Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 08-24-2010, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
I want to note that if anyone's doing a chimney sweep and wearing white (and I think I've seen more than one) I'll probably dock at minimum 1 point from my score. It makes no sense for a chimney sweep to wear light colors at all. But particularly white. >_>;

I'm only one judge, though, and probably no one else is going to be all hardass about that. :p I just thought it was fair to warn people that I would be. :p
You have a point, actually. Any chimney sweep people i've ever seen in stuff are usually always wearing a dark gray jumpsuit kind of thing.

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 08-24-2010, 03:34 AM

On the other hand, while realistically chimney sweeps would wear all black and gray, it does get kinda boring.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 08-24-2010, 03:48 AM

You can use said colors and make it creative and unique

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 08-24-2010, 12:10 PM

I've never seen a real chimney sweep >3>

Kultura
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via MSN to Kultura

Old 08-24-2010, 12:24 PM

Buuut CKaaaaay! I liked the rolled-up-sleeves on the shirt, and none of the darker colours looked right with the waistcoat.

Boo. Back to the drawing board, methinks.

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 08-24-2010, 01:05 PM

sleepy time again!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-24-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
Cora, just take a screen shot of your equipped items in your inventory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cami View Post
Cora: Seiki makes a good suggestion. Another good suggestion is don't be lazy. >/

Lol, but cora's good at being lazy. Especially when she's working overnights T.T

I really need to work on my entry for here too....o.0

Ah well....I'll do that when I wake up.

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 08-24-2010, 02:22 PM

I don't really think you need to work on your entry for here. Really, much better to just send in the same entry you did last round. Nobody will notice. I promise.

/humdedum/

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 08-24-2010, 04:08 PM

vs.

Ehhh?

Last edited by Keyori; 08-24-2010 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: Coding FAIL

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 08-24-2010, 04:09 PM

The first one is dead.

Oh, nevermind, you fixed it.

Um... Not sure. Green seem sa bit out of place, but at the same time I kind of like the little bits of it.

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 08-24-2010, 04:14 PM

I tried to use the blue one originally, since it's a fairly common color for gloves and masks, but I couldn't find any accessories that matched (except the space set, and most of those pieces didn't fit with the outfit). I don't think pink or red would be any better :/

Last edited by Keyori; 08-24-2010 at 05:20 PM..

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 08-24-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora Lorington View Post
@people- by the way cami's art is sketched and inked....and boo's is in the works. I'll be scanning them when all three are done....so I dont have to dig out my scanner 3 times.
Yay! I can't wait to see it. ^_^ I'm going to be horribly busy with school this week so I won't be stalking the thread as much. Good luck to everyone! Later!

Kultura
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-24-2010, 06:24 PM

Tried something different. Any advice?
I'm thinking myself of chaning the hair... Eh.

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 08-24-2010, 06:30 PM

Different hair would be good, maybe the short hair with pigtails? Hmm...might still interact badly with the hat. The braid might work. I always had to have my hair braided before I could go play in the snow because otherwise it got all snarled from my hat and scarf and such. I like this one though. Definitely can tell she's supposed to be a little girl. ^_^ Might want to not have her wearing lipstick though and the eyes are a bit..er...strange looking. O_o'

Last edited by Saravi Boo; 08-24-2010 at 06:32 PM..

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 08-24-2010, 06:49 PM

/splashes water on Kultura's snowbear/ Iz icebear now.

Kultura
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-24-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravi Boo View Post
Different hair would be good, maybe the short hair with pigtails? Hmm...might still interact badly with the hat. The braid might work. I always had to have my hair braided before I could go play in the snow because otherwise it got all snarled from my hat and scarf and such. I like this one though. Definitely can tell she's supposed to be a little girl. ^_^ Might want to not have her wearing lipstick though and the eyes are a bit..er...strange looking. O_o'
Yeh, I was going to use the braid, it looked pretty cute! But the silly snow bear cat thing covered it...They eyes are big and sparkly! Yet creepy looking. But I think I'm happier with where this is going than where my chimney sweep was going.

Cami, muh bear D:
*throws snowball*

----------

Better? Worse?
Bunny bag or no bunny bag?

I'm starting to lose my conifdence in this contest D:

Divine_lil_brat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-24-2010, 07:49 PM

Sorry I'm a little confused. Are we making 3 avis a nanny, child and C. sweep or 1 avi with a costume choice of 1 of the 3 options given?

Sorry I haven't been around much -.-; work has been crazy...

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 08-24-2010, 08:48 PM

Just one.

----------

The braid does look really cute. Too bad about the bad bear. Bad bad bear. I think I like it with the bunny bag, but it's hard to tell with the gray line.

Divine_lil_brat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-24-2010, 09:14 PM

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 08-24-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyori View Post
vs.

Ehhh?
First one looks better. Green got too far off with trying to match, rather than trying to stick with the theme, I think.

Also, you dont need to add the white on the avi to make it match, I dont think. It kind of throws me off to have those white arm puffs, actually. They seem out of place on a chimney sweep person.

Also, having her in skirts doesn't seem very logical. If you were doing chimney sweeps, it seems like having skirts on would make it more difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyori View Post
I tried to use the blue one originally, since it's a fairly common color for gloves and masks, but I couldn't find any accessories that matched (except the space set, and most of those pieces didn't fit with the outfit). I don't think pink or red would be any better :/
You could also maybe consider the hankerchiefs that are around the neck. People cover the faces with them sometimes. Not sure if the chimney sweep people do, but I haven't seen them with masks specifically either. Its a clever idea that you have to have something they can cover their mouth with, though. Maybe something for the eyes, or would that seem strange?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kultura View Post
Yeh, I was going to use the braid, it looked pretty cute! But the silly snow bear cat thing covered it...They eyes are big and sparkly! Yet creepy looking. But I think I'm happier with where this is going than where my chimney sweep was going.

Cami, muh bear D:
*throws snowball*

----------

Better? Worse?
Bunny bag or no bunny bag?

I'm starting to lose my conifdence in this contest D:
I like the first version more, I think (since if a kid was playing in the snow, they wouldn't really have a little bag, you know? since their hands would probably be empty for playing). Although, I dont like the eyes.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-24-2010, 09:47 PM

breaking down and working on my entry finally T.T

does anyone know the tag to get the feild of clovers to come up in the DAC.

Which is better?

Last edited by Cora; 08-24-2010 at 09:53 PM..

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 08-24-2010, 10:02 PM

I do not understand why you have outside stuff, but in a house?

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-24-2010, 10:04 PM

Its the idea of childhood imagination .

A child can go on a jungle adventure without ever leaving the safety of their room.

I plan to make the description for that one a short story.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 08-24-2010, 10:21 PM

Okay. Well, maybe try to make it seem more like she's dressing up for this adventure, then?
The clothes seem kind of out of place.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-24-2010, 10:22 PM

Well maybe, but I dont want to lose that childness of her either. After all mommy dresses her up.