SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 11-25-2013, 12:36 PM

Ivriel moved a bit closer and knelt down next to bane, all the while still wondering what was so human about the animals eyes.
" Those are some nasty wounds," she said softly," Are you a healer, Bane? Looks like you're giving an examination."

She watched glanced at phoenix who had sat down next to her. The girl seemed awfully perky, not that that was a bad thing. She noticed something dart in and out of the girl's bag. A head, perhaps. But of... wait that was the dragon. Ivrial was sure of it as it did look quite scaly. Now was not the time to ask such questions, though. They were all in a potentially dangerous situation. Wounded animals could be defensive.

" Be careful," she warned," SHe might still attack."

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 11-25-2013, 04:08 PM

Loki's jaw clenched as others gathered around her. She tried to shuffle backwards to no avail; her paws were glued stubbornly in place. It was obvious as to why. Her neck bore traces of bite marks, as did her shoulder blades and flanks. There were gouges from claws placed around her shoulders as well as at her flanks. Though her fur hid the marks, bruises were forming - reminders of rocks thrown at her body as well as her fall from the tree. Though adrenaline had kept her body moving before, her energy was being steadily depleted.

She heard soothing words from the male. Shock more than anything kept Loki from snapping her jaws at the hand that stroked her muzzle. She studied his face quietly, looking for some sort of evil intent, but he seemed to be looking at her wounds. Another girl settled beside the man, and she too lacked malice. Loki's eyes flicked to the woman who had warned her companions to take care.

They really just think I'm a wild leopard, Loki realized, relieved. Her body relaxed every so slightly. Why wouldn't they, really? She breathed out an inaudible sigh of relief. They won't turn me in, then, as long as they don't find out. Maybe I'll survive this after all. She hesitated a moment, then slowly lowered out of her crouch to rest on the earth. Her paws were relieved to pass on her weight to the ground. She watched the group warily.

Just in case.

Last edited by kuroshinigami; 11-25-2013 at 05:48 PM..

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 11-28-2013, 05:27 PM

"What fun would it be to be able to understand every animal?" he said to her as he chuckled. Fang grabbed at Phoenix to keep her back with him and Tobais sighing heavily when she went to go sit down next to his twin, running a hand though his silver hair as he thought for a few more minutes, before he pulled Phoenix to her feet and back over to where they were originally. "Come on you two....let's leave Bane to his work." he said to them as he smiled, tugging him down the path towards their home, not wanting them to see what his twin was more then likely was going to do. He only stopped long enough to grab Ivriel also that she also would not be in the way, a smile on his face as he tried to put them at ease over being dragged away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Quiet....." Bane mumbled to them as he motioned for them to give him some space, last thing he needed was for people to breath down his neck as he tried to work. He continued to stroke her muzzle before he ran his other hand over her body, feeling her wounds to see just how bad it is. [COLOR="rgb(72, 209, 204)"]"Just let me work."[/COLOR] he grumbled to them, relieved when his twin came over to take them away from him, being crowd will trying to work was not something he liked, after all he had enough on his plate with trying to take care of the person or animal without people asking him questions that he didn't know the exact answers to at the moment. A thrumming noise could be heard coming from Bane, it was deep down in his throat, a cross between a purring sound and a growl. He dug through his bag, pulling out some water, bowl, herbs and some bandages. He couldn't do what he wanted too at that moments, but he could take care of the more major wounds. He crushed the herbs, placing them into the bowl, mixing some water into it to make it into a paste before he begin to carefully take care of the wounds, wrapping up the minor ones, packing the paste into the more serious ones.

