Astromantic
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Astromantic Send a message via MSN to Astromantic

Old 10-31-2007, 03:14 AM

The Weakerthans is by all-time favorite band. They're an indie band from Canada. I don't think they are that well known, but from what I know, they have 4 albums out. Their songs are very mellow, and the lyrics are so poetic. I listen to them any time I can in any mood I'm in. To me, their music is simply perfect. <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A927zcSSw2s (a video that I did not make which uses my favorite Weakerthans song, "Aside")
http://www.myspace.com/theweakerthans (has some of their new songs up)

Snarry
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-31-2007, 03:25 AM

I've actually never listened to any of their songs...but I'll definitely have to check them out sometime. ^^

Thanks.

Astromantic
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-31-2007, 03:31 AM

Aside has a lot of really good imagery in the lyrics. >w< I love scribbling the song lyrics down when I'm bored, hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weakerthans
Measure me, in metered lines and one decisive stare, the time it takes to get from here to there. My ribs that show through t-shirts and these shoes I got for free, I'm unconsoled, I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

Terrified of telephones and shopping malls and knives, drowning in the pools of other lives. Rely a bit too heavily on alcohol and irony, get clobbered on by courtesy, in love with love and lousy poetry.

And I'm leaning on this broken fence between past and present tense. And I'm losing all those stupid games that I swore I'd never play. But it almost feels okay.

Circumnavigate this body of wonder and uncertainty. Armed with every precious failure, and amateur cartography. I'm breathing deep before I spread those maps out on my bedroom floor.

And I'm leaning on this broken fence between past and present tense. And I'm losing all those stupid games that I swore I'd never play. But it almost feels okay.

And I'm leaving, wave good-bye. And I'm losing, but I'll try with the last ways left to remember, sing my imperfect offering.
@ 0@; <333

Astromantic
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-31-2007, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarry
I've actually never listened to any of their songs...but I'll definitely have to check them out sometime. ^^

Thanks.
Please do. <3 They're definitely worth a listen. (: I mean, I didn't think I'd like them so much when I first heard them. xD

xR A I N B O W LoveX
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to xR A I N B O W LoveX

Old 10-31-2007, 03:44 AM

If their from Canada they'll be awesome, cause Canada is an awesome country. lolol. xD

Astromantic
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-31-2007, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xR A I N B O W LoveX
If their from Canada they'll be awesome, cause Canada is an awesome country. lolol. xD
Sure is. XD A lot of my favorite music artists and awesome friends of mine come from Canada. I wish I lived in America's hat sometimes. :B