DeathsLittleDoll
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-28-2009, 06:23 AM

The Clocktower Academia
A Steampunk Roleplay

Enter a world set in a somewhat anachronistic victorian age, where fashion was dark and elegant with a hint of soot and grime. Where people have robot attendants, and where magic and technology intertwine. Where electricity is evident, but it's more common to read by gaslight than electric light. The Academia is almost a combined junior and high school, as far as grades are concerned.

year 1, year 2, year 3, year 4, year 5, year 6, year 7, year 8
The underlined years are the advanced years for students.

The Setting:
Alternate England

The Genre
Steampunk

The Moderators
DeathsLittleDoll [ character: Marme Noir ]

Accepted Character Types
Mages
Vampires
Scientists
Alchemists
Humans
MetaHumans *humans with a special power, think mutants*

Accepted Characters

DeathsLittleDoll Marme Noir Headmistress of The Clocktower Academia

ClockReject Lilee Rose The Librarian

Fading Existence Eramthgin Lanrete Head of Security

KatKitoshi Eloise Heinreich The Social Arts Professor

dianakitsune Marcella Reynold The Music Instructor

Cora Lorington Antoine Von Belcriste The Magic Professor

kurobizzle Senka Chelsed The Self Defense Instructor

dianakitsune Ace Le Torneau Eighth Year Student

Cora Lorington Jezabelle Auracon Seventh Year Student

kurobizzle Zia Chelsed Seventh Year Student

Isendor Bonnedol Platinum Seventh Year Student

Nymeria Samantha Leigh Rozenspeckz Seventh Year Student

Complete Accepted Characters Sheets Thread
http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...post1764690432

The Clocktower Academia OOC Thread
http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...out-there.html

Roles Within The Academia

The Vice Headmaster/Headmistress - 0 P E N
[ Assists Marme Noir with the dealings of the Academia. ]

The School Doctor/Nurse - 0 P E N
[ Making sure that the students and staff are well taken care of. ]

The Cook - 0 P E N
[ Since we have to eat right? The cook is responsible for that. ]

The Librarian - T A K E N - Lilee Rose, Metahuman
[ Responsible for making sure that the Academia books and texts are well taken care of. ]

The Head Of Security - T A K E N - Eramthgin Lanrete, Dark/Pyro Mage
[ Responsible for making sure everyone, students and staff, of the Academia remain safe. ]

The Engineer - 0 P E N
[ Responsible for the creation and maintenance of various steampunk gadgets, technology of the Academia. The Engineer is the expert of steampunk tech. ]

The Social Sciences Professor - 0 P E N
[ Teaches the students modern societies, social infrastructures, sciences of this iron age. ]

The Social Arts Professor - T A K E N - Eloise Heinreich, Alchemist
[ Teaches the students various arts, from sculpting, to painting, to wielding. The artist of the school. ]

The Music Instructor - T A K E N - Marcella Reynold, Music Mage
[ Teaches music, from singing, to playing instruments, to the various students of the Academia. ]

The Magic Professor - T A K E N - Antoine Von Belcriste, Vampire Alchemist
[ Teaches the students various magic...from archaic wizardry, to technomagic, to time magic for the more advanced students. ]

The Math Professor - 0 P E N
[ Teaches all forms of math to the students. ]

The Steamship Avian Instructor - Advanced Class - 0 P E N
[ Teaches the various piloting techniques, and maintenance of a steam airship for more advanced students of the academia. ]

The Self Defense Instructor - Advanced Class - T A K E N - Senka Chelsed, Human Warrior
[ Teaches combat, self defense for the more adventurous and advanced students of the academia. ]

Last edited by DeathsLittleDoll; 08-07-2009 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: Character Approval Update. <3

DeathsLittleDoll
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-28-2009, 06:38 AM

The Clocktower Academia Rules

1] No out of character drama is permitted. In character drama, angst is fine. Just nothing oocly.

2] You have to use the character sheet template, and submit to me in PM the character sheet. I will let you know if you are approved.

3] I recommend strongly to bookmark the roleplay thread, so you can keep updated on the status of the roleplay, the status of your character's approval, etc.

4] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk Look at this. This is more information on the genre that we love so much. This should help you get a grasp and feel for this roleplay. Think...a Steampunk Hogwarts if you have to.

5] Use the @ symbol to direct your posts to a specific user. Like for example...

@ Marme Noir [DeathsLittleDoll]

6] If you are not active at least twice a week in the roleplay, please do not get mad if I send you a private message asking if you are still interested in this roleplay.

7] This roleplay is centered around interaction, social interaction, not combat or violence. If you are looking to fight, this is not the roleplay for you, unfortunatly.

8] All staff and students reside in the academia dorms. The teachers have apartments, the students are three to an apartment.

Last edited by DeathsLittleDoll; 07-28-2009 at 06:55 AM..

DeathsLittleDoll
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-28-2009, 06:53 AM

S A M P L E - C H A R A C T E R - S H E E T - T E M P L A T E

Player Name
DeathsLittleDoll

Character Name
Marme Noir

Character Type
Techno-Time Mage

Position
Headmistress of The Clocktower Academia

Year
N/A

History
Not much is known of Marme. She has two childhood friends, one of whom she loves with all her heart. She formed this school to help the children of today function as leaders and as strong people of tomorrow. She is wealthy and powerful with her time and technology magic, she's got a sparkling sense of humor. She lives within the school, as does everyone else, students included.When she is not in her office, she is usually listening to classical music, or reading in the academia's library.

Visual Aid / Description / Picture

DeathsLittleDoll
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-30-2009, 01:52 AM

R O L E P L A Y - U P D A T E

I will start this roleplay now, within the next hour. I was sick for a few days. I am happy there is a large interest for this rp. I will add those who are approved, which is everyone basically. I will start the posting. Yay!

Last edited by DeathsLittleDoll; 08-05-2009 at 11:18 AM..

DeathsLittleDoll
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-05-2009, 12:12 PM

The Mistress of The Clocktower always did love the rain.

Marme settled in the library, her favorite spot in fact. It was at a nook nestled in a large picture window, the roof of the window was glass, as were the walls. The matron tucked her long legs under her as she settled there to read one of her favorite books, it was a text on time and paradox. There was a small cup of tea on the table aside her, she always knew how to be delicate in nature, especially around such wonderful texts. The warm, fat rain continued to patter down as she reads by electric gaslight. Her gown, her attire, was classic as was the norm for her...her flowing dress of black and cotton, her high rising boots which snapped along the ankles of black leather and heels, her flowing black sleeves to match her dress, her flowing black and gray dredbraids which framed a pale and exquisite face...her storm colored eyes hidden behind the clear glasses of her specs, her tiny tophat with her working goggles..a fit for the ambiance.

It was after the hours of the classes, students mingle amongst themselves, hunker down to hide from the rain. Some were happy with the cool, warm and wet..they danced and pranced in the waterworks. However, there were some students who lamented and missed the skies of gray, and the dryness of the streets. The rain would be fleeting and passing, however this time, it would last the rest of the day. The plants need the rain, so let it rain. Her black gloves of lace turn the pages slowly, her eyes flick across the pages of the fine script. She had done all her work in the morning hours, to make sure the school was running at it's peak. She was always so diligent with her work, always dedicated to the school. She loved children, the youth, and she would do whatever it takes to raise them as upright citizens in this world of steam and iron. She could hear the harkers, the barters outside yelling about the rain, and all she could do was smirk. Silly men...

Last edited by DeathsLittleDoll; 08-05-2009 at 12:15 PM..

dianakitsune
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to dianakitsune

Old 08-05-2009, 01:14 PM

Ace chuckled as he watched the people running around in the rain. He had managed to find a dry spot under a huge oak tree. He didn't mind the rain, but he had a better view of the female students from where he was. He preferred the shy girls so he kept an eye out for the ones that ran to their dorms because they didn't want to get wet. "Not bad," He grinned as a few girls walked by under an umbrella.