Graxdon1
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-29-2013, 05:51 AM

From deeper within the woods, there came the sound of a man shouting, followed by an explosion. Deep within a hidden away cabin... well, the cabin was now a bunch of smoldering, flaming bits and pieces now. A panicked looking man stared at the young half-elf before him, long dueling blade held skillfully in her grasp as she smiled at him. He sent a second fireball her way, only for her blade to glow as she deflected the spell to strike a tree behind her before she rushed forward, saying, "They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing time and again expecting a different result! Heh, guess that's why they call you the mad hermit, right?" Turning, he began to ran, tossing spells over his shoulder, shouting, "NO! Stay away, please!" She let out a challenging laugh, either dodging or deflecting the spells as she quickly closed distance with her target, yelling, "Sorry chump, but you're my next meal ticket!" As he turned to face her, possibly to cast one more spell, she slashed out, cutting his throat open, a second rapid strike piercing him through the heart. A look of shock came over his face a second before blood began fountaining from his throat, the light of life fading from his eyes. Pulling her blade free, the body of the hidden mage fell at her feet, a smile of victory on her face as she said, "Well... he wasn't so tough!"

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 11-29-2013, 02:55 PM

Loki was relieved when the others were pulled away. Though she believed herself to be safe, she still didn't like crowds of people staring at her. She looked up slightly at the noise emanating from the man (who she assumed was called Bane), intrigued at hearing such a noise from a human. Her curiosity was distracted as the man pulled something from his pouch. Something earthy caught her nostrils, and she knew he was pulling out herbs before she actually saw them. So he's a healer. I'm saved, she thought gratefully, and let him work. She winced as his hands roamed the wounds on her body, but didn't stir from her spot on the ground. The hand on her muzzle was comforting, now that she was being healed rather than stared at.

As the herbs began to do their job, her aches slowly disappeared, and the lack of pain returned some of her strength. When the healer finished, she gingerly got to her feet. She felt safe enough, but she preferred being on her feet in front of others. Loki stepped forward slightly and gently nudged his shoulder with her head to show her thanks. She jolted when the sound of an explosion reached her ears. It was coming from deeper in the forest, but her keen ears didn't miss the sound. She thought she could smell acrid traces of burning wood.

The hell's going on? she thought. Her tail swished nervously as she stared deeper in to the woods. She doubted it had anything to do with her clan; loving to climb in trees, they didn't much care for fire, especially not in the forest. Given her condition, it wouldn't be smart for her to go and investigate. She probably wouldn't make it that far on her own. Still, if the fire spread...

She growled quietly, irritation replacing nerves. What exactly could she do in her state? She huffed out another growl. No sense getting killed when you've just been patched up. Fire's supposed to help the forest a bit regardless, she thought, though her tail still swished irately behind her.

Last edited by kuroshinigami; 11-29-2013 at 03:00 PM..

Pandora's Box
Everyone's Favorite Sociopath

Old 11-30-2013, 12:33 AM

"I wasn't bugging him. I was just sitting there!" she whispered to Fang when he pulled her away. Although he annoyed her, she decided not to go after him about it. For two reasons.

One, she didn't want to freak out in front of the injured animal. The poor thing might be spooked if she got too loud. So, she did what was very unlike her. She bit her tongue and controlled her temper. She did have other things to worry about.

The second reason was that there was fire. She couldn't hear it or smell it. She wasn't an animal. But, she could feel it. Being a fire wizard, she was connected with fire. And there was a lot. Far away. Normally, she wouldn't notice small fires far away. But this was a lot.

Nyth noticed it too. He was stirring in her bag. "Something iss not right. Phoenix!" he whispered to her from the bag. She didn't respond. She knew that Fang as nearly obsessed on talking with her about speaking dragon. She couldn't go look into the fire. So she stood there, watching the animal slowly heal, wondering about the fire.

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 11-30-2013, 10:20 PM

Tobias decided it was time to move on. He couldn't risk being in one place too long, especially if anyone traced those materials back to him. He could do one more thing before leaving. "I'm going to head over to the next town. If you find some books and scrolls don't be surprised." The white haired youth looked over his shoulder. Something told him not to but since when did he listen to anyone. Suddenly an arrow shot through his chest. His grey eyes went wide as he fell to the ground. What...happened?

Confused and afraid, he yelled out "Run! Take my cart and run!" Bane had been right, the wrong people were around while they spoke of magic. Eight soldiers in dark armor leapt out from behind some trees, bows and swords were ready for action. The King's soldiers had been policing the area. Clutching his bleeding chest, he used some of his blood to scrawl out a final spell. Shaking and heaving he wrote 'ehrtas' into the dirt. Suddenly a circle of sharp rocks came up, capturing two and impaling two more. It was all he could do. With his dying breath he chuckled, "Stupid tinheads..."

