind.

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 03-13-2008, 01:47 AM

Wow! 0.0 This makes me glad that I never ever bought a lottery ticket. Juru's on a tare with the bannhammer.

CLAMP
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-13-2008, 01:51 AM

Oh my.
Thanks for letting us know juru.

BrokenHearted
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 03-13-2008, 01:51 AM

No wonder I never win... :shock:

jessiekins
:+:+: Lady Kuchiki :+:+:

Old 03-13-2008, 01:53 AM

wow i'm glad i stopped playing the lottery. but then again i would only buy one ticket. at a time. *shrugs*
i hope everything goes well with this.
i also hope that i don't loose the item i just got not
too long ago if you guys do, do a reversal.

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Suteki Send a message via MSN to Suteki

Old 03-13-2008, 01:55 AM

Oh wow, people have been exploiting the lottery? o.O;; I never knew o:

wispytearz
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to wispytearz Send a message via MSN to wispytearz Send a message via Yahoo to wispytearz

Old 03-13-2008, 01:56 AM

Just to make sure, this was something a user would have to be consciously aware of and intentionally doing in order to do it, right? I only ask because I've never kept track of my gold and sometimes buy a ticket or two and just want to make sure it wasn't something anyone could accidentally do. Thanks in advance and thanks for letting us know.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 03-13-2008, 01:57 AM

Yes, the people who were abusing the system knew exactly what they were doing in order to get it to generate gold for them.

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-13-2008, 01:57 AM

Glad I don't believe in the lottery but that's crazy. O.o Just to be safe I probably won't play any of the games till all the possible loop holes are closed.

twizted child eve
┌(・。・...

Old 03-13-2008, 01:59 AM

@__@ I never knew. I usually bought one ticket a week to see if I'd ever win, but wow.

Wynna
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-13-2008, 02:03 AM

Oh wow, it seems lately that there's a whole bunch of people who just want to hack into Mene and that.

wispytearz
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to wispytearz Send a message via MSN to wispytearz Send a message via Yahoo to wispytearz

Old 03-13-2008, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurupamae
Yes, the people who were abusing the system knew exactly what they were doing in order to get it to generate gold for them.
Thank you. That is very reassuring ^_^ Good luck in not getting any angry responses (since people can be really unreasonable when their friends claim innocence.) If it's any consolation, I really appreciate that you guys are doing this. Thanks again <3

Kitanya
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-13-2008, 02:17 AM

Whats going to happen with all that gold?

I mean, some of them might have been selling/ buying on the exchange area. Does a person that gets some of that gold without knowing gets banned too?

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 03-13-2008, 02:21 AM

This makes me wonder what they were doing that was against the rules >.>'

Tre Le Coco

Old 03-13-2008, 02:22 AM

no no one will get banned for obtaining gold from a cheater ^^ I'm taking a guess, but im pretty sure juru or jelly will let you just keep it anyway

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 03-13-2008, 02:22 AM

There's nothing I can do about the gold that was generated in small amounts and used in the exchange and unknowing recipients of that gold have nothing to fear. Your accounts are fine. It is simply those that knowingly abused the system. As I said, we have been logging this.

Those individuals who generated gold in larger amounts and then attempted to hide it in trades have been dealt with as well.

Edit: desertdessiert it is against the rules to manufacture gold by exploiting a glitch, or using a bot, as this is fraud.

Korrye
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-13-2008, 02:24 AM

I've tried my hand at the lottery but so far no luck. I'm glad to hear that the exploits have been fixed though.

Majinkoz
(^._.^)ノ

Oh my goodness. o.0

I would buy one lottery ticket once in a while, but that's it.

That's actually prety scary. :(

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

That is pretty crappy what they did :?
I am happy that the glitch was taken care of though. This will keep that 9999999999.99 whatever thing from happening again, correct?

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 03-13-2008, 02:28 AM

Yes it should keep that from happening again. :)

Motion
Writer

Can you mention the names of the exploiters?

maxiekun
*^_^*

I don't understand why someone would do this. : (
At least it's getting taken care of.

Nuru
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-13-2008, 02:29 AM

Oh jeeze D:
I've never used the lottery here, or on any site that had a lottery, but it's good to hear it's been fixed up. I've always wondered how the heck people find loopholes these sort of things. If I found one I'd directly report it to the staff, I think most people would, so maybe they were looking for the loop holes? The idea of that is sort of sickening though. I don't understand why they would exploit something like that...

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 03-13-2008, 02:35 AM

Andre, no I will not post their names here as their situation is between myself (and staff) and them. They are more than welcome to contact me if they have questions but short of that the accounts will not be returned.

What is most upsetting about this particular glitch is that there was a clique of people who knew about this and chose NOT to report it. Unfortunately I cannot speak to their reasons why not, nor will I catch all of them (I'm only as good as being human allows) but here's to hoping that these types of things quit happening.

Majinkoz
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-13-2008, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre
Can you mention the names of the exploiters?
I was actually wondering that too...can you let us know? Or is that something secret?

edit: Nevermind you posted right before I did answering my question. :)