Nahalie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-23-2008, 09:40 AM

(forgive the nudness of my avatar :p)
hardest for me are hands/foot and hips sometimes
the neck is hard to understand too sometimes
people wanted me to do a tutorial but i allways forget about it xD

folds are fun to draw *w*

you'll see soon by yourself because i'm certainly going to open an art auction ^^
here is my art http://barbariank.deviantart.com/gallery/

SleepyHead
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-24-2008, 01:51 AM

Hands.
It's because they
re so small and intricate, and I'm not the kind of person that likes to spend a lot of time on small details. (Unless it's painting)

Sanctuary
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-25-2008, 05:18 AM

Hair, hands, ankles, wrists, anatomy generally, oh my! xD

I can never seem to draw as well as I want to.

citron
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-25-2008, 09:16 AM

For me, I think the hardest thing to draw are hair, lips, and boobies. I can draw hair fine when it's straight, but when it's made all curly with the crazy complicated updos and ribbons that I get frustrated. Lips are alright, I just take forever to decide on a style like how it should be in relation to the character's current mood. I always thought boobs hard to draw. I never really knew how to draw them, so I always drew my characters kinda flat. :sarcasm:

Vitorai
*^_^*

Old 07-27-2008, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizspit View Post
Deffinately the eyes for me. I alwayse over think them, should i make them bigger for more emotion? Should i make them smaller to look more realistic? Should i use angles or curves? anime' style, disney or realism? Why can't i seem to get them the same size ever? And pupil positioning on 3/4 veiw.

here are a couple 'how to draw hand' tutorials i found if anyone is interested

ttp://www.deviantart.com/deviation/35494492/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/37882731/
It really depends on what style you're trying to draw for eyes, if you're going for a chibi it would genneraly go large as possible, if you're going for a more realistic look you try to draw each eye half an eyes length from the sides of the face and one eyes width from each other. I found that drawing people from random magzines eyes helps find the exact size and different shapes a ton.

If you're talking about anime it would vary what your style is. For example eyes from Inuyasha are much larger and less realistic than eyes from death note.

Personally I find hands, lips ears, and parts of arms hard to draw. I tend to make the arms the wrong size more than half the time. The strange thing is I can draw feet but not shoes.

I found this site very helpful for hands: http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~zm5s-nkm...MYfAi-JdKXa2Mw

Google translated it for me, here's the translated link if it works: http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl...MYfAi-JdKXa2Mw

Winnsome
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Winnsome Send a message via MSN to Winnsome

Old 08-01-2008, 01:48 AM

I have a hard time with hands that aren't spread outttt. and. necks, hahahaha.

Volucria
*^_^*

Old 08-03-2008, 10:43 PM

I forgot to mention cheeks. @_@ They either look too puffy or too hollow for the character I'm drawing. Noses are pretty hard too, especially in front view.

Oh, and lips in profile. I hate lips in profile, they always look humongous when I draw them.

Kiyo Trishna
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Kiyo Trishna Send a message via Yahoo to Kiyo Trishna

Old 08-04-2008, 07:56 AM

Hands!
I've always had trouble with hands, sometimes I can draw them, sometimes I can't.....it's usually the latter. ^^
Sad thing is I can sculpt them fine >>
I think for most artist the hands can be the most difficult, don't know why but it's a step some come over in little and others what would seem like forever......like me T_T

Goldenapple
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-06-2008, 06:21 AM

It used to be every part of the body that flummoxed me every time I drew XD

But now it has simmered down to feet and the head (including ears).
I used to never draw the feet; most of the people that I drew had long skirts, dresses, shoes, or robes.
I've gotten better through practice and studying the shapes of head and feet, however those segments still give me great trouble. I try to draw them now, so I force myself to improve. For the most part, I just draw the simplest shape hoping that it looks decent with the rest of the body.

Monstryk
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2008, 04:42 AM

Faces!

I'm fine with everything else, as long as I have something to look at to emulate, I usually don't have a problem with the rest of the body.

But when it comes to faces, I can never get them to be proportioned, or just... look human.

raindroproses
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2008, 05:08 AM

For some reason I always have a problem with feet and EARS! I hate making ears look realistic because of all the indents and curves in them! Plus they're hard to make equal... same goes with eyes. I tend to have a hard time with men's lips too because they always wind up looking too feminine :P I'm just not great at drawing people realistically, haha.