((OOC: Hey guys, hopefully this is ok for an exit post. I'm going to have to resign from this rp. I can't get into my character's head anymore. You all write wonderfully and I'm excited to see where you all take things from here!))

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 12-01-2013, 06:56 AM

((OOC: It's too bad you're leaving!! (TT.TT) It was fun rping with you!!))

Loki heard a sharp twang and her head snapped to the left to find the source of the sound. A male elf (at least, given the shape of his ears she assumed he was an elf) had been shot square in the chest. She heard his warning to run with the cart, but something had quietly snapped in her mind at the sight of the dark armor. Anger, fear, loneliness, resentment...everything she had ever felt while she had lived, seemed to bubble up and focus on a single thought.

They had killed her people. They had killed the chief.

No, she could not run, even if it meant her own death.

Rallying the last of her strength, she vowed to finish it quickly. A feral growl exploded from her mouth. Her muscles bunched together before she sprang, charging forward. She dodged the circle of rocks that sprang from the earth. Leaving the two captured inside, she targeted the four still free. The first man she tackled to the ground, knocking off the helmet with a swipe of her large paw. Her mouth closed on the man's neck and tore out his windpipe. He would be dead soon.

She saw a glint of something swing at her head and managed to leap out of the way. The mangled man was put out of his misery, as his comrade's sword continued to fall and decapitated the man. She growled and pounced once more, knocking the man back. Man and leopard struggled on the ground. Had Loki been in her peak of health, the fight would have been over quickly. As it was, she was struggling to pin the man's sword hand. The soldier flipped her off him and scrabbled for the sword. Loki recovered quickly and chomped hard on his hand.

He howled in pain as she stubbornly clung on, trying to force him to drop the weapon. He punched her head twice, and finally she relinquished her grasp, only to pounce on him once more. He was expecting this, and managed to keep his feet. Loki dealt her own blows with her heavy paws. Still, the man was stronger and cast her aside. He straightened his helmet so he could see once more. Loki was close to the ground, watching his sword hand warily.

((I think I got carried away with this one (-.-;) ))

Graxdon1
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-01-2013, 07:17 AM

Jasmine whistled to herself as she tossed the bundled up body onto her cart, the mule making a whining noise that she ignored, wrinkling her nose at the thing. She didn't pay the magical flames spreading back whence she came any mind due to a combination of not caring and not being able to put it out. Besides, she was sure it would work itself out. Wiping her blade on the rag wrapped around the body, cleaning it of the blood before saying to herself, "Well, that was fun. Time to go show the body, get my money, and get something a bit more stylish than you, you stinker." The mule glared over its shoulder at her, drawing a giggle from her as she grabbed its lead and started down the path leading to the road, singing a sailing song to herself as she walked.

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-02-2013, 08:20 AM

Ivriel did not like being pulled away like that, but realised that she probably was crowding Bane as he worked. She politely removed her arm from Fang's grasp and continued walking beside him...

It was then that she heard the commotion and saw the King's guards closing in on them. Tobias had been shot in the chest and it didn't look as if he was going to make it. But he had begged for someone to take his cart. Whipping out her sword and taking down the guard who blocked her path, Ivriel grabbed the cart and made a run for it. She smelt smoke, but it was coming from far away.

After a while of running, she slowed her pace down, but still remained vigilant. The guards could be anywhere. Suddenly her cart was stopped unceremoniously. Whipping out her sword once more, she leapt forward to face her attacker. But the sight that met Ivriel shocked her tremendously. It was two of the guards from her home village, they had found her.

" My lady," one of them said," We've been searching for the last two months." He looked tired and weary.
" If you've come to forcefully take me back then-" She was cut off by the other guard.
" Your Father is dead and your brother is badly injured."
This news shocked her more than the sight of the guards did." What?" she said increulously," When? How?" Tears began to form in her eyes, but did not spill.
" There was an attack on the city. There is no time for details, but I have a message. Your father said that he was sorry for all that he said, for keeping you a prisoner on your own home. Since your brother is also wounded and may not make it, you are now Head of the family. You must return with us."
All this was so much to take in. Could she really give up her dreams of seeing the world? Yes, she could. Because Ivriel's love for her her family and home was stronger than her love for adventure. And, she also felt an immense amount of guilt. She wasn't there for them. She could have helped, made a difference to the situation, Her mind was made up.

