Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 01-09-2015, 07:18 PM

The female scowled, but it was clear she was pleased with the information. That one hint narrowed Mannik's location down to roughly five areas that Sarah knew of. She didn't waste time answering his teasing, and to be frank, she was rather looking forward to kissing Zenon anyway.

Their little banter had earned a new respect for the man himself. He really was rather clever. She found it exciting. And of course, the compliments. Her soldiers her were too intimidated to flirt with her. Zenon was different, in oh, so many way.

"Don't you feel bad?" Sarah questioned the male, shifting on the bed so she was straddling him. It had been a very good hint, after all. "You are engaged, after all...." Her blue eyes seemed so soften, and she let her hands slid around the man's neck as she leaned down, pressing her lips against him. She gave him a rather deep kiss, and though it had been a while, she had a feeling there were few kisses that even Zenon had experienced that matched hers. She wasn't going to toot her own horn and say it aloud, but she was rather good at kissing.

~</3~

Mannik sat sullenly, watching the view, though he did raise an eyebrow and give Adelmar a look that radiated disbelief when she stated Zenon wouldn't object. Somehow, he doubted that. The next time he made a noise, it was a scoff, when she said it was the right thing to do. She hadn't cared for the past days, and hadn't even looked at him the last time she'd been there, and Zenon had been questioning Mannik. Why would she start now?

Truthfully, Mannik was feeling much better than he had for a while, just being near her. But, he kept hearing the wracking sob she had let loose on the plane. Maybe if he acted cold towards her, like he had in the start, she would think it was just the drugs. Maybe he could convince himself he didn't care about her, too.

"Gareth." He repeated quietly, his gaze once again focused on something out the window. It was an affirmation, but he wasn't going to go any deeper. A name was just a name. He loved hearing his from her lips, but again, perhaps he could tell himself he didn't care, and it may work after a while.

He was still sullen and quiet, glaring at the magnificent house that came into view. Mannik hadn't been in a high ranking house on Seven before. It was far more lavish than he had imagined. His emerald orbs viewed the engraved doors, and a few decorations as Adelmar led him into a room and tugged something. Idly, Mannik rubbed his wrists. He'd been tugging and fighting them when they snapped shut, and now they were rubbed raw.

He turned as a maid arrived, and stepped closer to Adelmar, glaring at the elderly woman. Traitor. His mind screamed, though he remained silent. This woman should be fighting, should be helping the other people of Below. His eyes followed the handcuff control, and he glanced to Adelmar as if to ask her if she was serious. He could easily remove that from the woman.

If he had intended to speak, he wouldn't have had a chance before a portly man was approaching. He looked rather sick, Mannik thought, eyeing the bloodshot eyes, the bags under them, and how heavily he seemed to walk.

He watched as the man loomed over Adelmar, who was apparently his daughter. The man seemed rather upset he was here. Mannik was tense, not liking this at all.

His fear came true, when the man raised a hand to Adelmar. Mannik was frozen for a moment. Below, children were precious, and Mannik had never even heard of a case of abuse. When he could finally react, Adelmar was moving past him, and the maid was tugging his arm. The soldier jerked away from her without answering, reaching out and lifting a vase. His hands were still pressed together awkwardly, but he lifted the item and smashed it on the table, before striding after Adelmar's father.

He hadn't gone far, and Mannik slipped his arms over his shoulders, pressing a smashed piece of the vase into the man's neck. "Don't you ever put your hands on her again, do you understand? I should leave you dead here...but, I'm feeling generous..." She would probably hate him more if he killed her father, right? "And you can lock me up or have me executed, but I promise you, way before I am dead, you'll be. If you somehow manage to get to me, before I get to you, I've got friends surrounding you that will gladly do as I ask." Mannik's hands pushed the sharp item deeper, satisfied by the drop of blood. "The bruise on her face? You did that, too?" He questioned, eyes narrowing.

Even if she hated him more, she was far too gentle to live under this man, if he would strike her over something so minor. At all, really. Perhaps it would be best if Mannik left his body here. He waited for the answer quietly. Strangely enough, he wasn't upset that this man had referred to him as a 'thing'. He had a ton of anger in him, yes, but it was all aimed at the abuse of Adelmar. That sound would haunt him as much as the girl crying did. The lie hadn't escaped him either. She'd said he was a gift from Zenon, however, that was the furthest from the truth than anything Mannik could have come up with.

Last edited by Kisu; 01-09-2015 at 08:03 PM..

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 01-10-2015, 03:02 AM

"I think any man would have a hard time feeling bad in my situation," he grinned at her, shifting under her and feeling rather surprised by how forward the red-head acted out of sudden. 'Shy' certainly wasn't one word that Zenon would use to describe her at any time, though. "Although there, of course, could be improvements..." he wriggled his hands although something in the gray-blue eyes shifted when Imhoff brought up his engagement. Whatever he'd have said was lost in the kiss, though.

He gave as good as he got, pouring more passion into the kiss than he had intended, but he couldn't help it. She was like fire, running through his veins and clouding his judgement. He wouldn't let up, either, wouldn't let her just end the kiss and followed her lips, sitting up as his hands moved over her stomach and upwards in a caress. Zenon needed to touch her, even if in limited way like this and his escape plan was currently the very last thing on his mind. Well, maybe not the very last, but certainly low on his priority list.

When they finally parted, he was a little short of breath and more than a little captivated by the woman in front of him. Everything she did seemed to only pull him in deeper whatever this was, but in corner of his mind he realized it couldn't be anything good for him in the long run. But when had he ever stepped away from something potentially dangerous? Never. "I think it's time we moved to first name base," he whispered, "I want to know your name, flame." Man's jaw clenched slightly, he couldn't forget this was still business. At least on some level, for her. No matter how sweet the currency was from her side, she was still using him and it irritated Zenon greatly that he couldn't resist it, didn't even wholeheartedly want to. "Bonus I promised: There's pile of rocks three large steps away from southern factory wall, entrance is under the nearest bush. And hint I offer for your name: down there, hold to your right."

Despite getting caught up in making out in her pretty bad, he had still managed to twist his wrists enough to get a bit more space for them. But he still needed one more kiss, one more distraction, to get free. So, Val smirked and leaned closer, eyeing her well-kissed lips. "How about another trade for a kiss? When you come to the first wall in underground, it's a hologram. Just walk through it."

"Slimy, worthless piece of s**t," elderly man hissed and tried to struggle against Mannik's grip, but without much success. Somewhere behind them, woman had screamed, probably housekeeper about the broken vase. It didn't seem like he was going to answer the questions, though, and more cussing spilled over Maksym's lips, followed by slight yelp when the shard cut into his skin. Who knows what it would have ended with if not for the only male servant of the house, despite his rather old age, managing to strike Below soldier from behind with one of the heavier figurines. He had been in one of the rooms nearby and listening in, pieced things together very quickly. It wasn't that he was loyal to Hadars, no, he had no loyalties to anyone, but that included people of Below. He had grown angry and bitter, to the point that he was ready to spy on anyone for just a bit of money and would also hurt anyone, if only he was still capable of being a match to his victims.

When Mannik slumped on floor, Kajetan kicked him in stomach and gave few simple orders. Green eyed man would wake up in a bed placed in simple room. There was a window, table with chair and even a shelf at the opposite wall. The chair was put down by his bed now, though, and Adelmar sat in it. But perhaps before he noticed all of it, he felt something cool circling around his neck. Upon inspecting, it'd turn out to be a collar of sorts that he may recognize as a punishment shock collar. Mar waited until he came fully to his senses, in the lamp light it was visible that her eyes were slightly red as if she had been crying. When, hearing the commotion, she had rushed him, the first thing she had seen was Mannik laying on floor, with small pool of blood forming by his head. For a moment, her whole vision had tunneled in on that, her chest growing heavy with dread. And although current situation was far from ideal, she had been so relieved to hear that he was alive.

"Why did you do it?" Adelmar asked in a quiet voice. "I specifically told you not to interact with my father," at this shadow of smile passed over her lips, "although I suppose this does not count as interacting." She sighed softly then, completely serious again. "I just want to know why. You realize you could have been put to trial and executed, right? All I am trying to do would be for naught." The woman looked at the doors, hoping no one would enter and catch them actually talking like this. To think she had sat by his bedside, just waiting him to come back to his senses!

"I am here because I am supposed to punish you. Father probably allowed me to keep you only so he can torture you more. I had hoped I would get your handcuffs off tomorrow, but I doubt he will let me remove them now and he can shock you for any or no reason at all now..." She shook her head slightly, still unable to comprehend how everything had turned and twisted in barely a day. "I am sorry, I should have never brought you here, this is no better than the cell you were in. I just had hoped to, to make this a little bit easier for you and now..." Adel trailed off.

