kimu
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to kimu Send a message via MSN to kimu

Old 07-24-2007, 05:30 PM

Im always alone in my room lateleh so none of that xD And if I do get interrupped, I dont mind. Gotta take a break sooner or later.

Ahmuhmia
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Ahmuhmia Send a message via MSN to Ahmuhmia

Old 07-29-2007, 07:06 PM

My mom does that too.
She'll be talking to me or will want to show me something and be like "LOOK LOOK ISN'T THIS CUUUUUUUUTE? : D".

And I'll be like.."Uh huh."

I just want to draw and be undisturbed. Dx

That's why most of the time I just go in my room and draw.

Back when I was in high school, whenever I tried to draw, people would come up to me and bother me.
It's so annoying.

They would be like, "LOL UR TRACING. TRAAAAAAAACING!"
And I'd be like =/.
I hate it when they accuse me of tracing.
They can plainly see that I'm not.
I have a bunch of BLANK printer paper that I am drawing on.
It's like, sorry if you can't draw this well and your jealous, but could you, you know, STFU and not accuse me of tracing? D:<
God I hate that.

I also hate it when people take my eraser or take my drawing right from under my nose, and when they do that, my pencil will leave a giant line across my drawing cause they rip it out from me so fast.
GOD THAT PISSES ME OFF.
Don't people have manners? D:<
You don't just take shit that isn't yours. =/

I hate it when they point at something on my paper and smear my drawing with their nasty fingers or crinkle up my paper.

It's also annoying when they watch you over your shoulder. D:<

dgfjfjdg! Stupid people. Just leave me alone when I draw. xD
/end rant.

Ahmuhmia
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Ahmuhmia Send a message via MSN to Ahmuhmia

Old 07-29-2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hana

Well, like a lot of people, I hate being spoken to when I am drawing (or singing, or listening to music, or reading...). My mom likes to sit and listen to hear headphones until I get busy then she suddenly remembers something that she just HAS to tell me or show me and I get destracted and forget what I'm doing.

Also, I hate it when I'm drawing and someone is standing over my shoulder and pointing out mistakes... becaus me being the perfectionist that I am, I have to go erase it and try to fix it and usually make it worse then just say to heck with it and throw it away.

And then there's always the people who have to make those comments...
"Ohh she's pretty!"
"That's a boy...."
"No it's not it's a girl!"
"GIRLS HAVE BOOBS!! AND IT'S MY CHRACTER, I THINK I SHOULD KNOW THE GENDER!"
"Don't get so mad!"
"Go away!"
Yep... that's about the highlight of my conversations with stupid people at school. ^^; It's either that or "Oh can you draw me!?" NO I do not have time and you wont sit still for an hour!

lol okay, well, not that that's out of the way.. ^^;
Oh! I hate that as well. D:<
These stupid people can't tell one gender apart from another.

It's like, you can clearly see the jaw structure, the shoulders, the neck, everything and every muscle can tell you whether it's a boy or a girl.
Or like, if you make a feminine male, they think it's a girl, like you said.
Srsly. These people need to observe and think before they open their mouths.
LONG HAIR DOESN'T MEAN IT'S A GIRL.

Yinneh-dono
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-30-2007, 03:09 AM

My mom usually leaves me alone, but that's cause I'm in my dark little artists corner. >w<

It's like my whole family[when near my art] don't pay attention to what they are doing! They ruin my art that I've put my heart and soul into. ;-;
I never let anyone touch my art. Unless they got supar art skillz and careful hands. [I hate smudges the most on my art. D:]

I.C.A.R.I.A.N.A
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2007, 04:31 PM

I've had this instance happen multiple times with both my father and my mother, and I really get peeved about it because recently, I usually have to be in the right kind of mood to even be inspired to draw for fun...and those moods are few and far between...so it really irks me when I'm finally getting down to business, and they just HAVE to have me help them unload groceries, while my younger sister sits on the computer downstairs (Probably talking to perverts disguised as pre-pubescent girls like herself) and my older sister hoards up in her room, watching Family Guy DVDs and doing absolutely nothing productive...GRRR... :evil:

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-08-2007, 05:44 PM

When I draw, I don't like to have people make comments about what I'm drawing. There was this one kid that told me a drawing I was making had big boobs. I kicked him, very very hard. =D

Mimi Lara
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 08-09-2007, 03:56 AM

I have troubles getting back into the drawing spirit if intirupted and the peice almost never turns out as good if I am, so generally I take my lap top and find a nice quiet place to hide xP....same thing if I'm writting.

Swansong
The mene ditcher

Old 08-09-2007, 05:20 AM

My newest pet peeve is my rampant CG blocks where I can sketch but can't CG to save my life. It bothers me! That and when I'm stressed or upset about something I tend to start to feel small and terrible at drawing when I see people on deviantart. I just feel like I am not improving at all , even though I'm practicing my butt off!