" I will come," she said straightening her slumped shoulders," I will right the wrongs done by the attackers... and myself."
" And what of this cart, my lady?" Asked the first guard.
" Leave it," said Ivriel mounting Galad and walking ahead," It does not belong to me. Someone will find use for it, I hope."
And with that, Ivriel and the guards set off on the long journey back home.

{ Closing post. Won't be participating in this rp anymore. I just wasn't feeling it But, I'll be reading along to see where you guys take it! Good luck, all :3 }

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 12-02-2013, 04:40 PM

(wish you could have stayed)

"I understand that your concerned for the cat but my brother still needs room to work. He doesn't like people watching him work."Fang said to her as he gave her a weak smile. He jerked, as he heard something explode, well it wasn't very loud, though he could smell fire and he could only think of a few places where the smoke could have been coming from. Thankfully it was from the opposite direction that their home was at. "Bane!!!!" he called out in a loud and worried voice, this was not good, things were turning out worse then they could have imagine. Tobias was dead, telling them to take his wagon and leave. He could only stand there for a few minutes as he watched the soldiers try and catch them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bane smiled as the leopard seemed to be feeling better, though when a fight broke out, he could only curse as he stood up, a pissed look on his face before he looked towards his twin. He didn't want to have to do this but it was the only thing that he could think of to save them all at the moment, well what was left of them. "Fang!!! Now!!" he called to his twin as he changed into a large black dragon with violet eyes, giving a loud roar, he used one clawed hand to pull his twin, the leopard and Pheonix close before using his tail to pull the cart and the dead book keeper as he growled at them. You could imagine the surprise when Ivriel walked off with them, he was not happy as he found out it was her fault that this had all happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fang was surprised that Bane would just give them away like that, he watched his brother for a few moments as he protected everyone with his scaly hide. He gave a huge sigh, concentrating before he wrapped them with in shadows, moving them to their home in the woods. Far away from the road and the fight that had broken out there, he looked around for a few minutes before patting his twin on the clawed hand as he took care of the horse and book wagon as he grabbed some wood to make a cross headstone for him, while Bane easily dug a hole before changing back into his human form. "I didn't think you were going to do that......but there is not changing it now." Fang said to him as he sighed and gave him a weak smile, as he helped him to bury Tobias.

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 12-04-2013, 02:29 PM

Loki growled in surprise as she was plucked from her fight to be protected by a dragon. Before she could think much on the matter, she found herself pressed into darkness and then deposited in front of a house. What just happened? she wondered. She glanced up at the dragon, eyeing it warily. The same scent of herbs clung to the dragon's scales as had clung to the skin of the healer. "One in the same, then? she thought.

Her knees buckled. The adrenaline had worn off, her anger subsided, and she lowered herself to the ground. "I overdid it, she realized. It would have been smarter off to run and live rather than risk her life as she had, but at the time she would have preferred to take a few more with her to hell than to flee. Must be the hunter's blood in me, she mused. And it all worked out, oddly enough. She glanced once more at the dragon - watched as he and the other man made a grave for the slain elf.

They're like me, then. She turned her head to survey the female that the dragon had carried away as well. I wonder if she's the same as well? Her tail abruptly stopped as a horrible (and slightly paranoid, she admitted) thought came to mind. What if it was a trap? What if they baited others, getting magic-users to trust them. Then, when the hapless fools used magic in front of them, they called in the guards and the king had a few more heads on his platter. It was possible. Was the king that desperate, that insane? She shifted uncomfortably on the ground. Her body was beginning to ache from new bruises, and it seemed a few of her wounds had begun to bleed again.

Her tail swished on the ground anxiously once more. No, she thought, returning to her previous ramblings. It's too paranoid, too far-fetched. There has to be some sort of code of honor in these times...shouldn't there? The attempted faith in her fellow magicians (so to speak) was shadowed by her own experiences.

