Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 11-02-2010, 06:55 PM

I like the cold, so that's another point in it's favour.

ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 11-02-2010, 07:01 PM

Biggles: Dix points! I wanted to move to North London, preferably Camden or Brick Lane areas, because they look pretty awesome. But my uni is waaaayyyyy down South West (like zone 6) so it would be way too far to commute which would probably result in me never going in at all.
Right now it takes me about 40-45 minutes to get there, but it only takes me half an hour to get to North London (Camden and boyfriend's place :3 ) instead of one and a half hour last year, when I was living closer to uni.

Ugh yes cutie, it's getting so cold! Usually I don't mind the cold much, it can be pretty cozy, but if it's grey and windy and drizzling I don't like it.
And I definitely don't like it when there's no heating.. the boiler worked the other day for one evening, now it seems it's gone off again. :|

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to hillary84 Send a message via Yahoo to hillary84

Old 11-02-2010, 07:02 PM

I'm in northern lower Michigan. In a very small town.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 11-02-2010, 07:03 PM

It sounds like a good compromise, location wise, ljos.

Well, I'm off to do other things. Be back later, I reckon.

ljosberinn

Old 11-02-2010, 07:04 PM

Michigan is pretty cold too, isn't it? My flatmate is from Chicago.

Bye Biggles, talk later! :)

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 11-02-2010, 07:07 PM

It is cold. The summers are nice when it's not too humid. The winters have been really cold the last two years.

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 11-02-2010, 07:10 PM

Bye Cardinal~ nice talking to you ^^
@ljos : Mm, I hate it when it's wet ;o;
I also like my daylight, so I don't really like putting the clocks back ;u;

Hey hillary! ^^

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 11-02-2010, 07:16 PM

Hello!
I don't like having to get my classes when it's still dark out. ;.; The only good thing about DST is an hour more of sleep.

ljosberinn

Old 11-02-2010, 07:24 PM

Oh hey maybe the clocks changing is messing my mind up a bit? I've been soooo tired all day, been wondering why.. maybe that's why? I seem to be fairly sensitive to these things, especially seeing how I come from a country with such extremes when it comes to daylight.. but I'm not used to having to change the clocks.

I don't like humid much.. heat messes me up, I just feel sick when it's too hot, especially if it's humid too.

Insomniac
Janitor
Administrator

Old 11-02-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljosberinn View Post

Scribbled, maybe. But there's also the question of how people feel about clones.. I mean, if it is an exact clone, except for the complication of ageing, which would become a major problem for them (and I'm sure Rose was aware of that), and it's got the exact same personality and everything else, I don't see why it would be a problem. Depends on whether you look at the clone as a different person entirely or simply as a copy of the existing person - the same, just a duplicate. He still had the memory of all their experiences together after all.

Christmas can not come soon enough! :D

But what if her love for the doctor had a lot of grounding with his ability to take her through time and show her incredible things? He might be the same excellent runner, but his inability to do incredible things as often might just make her see him as a lesser man.

ljosberinn

Old 11-02-2010, 08:19 PM

Well.. apparently not? Since she did go with him..

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 11-02-2010, 09:25 PM

I view clones as a separate entity and person - like the Doctor's daughter who happens to be a clone. She's treated as a separate entity whereas the Doctor's Doctor-clone is not treated as a separate person but rather as a copy of the original Doctor. They've also built up this huge to-do that the Doctor can never really be with the one he loves no matter the race/species of the loved one and to give Rose the clone seems like a huge cop out. Just a way to appease the fans; fan service if you will.

ljosberinn

Old 11-02-2010, 09:47 PM

I don't think it can be compared to Jenny at all.. she was indeed a completely different person, made from altered DNA from the Doctor, plus, referenced to as his daughter, not his clone. The clone Doctor was almost exactly the same as the original.
But either way, as I said, it depends on how you look at clones I guess. I didn't really mind it, at least this way it wasn't a complete tragedy. I wasn't a big fan of the whole Rose coming back thing anyway, I feel like they should've just let it rest. >.o

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-02-2010, 09:57 PM

Yeah, Jenny isn't really comparable to the Doctor clone. She was a clone based on his DNA, but she wasn't The Doctor. She didn't possess his memories, personality, etc. The Doctor's clone was an exact copy (minus the live forever Time Lord bit) up to the exact point he was made (or the point that his hand was cut off at? I wasn't really clear on that). So through different experiences they may change into different people, they were at the start the same person. Which is probably why the main Doctor had problems coping with what the clone Doctor did to the Daleks - he didn't want to believe that that was a decision he very likely would have made.

