poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 03-21-2007, 09:56 PM

What song do you feel you can most relate to? Is there more than one? What about that song do you feel fits you the most? Is there any part that doesn't fit you? Where did you first hear it? When did you first realize that it was a song you could relate to? Do you take comfort in this song? Does it maybe hit too close to home and make you feel even more emotional? Post some lyrics, tell us about which are your favorite parts and why!

Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda
The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 03-21-2007, 10:57 PM

Haha, for me that changes about every 5 minutes. My life is very governed by my music and my moods by the music. I am an absolute music WHORE to listens to everythign and anything, from being exposed to by my parents as a child, to being sent random different things by friends online and looking up what appealed to me to hear more in that style.

As of right now I've been gravitating around the song Girl Anachronism by he Dresden Dolls, though. It's even my ring tone. I'm not sure if I have the lyrics saved on my computer right now or not. >_>

Alain
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Alain

Old 03-21-2007, 11:13 PM

• Mine would be Asleep In the Chapel by Thursday. I really don't have a need for organized religion, but I'm going through catechism because my mom would like it & she's done so much for me. I feel kind of trapped by it

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 03-21-2007, 11:17 PM

Nice song.

I quite love The Mars Volta, btw. Heh, nearly chose Televators.

Alain
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-21-2007, 11:17 PM

• Tetragrammaton is about an inner struggle between the popular idea of a God & and individual's perception of their God. I had this problem for a while until I finally decided it didn;t matter; if there is a God, I'll deal with him when I get to him xD

It's kind of long so I'll put it in tiny font @___@

Alain
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-21-2007, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda
Nice song.

• Televators would be a good one if you have random thoughts of jumping off of bridges. Or are an evil cartoon animal xD

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 03-21-2007, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain
Quote:
Nice song.

• Televators would be a good one if you have random thoughts of jumping off of bridges. Or are an evil cartoon animal xD
The former quite often, the latter not so much. xD

Alain
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-21-2007, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain
Quote:
Nice song.

The former quite often, the latter not so much. xD
  • Hah, I'm with you there xD Except I look a bit like Eeyore

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 03-21-2007, 11:27 PM

I always loved Eeyore.

Actually, on days like today, anything nice and loud fits my theme song quite well. PROVIDED it also has intelligent lyrics. Nothing all screamy, I hate my life. I thrive on witty lyrics, because I just feel they express your moods so much better than something that just sounds good cause it rhymes. xD;

Alain
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-22-2007, 12:01 AM

Quote:
I always loved Eeyore.

Actually, on days like today, anything nice and loud fits my theme song quite well. PROVIDED it also has intelligent lyrics. Nothing all screamy, I hate my life. I thrive on witty lyrics, because I just feel they express your moods so much better than something that just sounds good cause it rhymes. xD;
  • I know what you mean, tho I'm the exact opposite today. I have such a headache I can barely even listen to The Beatles before popping a few Advils xD

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 03-22-2007, 12:04 AM

Oh, I have those days as well. I like to sit back with some orchestral or piano music or likewise softer stuff those days.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 03-22-2007, 12:18 AM

Basket Case - Green Day

Do you have the time to listen to me whine about nothing and everythign all at once?

Just a Girl - No Doubt

I'm just a girl, so pretty and petite, so don't let me have any rights - oh, I've had it up to here ... I'm just a girl - lucky me - tweedle dum, there's no comparison

409 In Your Coffeemaker - Green Day

I sit in the state of a daydream, with all of your words flying over my head...

She's a Rebel - Green Day

She sings the revolution

Who Wrote Holden Caulfield - Green Day

There's a boy who fogs his mind and now he's getting lazy there's no motivation and frustrationi makes him crazy, he makes a plan to take a stand but always ends up sitting, someone help him up or he is gonna end up quitting

That's all I feel like putting in for now x3.

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 03-22-2007, 12:28 AM

Some good choices, poet`s. =3 I'm amused I'm recognizing all the songs so far. xD

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-22-2007, 12:29 AM

Haha.. well, mine are for the most part pretty mainstream so it's not surprising :3.

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 03-22-2007, 12:31 AM

True enough. xD

Ahh, the lyrics to Girl Anachronism, by The Dresden Dolls, before I forget.

