Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-06-2008, 03:39 AM

I was on another forum, in their R&C and there was a very rude girl there. I posted offering to do art of her and she said something that made me very upset

Quote:
"Phew. I thought I would have to say no because of paper DX But now I can say because of art 8D"
you know, artists put themselves on the line everytime they offer to do art of others. no one likes to be rejected. people have feelings you know! even if my art wasn't to her liking, that still wasn't a nice thing to say.

if you're curious, here are some of my samples:
Fullbody Sketch Colored Bust Semi-Colored Fullbody Sketchy
Another Sketch

discuss:

-rude people
-rude remarks (don't direct them at people though)
-etc...

Yeah
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-06-2008, 03:43 AM

That was pretty rude. I can't believe she said that. Your art is actually better than a lot I have seen on some of these sites. I really liked all of the sketches you posted. Don't let her get you down, she is probably just jealous.

Vickicat
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Vickicat Send a message via MSN to Vickicat Send a message via Yahoo to Vickicat

Old 02-06-2008, 03:43 AM

Your art is very beautiful. Though I can't understand what that girl was even trying to say. o.o; No because of paper? Huh? What's she even mean by that? Maybe she just didn't like the paper you drew your art on? Because I see it is full of lines and maybe she thought you were going to draw hers on lined paper. Though by looking at it it looks like a school planner so you probably drew during school. I know I used to draw on lined notebook paper at school because it was all I had with me.

RetroBoy
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-06-2008, 03:44 AM

That's just mean.
All she had to do was say she didn't like it.

Melissa
*^_^*

Old 02-06-2008, 03:48 AM

That's really the reason why I never opened an art shop or offer art to people. I can't stand rude people. I only ever give away art to my friends.

(Aww your art is cute. You have nothing to worry about. If you had offered me I would have said yes. ;D)

katyasha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-06-2008, 03:50 AM

Your not alone I had this one girl who got jelouse of my artwork and started to spread roomers that I stole or peoples artwork.
I had this one guys that I had a hard time explaining to him I didn't steal his artwork. But he wouldn't listen and he almost sued for stealing and wanted my name and where I live. I told him no I'm not giveing you my name where I live, he got mad and told me over and over again to give him my information and I said no.
Until one day a friend mine got an email from that girl who was spreading the roomer and told her that she was the one who told that guy I stole his artwork and I was a bold face lyer and not to trust at all.
So I sent the guy the email to him and told him here is your proof leave me alone.
Three days later he emails saying he was sorry, and he talked to the girl who told him and she couldn't cover up her mistakes and got into trouble.
So don't feel upset there are people out there who will love your artwork and there are others who don't know what true artwork is. And for the record your artwork is cool, as for mine I need to work on mine a little more. :oops: :D

Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-06-2008, 03:50 AM

@ Yeah: Thank :3

@Vickicat: Actually, I think she disliked my style. because I posted my samples and such and then she asked me what kind of paper I drew on. I replied stating that those were from my planner but when I do commissions, I do them in computer paper. and then she said the quote in the first post. I can understand when people don't like your style but that was definitely unnecessary.

@ Retroboy: I agree. thats why I was angry.

Vickicat
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Vickicat Send a message via MSN to Vickicat Send a message via Yahoo to Vickicat

Old 02-06-2008, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usuri
@ Yeah: Thank :3

@Vickicat: Actually, I think she disliked my style. because I posted my samples and such and then she asked me what kind of paper I drew on. I replied stating that those were from my planner but when I do commissions, I do them in computer paper. and then she said the quote in the first post. I can understand when people don't like your style but that was definitely unnecessary.

@ Retroboy: I agree. thats why I was angry.
Okay then yeah, that is pretty bitchy of her. D: Plus putting that face at the end. I hate when people say something mean, then add in like a smiling face like they are laughing at you. Hopefully people will see that and not offer her any art.

