Pandora's Box
Everyone's Favorite Sociopath

Old 05-21-2014, 05:11 PM

Sky bit into a strange orange fruit, that she didn't know the name to. There was so much flavor to it, that it made her pucker her lips. Ooh... Everything about this place was different than she was used to. It was then she remembered that she had to go back to the lab with everyone else, and she may have taken too long. She took a bite then darted back to the lab. She hated the idea of being the last one there. There was already the fact that all the other experiments had met before her and Leila had gotten there. How long had they known each other? She didn't even know their names, just their numbers.

She skidded to a stop in front of the lab, took a breath and walked in like normal. She let out a sigh of relief when she saw she wasn't late. That made things so much easier. Now she could look at some of these computers a little better. She wondered why Three wanted all of them back here afterwards. Maybe he had some information.

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 05-21-2014, 06:11 PM

Chumana didn't know what she hated more, being underground away from mother nature, or being up in the havoc of mother nature. Listening half heartedly, she watched as people dispersed. Looking at the male that brought them down here, she shook her head. She had always lived the way they had been living now, on the go, with few resources. Her eyes narrowed and she turned her back on them all. She hated what had happened to their world, and that now he was going to have to trust more people then she ever liked to be around. Gripping her bow tightly, she headed back towards the surface. Once back in the fresh air, she took a deep breath through her lungs and let out a heavy sigh. Taking off through the foliage, she liked the feel of her muscles at work. Knowing that everyone was tired and in need of bathing and rest, she needed to provide for them. She might not like them, but she wouldn't let them suffer.

Perched in a tree, she patiently waited for the animal she had been stalking for a while. It was definitely a very large animal, which would be enough to provide for everyone. Breathing softly and steadily, she then drew her arrow back and released it. Watching as it hit, she shot again, and once more, before the beast finally fell down. Jumping down from the large tree, she took out her knife and began to cut down the beast. She took pride in preparing the meat, saving all that could be saved made her belief that mother nature always provides, and they would not waste a single thing. Looking through all her work, she then packed everything up and headed back to the secret area that led far into the ground. Sliding down the hole, she landed lightly on her feet.

Walking around slowly, trying not to think of how discusted with all this man made stuff she was. How much it felt wrong to walk on this floor with her bare feet. Finding the kitchen, she looked around with shock written all over her face. What was this stuff? Confused, she looked around, opening drawers and cabinets. Finding pictures of the ovens on it, she read through the manual, and slowly learned how she would cook the meat. Pulling out the meat, she rubbed them with the oils and herbs she found as well when looking for the manuals. Nodding in acceptance, she then sighed and left the kitchen to find a bathroom.

Finding a bathroom that was unoccupied, she stripped down her clothes from her body and sat on the edge of the bath. Humming to herself she pulled her braids out of her hair and then looked at herself in the mirror. She was shocked, as she remembered herself as the young girl Ryker found, she knew she was older, but she didn't realize she actually looked it. Seeing her mother and father's features in her face, brought tears to her eyes. Wiping them away, she then moved into the shower and began to wash herself. Coming out of the shower, she moved to her pack to grab her clothes she had been working on herself. Pulling them out she sat cross legged on the ground, lovingly working on her clothes she had been finishing for a while. Finished for now without having time to make any beautiful beads or embrodiery, she sighed and pulled on the outfit.

Slowly entering the lab, her hair actually down for the first time in a long time, with the beast's feathers tied into her hair that she just killed she looked around at everyone there. "Food is cooking in the oven. It will be done within an hour." she said smoothly, she then sighed softly and leaned against the wall. She wasn't liking this place or the people around her exactly. But she was so different from them all, with her background and up bringing that it was just something that was rather unsavory.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-22-2014, 12:52 AM

Hibiki Slipped into a bathroom of his own, slowly undressing. He sighed a bit, as he slipped into a hot bath. He actually did not know when the last time he had had a bath was...he did not remember the last time he had done much of anything was. Steam rose into the air, as he stared up at the cieling above him. Even now, he could feel the minds of others around him. Ryker and Chuma were unhappy and in pain. Many of the others were more concerned with what to wear or the like. They were all so different. And he....He pulled his legs close. A bit of depression sunk into himself, they all had something to think about...to miss...to hold within their hearts. Good or bad, they all still had something...he was drawing a complete blank.

