Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-23-2007, 07:57 PM

i HAVE to use frames.. if i don't my anatomy goes from a bit off to WAY off *whimpers* and i always draw my stuff naked first and then start adding the clothes as i go

ProdigyBombay
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 08:14 PM

I think the thing is, that after you've drawn for a while, your brain starts getting automatic guidelines built into it...if that makes sense. XD

So when you step back and look at your picture, you notice, ah, ok, the torso is too short. Then, its up to your work ethic to see if you're not too lazy to fix the darn thing. haha.

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 03-23-2007, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyBombay
I think the thing is, that after you've drawn for a while, your brain starts getting automatic guidelines built into it...if that makes sense. XD

So when you step back and look at your picture, you notice, ah, ok, the torso is too short. Then, its up to your work ethic to see if you're not too lazy to fix the darn thing. haha.
Then ow come that hasn't happened to me? DX

ProdigyBombay
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fongmingyun
Quote:

Then ow come that hasn't happened to me? DX
um...mebbe practice more? *isshotded*

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 08:21 PM

In as completely unperverted a way as possible...

I paint people neked. o.O' And then I add cloth. It helps me to figure out how the cloth will bend and fold, depending on what type of cloth I want them to be wearing. ^^'''''''''

I don't mean like details like nipples and waist down and such; everything's pretty much like Barbie and Ken dolls, but like, I definately put body down first then figure out clothes from there. It helps me to remember what's behind, in front, etc. too.

I start with the head, then the torso, arms, legs, etc. It's a necessity if you're working with oils to do things in layer, so I put down a blob of peach-colored stuff, and then spread it till it fits the shape I want, and then while the peach paint is still wet I add dark and light and after everything's in I start to add detail to the face, usually starting with color differences like blush, or eyeshadow, highlights, so on so forth, then finish the lips, ears, and the eyes and eyebrows. Then clothes because hair is never under clothes, and then after clothes is done, hair. Though if the hair was long I will do the hair before the body, and then paint the hair over where the head prolly would've fitted, a little tiny bit outside the space of the head because hair is poofy, but also to give myself a color reference later, and then I wait till that dries then paint in the body.

In a weird way it's a little like paper dolls or something.

Tirael
*^_^*

Old 03-23-2007, 08:22 PM

8D;; STAND BACK FURTHER? 8D;;

Maybe everyone you know just have short torsos >D...

/stands behind PB in case of shooting/

scarlet: X'D I think that only works for things like CG and oils.... it doesn't exactly work if you're doing watercolors...

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 03-23-2007, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletStratholme
In as completely unperverted a way as possible...

I paint people neked. o.O' And then I add cloth. It helps me to figure out how the cloth will bend and fold, depending on what type of cloth I want them to be wearing. ^^'''''''''

I don't mean like details like nipples and waist down and such; everything's pretty much like Barbie and Ken dolls, but like, I definately put body down first then figure out clothes from there. It helps me to remember what's behind, in front, etc. too.

I start with the head, then the torso, arms, legs, etc. It's a necessity if you're working with oils to do things in layer, so I put down a blob of peach-colored stuff, and then spread it till it fits the shape I want, and then while the peach paint is still wet I add dark and light and after everything's in I start to add detail to the face, usually starting with color differences like blush, or eyeshadow, highlights, so on so forth, then finish the lips, ears, and the eyes and eyebrows. Then clothes because hair is never under clothes, and then after clothes is done, hair. Though if the hair was long I will do the hair before the body, and then paint the hair over where the head prolly would've fitted, a little tiny bit outside the space of the head because hair is poofy, but also to give myself a color reference later, and then I wait till that dries then paint in the body.

In a weird way it's a little like paper dolls or something.
*doodles in nipples for fun when he gets bored *huuhuu *pervert*

ProdigyBombay
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 08:28 PM

well, there's nothing wrong w/ drawing body first then clothing. XD It comes down to preference is all.

I just find it faster to directly draw clothing.

EDIT: D< WOEISAPERV

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-23-2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
well, there's nothing wrong w/ drawing body first then clothing. XD It comes down to preference is all.