Marcella was glad the day was over and leaned over her desk. "Kids are so exhausting," She complained before sitting up. "I need a nap," She yawned, but knew she had too much work to do to sleep. She sighed and went back to cleaning instruments. She began to hum to help her stay awake as she cleaned.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 08-05-2009, 02:28 PM

It was another one of those rainy days, Eramthgin thought. He was in his office, though it looked more like a den at the moment, shining his boots. The corridors were often dusty and held who-knows-what from the masses of students who liked to drop things. Today the bottom of his boots consisted of a wad of bubblegum, a piece of broken nail (or screw, it was kind of hard to see with only a splinter of it), and a thick layer of dust and dirt. He sighed and started scrubbing the shoe with a brush and a bottle of shoe polish after removing the gum and nail.

His office was a jumble of random objects tossed here and there. There were a few bottles that held things even he did not remember anymore, stacks of paper threatening to topple over, even more stacks of books tossed carelessly here and there, and other small forgotten gadgets lying about. The other members of the security team often chatised him about his lack of organization, but Eramthgin felt it was perfectly fine. He never had any trouble looking for his stuff, anyway. That, and because he was lazy. As long as it wasn't specifically stated in the rules that one must keep their office neat and tidy, he felt perfectly fine with his office in a hectic mess.

The rain was pretty heavy tonight. His windows were covered by thick curtains and hidden behind the shelves and books, but he could hear the pounding of the rain outside. Most of the students had gone home, but there might be a few prowling around. Maybe he could go and startle them...he was the one who started quite a few rumors that the old school was haunted, after all.

Isendor
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2009, 03:19 PM

"Aw, !"#¤%!!! My new shoes!" Bonnedon sweared. And like you could easily quess, the rain had destroyed her shoes and now they were filled with water. Few of the passing students stared her like she would have been a ridiculous diva and all Bon could do was stand tall and walk towards the school doors. No, she didn't carry any umbrella. And yes, she looked horrible!
"English weather my ash!" she muttered and by the half way to doors, she stopped and took her shoes off. She wasn't THAT crazy diva to wear high heels in a wet cobblestone street. She threw her shoes to her bag (she could make something from them!) and then she stopped to stare the sky over the academy.

The airship! The academy's very own, self-build, REAL steam airship! Suddenly the rain turned into diamonds and the gray sky was a heaven to Bonnedon! This was the reason why she came here, to see what is right next to God! "My, you are BEAUTIFUL!" She dropped her bags and raised her hands toward the airship - just like a baby tries to catch a lollipop.
"Mine, mine, mine, mine..." she whispered even if she knew that now she wasn't crazy diva to others anymore. She was simply just crazy to them.

Last edited by Isendor; 08-05-2009 at 03:25 PM..

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 08-05-2009, 06:18 PM

Lilee was a quiet one, and never tried to disturb anyone, this is why this job was perfect for her.
A librarian, "All the books you could imagine, right here at my finger tips" she whispered to herself. She walked around, picking up books that some students had left, and gracefully put them back on the shelf. Lilee was still in full amazement at how big the library was, it had books from wall to wall, sitting areas for the students to study, it was lined with candles, and amazing architecture.

Lilee had spotted the Headmistress sitting in her favorite spot, with her favorite book. I wish, she thought to herself, I wish I could be as strong, and confident, outspoken and so loving as she is. But that will never be me, I couldn't ever be like that.

Last edited by ClockReject; 08-05-2009 at 08:08 PM..

Isendor
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2009, 06:32 PM

Bon closed the maindoors behind her. She still looked horrible and was all wet, but suddenly after seeing the airship, everything was wonderful! She still feeled like in heaven and started to skip with her two bags toward the first door she saw. Not like she would have know where to go now, but not like she would have even cared. All she could think about was airships and flying! She opened the door: "Not my room!" and went to another one. Before opening the second door, she noticed a text above the 3rd door. "Library!"
"Library= books about airships... for free!" She calculated in her mind and her smile became even bigger and her eyes sparkled even more and more! She dropped her bags (oh my, they're stolen one day for sure!) and run into the library.
Bon noticed a librarian arranging the books (only librarians can do that, right?) instantly and ran to her just to make herself look stupid:
"AIRSHIPS, AIRSHIPS!!!" she yelled and waved her hands.