She knew all too well how kindness could mask deceit and betrayal. Let's wait just a little while longer, she decided, and settled her head on her paws, watching her surroundings carefully.

Pandora's Box

Old 12-04-2013, 06:07 PM

Phoenix fell to the ground after they reached the home. What had just happened?

It all happened so fast. Usually Phoenix was quick-thinking and fast. But, focusing on the fire she had felt earlier made her fail to notice the guards. Then there was the bookseller dying, Ivriel leaving, the leopard fighting and Bane changing to a dragon. A dragon! Nyth! He was still in the bag, shivering. "Another dragon?? he asked. She nodded. He hopped out to see what was going on.

She rubbed her head. "Man... I think I should have just gone back to sleep this morning....." she said with a sigh. She would have just stayed where she was, but the leopard was hurt again, and Bane was burying Tobias. And he was a dragon. That would make it difficult to help. She slowly crawled over to the animal. "It's okay... It's okay.." she whispered, putting her hand out, waiting to see how it reacted. She wanted to help it, or at least calm it until Bane could help.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 12-04-2013, 09:53 PM

Once the twins were done burying Tobias, they seemed to be having an argument with each other over something, with some hissing and growling and large hand gestures. After a while Fang moved over to where Loki and Phoenix and been left to them selves, giving them an apologetic look as he rubbed the back of his head. "Heh heh.....well you know our secret now. We are actually dragons.....though we are still very much twins. So you can see why I want to know about you and why you can speak in dragon too." he said to her as he laid down on the ground next to her, unaware of Katherine possibly coming their way or if Jasmine was going to come across them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bane on the other hand, was not happy that they had to go and do something so drastic but it could not be helped, considering the situation that they were in at the time. He glared at his twin for a few minutes before he sighed heavily, moving over to the small group after changing back into his human form."Stay still.....this will only heal some of your small wounds and heal the major ones some." he said to the leopard as he rest his hands on her, softly taking a deep breathe as a white and green light emanated from his hands, after a few minutes it died down as he pulled away. He laid on the ground next to his twin, sighing heavily, this was an emotionally draining day, and the worst part of it all he forgotten his bag.

Graxdon1
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-04-2013, 10:04 PM

"Oh, hello there!" A friendly voice called out to the dragons and those assembled. Jasmine held onto the mules leash, smiling as she gave a wave to them, grinning as she said, "Wow, didn't expect to see anyone before hitting the King's road." Tugging slightly on the lead, she started towards them, the mule making a sound of frustration, the body-sized sack on the small wagon shifting slightly, showing the large red, wet spot bleeding through the material. Grinning, she asked, "What are you lot doing out here?"

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 12-05-2013, 01:45 PM

Loki twitched slightly as the girl reached her hand towards her nose. She eyed it quietly for a moment, then gently reached forward and bumped her nose against the outstretched fingers before retreating again. She listened to the girl's quiet words of comfort and felt oddly unsettled; she wasn't used to this kind of treatment. She looked over as the twins approached and declared themselves dragons, and stated that the girl could speak the dragon's tongue. Interesting, Loki mused.

As the healer approached Loki and healed her with a quick incantation. She could feel energy return to her body as the majority of her wounds were healed. The deeper of those were only partially fixed, but time would take care of the rest. A quiet purr escaped her as she felt her aches dissipate almost entirely. She rose, nudged the healer's cheek with her nose in gratitude, and walked around the prone figures of her saviors to stretch a bit.

She stopped abruptly as the stench of blood hit her nose, amplifying the residue left in her mouth from her fight. She hated the taste of human blood. It was probably as she was humanoid, but she could never abide the taste of it. Today had been a necessary evil, but it didn't diminish her disgust for it. Her gold eyes narrowed as the source of the scent came closer and cheerfully addressed them. It was obvious where the smell was coming from - there was corpse on the back of her wagon. Loki's muscles tensed as she assessed the woman, her tail swishing back and forth almost warningly.