It'd be faster for me, but so much uglier, lol.

*paints nipples onto PB's whalecow* Huuhuu!

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 08:39 PM

*lol* I used to have such huge problems painting in boobs. x_x'

I couldn't figure out how the hell to make them not stick out like balloons.

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-23-2007, 08:44 PM

Quote:
*lol* I used to have such huge problems painting in boobs. x_x'

I couldn't figure out how the hell to make them not stick out like balloons.
I think of them as water balloons attached to the pectoral muscles.

fun, fun, waterballoons. XD

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 08:47 PM

Mhm. I get that they hang down-ish, but how to connect them from top and bottom used to baffle me tons. ^^'

ProdigyBombay
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fongmingyun
Quote:

It'd be faster for me, but so much uglier, lol.

*paints nipples onto PB's whalecow* Huuhuu!
o.O;; nipples near my face. oh noes.

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-23-2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Mhm. I get that they hang down-ish, but how to connect them from top and bottom used to baffle me tons. ^^'
lol. *finds a model*

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 09:01 PM

The curve of them is really weird if you don't have any, you know? And it's not something you usually learn in art lessons, you just do oranges and apples. >.o' It's really awkward for guys to have to try to paint boobs, is all I've got to say. Prolly the understatement of the day.

Tirael
*^_^*

Old 03-23-2007, 09:04 PM

8DD...

BUY A BRA. STUFF SOME SOCKS IN EM. AND WEAR IT. Just make sure your roomate isn't around and the window shades are down.

*cough* DX just draw them lots I guess... get some photo models if nothing else. Woe said to think of them as waterballoons and that helps with the shape.

bluessence
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-23-2007, 09:08 PM

Or pick up a swimsuit issue callendar or something XD Seems like it shouldn't be hard for a guy to find references... Even if you don't have any of your own.

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 09:08 PM

"Heey Matt..come here a sec. Hold these waterballoons up to your chest for a sec, ok?...no no not like that..like this...yeah, just like that...I gotta draw something...why are you giving me that look? o.O' Heeey, wait, don't run off...!! Come baaaack. T___T'' At least gimme my balloons back dammit!"

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 09:09 PM

:) Yeah, I'm ok with them now...but a while back they were weird to draw. X3 Now it's ok.

Tirael
*^_^*

Old 03-23-2007, 09:11 PM

"WAIT!! Here's a device to help you hold them up ok? You just put it on like this and hook it together in the back. PERFECT."

lololol 8DD that would be one way to do it yes.

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 09:17 PM

^^ Heh. Mebies.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 03-23-2007, 11:16 PM

• Drawn people wise...I love eyes, hair and hands the most. When these features are well drawn, I'll swoon. <3

Other parts include:
    Males - well defined, lean muscular body. Not scrawny, but not bulky muscular. The shoulders have to be broad enough - guys like Jude Law make me cringe with how small his shoulders are.

Females: A curvy, fleshed out body. Not those stick figures like you see models have. Nice curves from hips to breasts are a must.

Real people wise, I'm focusing more on the whole package. A lot of facial features, but there can be compensations if something else is appealing. XD

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-24-2007, 01:40 AM

*dies laughing from the boob talk*

Sumashigao

Old 03-24-2007, 12:41 PM

I try not to be picky. 8'''D

Women: Curves are great, and are a must-have. I also have a thing for female faces that aren't afraid to smile wide and show that their facial muscles DO in fact stretch normally. X3 Slightly toned bodies are good, to show that she's fit, but not Amazoness muscles. Amazon = o.O;;;

Men: Nice, broad shoulders and a toned body = win. I'm not a terribly big fan of boys that look like (escuse me) breastless ladies. Also, he'll need a strong jaw and sharp eyebrows. And I love the half-lidded look on eyes, so that's always an A in my book. If you got all that, then I'll be set to stare. XP

Hope that helps!

amalath
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-24-2007, 12:41 PM

I really like well drawn hands and hair. Also detailed clothes - they should look natural. It's important for me. Aso I like interesting make ups, body drawings.