Last edited by Isendor; 08-05-2009 at 06:40 PM..

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 08-05-2009, 06:55 PM

Lilee looked at the girl who was screaming airships. "Shh, are you looking for books about airships?" she asked quietly. Trying to calm down the soaked girl. She wasn't sure what to do, Lilee wasn't use to very loud people, and started to get uncomfortable. So she brought the girl over the shelf where all the books about airships were, and decided to let the her look. Lilee lingered, just in case she was needed.

Last edited by ClockReject; 08-05-2009 at 08:07 PM..

Isendor
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2009, 07:05 PM

What a heaven! A whole bookself full of airship books! Bonnedon crossed her hands and just stared the books for a moment. "Thank you!" she whispered and with shivering hands, she took one book out from the self. "You have... all from Ronald E. Twing? The whole serie?" Don Bon had always admired him. He was one of the greatest airship engineers and Don Bon had only touched his books in the stores - her parents never allowed Bon to buy "such a trash" and now without her parents, she never had money to buy them. "And academy's airship, do you know anything about it?" she kept whispering and turned her smiling face to the librarian.

Last edited by Isendor; 08-05-2009 at 09:44 PM..

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 08-05-2009, 08:07 PM

Lilee watched the girl, and say her shivering hands, as she reached for one of the greatest series of all times. "Yes, yes we do have all of Ronald E. Twing" she said, as she could see the admiration in girls eyes. She then asked about the Academies Airship, Lilee had to think for a minute, "We might.. I'll have to check.." she replied, then with the flick of her hand a couple books floated down from the top of the shelf. "Ah yes, here you go." she said as she handed the books over to the girl.

Isendor
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2009, 08:17 PM

Bon took the books that the librarian handed over. "Ooh, books about academy's airship... Can I take all of these? I mean the whole bookself?" She makes a small laugh and continues: "Or maybe if I just take these as the beginning. Do I need to fill any papers or something? I just came here so I have no idea how things work. And where is my room? Do I need to sign up somewhere? How can I get the airship's keys? Where are the bathrooms? When can I start studying? What kind of teachers you have here?" Again, Don Bon got lost into her own huge world and just bombed the poor librarian with questions! She didn't even understand to leave breaks for librarian to answer!

Last edited by Isendor; 08-05-2009 at 09:43 PM..

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 08-05-2009, 08:58 PM

Lilee stared at the girl in amazement, she didn't know someone could ask so many things all in one breathe. Trying to remember everything, "Well, you just have to give me your number, and I can run these through the computer for you. Uhm, the room are just down the hall [I Think] and I don't think you need to sign up, I think they are already assigned, you can probably go to the office, which is by the front of the school." Stopping to thinking again. "I'm not sure about the keys, you could ask the office. The bathrooms are connected to the dorms, you can study in here if you like, and the teachers are great!" she replied, then thinking "I think that's about everything, plus the headmistress is right over there" pointing to the window where she was sitting. Continuing, "But get the books that you want, then come see me at the desk." Lilee replied smiling.

She went back over to her desk then watched the girl as she picked out a couple books. She's so mysterious, and so out there. Lilee thought to herself.

Isendor
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2009, 09:13 PM

Actually Bon picked up LOADS of books! Her face disappeared behind them when she walked toward the librarian's desk (or where she assumed it to be) and behind the pile, she kept talking to the librarian: "Njah, I think I should go eat first. That headmaster wont be gone that fast". Don Bon dropped the heavy pile on the desk and continued: "Which means that I have no idea what my number is, so just beeb these to Bonnedon Platinum"
Nyah nyah, soon I'll fly with my own airhip! Bon thought and started to hum a children's song. She had always liked them, older people's songs tended to be so... determinated.

Last edited by Isendor; 08-05-2009 at 09:43 PM..