His hands moved into his hair, as his eyes closed. The stress upon his mind rippled a bit among their connection, the emptiness and confusion for a moment there. He took a breath, finishing up quickly. He found the clothes, choosing a pair of black pants, a blue sweater and black boots, to complete a simple outfit. It was nothing big, but that was fine. It was nice to be clean and fresh. He headed out of the room, avoiding the others as they all made their way back towards the lab. He felt the looks and such, but kept his distance for the moment. Cion had spent the time after they had looked around down here with Bastien, completely interested in what was going on.

Bastien glanced at Hibiki, making a mental note to talk to him later, instead of seemingly to shun him like he got the feeling of from the others. He had been there a lot, the kid needed a friend. He turned to the others for now, it was time to get started. "All of you have a basic idea of what is going on, and what brought about this correct?" he said, well all of them but Hibiki for the most part. It was more of a rethorical question. "For the longest time, it was believed that for the most part, humans have been...whiped out other than us" he leaned against the consol behind him. "Well, it could or not be true" he says, "Evo pull up the files." "As you wish sir" came a voice from nowhere around them. He saw a few of them jump, which made him smile a bit.

Various places around the world began to be pulled up upon the screens around them. All of them looked like hell, confirming that this incident was world wide, not just here. "Evo is an earlier version of Cion's systems...not advanced but he is still pretty incredible if you know how to work with him" Bastien said. A green eye like design, similar to the blue one that made up Cion's eye appeared on the computer behind him. "I am happy to be of assistance" the voice said again, giving the idea that this was Evo's system speaking. Bastien nodded to the pictures of cities one by one, naming them off. "New York. Los Angeles. Mexico City. Santiago. London..." he looked back at them, "along with this one, that makes seven known bases around the world. They were in production of a few more, but locations are still being worked on. The one in Mexico City has collapsed, Evo has no communications with systems there at all for the time being."

He sighed a bit, "appart from London and Santiago , the others are on North America. It is ia possibility, that they could be occupied, or perhaps some of the ones we do not know of yet. This means....there could possibly be living humans still within the world." It was a bit of blunt information to put out there, but they had little time to waste about it. He would let the information sink in for now before he continued. There might have been questions, if so, he would get them out of the way. Hibiki looked at the pictures, viewing the distruction around the world. As Bastien began speaking, he looked back at him.

Seriously? People could be living in one of the bases, or there could be more they did not know about? He did feel a bit of hope with that, the thought of all of them not being alone was a good thing, but that did not mean danger was out of the question. Cion seemed very happy to hear of Evo, the two had been conversing before the others had come in unnoticed by them. It was like having a brother. He flew over to hover by Hibiki, "quite a turn of events..." he looked himself at the pictures.

Pandora's Box
Everyone's Favorite Sociopath

Old 06-10-2014, 11:41 PM

Sky listened to Bastien talk, silent the whole time. She was paying close attention to the pictures shown, almost entranced. "The other bases.." she began quietly. "Can Evo make contact with them? You mentioned Mexico city being collapsed. What about the others? If we can make contact, we can learn whether the ones we know of are occupied at least." She thought aloud, but she slowly got quieter the more she spoke. "I bet you've already thought of that though." She added, feeling like it was a stupid question.