Ahh the angst of an artist... I never used to be like this.. ;_;~!

crystal_wings6
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-10-2007, 08:48 PM

If I draw too much, then my art spirit just sort off turned off. It's kinda weird. >.>
And I can't do an art no stop for a period of time. Between each piece I always have to stop for a least 3 times.

Equivalent Exchange
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-25-2007, 07:13 AM

Oh god. There was this one girl back in 9th grade who sat across from me homeroom. I was drawing and ignoring her and she was talking. She like smacks me on the hand, which killed my lineart.

"WTF, Sally?!"

Listen to me! That's pretty by the way, but you have a stray line there! :3"

I totally wanted to strangle her. I don't mind if people watch or paper being teared out (my sketchbook has the perforated line), but GAH. NEVER BOTHER ME WHEN I'M DRAWING. -Head-desk-mouth-foam-

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 08-25-2007, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunneechan
Oh god. There was this one girl back in 9th grade who sat across from me homeroom. I was drawing and ignoring her and she was talking. She like smacks me on the hand, which killed my lineart.

"WTF, Sally?!"

Listen to me! That's pretty by the way, but you have a stray line there! :3"

I totally wanted to strangle her. I don't mind if people watch or paper being teared out (my sketchbook has the perforated line), but GAH. NEVER BOTHER ME WHEN I'M DRAWING. -Head-desk-mouth-foam-
Holy crap. I would have kicked her ass right there.

sam_doll
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to sam_doll

Old 08-25-2007, 04:54 PM

There are three things that I can't stand when I'm in the middle of drawing.

1. Like so many others, is being interupted, it's rare lately that I have insparation to draw so when I mom or dad bug me to watch a movie or something with them when I'm drawing it really annoys me.

2. Being watched while I draw, it makes me uncomfertable to draw when there's someone standing over my shoulder wathcing me, like if i mess up they'll laugh or something.

3. And lastly when I see something in my head and I try to draw it and it doesn't come out the way I want it to, thats when I get angry and break my pencil or something.

Socks
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Socks

Old 08-25-2007, 06:06 PM

I HATE when people hover around me, like a helicopter..or an annoying bug.
I'm drawing, then they go like "HELLO EVA, what are you doing? Drawing again?"
And I'm like, " Yes, I'm drawing. you answered your own question" While resisting the urge to roll my eyes.
And then they start to tell me about how the nose is too fat. I'm sorry you don't like my nose style. :?

And I hate to be interrupted- "GO DO THE DISHES! GO WASH THE LAUNDRY!"
It annoys me a lot. But i hate being watched even more. I like showing off the finished product instead.
It also goes when I'm CGing and someone goes and IMs me when i clearly am away.

mystic kiwi
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to mystic kiwi

Old 08-25-2007, 07:16 PM

Yeah, that’s why I normally lock myself in my room with headphones on so I can’t be bothered. People pretty much know to leave me alone when I’m in my room to begin with. It does make it harder to finish something too and to make something look right. I do however like to take breaks when drawing if I’m drawing for more than a few hours.

Snazzy
Send a message via MSN to Snazzy

Old 08-26-2007, 02:10 AM

Yeah I can't stand it when people watch me draw. Or when I lose some sort of drawing pencils, eraser or other needed equipment and forced to draw without it!

sarendipity

Old 08-26-2007, 03:32 AM

it's kind of awkward when people watch you draw... my friends never know what i'm drawing until i'm done

Nagahashi_Miharu
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-29-2007, 01:34 PM

I don't like people watching me draw most of the time, but it's alright if it's one of my friends. They understand things. At the end of grade 6, we had to make a magazine in French and so many pages had blank spaces. So the people in my group were just like "Oh don't worry, we can fill it up with ______(my name)'s drawings."

"GOD DAMMIT! I'm not some art machine! You're going to need to commish me or art trade for that!"

And then they were like "Hey, _____(my name), we'll leave the entire title page to you, since you're so good at art." I was like "What is your fucking problem!?" I ended up doing the entire title page anyways.

Usually in projects, people tell me to draw title pages, etc. for the finishing touch, and when I bring in the work they say "That's not how I wanted it." God dammit! If that's not what you wanted then you should've TOLD me what to draw! And you have no right to complain since you didn't say what I have to draw and I took that as a "you can draw anything you want."

Then I hate people looking at me when I'm drawing. I sometimes showoff WIPs on the internet, but that's when I want people to see. I don't like people who look at me from behind. Half the time they're like "that looks wrong! Blah blah blah". Grrr, that's my really rough sketch! I fix things afterwards.

Moon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-29-2007, 08:51 PM

Ugh... I HATE when people look at what I am doing before I'm finished.
Because it usually looks ugly and weird.

