Caroline
stay gold

Old 04-01-2007, 01:04 AM

Marilyn Manson seems to be one of those controversial bands people either love or hate.

Personally, they have been my favourite band since seventh grade, and that is saying a lot since my musical tastes and style have changed drastically since my "goth" phase in middle school. :lol: I love Manson's cryptic nature. Many of his lyrics allude to religion, historical events, and the arts, including film. The band also puts on an amazing show live; I saw them twice on the Against All Gods Tour. <3

So, what do you all think about Marilyn Manson, the band and the man? Genius or just plain weird?

Lennifer
*^_^*

Old 04-01-2007, 11:46 AM

• Genius <3 Marilyn manson the band and the person. <3

I love the band, I was desparate to go see him live this year at the Download festival XD (But I think I'm going to glastonbury intead.)

I love marilyn manson's lyrics, and the mad music <3 (as well as it can be good for annoying my parents XD)

I liked manson when I was 12 or something, and I still like him now, i'm more into the music now then I was, but even though i love metal, and music like that I like dance and rave every now and them (XD)

He might be wierd, but I think it's awesome, me and my friends have had many funny conversations about many of his music videos. <3

Claha
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Claha

Old 04-01-2007, 06:25 PM

Augh. . . I love Marilyn Manson. Dx; Surprisingly, my parents helped to get me interested in his music. I personally think he's a genius. The lyrics he comes up with are brilliant, and he has a great voice {and is rather attractive to me}. xD;

sychobunny
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-01-2007, 09:51 PM

My opinions of manson are pretty moderate. I like some of the music. I don't consider him to be a genius, but I do think he knows how to market his product well.

misted tears
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to misted tears Send a message via Yahoo to misted tears

Old 04-01-2007, 11:15 PM

Genius! My brother actually got me into that kind of music during his "goth" fase. I've been hooked on it ever since. His lyrics, and just the music in general, are incredible.

Caroline
stay gold

Old 04-02-2007, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennifer
  • Genius <3 Marilyn manson the band and the person. <3

I love the band, I was desparate to go see him live this year at the Download festival XD (But I think I'm going to glastonbury intead.)

I love marilyn manson's lyrics, and the mad music <3 (as well as it can be good for annoying my parents XD)

I liked manson when I was 12 or something, and I still like him now, i'm more into the music now then I was, but even though i love metal, and music like that I like dance and rave every now and them (XD)

He might be wierd, but I think it's awesome, me and my friends have had many funny conversations about many of his music videos. <3
I first heard about him sometime in elementary school, but I was also twelve when I started listening to his music. ^^
His videos are definitely interesting, especially the banned video for (s)AINT. xD My favourite is the Coma White video based on President Kennedy's assasination.
I totally recommend seeing Manson live if you get the chance.

Claha ||
Oh, that's cool :) My mom always tells me he's weird, haha. But yes, I do think he is rather good-looking X)

sychobunny ||
Shock and controversy certainly does sell well.

misted ||
Hee, it seems like a lot of people discover his music during an awkward "goth" phase and continue to like him after they grow out of the phase.

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 04-02-2007, 01:32 PM

• I think I've been a 'fan' of his since I was like...6.
    You see, I was introduced to an Australian Radio Station called 'Triple J' around that age (my fathers attempt to ‘save’ me from pop), and they played (or still do really) just about anything that isn't too mainstream.

I grew up on a steady diet of Manson, Placebo, Silver Chair and The Prodigy (+ a lot more), so naturally, I have a certain...'fondness' for them (Manson and Placebo where pretty much my 'Spice Girls').

Now days, I'm still a fan of Manson (and the others).
    I had a slight obsession (read. HUGE ANNOYING INFACTUATOIN) with the band last year, but now I'm more of a 'fan' then a Mansonite (I still have a huge-o box full of posters and magazine pages though xD).

I'm fascinated by the themes in their/ his music, and find some of the references just..well. brilliant . Or at least very interesting and thought provoking xD. (The Nachtkabarett is a great site that explains alot of his material and references).

I'd love to see one of his live shows, particularly from the GGG tour.
    But maybe (but probably not) he'll do an all ages Australian show.
    but i lawl at that. and I lawwwl even more at the thought of any adult I know driving me the 8-9 hours to get to the show xD

and then we have the all mighty ‘new album’. Ohmy. :”O

Caroline
stay gold

Old 04-02-2007, 05:07 PM

Ooh, you grew up on good music! XD

I love the Nachtkabarett and its archives of old Manson sites. <3

Maybe this summer (or winter for you, I think) you could go on a vacation to Europe or America that just happens to coincide with a concert date? ;)

I initially read on the Heirophant that the new album, Eat me, Drink Me, would be released sometime near the end of March, but the confirmed release date now seems to be in June. I can't wait to hear it though. Apparently it is a bit more like the Mechanical Animals Era but still different from much of Manson's old stuff.

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 04-02-2007, 09:36 PM

• <3 I did xD

ohiwish. That would be amazing, and just plain rad.
    But Glam = having 'prior commitments' xD

SOMEDAY~

Mm. I read the same things. I was quiet excited about the March date, but the June sounds...nice. It's making me wonder about the significance of the date in June (because when has he done anything that does have some deep and meaningful...meaning).

I'm really quiet curious about the new album’s sound, and the 'concept'.
    And looks like we get a single before the album at least - according to the Heirophant, mid. April is when the first single is due out.

Yay~

Chib
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-06-2007, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glammy

• I think I've been a 'fan' of his since I was like...6.
    You see, I was introduced to an Australian Radio Station called 'Triple J' around that age (my fathers attempt to ‘save’ me from pop), and they played (or still do really) just about anything that isn't too mainstream.

I grew up on a steady diet of Manson, Placebo, Silver Chair and The Prodigy (+ a lot more), so naturally, I have a certain...'fondness' for them (Manson and Placebo where pretty much my 'Spice Girls').

Now days, I'm still a fan of Manson (and the others).
    I had a slight obsession (read. HUGE ANNOYING INFACTUATOIN) with the band last year, but now I'm more of a 'fan' then a Mansonite (I still have a huge-o box full of posters and magazine pages though xD).

I'm fascinated by the themes in their/ his music, and find some of the references just..well. brilliant . Or at least very interesting and thought provoking xD. (The Nachtkabarett is a great site that explains alot of his material and references).

I'd love to see one of his live shows, particularly from the GGG tour.
    But maybe (but probably not) he'll do an all ages Australian show.
    but i lawl at that. and I lawwwl even more at the thought of any adult I know driving me the 8-9 hours to get to the show xD

and then we have the all mighty ‘new album’. Ohmy. :”O
OHMYGODIWISHHEWOULD! ;__;

Do an all ages show, that is.
In Perth.
But nobody cool ever comes to Perth. ¬_¬
Well, hardly ever.

DeniedUltraSex
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to DeniedUltraSex

Old 04-07-2007, 05:51 AM

He's awesome. XD

Seriously, if you like rock, no reason you wouldn't like a couple of his songs. <3

He does cool cover songs. ;D

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 04-07-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chib

OHMYGODIWISHHEWOULD! ;__;

Do an all ages show, that is.
In Perth.
But nobody cool ever comes to Perth. _
Well, hardly ever.

• :"OOO
    uhuuh.
    someone came to perth.
    I can't remember who though. they were kinda lame I think >__>;

gah~! It'd be awesome if he did though.

It gives me images of a crowed full of 10 year olds going nuts over manson, with his normal band replaced by the Wiggles.
    ...and I have no idea why D:

DeniedUltraSex

His cover of 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' is terrifying.

Doodlekaboodle
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Doodlekaboodle

Old 04-07-2007, 06:13 PM

Genius!!
I practically worship Manson.
I love all of his music ..
He is a lord.

Caroline
stay gold

Old 04-10-2007, 07:00 AM

Oops I forgot about this thread. xD;

Updates~

The official US release date is June 5.
I suspect the date correlates with Robert Francis Kennedy's assassination in 1968. He was shot in the head twenty hours before he died at 1:44 A.M. on June 6.
Track listing:
1. If I Was Your Vampire
2. Putting Holes In Happiness
3. The Red Carpet Grave
4. They Said That Hell’s Not Hot
5. Just A Car Crash Away
6. Heart-Shaped Glasses (When The Heart Guides The Hand)
7. Evidence
8. Are You The Rabbit ?
9. Mutilation is the Most Sincere Form Of Flattery
10. You And Me And The Devil Makes 3
11. EAT ME, DRINK ME

You can listen to a short sample of the new single, "Heart Shaped Glasses (When the Heart Guides the Hand)" here at a French radio station called Le Mouv'. Thanks to The Heirophant for the link

Glammy, do you know where I can find the "Baby One More Time" cover? It sounds... interesting. o.o

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 04-10-2007, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline
Oops I forgot about this thread. xD;

Updates~

The official US release date is June 5.
I suspect the date correlates with Robert Francis Kennedy's assassination in 1968. He was shot in the head twenty hours before he died at 1:44 A.M. on June 6.
Track listing:
1. If I Was Your Vampire
2. Putting Holes In Happiness
3. The Red Carpet Grave
4. They Said That Hell’s Not Hot
5. Just A Car Crash Away
6. Heart-Shaped Glasses (When The Heart Guides The Hand)
7. Evidence
8. Are You The Rabbit ?
9. Mutilation is the Most Sincere Form Of Flattery
10. You And Me And The Devil Makes 3
11. EAT ME, DRINK ME

You can listen to a short sample of the new single, "Heart Shaped Glasses (When the Heart Guides the Hand)" here at a French radio station called Le Mouv'. Thanks to The Heirophant for the link

Glammy, do you know where I can find the "Baby One More Time" cover? It sounds... interesting. o.o

• - ___ - plz not have him go back to that singing style for the whole ablum. One or two tracks is fine. but duuude~ :complaincomplain:

ANYWAY.
    uuh. I think I found it using Ares. I'm not sure if it's still online there though~
    It was a long time ago I downloaded it @___@;

misaki_hatake
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-10-2007, 11:28 PM

i think hes looks grose, and he sings horrible live :wink:

Yumi Mei Flower
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to Yumi Mei Flower

Old 04-10-2007, 11:45 PM

Oh gosh... I can't stand him. I think he demands too much attention with the way he is. And it's horribly stupid how people say he's hot with out all the make up but I don't see it. I'm a girl and I can't even wear that much make up even when I was in my gothy phases.... You know even when I was gothy I still didn't like him..... You can be a different, original, unique individual with out being stupid about it.

heather_54
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to heather_54 Send a message via Yahoo to heather_54

Old 04-15-2007, 05:48 AM

i love MM the first time i was him was like when i was six at an ozz fest which i kinda weird having your parents take you to an ozz fest with millions of drunk wasted people and and i remember some band threw comdoms and i thought they were balloons because people were blowing them up xD. im kind of pissed since i cant actually remember most of him but that was when i fell in love with KISS. and i just love marilyn mansons ex base guitarist jeordie white or "twiggy"

Madness
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-16-2007, 12:54 AM

I'm not necessarily a fan but I like a few of his songs and I find his voice extremely appealing, it's interesting so I want to hear it. I've been obsessed with his version of This is Halloween.

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 04-16-2007, 07:42 AM

Gosh, some of you are reminding me of back in the day when i was a mansonite. I've more or less fell out of it. I first became a fan back when I was 12, and was watching the MTV 1997 VMA's. I still have that video on tape. I use to tape anything I could find of him at the time, and fr about a year, kept my love of him from my mom, thinking she would be offend by it. She wasn't.

For years, I was a huge devote follower. Checking the website every day or more. Loving him, buy anything with him part of it. Wanting to go to his shows, but since I lived in a small town and was poor, that did not happen till 2003 when i graduated.

The fucked up thing is, I could of seen him earlier, back with the the either mechinical animals or holywood tour. My dad lives in vegas and works at the mandal bay hotel. now during this tour, he stopped by there, played a small venue, and my dad tells me the day after he plays, that oh, he could of got free tickets to the show and given them to me. He just didn't tel me because he was pissed at me for a dessicion years early for not moving down to live with him. I'm still pissed about that.

So, yeah I've only seen the man once. I have everything he's put out, aside from some singles, all the VHS's and the 1 dvd, 4 of the Holywood lunchboxes, 2 of the 4, I think only 3 toys were released, and then some posters.

Hmm, I think now I go check the site out. I;ve kinda of fallen out of fandom. i probably should try and get back into it.

ladyshi
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-16-2007, 07:56 PM

Personally, I love Marlyn Manson, although he is no longer my absolute favourite singer ^_^

StripedSocks`
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-16-2007, 09:33 PM

I love Marilyn Manson. <333

Enniel
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-16-2007, 10:56 PM

too bad marilyn manson isnt a bad? but a singer?? i like him though, wasnt too fond of his first cd, smells like children, but the stuff that followed was pretty awsome :D

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 04-17-2007, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enniel
too bad marilyn manson isnt a bad? but a singer?? i like him though, wasnt too fond of his first cd, smells like children, but the stuff that followed was pretty awsome :D
Smells like Children was the second CD deary. The First one is "Portrait of an American Family". "Smells like Children" is remixes of most of those songs, recordings from his family and several covers. Techinically they put out cd's before Portrait, but that one is the first studio release CD.

Ayumui
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-08-2007, 09:00 PM

Yay! My favorite band (and artist) My teachers make little jokes here and there about the man himself. I'm looking forward to June 5th ^^

I was gonna start a thread but I though to go search first to make sure ;D My dream is for him to shake hands with my mother (who despises androgens)