She went back to studying the photos shown. It was interesting to think of the possibility of more people out there, but also hard to believe. How would anyone be able to get into any of these places? She decided not to voice her doubts, not wanting to ruin the others' hopes of more people.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 06-11-2014, 04:42 AM

Her chest still hurt from all the coughing she had done in the bath. She ignored the pain, putting a smile on her face for the others. The woman returned Alpha’s nod with one of her own as they passed. Entering the greenhouse she went in search of fruit. Fruit sounded good right now. It didn’t take her long to find what she was searching for. Star fruit, it had been years since she last had any of the delicious fruit. With a grin she picked a few of the ripe and unusual fruit. Pleased with her find she took her treasures and head back to where they were all going to meet. As she walked she took out her dagger, using it to cut into the fruit.

Masuyo opted to stand near Hibiki for a change. While waiting for Bastien to start talking she offered the boy some of the star fruit she had sliced, giving him a smile. It didn’t take long for Bastien to begin filling them in. She listened with interest. The pictures of the destruction around the world made her heart sink. The damage was far beyond what she had imagined. As she stared at the images an old quote came to her mind. <‘Life will find a way,’> of course this was in reference to nature and how it was taking back the world.

With the information about the facilities and that there could be others humans out there. The possibility of other survivors gave her hope. She ate another piece of the fruit. Letting the new information sink in. Many questions ran through her mind. Before she could speak up Sky started asking questions. Some of them were ones that had crossed her mind.

She looked over at Hibiki and Cion. “Do you think there are others out there hiding?” She was curious what the boy thought. He wasn’t like the rest of them since he didn’t seem to remember much about himself. “Can we really save this world?” The words were barely a whisper as she spoke them. It was doubtful that anyone had heard her.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 06-11-2014, 03:00 PM

How long had he been in that shower? His skin was taut and his head felt light. Too warm? Perhaps, but it was nice to finally wash everything away. He was purging his mind of all the purgatory he'd been through. Wincing when the hot watered started to scar his skin, the redhead pulled from the water and went about finding his clothes. Shoving them into the boiling water, he did his best to clean them. Sure, the others find new outfits, but Ryker didn't want new. He wanted reliable and this suit had been through so much that he just couldn't give it up.

Dressed in the damp clothes (he tried to blow-dry them with warm heat), he sloshed out back into the main room. Bastien, Hibiki, and the others were gathering.

Another speech? His brow cocked as he slid up beside Ana. Nuzzling her neck with his warm nose, he made the sound that a mother cat would use to summon its litter of kittens.

"Aren't you looking pretty," he cooed before bouncing his hip against hers. The light action caused him to fumble sideways toward Hibiki. Turning a head to him, he smiled a the kiddo. He would have tousled his hair, but a voice from nowhere jarred his actions.

Talking walls? He was confused at this point, but was quickly learning to not question Bastien and his antics.

So there was a chance that others could have survived? When Cion moved near him, the green eyed man sent the robot a teasing glare. Their relationship would always be one of mockery and, with the hopes of getting Hibiki to smile, he figured the following tongue poking from his lips would do the trick.

"Cion, you're quite useless," he jeered with a smug grin on his face. "How does this other bot, one not as new as you, know all this whereas you didn't." He gasped before stepping back from the robot. Hand on his mouth, he awed in a drunken-like stupor. "Cion, are you... deflective?!"

Of course, his silly antics were deafened and downplayed by the other's keen interest in this newfound knowledge. Sky seemed to take the lead and asked of the others. Of contact and reaching them. To search for survivors. All great questions, but still troubling. To cross the land that far and wide on a whim? Heh, it didn't seem worth it. Risk all their lives for a potential dead end.

Since when had he gotten so skeptical? So cynical. Ryker shook his head before batting his eyes in Masuyo's direction. She was just as hopeful as the last. Why was it that he was so doubtful. Was he not the bringer of life and light?

Rubbing his arm, Ryker found himself questioning all he fought for. Wasn't his becoming an experiment done so he could save people. So he could be fast enough to prevent the worse.

"Of course," he purred. "God didn't give our doctor the power to create us as we now are for no reason. We're clearly mankind's last hope. We're all the world has left. It's up to us to save the world and restore peace." Smiling bashfully at Masuyo, he rung his hands lightly before elbowing Hibiki gently. "You'll join us in saving the world, right kiddo?"