Trueno
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Trueno

Old 02-06-2008, 03:57 AM

Oh my god! That was SO MEAN OF HER! I personally think your art (the samples anyway) is BEAUTIFUL and I would feel so lucky to get art from you. ;_;

I recently posted in a "I'll doodle you for charity" thread on Gaia, and I liked one of the artist's drawings a tad bit better than the other (hers looked like mine, and I wanted something different). Well, I only realized it after I had posted, and the artists had already decided the one I didn't want (they didn't know) would draw my avatar. Well, I posted a little later that I'd pay 1k for the one I wanted, and shortly after I got the art from the one I didn't want. :( I paid her 500 gold anyway, and thanked her, because it wasn't bad at all, just not what I wanted. The other artist apologized because he was kicked off the computer and offered to do my art anyway, but I haven't replied yet. He just sort of abandoned the thread and needless to say I was a bit hurt.

Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-06-2008, 03:58 AM

@ Melissa: I see. well I hope you do open a shop, this comment isn't going to stop me. I just thought that rude comment shouldn't go unnoticed because then that person will continue to do it because no one said anything. And thanks :'D

@ katyasha: thats terrible, I'm glad things worked out :3 I can't believe people would do something like that. thats never happened to me but I have encountered art thieves before. good luck and thank you~

Asahi Kumoru
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Asahi Kumoru Send a message via MSN to Asahi Kumoru

Old 02-06-2008, 04:00 AM

Hehe, I think the artwork on planner paper could be cool, too. Like some of the manga that uses newsprint for screentones and stuff like that - could give a cool effect. If she was concerned about what paper her art is on, though, one would think she could ask about it ^^; I hate it in general when people have problems with what you do, but only because they never bothered to clarify it in the first place. Like, "Sheesh, if it's so important, why didn't you say something?"

I do think a lot of people online take artists' work for granted, though. Maybe it's the whole instant-gratification thing. You can do a search for images of whatever type of character you want and steal someone's pictures off of online gallery sites and things like that and the original artist would never know. But to actually get a commission isn't instant. I have to wonder if some people just think that, because it's digital, it's automatically fast, just like sending an email or a text message, and don't realize that, a lot of the time, people put hours or even days into a single piece. I do some digital painting, and yeah, the computer makes it easier, but that doesn't mean any less love goes into it.

And maybe people also feel like anime-style artists are a dime-a-dozen. I don't mean that as offensive do you - I really like your stuff - but like, with the How to Draw Manga books, I've seen a lot of people who can copy that style well enough, and can therefore draw decently, but it's like there's by and large not enough variety in the art world for some people. They figure that one person who can draw in the Japanese style is as good as the next, and so if you don't like one person's nuances of style, you can blow them off and go to one of the others.

MelonFairy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-06-2008, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickicat
Okay then yeah, that is pretty bitchy of her. D: Plus putting that face at the end. I hate when people say something mean, then add in like a smiling face like they are laughing at you. Hopefully people will see that and not offer her any art.

I totally agree, I hope she doesn't any art, because she doesn't seem like much of an "art appreciator." That was a super biatchy thing for her to do, and If I weren't such a nice person I'd quote that and spam their Art Request topic with it XP because I'm awesome like that~

Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-06-2008, 04:07 AM

@ Trueno: thank you :3 and I hope you get your art~

@ Asahi Kumoru: well she did ask about the paper but that wasn't really the problem, she was gonna use that to say no but I told her that I use computer paper from commissions so she said that she didn't need to reject me for the paper I use and she could reject me for my art. I can understand that but the way she put it was hurtful and I didn't appreciate that. Its hard on artist to get rejected for their style because thats really what makes artists unique and it comes from the way the developed their skills.

@ vickicat & melonfairy: xD yea at first I was kinda hoping tht no one would respond to her request, but now I don't really care because if she gets art, thats just fueling her and eventually shes only gonna get hurt in the end because of her attitude.

Penny
*^_^*

Old 02-06-2008, 04:19 AM

-pats- You're art's pretty. She's being stupid.

I do wonder though... that sentence doesn't really make a lot of sense. Do you suppose she might be an english learner? She might have meant something more benign. Though I don't know what that could be. ><

Fullmetal Phantom
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Fullmetal Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to Fullmetal Phantom

Old 02-06-2008, 04:21 AM

Let me guess, this was Gaia, right?

And honestly, I'd like to know what crawled up her ass and died. :| Honestly, if you don't like someone's art style, there's no need to act like you've got a tree crammed up your ass over it. >.>;

For the record, I'm kinda tempted to commission you right now. XP

But you know...the reason I so quickly assumed it was Gaia is because I've had LOTS of rude people there. In fact...sometimes on there, I'm a bit of an ass just so I don't get eaten alive. >.<; But THAT was just plain uncalled for.