I don't think I can pick out any one line here as the entire song just applies very well. I'm prone to randomly shouting "Behold the world's worst accident! I am the girl anachronism!" however. :lol:

http://www.lyricsbox.com/dresden-dol...m-b2c3r92.html

Claha
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Claha

Old 03-22-2007, 01:56 AM

Only one song I'm actually willing to post. . . That would be In Vain by D'espairs Ray.

Nobody can fill my ego.
Nobody can violate me.
Nobody can do my style.

I relate to this song because. . . well, as of late I've been feeling as if I'm being replaced by various people in certain things. As an offspring, as a friend, as a loved one. And so. . . even if I am replaced, those people or things still won't be me. Nobody can do my style.
Also, the violate part relates to me because I was used quite a bit in the past by people I held close to my heart, and now I refuse to let that happen.

c: Yay?

Otohime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-22-2007, 02:13 AM

No posting full song lyrics please, only a couple lines or something. ^^;

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 03-22-2007, 07:24 AM

Mine would have to be I Love You (Miss Robot) by the Buggles... or any of their songs, really. Their songs about being assimilated and overwhelmed with machinery just fit me too well.

heather_54
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to heather_54 Send a message via Yahoo to heather_54

Old 03-22-2007, 11:43 PM

hmmm.. i think basically any song by Marilyn manson
mainly: Coma white, The Nobodies, a whole lot more and most people that dont like him usually think he's evil but alot of his lyrics are really touching especially if you find the one's that arent really popular by him that a kinda abandoned

here are a couple of lines of Coma White since i dont wanna spam: ><

Theres something cold and blank behind her smile
Shes standing on an overpass
In her miracle mile
You were from a perfect world
A world that threw me away today
Today to run away

A pill to make you numb
A pill to make you dumb
A pill to make you anybody else
But all the drugs in this world
Wont save her from herself

Ancasta
(¬º-°)¬

Old 03-23-2007, 10:17 AM

Oh gods, I could go on forever listing songs I've identified with at one time or another.

Well, for most of my life I've identified with Metallica's No Leaf Clover and the Unforgiven part one, and to a lesser extent part two. Yes, I was very pessimistic.

These days, I'd have to add Emilie Autumn's If You Feel Better to that short list of songs I always identify with.

If you feel better
Telling me I'm cruel
Saying I'm unfeeling
I don't mind
If it's necessary
If it helps you out
Crying that I'm heartless
It's alright

Apeiron
Tiger

Old 10-15-2007, 10:12 PM

"Queen's Misery" by
For My Pain... would be
my theme song to life.
They're not an emo
band though. Just
a project band.
Tuomas Holopainen is
the god of Metal.

Eileanora
'heaven is the feeling i get in ...
Send a message via AIM to Eileanora

Old 10-16-2007, 03:52 AM

Dark Shines by Muse, for when old emotions return.

Dark shines
Bringing me down
Making my heart feel sore

Thunder
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-17-2007, 07:10 PM

The song that I can really relate to at the moment is Hick Town by Jason Aldean.
'We let it rip when we got the money,
Let it roll, if we got the gas.
It gets wild, yeah, but that's the way we get down in a Hick Town.'

I'm just a poor ol' country girl, really. There's absolutely nothing to do around here unless you've got the money to buy things to entertain you, or the gas the get the heck out of here. We rarely have either, but when we do get some extra money to hook up a party, or gas to go out on the boat or something similar, we have one hell of a time. The whole song just sounds familiar. xD

Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-17-2007, 11:32 PM

Wasting my Hate by Metallica
I don't know why but the first part of the song kinda explains my issues of anger..I'm a nice person really it's just I have some management issues or at least that's what I've been told a few times.
"Good Day
I would do in the same
A smile to you
Don't waste
Waste your breath
Now I will waste my hate on you"
It's a fairly light song in the way of music.

Syrinx330
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-18-2007, 12:40 AM

xD I have many theme songs. And not that they have anything to specifically do with me.

I Wish I Had An Angel- Nightwish (My friend and I always joke about characters in this story that we had kept the idea going in, and my character is an angel.)
Angels- Within Temptation
The Escapist- Nightwish (It talks about a Nightingale, and I was the Nightingale of Samarkand in Once Upon a Mattress)

On the topic of our characters, my friend is supposed to be my evil twin, a demon, so her theme song is Planet Hell from Nightwish. We always joked about writing a musical with the music of Nightwish to the plot of our story, and we had our theme songs from that.