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 06-11-2014, 04:38 PM

Cion turned his attention to the man who was once again attempting to insult him. His eye narrowed, as Bastien spoke up "Cion has more advanced files than Evo or any computer system. Many of them were sealed for the moment by the doctor however to protect them from....various things." He turned his attention to the female who had asked him her question before. "We can attempt to manually activate systems within the other bunkers...but it would still be dependant on if anyone is actually there" he turned to the computer. Cion floated over to Ryker, "my files are locked for protection and even with that I am still highly advance. You on the other hand are seriously defective both mentally and physically cause your well....you.."

He lifted Ryker's arm, poking at the lack of upper body strength as others of the men within the room had. "Seriously...you call these toothpicks limbs" he said, before poking at his head, "and half the time it's like the lights are on...but nobodies home." He floated away from the other, back to the console where Bastien stood. Hibiki could not help but smile a bit at the exchange of words. The two were quite different. When Ryker had nudged him however, asking if he would be helping them to save the world he paused. He looked at all of them, then thought to himself for the moement. He might not have had a past at the moment, but he had a future. As did all of them, if he was able to help out with that, he would do it. He nodded to Ryker, a slight alarm beeped on the screen. Bastien raised an eyebrow "pull it up on screen" he said.

Evo pulled up a picture of the sky, outside were what looked like many black birds swarming over head. Basien sighed, "that cursed woman again....Stay in here" he said cooly to the others, before he exited the room. Cion moved closer to the picture, tapping his faceplate for a moment. "Something feels....familiar" he thought out loud. He turned to look at Hibiki. "We can't very well let him go alone right? We're a team now" he said. Hibiki nodded a bit. He was sure Bastien could handle himself, but he did not like the idea of him having to face whatever this was alone. He was probably used to being on his own, Hibiki knew how that felt. But if they were going to be a team, they were going to have to stand together. He turned, walking out of the room.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 06-11-2014, 05:11 PM

Between pouting and happy expressions, Ryker's cheeks were getting quite the workout. However, upon Cion's comments about aiding Bastien, Ryker just had to play his cards. "I'm too weak to aid. Afraid I've got useless toothpick arms. I shall never measure up to Al's strength, or even Hibiki's. Why, I'm pretty sure the lovely ladies have more muscle mass than me." He attempted to make a muscle, but failed miserably. It was certainly on purpose, but even if he had tried properly, he still would have looked pathetic in comparison. "See," he sighed dramatically. "I guess I'm just not cut out for this job. Let me go find a dress and I'll be the princess in distress. You all," his arms flew out to his sides, "you all shall be my brave knights and warriors."

The moment he was done laughing, his face fell serious. "For as weak and idiotic as I am, I do have my merits. My speed is peerless and has always proved useless in the past. Don't count me out little 'bot before the war has truly begun. Who knows, your life might just dangle in my grasp and I, being the only one fast enough to save you, might have to toy with letting your rust or live." Leaning down, he knocked on the bot's head before moving after Bastien.

"Rather than having everyone outside, we should keep some of you inside. Just in case," he warned before vanishing.

Now just behind Bastien (perks of speed), the redhead reached out a hand to jerk Bastien back into his zone. "If you pull anything on any of these people, I will kill you. There will be no salvation. I saved you once. I don't have to do it again." Brows lowering over his eyes, a deep shadow cast a threatening look over Ryker's already peeved face. "These people are my family and friends, Bastien. Don't you forget it."

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 06-11-2014, 05:30 PM

Cion rolled his eye, that man was certainly an ape. Bastien gave a look of his own to the man, brushing his hand away from its hold. "I do not have time for your pathetic threats" he said, "if you are going to kill me go ahead and do it already or get the hell out of my way." He was not intimidated in the least by the other, light sparks felt nipping at the other as they were in close proximity. "I do not give a damn if you approve of me or even like me. Your issues are your own, I am here to do my job and to protect the others as well as this world" his eyes directly on the others, "now you can shut up and hlep me or stay behind with the others." With that he left him standing there to his own thoughts and feelings, going up to the surface.