~ p o p p e t ♥, Queen_Andais, star2000shadow, Eastriel are absolutely amazing ~

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 01-10-2015, 03:35 AM

Sarah was in far too much danger of losing the upper hand. Zenon seemed to ignite as soon as she pressed her lips against his. She felt like the man was surrounding her and dragging her down. His hands seemed to be everywhere, and even when she started to pull back, Zenon sat up, continuing the kiss. For a few minutes, Sarah lost her Commander persona, and enjoyed the taste of the man.

When the kiss was ended, and Imhoff opened her eyes, for once her mask was gone. She blinked, as if wondering why Zenon's lips were gone. When he spoke, however, it seemed to snap her out of the daze. Sarah cleared her throat, and tried to steady her breathing, her eyes flickering back to Zenon's lips. Rather reluctantly, she slipped off the man, no longer straddling him. She crossed her arms over her chest, eyeing the man on the bed. The information seemed to flow freely from him now.

Flame. Little fire. So many pet names came from him, probably more often than Zenon realized. As much as they tickled the woman in her, him bringing up Mannik once again had reminded her of her purpose here. She didn't answer the question, but did lean over him. Her hands shifted, tracing his jawline, before she gave him another kiss. She kept it gentle this time, caressing his lips almost lovingly, and making herself pull away before it got deep. With that information, she should be able to locate Mannik. She just needed to get Zenon home, and find a way to keep him occupied while she looked.

After she pulled away, Sarah kept her face close, her lips brushing over Zenon's as she spoke. "Sarah. It's Sarah Imhoff now. I was Sarah Detroioux." Still keeping her face close. "Before I take you home, what would you want if I wanted a headstart?" She couldn't let her fascination show. She had to keep it focused on business. This was a game to the man. She couldn't let it be any more for her.

~</3~

Mannik's head was throbbing. He groaned, slowly coming to his senses, and lifted a hand, pressing it to his head. There was a small mark perched there, though it had probably been taking care of by a med droid, since it was almost gone. Slowly sitting up, he started to piece together the events, and felt like hurting something. The piece of shit had hit her! His own daughter!

His emerald eyes moved around the room as he inspected himself. His stomach hurt, and a quick glance under the dirty shirt confirmed a bruise, though Mannik wasn't sure how he'd received that. Around his neck was a collar that he had seen on other people of Below. People that had tried to escape. It would drop him to the ground with a push of a button. From the screams he had heard on people it was used on, the feeling was far from pleasant.

The room didn't seem to be a cell. Although is was sparse, it was still obviously in a well to do home. Mannik froze, his sight falling on Adelmar. Maybe it was just from the dim light coming from the nearby lamp, but the porcelain doll's eyes were swollen. Had he made her cry again? Mannik looked puzzled. He hadn't killed her father, from what he could remember. Perhaps she had wanted him dead?

Then she was speaking, her voice like music to Mannik's ears, although what she said made him frown. "I'm not going to be executed?" Well, that didn't make sense. Mannik had expected to be put to death right away. "I know you said not to talk to him. I couldn't just stand there." He answered, to defend his interacting with the male. After a quick thought, he added the words she had used earlier. "It wouldn't have been right." He didn't answer why, and refused to look at her. He wondered briefly why she was there, but it was answered without him asking.

"Will punishing me keep you from getting hit again?" The man questioned shortly. "If so, then lets get to it." Mannik tossed his legs over the side, sitting there and finally looking at Adelmar. His head ached horribly, and he touched his forehead absently. "Don't worry about the handcuffs. Or the collar." Why was he still trying to protect this woman from the evils of the world? She'd made it perfectly clear she didn't want his protection.

Her next words made him freeze, and he stared at her sadly for a long moment. Mannik finally lowered his head, once again using his hair as a shield to cover his face. She was here. Whatever happened to him, Adelmar was at his side right now. He wasn't locked away from the sunlight, and he could at least look at her, even if it was a type of torture for him. He loved this woman. Wait, what? No. Just a crush. Just a crush. "This is better." His voice had gotten rather hoarse once again, but his tone was firm, leaving no room for argument. He felt a strange pressure behind his eyes, and couldn't really place it. The felt watery. "Don't be sorry. This is better." He hesitated for a long moment in silence, and awkwardly added, "Thank you."

Last edited by Kisu; 01-10-2015 at 04:03 AM..

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 01-10-2015, 02:16 PM

He responded to her kiss in slow, exploratory manner, savoring this softer side of their touch. Although optimistic by nature, Zenon wasn't deluding himself in thinking that he would have many chances to see her. In fact, if things went very wrong, this could very well be the last time ever. But, no, he refused thought that he would have to take her life. He'd find a different way, even if she fought back. And seeing her in holo screen wasn't the same as touching her, tasting her. If only he had had at least one chance to run hand through her red hair... It was absurd thought in a way, he had never been particularly attracted to redheads, but then again, she really was exception to everything.

When she told him her name, Zen's eyes lit up like a kid's that had gotten his present early. Although at this moment he wasn't sure why she mentioned two surnames, he still took note of both carefully. "Sarah," he breathed against her mouth and then, with nasty pop, he dislocated his left wrist. Despite the pain that flashed across his face, it took only split second for him to pull his hand free from ties and then other. With twist, he pushed the joint back in place and then his hands were on her, grasping her wrists tight as he swung his still tied feet over the edge of bed. Standing up, he nearly lost his balance, but managed to use the sway to push Commander against wall, leaning into her and rather effectively capturing her between it and his body, still holding her arms. The man moved closer, brushing nose against hers, while his eyes searched for something, Zenon wasn't even sure what exactly, in the icy blue ones.

"I have better idea, Sarah. Why don't we return to Seven together, like two civilized people that we are, no nasty hostage or knife-at-throat business? I will let you go on your little search and rescue mission," there was touch of poison in Zenon's tone now, he still felt angry, disappointed somehow that she would go at all these lengths, to use him like this for sake of that hot headed fool, "while I return home and no one will learn what happened here. Only thing I ask is that you don't kill the two idiots guarding your precious boy. They are..." He paused, as if weighing his words: "friends."

Her gaze that had slipped away from him snapped back to Mannik as soon as he brought up matter of her father hitting her. Adelmar blinked owlishly, her mouth opening slowly as surprise wrote itself across her features. "You..." she tried to compose herself and not sound like a stuttering fool, but wasn't as successful as she would have liked, "can't possibly mean that... That you did it because he hit me?" And still, unless he voiced negative answer, she took his silence and glancing away as a yes.

The girl looked away, tears gathering in her eyes, but she blinked them away furiously. That was the sweetest, kindest, dumbest thing anyone had ever done for her. For her. Even if he didn't think of it so, Adelmar couldn't help but feel like he had wished to protect her in some way and her chest swelled with emotions she couldn't quite name. She turned her gaze back at Mannik and for moment, couldn't decide what to do. There was urge, slightest one, to just reach out and hug him, murmur her thanks quietly, but it would be far too daring and so, she just reached out and grasped his large, rough hand in hers and squeezed. "Thank you."

There was brief silence between them and she cleared her throat, trying to get control over the wave of feelings. "I am grateful, but that was still reckless. You shouldn't have witnessed it in the first place... And if you ever do again, just try to look away. It is... It is a family matter," the words felt like acid on her tongue and her lip quivered just the slightest. God, she was refusing the only help she had ever received regarding this abuse, what was wrong with her? But she couldn't let Mannik risk his life for this. Well, technically, she could. Perhaps it was the least he could do, because her father's rage had only intensified after the kidnapping he had done. Still, it would be waste of all the lies she had spun and the headache she was feeling pulsing in her temples now. Yes, that is why she hated thought of him dying now.

Realizing she was still holding his hand, Adelmar let go and stood up. "I will be going now. I still have to work some things out regarding your stay and then how to fix the new turn of this situation. Ellen will come soon. Try to have some rest tonight... Gareth," the name felt unfamiliar on her tongue, even if she had been the one to come up with it and then she quietly left room, softly closing doors behind her.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 01-10-2015, 02:41 PM

Sarah's blue eyes had flickered shut at the soft touch, and she was starting to lose herself in his taste. Her thoughts were along the same lines as his. She'd never thought she would ever be attracted to this man, of all people. And it could very well be the last time she would get to kiss him. Even if they both got away from this alive, nothing would change. Why hope for the positive if everything was against it?