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-10-2008, 05:19 AM

Ears and genitals, especially the males' genitals. What can I say?...it doesn't help that I don't own a set of them.
The genitals part is easy, I just don't draw them much.
So far I've only drawn one nude male person char and he was drawn from the back.With people, they are generally clothe so it's usually a non issue.

Ears are another matter..Haven't solved that one yet. Can cover them with hair sometimes, that works well.
I'll tackle this matter when I return to doing artworks, hopefully soon.

Last edited by Claudia; 08-10-2008 at 05:23 AM..

Amurita
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-10-2008, 06:20 AM

The hands and feet are hard for me. It's hard to draw them in a correct positions, especially the fingers and toes. I'd also say ears and nose though i usually simplify them, and also getting the eyes level and symmetrical.

[Silhouette]
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-13-2008, 09:51 PM

Feet, or very hard poses to draw.

Hands are challenging as well, but I take every chance to draw and practice at it. There won't be any improvement if you avoid what you're weakest at.

PS: And ears, people usually avoid that too, or draw simplistic figures of it.

Last edited by [Silhouette]; 08-13-2008 at 09:54 PM..

Guivre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Guivre Send a message via Yahoo to Guivre

Old 11-26-2008, 09:24 PM

We are largely ignoring noses. :o People can get away with drawing just a suggestion of them in stylized drawings (heck just look at the characters at the top of this page) but they used to be considered difficult.

Oh, and this isn't an advice thread per se but I wanted to mention, if you're learning art, don't try to hide things you can't draw (or draw well). It's really transparent and you'll do better to tackle the issue. You know a lot of it is just practice.

chuchutrain
Send a message via MSN to chuchutrain

Old 11-29-2008, 05:13 AM

The hands. The feet. The ears. The nose. The shoulders. I fail in them all. XD

My friends says they're fine, but I can never be satisfied with one picture. There's always SOMETHING wrong. D<

Pinkleberry

Old 11-29-2008, 08:29 PM

I think the human body in general is pretty hard to draw. XD

Hands, hip/leg placement are particularly hard for me. Feet are also hard for me but I rarely draw people bare feet.

As far as realism goes I think the nose is really really hard...that and muscled..arms/legs.

plxx

Old 12-02-2008, 06:06 PM

The thing i struggle most with is arms. i have no trouble personally with hands or elbows or shoulder but i can never get arms right, hehe. in general i am okay with everything else, but also sometimes the shape of the head can bother me too or also i sometime have trouble with placement of the face on the head, making it too low or high TuT
i love to make faces though, hehe.

Glitter Golgotha
lonesome and loathsome

Old 12-03-2008, 08:00 AM

Feet, feet, feet, feet! >.< Oh, I hate to draw feet. I don't care much for the bare-footed look anyway, so it rarely comes up, but that's part of the problem: no practice. It's the toes that really trip me up for some reason. They're just so . . . stumpy. I want to think of a hand when I draw a foot because they have a similar feel to them, but lard knows that doesn't work out so well.

gunned
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-03-2008, 11:06 AM

the legs.

PS my sister is here reading my comments so sorry if my replies are so short. SHES SO RUDE! RIGHT!!

Inkjection
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-05-2008, 07:48 PM

I have problems with hands. They always look so weird, like they've been caught in a shredder or they've been plumped with air.

Shadowedfire_Wolf
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Shadowedfire_Wolf

Old 12-10-2008, 01:57 AM

i'm sorely joining the thread late into the game and I dunno if anyone's said this already but I have trouble drawing faces and feet. I can do hands alright as long as its not TOO detailed but otherwise...getting the face in the correct position and feet are just....horrible for me! Its probably cause I have a problem with position and proportions >.< Any advice for faces would be lovely!

Aeternaexe

Old 12-10-2008, 06:21 PM

I always have problems with the hands. I tend to draw cartoons, so if they're slightly larger or smaller than anatomic hands, then it's not an issue. I also detest drawing male figures. I simply cannot get the proportions..

PkingSora
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-11-2008, 01:04 AM

I am sure you all have heard this..but for me, its the hans.. something about them. The way they move, bend turn hold etc etc. I have the basic idea and shape of them down. but when it comes to changing that shape. my brain just EXPLODES!

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 12-11-2008, 06:43 PM

I practiced a lot so hands aren't the hardest. I have to say noses in profile. They always come out really weird!