ee-chan
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to ee-chan Send a message via MSN to ee-chan Send a message via Yahoo to ee-chan

Old 05-06-2007, 03:27 PM

Okay not i have commished 2-3 people in the past month and have not goten any art. The reason is that my avi is male...every time i commish someone they always come back saying that i am impossible to draw. So right now i have given the two ladies the option to draw me as a female. Does everyone have a problem drawing a certain gender or do i just know how to pick the artist??

Discuss::
1. gender issues
2. ways of solving

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 05-06-2007, 04:10 PM

haha i find drawing males much harder then drawing a girl, and yes sometimes it will take more time for me to draw a male char if im not in the right mood. though lately seems like im in the mood to draw male chars since i cant seem to stop drawing my male OC's >.<;; though i have to admit im much much better at drawing emales and thus cancel less often if asked to do a female char i like.

musado
щ(ºДºщ)

Old 05-06-2007, 04:32 PM

• i find drawing manly guys are hard, but otherwise, it's not TERRIBLY difficult 8D;

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 05-06-2007, 05:23 PM

I don't mind drawing boys is boy's clothes, but Mene avatars are hard to distinguish from girls sometimes. To be honest, the whole drawing cross-dressing items isn't always on the top of my priorities list. But I have to take that one up with the developers if you get what I mean. When a guy is in girl's clothes. Well, it just doesn't look good, and, often, people don't wnat ot draw things that are weird/ugly!

I used to only draw girls, but then I worked at it, and now I think I can do both. The differences between male and female anatomy are not always apparent, and the lack of curves in men (and the need to know more about musculature due to thier lesser amount of body fat) tends to make them harder to draw. An artist who hasn't gone through alot of study will probably make your avi look very androgynous, and people would assume that he was a female sheerly by the clothing he wears.

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 05-06-2007, 05:41 PM

I have a very cutesy style and I always get bad comments when I draw boys too cute. @__@ Then if I try to make them not so cute... people moan about how I'm changing my style.

I prefer to draw girls. T__T Less stress...

ProdigyBombay
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-06-2007, 06:56 PM

I draw girly guys anyways, so its nearly the same thing for me to draw guys and to draw girls. XDD

I don't find any one gender harder than the other one to draw.

Male bodies are sometimes harder to draw than female ones though, and I certainly still have trouble drawing musculature, but thats nothing a reference for an arm won't solve.

So I really don't think its a big deal, whether male or female.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 05-07-2007, 06:49 AM

• It's no big deal for me to draw either. I just prefer to draw pretty boys. XD

To be honest...I think it's the artist's...issue. When you learn how to draw, you should be learning the basics. But a lot of "anime/cartoon" artists only focus on learning how to draw like their favorite animes, for example. A lot of artists I've spoken to don't make any effort at all to learn, because they write drawing boys as too hard without even trying. Once you practice and learn the differences between males and females, it won't be hard anymore. You'll just have preferences. XD

light
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-07-2007, 07:08 AM

i like drawing boys much, much, much, much more.

mmmmmmmm.

but girls are also great to draw <3 boobs.

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 05-07-2007, 07:10 AM

*cracks up laughing at Light* indeed.. boobs *snort*

light
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-07-2007, 07:13 AM

eeeee? :D :D is i funny? XD XD

is true though! i love drawing boys... but it is the BOOBS that i love best when drawing girlies... BOOBIES.

<3

verdy says i make them too big sometimes. wahahaha.

*rolls happily*

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-07-2007, 07:26 AM

hahah boobs are the part i hate drawing on girls.. can never get the the exact same.. so all my girls are lopsided sallies >.<; hahah and yes you were very amusing *tickles light*

light
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-07-2007, 07:44 AM

XD XD wheeeeeee *runs away from the tickling* :D

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-07-2007, 07:45 AM

*chases with tickle fingers*

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 05-07-2007, 10:31 AM

• I'm not fussed about genders. All my people look the same anyway :"O
    The only thing that tends to distinguish my genders is boobles (YAY BOOBIES~) and bigger hips.

I'm also a fan of the cross dressing dudes (Ming lies. I've seen some pretty boys in pretty dresses looking far pretty-er then alot of....pretty girls~? ), so the question of gender is again raised there.
    That and I love lady boys.

So generally, I"m a fan of androgyny when it comes to guys. And boobiesboobiesboobies when it comes to ladies @___@;

GainaSpirit
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-07-2007, 01:35 PM

I'm having more difficulties to draw man and so, it take me more time to finish it, though, I informed the commissioner and show pic of my previous attemp at man if possible.

Rvaya
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-07-2007, 07:02 PM

I can draw males but I just find no muse in them. When I'm drawing a girl however I find inspiration and a desire to keep going with the image.
It's not like I don't like guys. It's just in an artistic sense I don't find any magic I guess is the right word.

Meko Lara
⊙ω⊙
Banned
n/a

Old 05-07-2007, 07:33 PM

Meko is very two sided. She can draw anything but when she is asked to draw manly men she has issues. Yours is fairly girly though.

koji
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 05-08-2007, 12:41 AM

both are ok for me (I think XD;)..I'm doing a menewsha male avatar right now XD; (in harem dress =B ). I'll post it in my thread when it's done so people can see if it's manly enough XD;. (Im from japan so I guess the guys are a bit girly..but some dont think so). I dunno.

Sethirius
*^_^*

Old 05-08-2007, 06:36 AM

Honestly, I have no qualms at all with drawing males or females. I've trained myself enough to be decent at drawing them both. >3 Though admittedly I sort of prefer males over females! -gasp!- Even so, I don't find drawing females difficult to draw, and well I have my moments of wanting to draw pretty girls. =P

All in all, my inspiration is based on how interesting a character is to me rather gender. xP

mangacatgirl
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-08-2007, 01:34 PM

Males are more difficult to draw... The female form is more artistic... with it's curves and soft lines... But it is not impossible to draw you as a male ^.^; I draw males a lot... Not as often as I draw females but... Females tend to be more fun for some reason >.>;

bluessence
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-08-2007, 05:33 PM

I have to agree with Sethirius, I don't usually have troubles drawing males or females, but if the character design isn't inspiring I quickly lose focus.

It just happens that females usually have the more complicated outfits since they generally have more frills, long hair, and all sorts of things to work into the composition. Boys with plain t-shirts and pants just don't excite me.

Darkblack_cat
⊙ω⊙
n/a
Send a message via MSN to Darkblack_cat

Old 05-10-2007, 04:50 AM

Depends on just how 'manly' your man is going to be. Drawing large muscles can be kinda hard sometimes. Personally I just have trouble with hands and feet. Even gloves and shoes are beyond me lol.

light
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-10-2007, 05:20 AM

hands and feet are horrible! so hard to draw!!!

and nose!... and lips.... and torso.... and legs... and arms..

gah. the face is also hard. and neck...

*mutters in the corner*

GainaSpirit
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-10-2007, 08:18 AM

Hum, yeah, it's true that when a character isn't inspiring me anything, that's a real challenge to draw them O.o I'll have to battle over the pic to find a correct pose and expression and respect there proportion O.o
I think I like when people describe a bit of there personality with the design they want. It makes me more confident in drawing the character ^^

kimu
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to kimu Send a message via MSN to kimu

Old 05-12-2007, 07:01 AM

Actually, when I think about it, if you know basic atonomy, it should be really easy to draw males. I can draw em, but not the muscular ones!