Zenon whispered her name, and the female shivered in response. Then a loud pop filled the air. The Commander's eyes popped open, and she jerked back, away from Zenon. It was too late, however. There was another crack, and Sarah found herself pressed against the wall. Her chest was still heaving, and she stared at Zenon in open surprise, her mouth slightly parted. She didn't know what was more of a shock, Zenon dislocating his wrist just to attack her, or Sarah falling for it.

Realizing how ridiculous she probably looked, like some wanton school girl wanting far more than Zenon had given her, she snapped her mouth shut, her gaze becoming hard once again, as he leaned forward. She expected a headbutt or something, but instead the Hadar heir...rubbed noses with her? The mask dropped again as Zenon continued, and Imhoff allowed herself to peer at him, partially because she didn't understand why, and partially because she felt it was a trap of some kind. She worked on controlling her breathing. Once it was finally back to normal, and she could look away from his lips for more than five minutes, she finally spoke. "Why would you let me get him? And why should I trust you?" Sarah asked. Before her tone would have held hostility, but now it was just curious.

~</3~

Mannik just let Adelmar talk, sitting quietly on the edge of the bed. When she reached out, and touched his hand, it twitched slightly. He stared at it in amazement, his eyes flickering to her face uncertainly. He wanted to shift his hands and hold her hand, but seeing it on top of his made him remember how different they were. His skin, although there was no sun, was still much darker than hers, and his hands were calloused and scarred. She didn't have a mark on hers.

His look of surprise only deepened when she thanked him. Mannik lifted his head, and stared at her once again without responding. What was there to say? Mannik found out when Adelmar requested the impossible of him.

The soldier shook his head. "Not gonna happen. If he touches you, whether I see it or not, I'll kill him. I don't break my word, and I won't stand by and watch him hit you. That's stupid." He lowered his gaze back to her hand, and dared to lift just his thumb, running it down the side of her hand. Then she was standing and moving away. Mannik made a slight noise, and looked at her as if he was going to ask her to stay. He seemed to think better of it, and lowered his head again. The door closed, and Mannik sat there for a few minutes, staring at the hand she had touched.

What the hell was wrong with him? How long until he could get this through his head? Adelmar didn't care, why should he?

Anger boiled up in him again, and he picked up the vase, flinging it towards the wall, and laying back on the bed as it shattered.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 01-10-2015, 03:10 PM

She had expected attack, that much was clear, and perhaps he should have done it. Really, whatever was that he was doing right now, it was not sane. His father would be ashamed, disappointed, and whatever more words one could come up with to describe utter disgust. But perhaps for that reason alone, he didn't hurt her. Besides, Zenon reveled in the way she couldn't keep her face steely around him, the way her mouth parted in surprise, her chest heaving against his. She was Sarah now, not a Commander, just like he could briefly be Zenon, not Hadar Junior with her. And the way she looked at him, as if trying to understand him...

When she questioned his motive, smart woman that she was, he smirked and placed fleeting kiss on the corner of her mouth. "What happened to believing in my soldier's integrity?" Valmir teased, bringing up Sarah's own words from last night. God, it said something about him that he so clearly remembered every little exchange they have had. "You know I could have killed you or caused your death more than once, so if I have not already, why would I put your life in danger now?" he deflected her first question smoothly, without revealing his reasons. She had too much leverage over him already, no need to give more. Besides, his attraction was already written clearly across him, from his dilated pupils to the way he couldn't stop touching her.

"And as for your precious soldier... If you want him so badly you can have him. I have a feeling you might not like so much who you get in the end. It is really strange, disappointing even, how the people we think we know completely have crevices inaccessible to anyone, often hidden to themselves, too, and then something, something reveals an absolutely new side to them..." Zenon bit his tongue then, feeling like the conversation had turned from discussing terms of their deal to something much more private. Besides, I sense you don't plan to give up until you get him back, so I trade him for my friends' lives."

"So, do we have a deal?" he asked, barely resisting urge to let her go already to touch the red curls, but he couldn't before she agreed. His legs were still bound which gave him major disadvantage.

Last edited by sadrain; 01-10-2015 at 03:13 PM..

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 01-10-2015, 03:37 PM

As if by instinct, Sarah turned her head as Zenon leaned in, meeting him for a brief kiss. She looked shocked she had done so, and immediately stiffened. The words coming from the male were completely confusing to her. They didn't answer her questions at all. "If you don't answer my questions, I'll stop answering any more of yours." Imhoff stated irritably. She glanced around, and her hands flexed as she looked for a way out.

There wasn't one. Or perhaps Sarah didn't want to look too hard. She debated kicking him: With his legs tied his balance couldn't be too good, however, if he was serious about returning together, what would be the point? If he wasn't serious, about letting her get Mannik back, it could mean just Mannik's life, and not just hers.

She lifted her head, staring at Zenon. She wanted to trust him. Wanted to so badly. But, Mannik was relying on her. "You'll come with me. To get him. Once I have him back, we will leave, and you can continue with your life as if none of this ever happened. That way you can't try and move locations, or secure yourself before I have him. Agreed?"

Zenon's words frightened her, mainly because Sarah didn't understand what he was talking about. Mannik had changed? What had they done to him? She grew angry, and glared at the male. She raised her leg, hooking it around one of Zenon's and pulled his knee towards her, making him buckle. With a simple lean, the man was sprawled back on the bed once more, with Sarah straddling him again. "What did you do?" She demanded icily. "I raised that boy! If you've hurt him..."

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 01-10-2015, 04:09 PM

He was absolutely amazed with how in sync they could be, his thoughts turning towards where else that could turn out to be a wonderful thing, but Zenon reminded himself to focus. Sarah also reflected anything he gave her like a mirror, letting him annoy her just so easily. Shifting the way he held her wrists, he pinned them with his right above her head with firm grasp, so she couldn't try to pull her fists upwards and hit him in the face with them. Keeping them up there still was much easier.

The man contemplated her suggestion and then nodded. "Agreed." Perhaps that way they could avoid casualties and in a way, he looked forward to spending more time with her. It was ridiculous, but true. He so wasn't excited about seeing Sarah and Mannik reuniting. For some reason, he just couldn't get the thought of them being together out of his head. To fight this way for someone's presence in your life... Either he was the most brilliant soldier or there were romantic feelings between them. He doubted his father would fight so hard against hopeless situation to get him back, although they were bound by real blood.

And then suddenly, she was all lit up with anger and he couldn't keep on his feet, and after a moment of failed struggling to keep control of situation, he was back on the bed with Commander on top of him. He didn't seem all that bothered, though, pulling her closer by her waist, then hooking his arms under hers, pinning her down and giving him access to toy with her hair, while his left hand (still hurting, dammit) slowly caressed the space between her shoulder blades. Of course she could still kick him (especially where it hurts) and punch his arms, maybe even manage to hit his face.

"Quite the opposite of hurting him, actually. When I took him on my ship, there was large stab wound in his side that I had my medic treat. Judging by fact he had patched himself up already, there is no way it could be inflicted by my soldiers, if that is what you're wondering, flame," Zenon told her, eyes still cool as always when he mentioned Mannik. "I merely meant that what he had done - and who he had been with - might have changed him after all. He gave me quite cryptic speech regarding Adelmar and turned feral like a beast that had lost hope after he saw her last, you see." Now that she was going to get him back, there was no point in hiding any of this.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 01-10-2015, 04:21 PM

Glad the male had agreed, and fairly certain he wouldn't hurt her, yet, at least, Sarah didn't struggle as he pinned her arms. She was rather surprised, but pleased, to feel his hand in her hair. It was yet another touch she hadn't had in a long time. Her head tilted back, leaning into Zenon's hand, and goosebumps broke over her arms as he rubbed her back.

She didn't respond for a long time though, seeming to go into a trance. Merrik liked Adelmar? It had been what she had hoped for, although if the girl didn't return his feelings, none of her plan would matter. She felt a stab of pity and panic. What had she done? Poor Mannik...She felt rather sorry, if he had gone feral. The boy was lethal. She should know, she trained him to be that way.

For a moment, she reflected back. He had observed enough emotions to learn the various ones, however, when it can to emotions, Sarah had always let him be. He had grown up having to learn what he was feeling, and how to handle it himself. She knew for a fact he wasn't a virgin, since he'd bragged for two weeks, however, she didn't know if he had actually felt any feelings for a female before. Clearly, he had no clue what to do. And if the feelings weren't reciprocated, and he was in unfamiliar surroundings. Yes, she could see him becoming, as Zenon had stated, feral.

"And Wislawa..." Sarah questioned slowly, wishing to confirm her suspicions. "Your fiance? She feels nothing for him, I assume? This last meeting, did she say anything to him?"