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 08-05-2009, 09:28 PM

Wow, so many books, she's like me that way Lilee thought. "Reading is just wonderful," Looking over to where the Headmistress was sitting, "No she probably wont go anywhere, this is one of her favorite spots," she said smiling, "Oh, I forgot, if you tell me your name I can check in papers..." stopping a minute to realize "I haven't fully introduced myself, I'm Lilee the Librarian, as you have already figured out." Smiling she listened to the girl hum the children's song she knew a little too well.

Isendor
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2009, 09:41 PM

"Hah, I quess I have to make a proper introduction. My parents always complained about my manners."
She took a step aside from the desk and standed with a serious face. She bowed very rigidly: "Bonnedon Platinum, the daughter of Baron Platinum and Rosemary Platinum, the main owners of GunShot Inc and blah blah blah..." Her serious face turned into a pleasant smile. "I should have an account in the England's Great Library, I hope it is accepted here."
Then Bon picked up all the books and headed to the hallway. By the door she turned around to say: "Oh yeah, nice to meet you!" And she leaves. In the hallway, she faced another problem. How to drag the bags to a dining room (where ever that is) with all these books?

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 08-05-2009, 10:12 PM

Lilee watched in amusement, as the Bonnedon made her "proper" introduction and the end she couldn't help giggle aimlessly. "Well, cause you are a student, you will be accepted here no matter what" she said as she found her number, and put all the books through. "There you go." she said, as the girl picked up all the books and left to go into the hall.

What, a very interesting girl. She thought to herself, as she decided to go straighten up some more shelves. Humming to herself, as she went through the aisles flicking her hand, to make all the books straighten up. I should maybe find something to read myself, she turned around and went back to her favorite section, and picked up a book about the future, then got comfortable in her chair and started to read.

dianakitsune
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-05-2009, 11:42 PM

Marcella yawned as she left her class room. She was exhausted. "Teach and sleep," That's all I seem to do lately. She sighed as she slowly dragged herself across the floor.

Now that Ace had a good look at some of the girls, he decided to go read a book at the library. It was his favorite spot besides the girl's locker room. He chuckled at himself as he entered the library. Water dripping off his clothes for he didn't care about getting wet. He was sure the librarian would be mad, but she wasn't anywhere to be seen, well at least where he was, and made himself and home on the floor. He yanked the first book he saw off of the shelf and began to read.

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 08-05-2009, 11:46 PM

Lilee had fallen asleep without even realizing it. Oh crap, she thought to herself as she heard the library door open, then close. She picked up the book, she had been reading and placed it back on the bookshelf. Maybe, I should do a quick check around the library, she said out loud.

As she turned around a bookshelf, and say a young man sitting on the floor soaking wet. "Excuse me, but your all wet, here" she snapped her fingers and a towel came towards her, then dropped into her hand. She passed it to him, "Use this until you dry off, please?"

dianakitsune
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-06-2009, 12:00 AM

"Well aren't you cute," Ace grinned taking the towel. He was expecting some old lady with glasses or a slutty one. He read too much.

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 08-06-2009, 12:14 AM

"Oh," Lilee said surprised, blushing a little. "You should be more careful around the books," she said, staring at the boy, not really knowing what to say. "Oh, I'm Lilee. I'm the librarian. So if you need anything just come find me." She said as she turned to walk away.

dianakitsune
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-06-2009, 12:46 AM

"She's cute," Ace chuckled as he watched her leave remember her offer that if he needed anything to come find her. "I wonder if that's an invitation," He grinned and ended up forgetting about the book in his hands. He was too busy thinking of her reaction to him asking to drink her blood or maybe to do something dirty. He grinned at that thought and sighed knowing that it would probably freak her out since she seemed kind of shy. He needed to find a stubborn one that could handle his joking.

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 08-06-2009, 01:00 AM

Needless to say, she was kinda lost, almost thrown off balance from the young man. Lilee lurked in the aisles close to where he sat, she was intrigued by him, Lilee had never met anyone like him before. God, what's wrong with me, I am part of the staff, and he is obviously a student. Wrong, wrong, wrong. With such frustration Lilee turned to leave, and hit a bookshelf, knocking over some books. Trying to hurry she snapped her fingers, and the books returned to their places.