Dead Account Holder

Old 04-19-2007, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplejesseh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermy
  • My art has never been stolen. I'm not that great at art. xD

What jesseh said.
loll i guess this works as an advantage?
Yeah. xDDDD

koji
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 04-19-2007, 06:40 AM

I had someone send me a note on Deviantart asking if I was a member of a site I didnt know and if I posted fanart of FF7 (it was my fanart but an american site).
I said no D: ..Someone stole my fanart and put it up XD but they were too dumb to know that the kanji on it was a signature >>;;...(my name )

xDark_Midnightx
⊙ω⊙
Banned
Send a message via MSN to xDark_Midnightx

Old 04-19-2007, 08:34 PM

I've never had art stolen..well I'm not really sure...I usually loose them instead, online, My art hasn't been credited for...but that's about it...my art's not that good to be stolen :oops:

tono
n/a
Send a message via AIM to tono

Old 04-22-2007, 07:09 PM

ahahahha plenty of times...

i get kinda pissed too....

cause i was gonna SELL them...grrrrr....

dannit...

Kasimir De
*^_^*

Old 04-22-2007, 07:27 PM

Nope, it has never happened to me yet....or at least I just haven't found it yet if in case someone would do that ^^;;; (which I kinda doubt they would xp )

One time a friend of mine found someone traced her work and submitted it into Gaia art arena :shock: It was really disgusting :x

DeniedUltraSex
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to DeniedUltraSex

Old 05-13-2007, 07:40 AM

Hmmm, my art sucks,
so I'm okay there. :lol:

Jaded Geisha
*^_^*

Old 05-13-2007, 07:49 AM

As far as I know no one has claimed to have drawn any of my stuff... But some girl once put a bunch of my art on her myspace without asking permission... I was flattered since I never thought my stuff was that great... But I was still forced to ask her to take them down... :oops:

Tre Le Coco

Old 05-13-2007, 09:13 AM

Currently going through one now, but i won't post any more about it till its dealt with XP

tenkabuto
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to tenkabuto Send a message via MSN to tenkabuto

Old 05-13-2007, 04:20 PM

I've had my art stolen a few times. I used to make really nice signature images and someone blurred out my name and put their on them. :x

Kanamo
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2007, 04:58 AM

Ah.. D: I had my art stolen a lot of times unfortunately. .__.

The first time was in real life when I sketched something out for a friend during art class. It was quick, light, and airy-something I really didn't care much about. Later, as I was leaving the class-I saw her hand it into the teacher, claiming it as her work. My heart dropped and I felt terrible. >.> When I confronted her about it after she received the picture back (she got a 100, go figure. D:!), she lied to me saying, "I don't know what you're talking about-I drew this." .______. !!

Other times online, it was just blantly taking my art and posting it where I say not to. xD Or sometimes they'll copy the pose/composition/idea and say they did all on their own without help. ><; If I had some credit, I wouldn't have minded?

Tobi
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2007, 06:49 PM

My artwork has been used before, but not stolen I don't think. D: I don't know of anyone who claimed my art to be their own... And I don't see why they would either, so I'm not suprised. XD

Kasana
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-21-2007, 07:22 AM

I've had a lot of my art stolen, mainly sketches of my characters; what they didnt realise is that I put a bug on the file to trace it hehe, I reported them for fraud lol.

sayuri_nitta
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to sayuri_nitta

Old 06-04-2007, 02:53 PM

Unfortunately yes, I got warned by someone that not only was a piece I'd done for an art contest being used as a person's avatar picture on some rp chat site, that they had named it after my Gaian username >_<
The character wasnt even mine which was even worse, like I said it was an art contest entry
I contacted a mod on the site they were displaying it on but they were damn useless..
It hasnt stopped me from displaying my art on Devart but I absolutely detest art thieves

Uthopia
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-06-2007, 01:34 AM

Actually once in 7th grade I was drawing, then I left for the bathroom and the bell rang. So I came back and found what I was drawing to be taken. Then several months later, I found my artwork in the hands of this wanna-be artist guy. So I basically snapped and tore my art from his hands. Yet, now that I look back, I think the whole thing was very silly. :o

MiroshaxKerry
*^_^*

Old 06-07-2007, 01:07 PM

Thats horrible :( no not as far as i know i sure hope not. >.<;;;

lots of japanese sites have art theft problems and close their sites down because people steal them/turn them into icons etc, and the japanese are very sensitive on that subject to. :(

honsetly.. people have no respect at all... the worst ones are those who claim it. >.<;;; EDIT: and thoses who edit the artworks to.

MiroshaxKerry
*^_^*

Old 06-07-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasana
I've had a lot of my art stolen, mainly sketches of my characters; what they didnt realise is that I put a bug on the file to trace it hehe, I reported them for fraud lol.

Hahahahahahaha xDDD good one lol, how'd you do it? maybe i should do it sometime.

most artist should do this i dont think watermark would even work eithier (i saw a stolen fanart before that had watermark on and they wiped it off >.<;; )

MiroshaxKerry
*^_^*

Old 06-07-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanamo
Ah.. D: I had my art stolen a lot of times unfortunately. .__.

The first time was in real life when I sketched something out for a friend during art class. It was quick, light, and airy-something I really didn't care much about. Later, as I was leaving the class-I saw her hand it into the teacher, claiming it as her work. My heart dropped and I felt terrible. >.> When I confronted her about it after she received the picture back (she got a 100, go figure. D:!), she lied to me saying, "I don't know what you're talking about-I drew this." .______. !!

Other times online, it was just blantly taking my art and posting it where I say not to. xD Or sometimes they'll copy the pose/composition/idea and say they did all on their own without help. ><; If I had some credit, I wouldn't have minded?
THAT sucks D: god >.<;; now this is the thing that i fear the most about them lot, how DARE!! they!!

did you tell your parents at least? or the head teacher?