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 01-10-2015, 05:31 PM

Although his lips were still smiling, Zenon didn't manage to keep the careless expression in his eyes when she brought up Adelmar up. He thought, he wanted to believe that his fiancee felt nothing for the soldier, but there were were shadow of doubts lurking around his mind. It stung, because he had grown to believe that Mar was actually incapable of falling in for someone or very close to it. She was just so... Her. Cool, calm, distant and collected. Doll like, really. And dolls didn't love, even mechanically alive ones. They could loyal to their masters, but feel true affection for someone? Not that she was really doll, but if someone could come close to being one then it was her. Although that didn't mean she should be underestimated, her calculating mind and observance was quite something.

Besides, he was highly skeptical about the concept of love in general. Perhaps it was because he had been burned once, severely. He had thought he was in love and loved, too, to the point he was ready to cancel his engagement, when he was still hot-headed youth. She was few years older than him, his very first woman. She had gorgeous and made him feel special, important. Then he found out that she was more than just smart and beautiful, she was cunning like a fox, too. All she had wanted was his family name and turned out his first passion against him, wrapped him around her satin-clad little finger with ease. Somehow, it didn't even hurt that much when he sneered his good byes to her, cleverly shaming her in front of whole room and making her laughingstock of the year, so Zenon guessed that there was no such thing as love - if that hadn't been it, then nothing could be.

But company of women were still thoroughly enjoyable, especially if it was someone so brilliant like Commander. "I am sorry, but that is somehow I do not plan to reveal now. You can ask your precious boy yourself when you get him back," he told her. "Besides, it's a pet peeve of mine if beautiful woman is sharing a bed with me and thinking of another man, I can't help but want to erase every thought of him out of her mind..." Zenon shifted so he had access to column of her neck, peppering kisses there before marking her with a love bite. It satisfied something instinctive in him to know that even long after they will have parted, her skin will wear reminder of him. Honestly, he would be willing to pay Time or whatever to prolong this moment, but Sarah would probably want to head to Seven soon, to take her stupid boy back. His hands continued to thread through her hair, then massage base of her head while the other was sliding down her back.

Last edited by sadrain; 01-10-2015 at 05:34 PM..

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 01-10-2015, 05:44 PM

His smile changed in such a slight manner, barely reaching his eyes, and Sarah felt triumphant. If there was something between the two...

Thoughts left the Commander as Zenon kissed her again, then she hissed between her teeth at the nip. She squirmed, and glared at the male. "Games are over, Mister Hadar." She stated stiffly, sliding down his body and out of his constraining arms. "If I have all these questions for him, I'd better get him before anyone does any more damage. I'll be keeping your items until I get Mannik back."

"And if you think I was thinking of Mannik when I was kissing you, you are dead wrong." She stated stiffly, at his comment. She moved into the next room, still able to be seen. Zenon's items were lifted from the table, and placed into her pockets, before she sat down, tugging her boots on. "I raised him after he was taken. Told him his parents were dead, and raised him up. You were right when I spoke to you earlier. I care for him. Like a mother." Sarah wasn't sure why she was saying all of this, but Zenon kept insinuating there was something between her and Mannik. It irritated her, and for some odd reason, Sarah wanted him to know this wasn't the case.

Once her boots were on, she moved back to the bed, cutting Zenon's feet free easily. She turned away, and tossed her spare mask to him. "If I can be frank, Mister Hadar...why do you get upset at the thought they might have something?" She motioned to the bed. "Even before any of this, it's rather common knowledge you aren't faithful, despite being engaged to her. Why couldn't she have her own slice of happiness?"

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 01-10-2015, 06:41 PM

He sat up and pouted, looking after her. Sure enough she thought that fool was more important than spending time with him. It's not like Mannik could go anywhere, few hours here or there shouldn't matter... No woman had ever refused his advances this bluntly, especially if he put his mind into it. In truth, none had refused him at all! She was infuriating! It couldn't be that he was getting rusty, could it?

"I can't even check who tried to call me so desperately earlier?" he whined slightly, working to free his legs in the mean time. When Sarah turned to come over and cut the ties, they met in the middle of the room as Zenon stared down at the woman, grasping her chin slightly and tilting her head up so he could stare directly in her eyes, while a kind of darkened mix of anger with slightest addition of pain swirled in his blue-gray. "You did think of him, if only because you thought this would get you closer to finding him, no matter of your bond. Or do you admit that at least part of you kissed me because you wanted it, Sarah?" his thumb brushed over her lips in gentle manner. What he wouldn't give for that admission.

In truth, Zenon wasn't even sure why he wanted to hear this was more than a deal and game, especially since he wasn't willing to put his neck out and admit it first. But he wanted Sarah voice this, as if it would give him some sort of rope to hold on, put down some boundaries that wouldn't let this, whatever this was, be blown away by winds of change that would surely start to blow even harsher soon.

At her question, the man snarled. For briefest moment, his grip tightened becoming slightest bit of painful before he released her chin and he took a step back. "Slice of happiness!? And you think your precious wonder boy can give it to her? Even now, her life is not rosy in that backwater house with that..." he barely had senses to refrain from cussing in front of woman," that thing she calls father. What can your Mannik give her besides broken heart when he is killed prematurely in some freedom battle? Tell me, if you found out that her family is poorest in Seven right now, that she would have hard time providing any supplies for your cause, would you still want for your clever, little plan to work?"

Valmir drew a deep breath before continuing: "I might not love her, but I do care for her and I don't wish to see her unhappy. She could very well lose the last thing she has, lose her life, if they had something and it was discovered. Do you even know what is already pouring over her head already in Above because of this kidnapping machination? She's center of every dirty rumor there is, including the affair one. Would his so called love save her from all that shame, danger and suffering?"

He huffed and grabbed the spare mask, put it on with frustrated moves. In truth, Zenon felt like he had vented more than just about Adelmar, but about the invisible wall standing between him and Commander as well. Although he - he could protect her, support her, give her everything she desired, even stars from the sky, practically literally. "Shall we, Commander?" he looked at her with slight bow, voice again restrained, but eyes still simmering.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 01-10-2015, 06:55 PM

"No you can-" Sarah was cut off as she was face to face with Zenon. She felt rather strange as he lifted her head up, and she felt his thumb run over her lips. As soon as it was gone, her tongue swiped over the area. Attempting to keep her voice calm and even, without letting any of her true thoughts out. "Oh? Because you are oh-so invested in a relationship with me, then? I said enough games, Mister Hadar..." She stepped back, and looked away from the male, pretending to straighten her gloves. In reality, if she had stayed Above, it wasn't likely she would be in Adelmar's position, engaged to this man. But, it was a possibility.

He was on her again, and his grin on her chin tightened, hurting far more than Sarah would admit. Her eyes narrowed as he spoke, "No. I wouldn't. If I had know she was poor, I would have come for you, war be damned." Her voice had turned cold, without any of the warmth or teasing it had held earlier. Perhaps she had been right about the man. "But, if he does have feelings for her, well...you said it yourself, you don't love her. Why can you sleep around, but she cannot? I wasn't saying condone a marriage between the two. All I wanted to know is why you hold such a double standard. It doesn't seem right, now does it, for you to be kissing the enemy while she's waiting for you."

But, she could remember life there, and how cruel it was to women. His outburst, and the cold way he asked to leave, reminded Sarah of her purpose, and she glared at him. She was angry now, though it was mostly at herself. She had told herself not to let Zenon get into her head, however, it would seem she had failed. His outburst had actually stung.

Refusing to acknowledge those feelings, she strapped her own mask on, tugging out a cap and stuffing her hair into it, then leading the way from the small apartment building. It didn't matter to her that he would be able to see the entrance, since it was evacuated anyway.

She was silent, and was sure the tension and anger could be felt in the air on the way to the ship. Once there, she slid back the cover of Mannik's ship, and slid into the driver's seat, waiting for Zenon to move to the seat behind her. She held a strip of cloth out. "Blindfold yourself." She commanded, before facing forward, glaring an nothing in particular. This was it. No more kisses, no more touching, no more Zenon. It was nothing. And it never could be anything.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 01-10-2015, 08:43 PM

"If she wanted to be with other men and it wouldn't backfire with society's scorn, she could do it and I wouldn't even comment as her heart is as free as mine, but if she does end up feeling for him, it will only end in pain for her! I don't think that pushing two people together to use their possible feelings for your cause and then disregard them when it doesn't suit you anymore is particularly noble, either," Zenon spat. It wasn't completely true, if he was honest with himself. He wouldn't like to know that she had taken a companion, perhaps for the sole reason he wouldn't be able to piece together the cool, staring-through-you Adelmar with a woman who sought the physical pleasures with a man she felt little to nothing for, as he did with the woman he bedded. But he hated, and with great passion, the implications that Adel had feelings for him that he hurt with his lifestyle.