Hibiki had been following as well, his eyes on Ryker as he noted the exchange between the two men. He said nothing, passing the man to go up himself. His eyes on the sky as he stepped out into the air, it was clouded more than usual. Birds flying over head, Bastien was looking up at them. "Ignore him" he said, "niether he or Alpha approve of me, and it is fine." He looked down at the younger man, "right now I am more concerned with keeping everyone safe." Hibiki nodded, "what do we do then?" Thinking, Bastien looked back at the birds. "We will need to draw their attention...I am sure a bit of fire will be fun and do the trick" he smiled lightly, "keep an eye on the others, if they decided to come up as well. If their willing to kick some ass they will need to be prepared. What's up there,...is quite literally a bitch to deal with." With that he took off. Hibiki watched him go, staying where he was to see if any of the others would come up.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 06-11-2014, 06:01 PM

It seemed to be a common thing, rolling the eyes. After his interaction with Bastien, Ryker could only glare on after the guy. Boy did that man piss him off. Perhaps he was the reason Ryker was so tense? Prior to Bastien, Ryker was far happier and lighter.

To think, his head turned away as Hibiki walked by, one man could cripple a spirit of light and life. Bastien was far from perfect and the redhead was worried that the coy man would pull the wool over the other's eyes.

Could he change? Had he changed?

There was too much at stake to believe in him. With a sigh, Ryker followed on after the two and eventually emerged beside Hibiki.

"I hope his words ring true. I would hate to find out that he's up to his games." Ryker's eyes didn't shift from where he was staring. "I won't tell you who to believe and what to do, you're a man and you've your own right to decide. However, I will warn you to sleep with one eye open around him."

Looking around, Ryker presumed they were trying to rid of the birds in the area. Or, there in the far distance, was a larger black spot. Was that their target?

Ruffling Hibiki's hair, Ryker offered the younger male a smile. "If things get too hairy, go back inside. I would rather know you're safe than trying to be a hero." Hand on his hip, Ryker tipped the guy off with a head salute. "Besides, you're the last of our kind. I like to believe there's something truly special about you." As he ran off, he shouted, "I would rather die than see you fall to death's hands!"

In seconds, Ryker was beside Bastien and cocking back his head. "Care to fill me in? If you're truly about saving mankind, then you'll realize the importance of having a knowledgeable," he hesitated before extending a hand out, "partner."

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 06-11-2014, 06:16 PM

Hibiki listened to the words of the other as he came out. He tilted his head a bit, curious as to what brought up all these words and feelings the other spoke about. He watched him rush off once more however, leaving him to his thoughts. Bastien was scanning the brush. He had meant what he said. He did not care if people believed him, trusted him or even liked him.

Due to points in the past, Ryker and Alpha had labled him the 'black sheep' per say. Niether of them knew though, and at times it was a pain in the ass not to just be able to say it. Not that it should change everything. If they were so bent as hell on thinking he was out to slit their throats in the night, they could damn well keep believing that. His eyes moved to the other as he came up.

What, was he following him now like a lost puppy? He sighed, looking at his work as the other spoke about his intentions yet again. He then spoke of partnership. It almost made Bastien laugh, the man who had just threatened to kill him moments ago was now suggesting partnership. He had told the other that he needed to help or keep out of the way. He was not so low a man to push apart the good of the world for foolish personal feelings.

He did not take the hand, but nodded. "The fire will attract the attention of the..lesser intellegant minds flying above us" he said. It was true, most birds and such were attracted to the shiny and the colorful. The fire would pull their attention to an area apart from where the base was. "If you want to be of use, wait till the mass gets close enough...then raise the fire" he said, the other should get the hint. If he began moving around the fire, he could create a lift that would pull the fire up into the air like a vortex and fry all of them at once. That would only leave her then.

