NoteBook
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-24-2007, 06:30 PM

i am good at boys but they are soo skinny.
at girl i found it hard because of theyre roundness of theyre bodies.

well i kinda suck at both :?

Ryouku-chan
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-24-2007, 07:15 PM

Sometimes I'm good at girls. Manly faces are okay for me to draw, but it's there body that's hard for me. >3> It's really hard to draw boobless figures. D;

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 11-24-2007, 09:05 PM

Boys.
Every time I try to draw one, people think that he's a girl. ._.; Damn the figure, I say!

WishingMoon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-24-2007, 10:04 PM

I'm both day to day. Like this week I'm doing well with boys but girls not so much. I find girls chests hard but boys arms and lags. So lets just say I'm bad at both. I also have the problem of people thinking my boys are girls. Well thats only in real life.

Penny
*^_^*

Old 11-25-2007, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryouku-chan
Sometimes I'm good at girls. Manly faces are okay for me to draw, but it's there body that's hard for me. >3> It's really hard to draw boobless figures. D;
I know! Why are flat chested women so difficult? So weird. ><

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...
Send a message via MSN to Amo_Angelus

Old 11-25-2007, 02:13 PM

Angel is odd...

Angel can draw boys a lot better. Stupid boobs... >_> Why are boobs so incredibly hard? They either look like circles pasted on or just... wierd... Boys be easier for Angel.

Winggodess

Old 11-26-2007, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel-sky2007
What do you think? It is harder to draw boys or girls? I think it is harder to draw boys, am very good at drawing girls and avatars of gils, but at boys i can not do the head right, it still looks like a girl head...
for me its harder to draw guy then girls! :cry:

Faunia
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Faunia Send a message via MSN to Faunia Send a message via Yahoo to Faunia

Old 11-26-2007, 11:50 AM

Umm...I think it really depends on who I'm drawing more than the gender. If you ask me to draw some ungodly muscular guy, I'd have trouble. But at the same time, if you asked me to draw, like, Orohime, I'd have trouble drawing her too (Curse her giant, mis-proportioned boobs!). But is the character falls in between those lines, I really don't have any problems.

In general, it's mostly a problem of 'don't want to draw it' over 'can't draw it' for me. Since I have no desire to draw these body-type extremes, I don't have the experience of drawing them to help me learn. A wise woman (Amelie Belcher of Cordeval.com) once told me that there is nothing that she can't draw, provided she has drawn it before. It's the same way with most people actually. So long as you've had the chance to draw something and get some practice, you can probably draw it, even if you didn't know that ahead of time.

Penny
*^_^*

Old 11-26-2007, 06:54 PM

That's awesome. I like that saying. Kind of like the theater techie motto. Tell them you can do the job, then learn how. Ok, it's kind of reversed, but it reminded me of that. ^^

Kitti
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 11-27-2007, 11:44 PM

personally i think it is harder to draw males. if you're doing fullbody art anyways. girls are just easier for me for some reason! lol
But with headshots both genders are easy to do!

of course i do not really draw people that much since i am not that good at it yet!
im always drawing cats or pandas!
hehe
xD

Zrein
^.^
Send a message via AIM to Zrein Send a message via MSN to Zrein Send a message via Yahoo to Zrein

Old 12-04-2007, 06:05 PM

is more easy for me drawing girls than boys, maybe because i'm a girl?
lol!
I wish draw nice boys, poor of them are like girls in my drawings sometimes T_T
I think that only 25% of my 1000 drawings are men XD

Amiiu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-10-2007, 03:02 AM

Boys are a lot harder for me, but I'm slower getting better
>w<

Avvy
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-10-2007, 04:00 AM

I think that both boys and guys are hard to draw. Although it is easier for me to draw woman rather than men. I guess the difficulty could also depend on the style or medium used to create the piece of art.

Javert
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-10-2007, 06:47 AM

It may seem strange, but I find it no harder to draw one gender than the other.
If I were to pick one based on something small, though, I'd have to say girls. I have a hard time getting the curves right, and making their legs curve just a bit inward. I still am not able to achieve this, but that can be hidden with a skirt. XD.

president wakame
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-21-2007, 11:46 PM

i'ma a girl,and i'm good at drawing girls,i think it's because girls are used to seeing the girl body so much because they have one.so it's very familiar to them,where as boy s are kinda hard for me to draw and they end up looking kinda girly,i usually have to give them bigger noses and mouths or a longer face to make them somewhat boy like.
then gain,i neve draw boys,i' usually to busy drawing girls...i don' know why,i just think of girl characters..but i never draw my girls with boobs,i mean,sometimes they'll have tiny boobs,i guess it's because i find small boobs a little better looking under clothes,more slim and gracefull....i probably wouldn't have a hard time drawing a male body,it's just the face mostly...

Sunishia

Old 12-22-2007, 01:46 AM

i think it's very hard to draw boys. i can draw girls (well, at least older ones) pretty well, and i guess i can draw guys' heads, but otherwise i can't draw guys. at all. i try to ask my friends to help [sometimes], but in the end i always end up drawing just a torso. i definitely can't draw male legs. :sweat:

Raining Skittles
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-23-2007, 06:08 AM

Guys aren't that hard for me, since I always seem to make them flat-chested girls with short hair and slight muscles XD I'm a lot better at girls, and I really don't know why, I guess it's just because I draw them more. I don't really like drawing guys, and if I do, they're pretty. Not sexy, or handsome...Pretty.
So then it's pretty much "Hey mom! Look!"
"Oh, your girl sure has short hair. But it's nice." ...I-it's a girl mommy ; ^; "Thanks...-walks away sad-"

Pokkon
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-23-2007, 02:36 PM

I think I'm good at drawing both girls and boys, I don't think any of them are too hard ~ I don't understand why so many (mostly female) artists have so many problems with drawing males. @_@

Professor Lily
Building Funds for my Charity

Old 12-25-2007, 08:33 PM

Both, I am not good at drawing real life people or avatar characters. I never have been.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 12-25-2007, 09:45 PM

I think it is harder to draw boys. My guys always end up with female-like faces and hair. I also think drawing the female figure is easier.

maxiekun
*^_^*

Old 12-26-2007, 09:39 AM

I agree with Javert.
It's difficult to get the curves on a female body just right.
Guys are way easier to draw.

Luumi
*^_^*

Old 12-26-2007, 07:12 PM

Girls. I find it challenging to draw a guy's hair because it's so short and exposes more of the head.
Although, I like to draw girls more because I love sketching dresses and elaborate hairstyles. So I guess I don't get much practice drawing guys. That may be why I think they're harder...

aonith
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-26-2007, 10:50 PM

i think it depends on what are you used to draw. As for me geirls are a bit easier to draw because I used to draw them a lot. Speaking about boys... the mucules are pretty hard to draw sometimes. I mean, it's hard to make them look natural :3

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 12-27-2007, 03:00 PM

It's harder for me to draw guys - the proportions are so different than girls and since I'm a girl I'm used to the proportions D: So guys are most definatly harder for me to draw - especially because, in my style, they end up looking girly half the time anyway D:

SyntheticVermin
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-28-2007, 10:58 PM

I have a lot of trouble drawing girls. Sort of funny, since I am one. The curves (hips, breasts) give me trouble, and the overall shape of the female body is much softer than that of a male. I'm far better with angles.