But with that the conversation was over and he followed Commander, obviously brooding. Women! They had to make something simple and fun into discussion about feelings, ruining everything. Alright, nothing between the two of them were simple and that what he had liked about it, but Zenon had no idea how to deal with upset woman and currently didn't even want to, anger coursing through his veins, muddling his brains. Normally, he simply exited, slamming doors and if it was someone he wanted to see another time, sent her flowers with a gift and note along the lines of "for my gorgeous [name here]". It always did the trick and the doors he had slammed opened widely. He had never had to apologize for things said in moment of anger or hurt he had caused to a woman, aside from Adelmar, but that was a different story and those had always been quite half-hearted words.

When they came to Mannik's ship (which only had place in scrapyard) and she handed him the blindfold, Zenon's anger swam up to surface again. "Seriously?" he growled, but then snatched the strip of cloth out of her hand and tied it over his eyes. The sooner this was over, the better. And perhaps the most infuriating thing in all of this was that he still wanted her, wanted to turn that fire of anger in very different kind of passion. But no, he wouldn't lower himself to practically beggars position when she had quite clearly stated she didn't want him after all. And the way she was viewing this possible situation between Adelmar and Mannik, it reminded him of another woman he had thought important in his life. Pawns - everyone became chess pieces in hands of a cunning woman. No, he refused such fate! Good thing that he had seen her true nature before he got pulled in too deep. Now, a bit of distance would put his passion to rest.

Zenon wouldn't say a word until they reached Seven and he was told he can take the blindfold off. Glancing around, he measured how far they were from the entrance to sewers where he kept Mannik. It would be a bit of walk, but nothing that they couldn't sneak unnoticed. "This way," he told her stiffly, moving ahead.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 01-11-2015, 12:24 AM

The Commander didn't let Zenon take the blindfold off until they were far from the ship and the hidden entrance. It was the same when Zenon spoke. The Commander glanced at him like he was nothing but a map, her face completely blank. She was growing angrier with each step. She was such a fool, and Zenon was more of one. It was like he expected her to be happy with everything he decided. Ugh.

Get Mannik, and then you can put all of this behind you... It was like a mantra Sarah kept repeating to herself. Just get through this.

Zenon led the way slowly, and the Commander stayed just as silent. It was nothing, they were nothing, Zenon was nothing. It wasn't until they were inside yet another building, and they rounded a corner. Zenon looked completely puzzled, and had told her there were supposed to be guards outside of the door. Sarah moved to the door, jerking it open. It had been left unlocked. Inside the room was nothing. No Mannik, and no evidence he had been there.

Sarah peered around the room, and slowly turned to face Zenon, giving him a look that clearly let Zenon know she thought he had lied to her. "Yeah, so much for Hadar integrity, right?" She snarled, shaking her head.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 01-11-2015, 12:50 AM

Zenon's anger towards the whole situation and Imhoff in particular slowly shifted as they descended into sewers. He didn't demand her to put the blind fold on because they'd never be using this bit again, the man had already decided where they'd move to if need arose. He just wanted this over with. Still, something was unsettling about the way things were going down here. Once they got close enough he told her to stay few steps behind in one of those no arguing tones. But then he stopped suddenly when he came across two empty chairs by doors.

"Guys?" he called out, passing by the entrance to cell, "guys? I am not in mood for your idiotic pranks!" Valmir spun to his heel when the woman snarled at him, but his expression was that of pure confusion. "You might not hold my word for much, but I swear I have no idea what in bloody hell is going on here!" Hadar Junior could feel headache starting up again and ran a hand through his hair, staring at the empty cell. "I wouldn't have come all this way down here if I didn't think he'd be here! It obviously doesn't make any sense," he told her, frustrated. If he had thought she was angry before, now she looked out for blood. Although he wasn't afraid, he felt absolutely pissed off, blindsided by his own people like this.

Zenon extended his hand in his typically demanding manner: "Give me my pad, I will call the guys that guarded him. Maybe they had to do emergency move and couldn't inform me since I've been out of touch for what, 12 hours now? You can listen and everything." The last part was added through gritted teeth and was as close he could come to peace offering for current situation. As if on cue, his pad rang again in Commander's pocket.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 01-11-2015, 01:00 AM

Sarah Imhoff scowled, clearly think Zenon was putting on a show. The man though her a fool. Still, what choice did she have? Zenon was her only way to find Mannik. She dug into her pocket, and shoved the SociPad and the male, before stepping a few feet away.

She tugged her cap off, startled to see how badly her hands were shaking. Was there anyway Zenon could have gotten a call out? She was sure he couldn't. Sarah was far beyond worried. Even if she shoved her feelings to the side, so many of her plans rested on Mannik's shoulders. Her hair had spilled out again, and she ran her hands through it. It calmed her slightly. Her short frame leaned against the wall, turned and staring at Zenon as he spoke on the phone. All of her carefully laid plans were falling apart.

Not to mention, now it was mixed with whatever the hell she was feeling for the stupid reckless soldier boy from Above. She didn't want anything to do with him, and wanted everything to do with him at the same time. She was beyond confused.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 01-11-2015, 01:23 AM

He didn't actually think she will hand him the device, but didn't let the surprise to show. His composure was already slipping far too much. Zenon grabbed it and sat heavily down on one of the chairs, swiping 'Answer' before his hand went to rub his temples. Adelmar's face filled the screen and she looked ready for... Well, the man wasn't sure what, but the first word that came to his mind was 'war'. Just something in the way she held her head and the steely expression in her eyes spoke volumes. Still, he was too tired and angry to deal with this right now.

"Adelmar, now really is not the time," he told her, frustration seeping through in his tone, but it didn't seem to have any effect on dark haired woman. "Then you will make it for me after ignoring me for this whole day," she stated and gave him one of those stares that hit through all of his walls. "Fine, fine, what is it?" Zenon gestured, hoping she wouldn't start a long scolding session about irresponsibility while Imhoff was listening it. He stole the glance at the red-haired woman and among the still burning fire of anger, he felt cooling grasp of... Of he wasn't sure what, maybe worry? She looked exhausted.

"I removed Mr. Mannik from his jail cell this morning, he is to stay with me. I will explain in greater details when you finally find time in your busy schedule to actually be home where you're supposedly be. I am quite sure your father is very close to breaking down the door and finding out you've yet again disobeyed him." With curt nod, she ended the call. Zenon stared at the screen with blank expression for a moment, before leaning back against the wall, head thrown back and laughter bubbling in his chest, then bursting out.

He laughed for a short while and then pulled himself together, leaning forward to rest elbow on his knee and prop chin on his fist, staring at Imhoff. "I suppose we both have been outplayed by her. Maybe your little plan will bear fruits yet... I wonder, will he be so eager to return with you now?" There wasn't even mockery in his tone, just genuine curiosity and slight wonder. He honestly hadn't expected that from Adelmar.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 01-11-2015, 01:32 AM

As Adelmar's voice filled the hallway, Sarah continued to rub her head. When the woman stated she had Mannik, however, she jerked up, stepping to the SociPad. Before she could speak Adelmar was gone, and the Commander was grinning. She rubbed her gloved hands together, and stuffed her hair back into her cap. To be honest, she almost felt like laughing with Zenon.

Honestly, she should probably apologize for automatically assuming Zenon had anything to do with Mannik disappearing. But, after his outburst, she had remembered why they were even together. She wouldn't apologize to someone trying to use kisses to get inside her head.

Once he spoke, however, Sarah became pensive. "It won't matter." She stated finally. "If she really is as poor as you say, she can't help us. So I have no reason to want the two of them together. Plus, if she has no feelings for him, as you say, then what reason will he have to stay? All Mannik has is this fight between Above and Below. He's a soldier, first and foremost, regardless of his immature side. If Adelmar doesn't care about him, he might see it as a challenge, a new fight, but at the end of the day, if his commanding officer issues an order, Mannik will obey, and if he felt like the fight for her would hurt her, well...he wouldn't stay then, either." He wouldn't if she was in that position, so no matter his feelings concerning Adelmar, Sarah was very sure of this. Sarah felt much less tense now, and stretched her back. "Let's go get him. Call her back while we are walking. Tell her to meet us someplace safe with him." She hesitated, and added, "Please." Rather curtly.

Last edited by Kisu; 01-11-2015 at 08:16 AM..