As for Rose with the new clone Doctor, I think it would be understandable for her to feel like he wasn't "the real" Doctor (since, well, he isn't), but he is pretty much the same person. It's not comparable to going for your love's twin brother or something like that.

(I feel like such a nerd right now, but I'm too busy being happy to have some people to have these kinds of nerdy discussions with >>)

Lost in Austen
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 11-02-2010, 10:26 PM

He is the same person, sharing all of the Doctor's personality traits up until the metacrisis. And then there's a little bit of human thrown in there too, from Donna. hehe.

ljosberinn

Old 11-02-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Flavored Antacid View Post
As for Rose with the new clone Doctor, I think it would be understandable for her to feel like he wasn't "the real" Doctor (since, well, he isn't), but he is pretty much the same person. It's not comparable to going for your love's twin brother or something like that.

Exactly. And good point Lost, there's probably a little bit of Donna in there too.. I wonder if he got any of her sassyness and if so, how Rose is going to like it.. xD

Edit: Damn, this discussion is making me really want to see those episodes again.. maybe I'll see if I can find them and watch them now before going to sleep.. *starts rummaging around in various hard drives*

Last edited by ljosberinn; 11-02-2010 at 10:31 PM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-02-2010, 10:38 PM

They should be on the website you linked to in the main TARDIS thread. (I should know, that's where I watch. >> ... Well, I used to, I found another website that tends to have better video quality.)

I may be remembering incorrectly, but he didn't he do a few loud Donna-isms?

ljosberinn

Old 11-02-2010, 10:49 PM

I think he did, though it has been a long time since I watched them. And I can't watch them online, since my connection is too slow for it. :( I'd be waiting all line for it to load and even then it'd probably stop halfway through.. Hopefully we'll be getting a new one soon though.
...Now if only my hard drive would connect to my computer.. >.<

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-02-2010, 10:54 PM

Oh really? I've got a pretty slow computer myself, but I don't have problems streaming the Doctor Who episodes.
We just need to find some wealthy relatives who'll give us the seasons on DVD for Christmas. :D

ljosberinn

Old 11-02-2010, 10:59 PM

I've actually got them all on DVD. >.> They're just at home because box sets take up too much space.. especially when there's four of them! Anyway, my hard drive finally decided to work and I've got series 3, 4 and 5 on there! Night night! :D

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-02-2010, 11:17 PM

Uh! Then let me have your box sets while you're not using them! :gonk: :lol:
Night! And enjoy your episodes!

ljosberinn

Old 11-02-2010, 11:56 PM

Before I forget! These episodes have two instances when the TARDIS doesn't seem to translate for the companion.. first when the Doctor takes Donna to the Shadow Proclamation, the Judoon greets him and it's not translated (and it seems Donna doesn't understand it either). Next, when Martha teleports to Germany, the Daleks are speaking German, which is not translated either (but I thought was kinda cool anyway). It always confused me a bit since it's supposed to translate everything.

Also, damn but drama makes me cry. :gonk:

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 11-03-2010, 12:38 AM

I liked the German speaking Daleks. I cry at the end every time because Donna has to forget The Doctor.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 11-03-2010, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Flavored Antacid View Post
Uh! Then let me have your box sets while you're not using them! :gonk: :lol:
Night! And enjoy your episodes!
Oh, Cherry. You scared me there for a moment. I read "Box Sets" as "Sex Bots".

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-03-2010, 01:16 AM

ljosberinn - Yeah, that bothered me... It's not the first time we haven't heard the translated speech of the Judoon either. Really, we shouldn't have any idea what their language sounds like. I mean, we've seen scenes with them that the Doctor and his companion weren't present for, but with all the other aliens scenes like that are translated.

Biggles - Oh my... :gonk: