RivekAilinar
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to RivekAilinar Send a message via MSN to RivekAilinar

Old 02-14-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Crackers View Post
An anatomy tutorial would be great. But, a word of caution. Being a mentor and teaching has a huge effect on the mentees. Make sure that you do indepth research on muscular and skeletal anatomy before you create the tutorial. I've seen many tutorials already that show the "building blocks" (like the skeletal gestures, etc.) Many of the "how to draw" methods are wrong and really hurt people trying to become artists. Anatomy is a tricky subject, I know that at this point in my career, I wouldn't be able to put together a good anatomy tutorial, since the human skeletal and muscular anatomy is so evasive, it seems. Or maybe it's because I copied "how to draw manga" techniques.
BEst thing I've done is take ELiot Goldfinger's book and make a complete muslce figure sculpture.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 02-15-2009, 08:19 AM

Platinumnum~ yesh... I thought art colleges don't like manga style?

Veritas
*^_^*

Old 02-15-2009, 08:01 PM

I wanna be a mentor, but it's kind of intimidating to fill out a form for it. <____<;; Not sure anyone would want to learn anything from me anyhow. XD

Umm... Maybe if someone is interested, I'll fill out the form and be able to take on a mentee?

OKAY FINE. XD

I'D LIKE TO BE AN ART MENTOR PLEASE!

Username:
Veritas
[Can call me V or Veri]

Small intro:
I'm currently going to school for game art and design, and before that, I took art classes all four years of high school. I spend a massive amount of my free time drawing. I like drawing figures, females, in particular. I still need work with enviro's, those aren't my strong point. I do most of my work digitally, in Painter, but I've recently started liking markers a lot.

Gallery:
www.vulpes-rex.com

www.vulpes-rex.deviantart.com

Availability:
Usually after 6pm CST, but that largely depends on homework loads during the week.

Mentees:
One at a time. Maaaybe two, but that's unlikely. x)

How to contact:
Private message. Maybe AIM.

Extra:
Mentee needs to be willing to spend a lot of time practicing, with or without me to nudge them to do it. It's the only way you're going to get better D:<
Preferably interested in semi-realism. >.>

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-16-2009, 01:52 AM

I love my college. The guys in the Digital Media department are all total geeks, and acknowledge manga and anime as an art form >w>

I had more traditional pieces in my portfolio as well, but most of it was manga.

Oh, Veritas, you know I love your art already XD

EDIT: Oh yeah, I just realized I have no mentor yet, so I CLAIM YOU. LOL

Veritas
*^_^*

Old 02-16-2009, 02:51 AM

Yayy. Okay. C:

I've never been a teacher before, so bear with me if things start a little slow. x)

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-16-2009, 02:55 AM

No problem! I'm pretty slow myself XD;;; *hides*

Veritas
*^_^*

Old 02-16-2009, 03:13 AM

So what exactly do you want to learn more about? Maybe if I know what you want to improve I can get an idea of where to start. Cx

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-16-2009, 03:22 AM

Well, right now I'm working on the basics: anatomy, composition, color, among a few other things. I was thinking that maybe I'd do some sketches and you'd help me improve them? I'm still working on developing a style I'm happy with (somewhere between anime, realism, and an odd BJD-esque feel, for whatever reason XD). I'll see when I can get a sketch to you.

Oh yeah, I'm also working on character designs. I keep changing them because I get dissatisfied. I'd like you to maybe crit those too?

I might throw thumbnails your way, as well ^^

Do you have any sort of IM? I'd like to keep in touch that way, if possible. Of course, you only have to give it to me if you're comfortable with that (via PM for the sake of privacy XD)

Veritas
*^_^*

Old 02-16-2009, 03:26 AM

Yes, AIM (preffered) or MSN.

Yeah, that sounds about right for me, too, actually. XD I'm just starting to settle into a style , but I like doing character designs as well. But yes, I would love to swap stuff and critique it. ^__^ I'm on AIM now if you want to send me a PM with your screen name <3

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-16-2009, 03:30 AM

I vaguely remember signing up for AIM, but can't remember my info, so I'll have to find it XD

I do have MSN though.

I'll try to remember my AIM as soon as I finish my laundry.

linkfreak131
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-16-2009, 04:27 AM

*knocks on Veri's head* Do you, perhaps, remember me? ^_^ I haven't seen you in a long time...

Veritas
*^_^*

Old 02-16-2009, 05:56 AM

Yeah, I remember you. :3 How are ya?

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-16-2009, 03:05 PM

I installed AIM >w<

I'll send you my e-mail in a bit ^^

linkfreak131
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-16-2009, 05:25 PM