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 01-11-2015, 02:37 PM

"Hmm," Zenon gave noncommittal hum, not moving from his position or seemingly intending to. They did have agreement that he would go with Imhoff to get her precious wonder boy, but they hadn't specified that he would have to do so if something changed in the situation. He had brought her here, Hadar heir felt he could insist that his part of the bargain was done. But then she said please and the man muttered something about demanding women and stood up. "Fine. He is becoming more trouble than he was ever worth anyway besides I am rather curious to see how this will end." Despite Commander's confidence Mannik would run to her as soon as she whistled, he wasn't so sure. Even if he did, there could be an interesting exchange before that and oh how he would love to throw it in her face, about being careful what you wish for.

Laughing had vented a good deal of tension and anger from the male and he felt more like himself again. Not that anger was unfamiliar state for Zenon to be in, but he usually vented it quite fast, physically or verbally, sometimes both. Before starting to walk back to the surface, he ran hand through his hair again in half hearted attempt to smooth it down, but with little success. Adelmar would have something to say about his messy look for sure. And his mother would-- Oh, his fiancee's words came back to Valmir, reminding him about his father anger and the man grimaced. Still, he traced his fingers over screen and called Adelmar. It took a bit for her to respond and when her face appeared, she looked ready for battle, but slightly weary. "Zenon, I told you I'd explain more in person," she said with slightest frown.

"Ah, that you did. That is why I would like for you and your rescue to come and meet me in person. Somewhere safe, of course," he gave her a smile. Immediately, the woman stiffened. "Absolutely not. I will - wait, is someone with you?" she had caught glimpse of something, maybe bit of cap or shoulder right on the edge of camera's view. "Indeed, you see, someone is very eager to have him back, so she came to me and we worked out a bit of deal," Zenon's smile grew wider as he shifted pad so Imhoff came clear in focus. "Dame commander?" Adelmar said with tint of disbelief in her voice. "What kind of deal?" her attention was immediately back on male, her tone with distrust and slightest confusion. "Now, that is between me and her," was his reply.

Adelmar felt conflicted. This was Mannik's chance to return home and yet... Yet she wasn't entirely sure she wanted him to. The rugged state both 'deal makers' were in - was there mark on Commander's neck or her eyes were deceiving her? - also gave her a pretty good idea what the deal might be and she felt a kind of anger swell in her. Zenon would snarl and interrogate Mannik, but bed the person that had ordered her kidnapping? And how could she-- "I see, this is why you've been too busy to answer then," she said coldly. "I cannot promise I can get him out today, there have been complications. But while I try to arrange it and think of safe place to meet, I will let her talk with him via call." With that, she ended the call abruptly and Valmir sighed, half theatrically, half very honestly. He wasn't going to live this one down, was he.

Mar stared at the dimming screen of social pad before standing up. She paced around the room few times before grabbing it and walking towards worker quarters. In this time, Ellen who turned out to be housekeeper, had brought Mannik food and drink, practically pushed him into bathroom where she had made him hot, nice bath ("if you don't get in there, I will go and scrub you myself!") and given him fresh clothes that were not perfect fit, but good enough. Elderly lady had also constantly chattered, telling the man that she had a daughter and granddaughter ("very pretty, very sweet!") for whom they were looking a good husband from Below, since the 'poor girl' was disillusioned and think she could marry one of the lesser nobles. Her daughter's husband, that poor, silly man, had died long ago when trying to escape to Below so the two women had raised Anne - the granddaughter - on their own. She had also commented on his assault to Master, as a brave, but hopeless move.

Adel knocked on Mannik's door and waited for answer before answering, feeling more and more exhausted and kind of... frozen. All that she had done and risked had been for nothing, Imhoff had, of course, came for him as, in all honesty, Adel had guessed she would. She should have left all as it was, then Mannik wouldn't have gotten hit and kicked here, wouldn't have a shock collar around his neck that she would have to try and get a key for from her father's desk. 'This is why you should let things be as they are,' she thought bitterly, waiting to be let in the room. Last thing she wanted was to stumble upon the man half naked.

When she entered and could speak with him, she resisted urge to shift uncomfortably. "Your commander, she has come for you. I need to go and try to arrange few things so I can get the shock collar off and get you out of the house without anyone noticing, but you can talk with her in the mean time," Adel told Mannik, placing the pad on table and avoiding to look at him for much more than few fleeting moments.

Meanwhile, Zenon had led Sarah up to surface, but instead of heading towards the street he beckoned her deeper in the yard. "There's a good spot where we can wait for call," he told her as explanation, but didn't really wait for her to approve of his choice. The spot he was talking about was a large rock, warmed up in the sun even through the dome. He wasn't sure how it had gotten here, was it part of the crumbling factory or one of its sub products, but it was here and he had always liked it. There were crack in the asphalt, few grass strands reaching out. Valmir sat down on the rock, large enough for more than one person and handed the pad to Imhoff with simple 'here', then reached his arms behind him and turned head up towards the sky, enjoying warmth on his face.

~ p o p p e t ♥, Queen_Andais, star2000shadow, Eastriel are absolutely amazing ~

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 01-12-2015, 12:27 AM

Imhoff couldn't help but grin broadly when Zenon agreed to help her. "Thank you...." She added hesitatingly, "For, uhm...helping me further." The grin stayed on her face for most of the call as well, until Adelmar's voice turned cold and her eyes turned accusing. She saw a fire in the woman she hadn't seen before. "N-no, I assure you Miss Adelmar, thereis nothing bet-" The call ended.

Imhoff glanced back at Zenon, before giving his back a gentle pat. "I'll make sure to let her know there's no feelings between us..." Sarah's eyes flicked away before returning. She stated, her eyes flashing for a moment. She wanted there to be something, however, she'd leave that out when speaking to the female.

She had no choice but to follow as Zenon moved away, and frankly, Sarah wanted to enjoy this last little bit of time with him. She wouldn't see him after this, unless it was on a hologram. Even then, it would only be as enemies discussing terms in a war. As the SociPad was handed to her, she accepted it, before mimicking Zenon, stretching out next to him. "Are you sure it's safe here?" She questioned, turning her head to peer at Zenon.

He was oddly handsome, especially when the sunlight hit him. What would he do, if she dared to kiss him? Sarah was up, and leaning over him before she could help herself. She hesitated, staring down at him, before her eyes flickered past his head. She lifted a hand and flicked something away. "There...there was a bug...next to you." Sarah stated lamely, using it as he excuse.

~</3~

The housekeeper had entered Mannik's room, and he found her bubby, talkative demeanor rather annoying after Adelmar and her clever silence. She hovered over him, and Mannik finally ate so she would get off his back. He was, however, very excited about the bath. The didn't have that luxury Below.

He stripped without any complaint, not even waiting for the female to leave the room. He sank into the bathtub, grinning, and able to forget Adelmar for the first time. He did, however, give the bubbly a sideways glance when she mentioned marriage. Maybe a nice girl could make him forget her. "What are their ages and names?" Mannik finally questioned curiously, before shrugging. "It's not right...he shouldn't have hit her..."

Mannik washed himself free of dirt, surprised when he stepped out of the tub and the water was a murky brown. No wonder Adelmar thought so badly of him, covered in all of that grime. His hair felt nicer too. Mannik toweled off after Ellen handed it over, wondering at the fluffy soft cloth, and tugged on the clothing. It was much nicer than they had below, and it was just servant's garb. As he did this he listened to the female's answer. Maybe when he returned...if he returned, he'd look the girls up. It couldn't hurt, right?

He was back in the bedroom, and rubbing his unruly hair with the towel like Ellen had shown him, when there was a knock on the door. He knew it was her. He doubted her father or any of the servants would wait patiently. Mannik glanced down, and tucked the shirt in. That's how it was worn here, correct? Once this was done he moved to the door and opened it, glancing at Adelmar. He didn't say anything to her, but moved back to the bed, rubbing his head again.

"Commander?" Mannik tossed the towel back, and stared at Adelmar. The woman wasn't looking at him, and Mannik felt a rush of anger. He looked nicer than he ever had. A part of him had hoped she would see that. Once the majority of his scars were covered, and he had on some decent clothing, with his bright eyes and mop of hair, he had peered at himself in the mirror. He didn't think he looked too bad now. He had hoped she would have seen that...but again, it was stupid to think like that.

His thoughts moved to the woman who had raised him. "She came here?" It didn't seem likely, that Sarah would come after him. To be honest, Mannik hadn't even considered it. How could he leave now? What if Adelmar's father hit her again? He wasn't worried about the collar. It would hurt. But, maybe if he caught the man by surprise, he'd be able to kill him without being brought to his knees. He watched her placing the pad on the nightstand, and stared at it as if it was a foreign object.

Staying wasn't an option. Adelmar felt nothing for him, and he was just bad for her, and her entire life. But, leaving her under the care of her father wasn't an option either. Zenon had to know. How could he not? And he wasn't doing anything about it. When Sarah came, he would find a way to kill the man, and leave his dead body as his last present to her.

Mannik didn't say any of this, and reached out, gently lifting the item, and sitting on the bed. He glanced at Adelmar, almost as if he didn't think this would work, and dialed the Commander's number. There was no answer, and it was most likely dead. Mannik scowled, and tossed the Pad unto the bed next to him. "No answer." He stated the obvious. "What makes you think she's here? I told you she wasn't coming."

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 01-12-2015, 05:21 AM

Something changed in his expression, for moment it seemed as if he wanted to object, correct Imhoff about her statement. But why would he make himself even more vulnerable before her than he already had? Honestly, Hadar heir found that he had made a fool out of himself enough in front of this woman. So, he decided to go for more neutral response. "Ah, she is not glaring at me for reason you might think, believe me," Zenon waved it off rather casually.

On the rock, the man sighed in contentment and turned his head sideways to look at Sarah. "Yes, this is one of my get-away spots, no one finds me here unless I want them to. You see, people here can be rather superstitious and if you spread a bit of tale that this factory and surrounding area is haunted due to horrible accident that was the reason for shutting it down... Even my few friends that know of the sewer bit don't know of this," he patted stone with wide, cheerful grin like a brat that had managed to pull a good prank on his best friend, "place. Too nervous to go exploring."

When she leaned closer, his grin shifted into a smile, however, and not even one of those haughty ones, but quite genuine. It didn't falter even when she decided to chase away the 'bug'. Instead, Zenon moved closer, his eyes focusing on her icy blue ones. "I suppose I should thank you then, for saving me from such... danger," his gaze shifted down to her lips now before he closed the final distance between them, giving her a surprisingly sweet kiss.

He didn't catch her looking at him, at least that much. Honestly, Adelmar had to restrain herself so she wouldn't stare at first. He really had cleaned up nicely and in a way, it made her even more sad that he would have to return down there, where even simple bath was luxury that they couldn't afford - the water was simply too precious to be wasted like that. Before her 'trip', she hadn't been able to imagine it was quite that bad. She wasn't used to too fanciful life style and it had seemed brutal and crude to her.

"Yes, she..." Adel paused, looking for the right words and watched as Mannik fruitlessly tried to call his commander's number. After short hesitation, she sat down on the bed and took the soci pad, her fingers playing with its edges in absent minded manner. "Your commander, she is not using her pad," she said, looking at the soldier sideways. "I am not entirely sure how this situation came to be, but you can contact her via Zenon's number. It's in the contacts." Her tone hinted at slight resentment as if she had pretty good idea how everything had turned out to be.

"I should go now," she finally added, but did not move yet. It was like there was a ball of words, lodged in her throat and she couldn't swallow them or get them out, this tangled mess where every sentence seemed too empty or too private. Finally, Mar turned to look at Mannik straight on, pushing strand of hair behind her ear in subconscious move to try and show him that she was being honest, revealing her face to him. "Thank you again. For... for today and also back Below, that you hid me from your own people, if only because of your commander's orders. You were right, I did learn some things from my time there, from you. I can't just sit around and wait for something to happen or change, I have to make sure it does." She opened her mouth as if to continue, but then decided against it.

"I will let you two talk, I need to try and find key for the collar," the last word sounded bitter on her tongue and she moved to stand. "I am sorry for that." If he would not stop her somehow, she'd most likely leave now to let him call Commander - well, Zenon. If Mannik was to open her contact list, he would find it dreadfully empty. There were few that indicated at her family - 'Home, Father, Mother, Brother' and 'Zenon V. Hadar' as well as few others listed under 'Social Calls', but that was all.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 01-12-2015, 05:58 AM

Sarah's eyes widened for a moment when Zenon closed the distance. But, when would she see him next? Whether he was trying to get into her head or not, right now, she didn't care. He'd already succeeded. She let her torso rest again, returning his kiss with every last fiber of her being.

He was so sweet and gentle. It felt so nice, to be wanted, even if it was only so he could try and use it later. Sarah eagerly deepened the kiss, letting her hands roam through Zenon's hair slowly.

~</3~

Mannik glanced at Adelmar in confusion. Commander Imhoff was with Adelmar's finace? And from the tone of her voice, it was almost like Adelmar resented that. "Erm...don't worry. There's as much likelihood of her bedding your fiance as there is you bedding me." He attempted to make her feel better, and glanced back at the pad.

She stated she was going, and Mannik hesitated to watch her leave, like he'd been so accustomed to doing. Instead, though, she looked nervous, before staring at him and speaking. Mannik listened quietly, his expression rather sad. "You...you don't need to thank me..." He finally answered, lowering his head to stare at the floor. Almost a whisper, he added, "You know why I did it. And you know it wasn't because of orders. I'm sure you'll do whatever you can..."

He wanted to stop her, and gather her into his arms. He'd wondered what was so bad about her life here. Now he knew. She was lonely, abused, and marrying a man who cared nothing for her. She had no control. It was one of the reasons people who were taken strived to get back Below.

Mannik didn't move to stop her, though. He wouldn't touch her, no matter how badly he wanted to. The last time he had, she'd ended up crying because of him. He wouldn't put her through that again. Instead he lifted the pad, finding Zenon's number. He read it a few times, trying to remember it for future reference, and dialed it.

Commander Imhoff jerked away from Zenon as the SociPad rang. She gave him a long look, before letting out a slight sigh, and grabbing the item, answering it. Mannik's face filled the screen. "Commander..." He greeted stiffly.

"Mannik." Sarah grinned at the image of the man she'd raised. "You've had a bath." Her tone held some surprise. Mannik looked confused for a moment.

"Yes...Ad-Miss Wislawa said you with Zenon...are you alright?"

Although it couldn't be seen on the screen, Sarah shifted uncomfortably on the rock, before nodding. "Yes. He is helping me get you out." Mannik looked like he didn't believe her, searching her face for a sign of duress.

The mark on her neck was easily spotted, and his face leaned forward, peering at it on the screen. "What's that?"

"What?"

"There...on your neck? Are you alright commander?" If he'd hurt his mother, Mannik would kill the man. Sarah automatically reached up, touching her neck, looking puzzled. "The other side..." Mannik responded, motioning. Sarah flipped the screen to the other one, checking her refection quickly, before Mannik's face reappeared. The soldier saw her turn her head as Sarah gave Zenon a harsh glare.

"It's nothing. Nothing at all." Imhoff stated hotly, still glaring at Zenon. She had shifted, and now the soldier from Above was on the screen as well. Her turning her head made it clearer. It wasn't from being choked...there would be more bruises...

"Oh...my...god...Mom!" Mannik had never thought it was possible, and the name he'd never called her before slipped out before he could stop it. "Er...sorry...Commander...I...but...he's...Did you two really?" He groaned. "I just told her it would never happen! She sounded so upset!" He raised a hand to his forehead.

"Nothing has happened!" Imhoff defended herself, though her cheeks had a tinge of red to them, and she avoided looking at the boy. "Listen, now." Her tone changed, meaning it was time for buisness, and she wouldn't hear anymore about the relationship she may or may not have with Zenon.

Mannik's expression became more serious, and he pushed his feelings to the side, though he sent a glare to the man behind her. "I'm here to bring you home. Zenon seems to think you aren't going to want to leave. Is this true, Mannik?" Her voice cut him like knives. Mannik glanced to the door Adelmar had left out of.

"I...no...I'll come home. I just have something I need to do first..."

"And that is?"

Mannik hesitated, once more glancing at the door. "Her father...he...I can't leave her with him...I want to kill him before I leave..." Sarah glanced at Zenon in surprise once again. She wasn't going to ask questions pertaining to why Mannik would want him dead. If he wanted this man dead, there would be a good reason for it. But, he wouldn't go out of his way to do it unless he did care for this girl. Zenon had been right. One dead man and the publicity for it, and her soldier back Below where he belonged? She would do it, if that was all it required.

"Fine." She gave her permission. "What about the collar?"

"She said she knew where a key was. I believe she'd getting it now."

"Mannik..." The Commander leaned forward, blocking the screen from Zenon's view, and dropping her voice to a whisper. She wasn't stupid, she knew Zenon could still hear her, but she wanted to at least make Mannik feel like he couldn't. "If you want to stay...We could always use a spy..."