I had one hell of an incident about two years ago on Gaia (exactly two years ago next month...wow, it's been that long already? Seems like just yesterday...>.>;;;), but...I'm not about to go into the details. It STILL makes me sick to think about. But...in a nutshell, something airs on Adult Swim, I'm stupid enough to express that I greatly disliked a certain event, and BOOM, I'm attacked with it. PM-trolled and everything. It was NOT. PLEASANT. DX

Why is it that people feel the need to do things like that? >.>;;

Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-06-2008, 04:22 AM

@ Penny: haha, I wish that was what she meant xD but nope, she meant that she didn't like my art. She was just gonna use the paper reason to say no but when I told her I use computer paper for commissions she decided to reject me like that. .___________.'''

@ Fullmetal Phantom: Yea, xD its Gaia. And thankies. Yea, they tend to flame people a lot over there. XP

Penny
*^_^*

Old 02-06-2008, 04:41 AM

Jeez... :shock: scary. I've got a little guild with some pleasant people over there. It's our little bomb shelter from the scary people.

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 02-06-2008, 04:43 AM

Oh no... That is too mean... ; ; [e-Hugs~]

Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-06-2008, 04:50 AM

@ Penny: Yea, guilds can be really nice. I used to spend a lot of time in a guild but then a lot of the people started quiting so I left because no one was active anymore.

@ â—• w â—•: thanks :3 I really appreciate it~

Javert
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-06-2008, 07:34 AM

>_< I hate people like that. That was just rude of her- your art isn't bad, at all. :). She's probably just jealous- that's what I hear is the case in ninety eight percent of situations like that. I've dealt with my fair share of those kinds of people- people on the How to draw Manga forum pretty much used to point out how much my art sucked. Which it did at the time, admittedly. But they didn't have to go right out and say it. :(. I also recently ran into one of those people- I was told pretty much that 'no one would buy my art' because I 'don't draw that great'. >_<;. It wasn't even for real money- just some gold for this site. I've never thought of myself as a bad artist- and all she had to say was that my prices were a bit high. But she had to rub it in my face that I supposedly 'can't draw'. :(. I sympathize with you entirely. You really should quote her on that page- then no one would draw for her. XD.

Shadizilla
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Shadizilla Send a message via MSN to Shadizilla

Old 02-06-2008, 08:34 PM

Your art is actually rather good, and I have a feeling that you probably got rejected because your style looks anime influenced, but it's not "OMGANIMEDESUDESU" like a lot of people seem to want.
I normally get trouble starting shops because I'm trying to drive myself away from such an anime influence myself, and it seems to always get ignored.

People always complain about how anime is all over the interwebs, but they don't open up for change it seems. :|

I really like your art, and if I had more gold, I would certainly buy from you. Don't let other people discourage you with things like that. You have to remember that art is an opinion. Some people just wont agree, and, unfortunately, will not disagree kindly.

Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-07-2008, 12:01 AM

@ Javert: yea. that was pretty rude. I thought about quoting her and trying to make sure that no one would draw for her but I didn't wanna stoop to her level so I didn't.

@ Shadizilla: thanks, and yea. I don't really like the super anime styled stuff. I can do it but its so generic and not versatile if thats the only thing you do. if someone really wants to become a famous artist, no doubt that person should be well rounded in different aspects of art. Anyways, thanks a lot. I really appreciate your comments. :3

Jali
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-07-2008, 02:54 AM

That girl is just silly! A most likely jealous too!
You are very talented, I love your style, despite it being on agenda paper!
Some of my pieces turn out best on lined, other unusual paper, I don't know why, but it always happens like that. xD
Do you just like to doodle there?
Or is it just convenient at the time?

You should transfer some of that beautiful art of your's onto unlined paper, without all the distractions, I bet it would look even more lovely!

Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-07-2008, 03:21 AM

@ Jali: thanks lol. and is just convenient because I get bored in class and I don't wanna draw on my homework. xD

Jali
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-07-2008, 03:26 AM

Your welcome :3
I'm the same way. I always doodle in class, and on anything I can get my hands on. xD
I never seem to sit down at home and just draw, I always do best and more often when i'm just sitting bored in class. @_@