*^_^*

Old 08-05-2007, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangacatgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamEmpress
Quote:
I don't care for metal, myself. Yesterday I went to a bar where they had some live local metal bands playing and I was really annoyed for most of the night ^.^; It just doesn't sound like music to me... Sorry. Not that I have any problem with anyone else liking it, however >.>; My friend's fiance plays bass in a metal band, so...
You have not heard many metal bands. Most people awsome it is loud and does not have musical qualities. In fact there is a few genres of metal with classical and opera influence. If you really look into bands like Symphony X and Blind Guardian you will find harmony and amazing guatar work. Symphony X is more on the lines on bands like Dream Theater or Rush and Blind Guardian is more Power Metal.

I suggest people look into metal and not listen to local bands version of metal. >< People assume metal sounds the same and it doesn't.
I have heard a lot of variety... don't assume I haven't I've heard local bands and the big names as well. I even used to work in a store that played almost nothing but metal all day... Every day I went home with a headache. The reason I don't like the music isn't because I haven't heard the bands you like... It's because I don't like the music... Not every genre appeals to every person... Country music makes me nauseous... Literally... I have no clue why. My friend listens to metal all the time and I have to try to tune it out because it makes my head hurt.
I never consider a lot of metal to be that loud or heavy. Prog. Metal has the same concept of Prog. Rock but a little more faster and a little heavy (not much). Some of neo classical roots as well.

Most of the bands don't get played often on radio, locally or even in stores. A lot of what is normally played is more of the popular genres of metal. That is why most people find it to be annoying.

mangacatgirl
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-06-2007, 12:11 AM

Well, I'm sorry... I just don't care for it... Country, Techno, Grunge, Metal... there are many genres I don't find personally appealing. I'm all for other people liking them... but myself... I prefer classical music, and what's now considered "the golden oldies"... Music from the 40s-60s mostly... Mama Cass, Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, Shirley Temple and what not... So it seems perfectly understandable that more "harsh" forms of music wouldn't appeal to me. But to each his own...

DreamEmpress
*^_^*

Old 08-06-2007, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Well, I'm sorry... I just don't care for it... Country, Techno, Grunge, Metal... there are many genres I don't find personally appealing. I'm all for other people liking them... but myself... I prefer classical music, and what's now considered "the golden oldies"... Music from the 40s-60s mostly... Mama Cass, Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, Shirley Temple and what not... So it seems perfectly understandable that more "harsh" forms of music wouldn't appeal to me. But to each his own...
Classical is always good. Many styles of music use classical especially metal. Though I guess it is more harsher then most. There is a handful of songs that use classical roots and still are metal... Just not as loud or harsh. Very much into vocalizing and harmony. It depends on the genre of metal.

I am not big on growling or harsh vocals in metal (besides a handfull of bands). I prefer singing and harmonies.

ElendarSilvermoon
*^_^*

Old 10-14-2007, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljosberinn
Cookie monster vocals made me giggle. :lol:

Can anyone recommend me any good symphonic, gothic or folk metal, please? I don't think I know many enough but would love to get some more.
Symphonic/Gothic

Rhapsody of Fire
Dragonland
Fairyland
Dark Moor
Tristania
Sirenia
Leaves Eyes
Nightwish
Imperia
Dimmu Borgir
Dragonlord