Pandora's Box

Old 12-06-2013, 05:19 AM

Phoenix rubbed the back of her head. "Well, to tell you the truth, I'm not quite sure. It's just-" she stopped when the woman approached. Did the dragons know her? Phoenix wouldn't take her chances. "Hello." Nyth was wigging out, hiding behind Phoenix. "Not right! Not right!!" he whispered. She didn't understand what he meant until she noticed the big red spot on one of the lady's bags. She stayed calm.

"My brothers, and I," she began shooting the twins a look when she said it, hoping they would get the idea, "live here. We found this leopard not far from here. We were just helping it out." She smiled childishly. "What business do you have so far out of the way?"

Phoenix was doing backflips in her stomach, hoping that the boys would get the clue. The chance of her knowing them was slim, figuring that she didn't introduce herself more casually.

Graxdon1
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-06-2013, 06:25 PM

Jaz smiled, gesturing at the body bag, saying, "Just taking care of a bounty. The nearby town put a price on the head of this fire-starter of a mage, a bounty I decided to collect on. He put up a bit of a fight, but I'm sure the whole forest won't burn down... pretty sure anyway, not that I can stop a magical fire. Anyway, I'm on my way to the King's road since it's faster than the forest paths getting back."

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 12-07-2013, 02:58 PM

Loki glanced at the girl when she lied about her siblings. She might have believed her, if the twins hadn't been dragons. It was a smart lie. If you met someone with a still-bleeding corpse on their wagon, you wouldn't want them to think you were on your own. Well, that was her opinion, anyway.

Loki's jaw clenched as the woman alluded to her profession. A bounty hunter, then. She had to stifle a growl of disgust. And it seems she goes after magical creatures. Fantastic, she thought dryly. Of course, there was no way the bounty hunter could know her race, and the healer was back to his human form as well. Still, she couldn't ease the tension in her muscles. She began to stalk around the dragons and the girl to relieve some of the energy. True to her current form, she explored the area - smelling trees and sharpening her claws on the bark - all the while keeping her ears trained on the bounty hunter to survey her unnoticed.

Just in case something went wrong.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 12-09-2013, 05:45 PM

Fang looked at the female that had came by them in a wagon, he narrowed his eyes slightly at the smell of blood that came from her. "Hello." he said to her as he waved, returning the smile and trying to act as if everything was okay but he was not completely sure about her, after all not many people come. He looked around at the small barn and the house that were behind him, before looking back at her. "Oh nothing." he said to her, thinking that it was more or less obvious as to why they were out in a place like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bane gave a small smile at having her nudge him with her nose, causing him to pet her head before standing up and moving to block the path of the female so that she could not move any closer then what she had already. "Hush, sis. What have i told you about talking to strangers?" he said to her in an angry chastising voice as he glanced back at her, watching as his twin put a hand on her head and pulled her close to him. Oh he understood the look that she had given them, which was a good thing considering the evidence that was before them. If this female was willing to kill someone then who knows what she would do to them at this point. [COLOR="rgb(72, 209, 204)"]"Bounty hunter....."[/COLOR] he said the word as if it was poison on his lips, those were the one type of person you always avoid. After all they do not play by anyone's rules, not even their own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It is so shocking to know that someone whom was considered a neighbor could turn out to be a criminal." Fang tried to make it seems as if he was truly shocked and upset over hearing such information. He hugged Phoenix close to him as if he was trying to protect from the information that was shared with them. "Thank you for handling such a horrible person. As for the magical fire shouldn't it have died with the creator of it?" he asked them in a confused voice as if he knew nothing of magic, which for the most part he knew nothing of human magic, dragon magic was completely different.

Graxdon1
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-09-2013, 06:02 PM

Jaz shrugged, saying, "Beats me, I don't know the first thing about fire magic. I just know how to use my magic to counter the magic of others to, well, kill them, heh. Anyway, I don't suppose you could spare some food, could you? Your neighbor fried my backpack and my rations with it when he tried to do the same to me, and I could use something to tide me over on my way to town."

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 12-09-2013, 07:03 PM

Loki was surprised at how natural the twins adapted into the ploy; one commenting his surprise over his neighbor's actions, the other chiding his "sister." She noted, rather impressed, that the three had quickly united; the healer standing at the head while the other male had a protective arm around the girl. The unification behind the gesture brought back a small ounce of faith in humanity. Though they were strangers, they were still helping one another survive. It was something she hadn't experienced before.