Mannik's expression changed. It was very slight, and if she didn't know the man as well as she did, Sarah wouldn't have caught it. "On the ride up...I was drugged...I...She started to cry, because I...Uhm, because I kissed her. She barely looks at me. She thinks I'm just some kind of savage. She...she..." His voice cracked, and he lowered his head. He took a deep breath, before looking back up. "I'm not going to force my presence on her. At least Below, I can help..."

Sarah nodded, feeling sympathetic towards the man, but still needing to get to business. "Once the collar is off, you'll be meeting us in a safe area, and we will go home..."

Mannik nodded, before hanging up the phone. He'd forgotten to ask why she had come at all. He sighed, setting the pad gently on the nightstand where Adelmar had placed it before, and then laying back on the bed.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 01-12-2015, 07:07 AM

Adelmar's cheeks heated up at the remark and she fidgeted uneasy, suddenly aware that they were completely alone, in his bedroom on his bed. For a second, flashes of Mannik holding her, lips against her ear and then that brief kiss on the ship spun through her mind and her blush deepened. Despite being engaged to infamous playboy for most of her life, she had very little experience with men and the thought of her with Mannik suddenly made her feel like... Like, she wasn't even sure what. Nervous and tiny bit giddy? She had no idea where that last word, that feeling had come from, it didn't make sense. But then again, rarely anything did these days. "I... Well, uh, they are two consensual adults, so it is not really... our business," she commented awkwardly in attempt to be diplomatic, unsure where to look.

As he continued, sad smile flickered over her face, as if she felt he was only trying to make her feel better rather than meant it honestly. "I will try to return soon," the girl told him quietly before departing. If only she was so sure she'd manage to... She knew where her father kept keys to these things, but if he was in his office right now, in any state other than passed-out drunk, it was going to be difficult, to put it lightly.

Meanwhile, Hadar heir groaned softly when Sarah deepened the kiss, but responded eagerly. Zenon had meant to keep this short and sweet, maybe as an example that it wasn't all about blinding passion with him that he could be... He wasn't sure what he wanted to show, honestly, but as her hand moved in his hair, he couldn't care less. Hand coming up to caress her cheek gently, the man poured his passion and hint of desperation into the kiss before pulling back slightly to have a look at her. Few red curls rebelled against being stuffed under cap, her eyes that could be so cold that they would freeze him on the spot if only he wasn't so arrogant were now warmer and Zenon could almost believe she wanted this as much as he did.

"So beautiful," he whispered sincerely, before continuing to kiss her. Zenon wanted to memorize this, the warmth of sun and her lips, the taste of this stubborn, stubborn woman that, in denying him from the start, had become the thing he wanted to have the most. But more than to just own her, he wanted her to want him just as badly or preferably more (so he could regain some measure of confidence). To have his little fire miss him when they couldn't meet, have her breath catch and heart speed up, just a little bit, when she thought he caught sight of him, somewhere, anywhere. A much greater level of claim than he had wanted for a long time and how could it be that the women he barely noticed were reduced to this state (and worse) with one of his witty remarks, but Sarah...

Whatever would be his distracted thought pattern from there on, it was disturbed by ring from the SociPad. Zenon groaned again, this time in displeasure. Another thing to add to the negative things about Mannik. His hand had just managed to free some more of Sarah's hair from cap's jail, enjoying the softness and now he would never know if he could have her lost enough in kiss to manage to sneakily take it off as a whole. Stupid wonder boy. Valmir pouted slightly, but then put his best smirking grin as his head popped up next to Imhoff's in camera's view. At her glares as his mark was finally discovered, he gave her his most innocent expression, but blue-gray orbs were dancing with mirth.

His demeanor shifted radically when Adelmar's father was mentioned, however. "Make him suffer from me." He paused and then seemingly recognized Mannik's feelings: "Well, both of us," Zenon spoke up suddenly and his voice had streak of cruelty, harshness that hadn't been there even when he had argued with Imhoff. It was rash, to let Mannik get rid of the Wislawa family head, and somewhere, in corner of his mind, he realized it could very well burn both Adelmar and even him, but the chance was too good to pass up.

He let the two talk their own private talk, laying down on the rock. In the end, he wasn't surprised Mannik would return, of course Adelmar wouldn't show him much affection, even if she had any for him. For bragging that he knew her so well, he couldn't really read her after all. Zenon smirked a little, satisfied. When the conversation was finished, he didn't really say anything, though, more expecting Sarah to address him, perhaps scold him for the love bite.

It took Adelmar good hour to get the key and return to Mannik. Again, she knocked on the doors and waited for permission to enter. She was slightly breathless and there was pain in her ankle that she had twisted nastily, hurrying to hide so she wouldn't be seen, but there was a slightly confident grin on her face. "I got it," she told him and moved to the bed, sitting down on the very edge. She made the slightest grimace at pain when sitting down, but it was gone next moment, the satisfaction for getting key too big to let her pay attention to such little things. Besides, pain was nothing strange in her life.

When he sat up, she leaned close to have a good look where the tiny keyhole was. It was in front and careful, as if afraid it could break and all her effort would be for nothing, young woman slid the key in and unlocked the punishment device. Just as carefully, she removed it from his neck, her fingers brushing across Mannik's skin and she actually, on a whim, allowed them to linger, touching the line that the collar had already left its mark rubbing around his neck. "Such devices should not exist," she told him firmly, looking up in his green eyes.

Then, realizing how close she was to him still, she straightened up. "Zenon will have key for your handcuffs," she said, "did you agree on a safe place to meet?" Adel asked, trying to find a safe, stable topic other than... than whatever they were dancing around.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 01-12-2015, 07:33 AM

After the call, Mannik had laid on the bed, feeling the strange clothes on him. They were just so soft! His thoughts wandered to Zenon. Make him suffer for me. He'd said. A rush of anger ran over Mannik. He had known, and had done nothing? He'd let Adelmar get hit. He had to think of a way to make sure she could get ahold of him, if she needed to...Zenon couldn't be trusted to take care of her. Why did she want to marry him?

AND SARAH! Mannik cussed, sitting up in the bed. His Commanding officer had distracted him. He was going to kill that man. How dare he! He already had the one thing in the world Mannik wanted, and now he was trying to take his mother?! No! No, no, no!

~</3~

Sarah stared at the screen for a moment before sighing, and rubbing her forehead. Sometimes she really felt like telling Mannik the truth. Curls had fallen out, and she stuffed them back into her cap. Guilt had crept up on her, for even kissing an engaged man. She tugged her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around them.

She felt even guiltier now, for wanting to continue. After all, Zenon had said this was a special place to him. Why bring her here? No. Do not let him inside again.

The love bite wasn't brought up, although it could make things difficult, she was actually pleased to have it. It was almost, as far fetched as it sounded, like Zenon had claimed her. His words came back to her: So beautiful. Sarah glanced at Zenon curiously. Surely he didn't really think that.

~</3~

Mannik was still fuming when Adelmar returned. Right away, he noted the limping, wishing he had his items. He waited, however, as she approached him, and slid the key into the collar. His eyes lingered on her face, watching the tiny differences that made her different from every other person who existed. The way her eyebrows arched, tiny birthmarks on her skin. He'd never see them again, after he left. He wanted to memorize them.

The female's fingers brushed over his skin, and Mannik visibly tensed, his look changing to one of longing. His imagination must have kicked it up a notch, as well, because it seemed like her fingers stayed a bit longer than they really needed to. He stayed still, like she was an animal he might frighten away if he moved.

Her fingers were gone a minute later, and Mannik sighed, running a hand through his hair. Was she doing this on purpose, just to torture him?

The topic she chose was far from safe, and Mannik fidgeted. "Erm...Well...I...maybe got a little distracted from some news, but we can't leave yet anyway..." The soldier stood, staring down at her, since that put them awfully close together. Without waiting for her to respond, and not caring that she would probably be upset, his hands slid around her waist, and he lifted her. He placed her on the bed gently, and knelt down on the floor, lifting her leg and peering at her ankle.

His hands reached out, ripping a strip from the sheet dangling off the bed. "There's two things..." As he spoke, Mannik gently removed her shoe, his fingers gentle. He rubbed her ankle, and continued, refusing to look at her. "The swelling needs to go down...and it needs to be wrapped. Secondly...I need a weapon. If we are caught out there...I want to make sure nothing bad happens. You said yourself that your words only get you so far. A knife from the kitchen would do. Can you do that?" Mannik's emerald eyes finally lifted to her, and he began wrapping her foot without looking, his fingers so used to the motions.

Last edited by Kisu; 01-12-2015 at 10:18 AM..