Or when people look at my drawings without telling me. * O*

Nemui
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Nemui

Old 09-01-2007, 12:04 AM

When im drawing and people
stand there over my shoulder watching me
it gives me the creeps and the picture come out bad
becuase i know they are expecting something
grand and great.

One of the otehr problems i have always had is pople
who say "no you didnt draw that"
that is so annoying, i usually get a lot of guys saying that to me
becuase i am female and can draw and they dont like it.
it really annoys.

also crinkly paper, my paper has to be so smooth i hate it when it gets crinkles or
a small crese in it or the corner is bent it drives me crazy becuase it makes me look as if i dont take care of art work.

Marron
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 09-02-2007, 08:34 AM

There's quite a few things that drive me absolutely insane when it comes to art. When it's someone else's art, I can't stand it when people eyeball art and then pass it around, bothering everyone for praise on their "art". Copying a picture is still copying be it by eyeballing, tracing it or any other means of mimicking.

When it comes to my own art, I hate being interrupted or when my mom comes in and while I have my pencil in my hand she asks, 'DID YOU DRAW THAT? 8D ' .. Um.. You know what? There's only me and my mom in this house, so if I have a pencil in my hand that's on the paper with the drawing.. WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK, WOMAN?! > O < A ghost drew it or something?!

Another thing that bothers me is that my mom always pesters me about wanting to see my art, but I rarely let her. When I finally draw her something as a gift, she always shoves it back at me and complains how it looks quickly made and crappy. |: And she wonders why I don't let her see more of it. Pfft.

Silhouette
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Silhouette

Old 09-05-2007, 04:49 AM

I'm fine wherever and whenever I draw. So I have no complaints there. However I think I might make others uncomfortable when I sit in the common area and draw them hehe. I've been doing that since high school and most people like to comment on it.
When that happens I smile at them politely and keep sketching, or if they're interested, I show them a few sketches, and then continue on. Most people will politely watch and I find it flattering if they want to do so. It shouldn't be a burden if you guys really want to be artists. You'll be looked upon when you're creating because it's a rare talent. So be prepared and most of all I'd hope you'd be happy for the few seconds of random interest.

Sanctuary
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-09-2007, 09:52 PM

I dislike having people criticize my unfinished work.
I hate crits that are nasty and untrue and only meant to put me down.
Or things such as "You draw a lot of girls. Are you a lesbian?"
What the hell?

I do like people taking an interest in my art and telling me they like it.
I don't mind hovering unless I'm trying to draw something less conventional
Some of my pictures are a little bit warped.
I like to draw fan art for some of the darker books like "Lord of the flies"
I don't like to hear "That boy looks like an insane, spawn of the devil. What is wrong with you?"
Because, anyone who has read "Lord of the flies" knows that Roger is sadistic and a psycopath in the making.
I hate to hear that I'm "sick" because I'm srawing something mildly creepy.
Like the Lord of the flies ripping off Simon's wings.
It's a little gruesome, but it's not like I'm drawing corpses or semthing.

`Mel
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to `Mel

Old 09-14-2007, 10:36 PM

Sounds like my house! My computer is in the dining room! My mom && dad both get on me to do stuff while I'm drawing 0__< When I'm coloring or inking it's hard to come back && finished what I was doing because from the time I stop to the time I get back I have no clue what I was working on 0___<
I usually put headphones in my ears, well Ear buds..my parents seem to think I can hear them when I have them in.
They'll talk normally to me && tell me to do something && get pissy when I still haven't moved from when they tell me.
I then take the ear buds out ask them what they want && they walk away in anger XD
It's funny, but they get really annoyed because they usually can't tell there in there.

Blood King
Send a message via AIM to Blood King Send a message via MSN to Blood King Send a message via Yahoo to Blood King

Old 09-16-2007, 05:36 PM

I've had situations like that, but my mom doesn't ask me for help very much so that when she does, I don't have a problem with dropping whatever I'm doing to help out. Although, sometimes it does get irritating when you're really into what you're doing and your parent wants you to do something right then and there.
Luckily enough, I got my own (hand-me-down) computer that I get to keep in my room. ^^ So there's no squabbling about whose turn it is to be on the computer and I don't have people talking to me 24-7.

My pet peeves would amount to watchers and... People who ask me to draw for them, but give me crap descriptions (and probably a few others that I can't recall right at this moment).
I hate it when people ask me what I'm drawing.

"Is that a horse?"
"...I've only drawn two lines. Go mind your own business please."

@Silhouette:
I understand what you mean about feeling flattered by the interest, but if you constantly got the kind of watchers I get, then you might feel a little iffy about them, too. ^^;;

mrwhiskers
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-23-2007, 03:11 AM

i know what you mean
what i've done is allot myself a time frame to get work done and to move to a quiet reserved space where i can be sure to be alone