Or...?

Had she assumed incorrectly that they hadn't known each other long? What had made her believe that in the first place? "Well, I'm probably right that they aren't siblings, due to the fact they're dragons, and that was news to us all. That doesn't mean they didn't know each other before this. Times like these, you wait a good while before you let someone else know who you really are, right?" Loki thought darkly.

She cursed herself quietly. "Focus, moron." She sauntered forward and sat near the healer, watching the bounty hunter once more.

At the bounty hunter's reference to her own magic use, Loki's already frayed nerves went into overdrive. "Was I right? Is the king hiring magic users to kill their own? Is it a trap now, trying to weed out the rest of us?" She cast a side-long glance at the healer. "Can I really trust them? They saved me, but..." The tiny warmth at seeing strangers band together was waning. "Right now, you're just a leopard. A surprisingly tame one, but let's not get into that. One thing at a time," she thought, and concentrated on the bounty hunter in front of her.

Pandora's Box

Old 12-10-2013, 03:12 AM

Phoenix covered her mouth at the news the strange lady brought. For many reasons. Why would a mage turn on another? And tell them without a care. She felt bad for the poor soul who had the bounty on his head. He obviously didn't do a very good job of hiding his magic. But Phoenix always mourned a fellow fire mage.

When Fang hugged her, she tried to play along. It was difficult though. She underestimated the twins, that was for sure. They were very good at acting. Then again, to live as a mage nowadays, you learned to do anything to survive. She rolled her eyes at Bane's comment about 'talking to strangers.' She awkwardly hugged Fang back, and hid her face in his shirt while she bit her lip.

They were real morons when it comes to fire magic, that was for sure. Of course, whether Bane and Fang were faking their ignorance, she had no clue. But magic doesn't just stop. Weak spells? Usually. But certain curses and spells don't just die when their creators do. Nope. And the fire was itching in her skin. It was getting bigger, that was for sure. This bounty hunter probably doubled whatever damage the mage may have done before. The bounty hunter needed to leave quickly, so Phoenix could go fix it before the forest burned down.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 12-20-2013, 03:38 PM

"You freely admit that your magic. What is stoping us from turning you in? Bane said to her as he crossed his arms, looking her over with a calculating eye. He can understand that everyone needed to make a living. Hell him and his twin stole occasionally to make a living when things are slow. When the panther sat down next to him, he reached a hand down and laid it on the too if her head, the gesture seemed as if it was meant to calm her down though it could have been just as easily been to calm himself down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We can give some supplies but sadly it may not be much compared to what you may had. Fang said to her as he smiles charmingly, giving Phoenix a squeeze before motioning towards the house. If the woman could have seen them meeting for the first time earlier then she would known that they were bit related. They were pretending that she was their sister for the fact that it was safer for all of them. A magic user who is a bounty hunter and could careless about other magic users and kill them. He lead them all into the house, grabbing a bag as he started to put some supplies into the bag, enough to last two days for the bounty hunter. He knew that Bane was careful that the deadly female did not see anything that she was not suppose to. "Darling sister, please fetch some water from the well. Do not forget to check on the animals." he said to her as he pet her head, handing her some water skins and a bucket for her to fill.

Pandora's Box

Old 01-13-2014, 07:32 PM

Phoenix pouted as she took the skins and the bucket. "The animals? But that'll take forever!" She complained. She gave an exaggerated sigh before wandering off towards the forest. Nyth followed at her heels. "Where are we going?" he asked. "To find the fire, duh."

After making sure that the bounty hunter was out of sight, Phoenix ran as fast as she could towards the fire. She knew that it was better to stop it now before it grew. Luckily, it hadn't spread as much as she had feared. "Oh, maybe it wasn't a strong mage." She said to herself. Still, it needed to be stopped. She rubbed her hands together, chanted a few spells, and the fire disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

"Now I need to fill up the water, don't I?" she said to no one. Nyth nodded, thinking she was talking to him. She took her time heading back.

(I don't want this to die yet Maybe if I add another character it will start up again?)