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 06-12-2014, 03:31 PM

Chumana watched as Ryker approached, covered in a light film of water from his shower, and his clothes damp. The feeling of his cooler skin against hers made a slight shiver run through her body. Looking at the male's face she gave a loving smile and patted his back as his arms wrapped around her. Hugging him back as he nuzzled her neck affectionately the native woman watched as he stepped away ans spoke to the others. As he spoke and bantered with Cion she could remember playing with the little robot as she went through her transformation. He had been her only friend inbetween tests and sleep. Though he hadnt been activiated she had memories of him and after that everything became blurred like a distant dream. The two were funny, and eveb though they argued it showed that they cared for one another. Moving her eyes to Hibiki, the woman offered a slight smile. He was closest to her in age and power. They were the newest expirements and she did feel that the boy may one day become a good friend. The dark skinned woman felt he had a good head on his shoulders and was far more wise then even he knew yet, which she figured was why the doctor chose him as the final and most secret expirament. Next her eyes laid on Bastien. He was very different as well. Obviously he had a past with Ryker and Alpha, one that wasnt so great in fact. Yet she didnt believe he could be all bad for he brought them here and spoke of other humans still alive. An idea she had given up on since meeting Ryker.

Then 3 spoke of an unwanted guest. Sighing inwardly, she nodded her head to masuyo and turned from the group and headed towards the kitchen. She checked on the cooking food and nodded as it was almost finished. Deciding that having three males up there without female guidance was a bad thing she thought of the surface entrance and with the sound of a pop she appeared next to Hibiki as the two others were further away. Looking to the boy she then looked up at the birds. "Where is Bastien and Ryker?"

Last edited by Seer Of the Future; 06-12-2014 at 03:53 PM..

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 06-15-2014, 03:10 AM

While waiting for Hibiki’s reply the young woman found herself a bit distracted by Ryker. It seemed that the older man was once again teasing Cion. She laughed at him. When he looked in her direction gave him a sheepish smile which was soon wiped away. She tilted her head to the side as she looked at him. Ryker’s mood seemed to shift when he looked at her, but she wasn’t sure why. This bothered her a little. Then he seemed to answer the question she had been asking herself just moments before his mood shifted.

The woman listened to his words. “You say that, but you seem…I don’t know…skeptical.” She gave him a smile in return, wondering how he had heard her. Masuyo didn’t think she had spoken loud enough for anyone to hear. The smile she had faded as she looked back over at Hibiki.

She wanted to try to be friends with the younger male, but so far he attempts had all fallen short, very short. With a sigh her attention then turned back to Bastien, Ryker and the new situation at hand. The two exchanged words and were gone, along with Hibiki. Really staying behind seemed like the logical option for her. Even with her leg in better condition it wouldn’t be good if she reinjured it so soon.

She returned Chumana’s nod as she passed by. The woman probably looked a tad down as she stood there debating what to do. She should stay behind, but if things got bad out there her ability would be helpful to the others. At this point she was a bit torn between her desire to fight and not wanting to be a burden or bother to the others. For now she would stay here. If needed she would go out and help. This was the best plan at least for her.

Alpha...” That’s all she said before shaking her head. What she was going to say wasn’t necessary. “Nevermind, just be careful if you decide to go join the fight. My leg is still not in the greatest of shape so I’ll just monitor things from here using Evo. Don’t worry, I’ll come out to help if you guys need rescuing.” Masuyo laughed lightly, though she felt uncomfortable being with these strangers.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 06-15-2014, 07:02 PM

Leila found the greenhouse and managed to pick and eat a fruit that looked like an apple to her. It tasted alittle funny, but she ate the whole thing anyway. Before she could look for something else to eat, she remember that they were supposed to meet up in a lab. What for I wonder? she thought as she left the greenhouse and made her way to the lab. Seeing just a few inside, the others must be somewhere else. "So what's going on here? You guys look like you're ready to fight and make a last stand."