The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 11-26-2009, 08:41 AM

~Welcome and Introduction~

I imagine you have just signed up for this new site called "MENEWSHA" (Pronounced Meh-new-sha, and referred to as "Mene" Meh-neh for short). Lo and behold, one of the first things you discover is that your beloved avatar is naked and your inventory is empty and you have no gold!!!

STOP. -Places a caring hand on your shoulder.- Please don't panic.

In fact, I have a rough idea of what you might be thinking:

"At Gaia, we got a choice of free starter outfit and starter gold!".
"Back when it was go-gaia.com we still at least got a set of peasant clothes!"
"Did I do something wrong? This is so embarassing to be nekkid. I also have questions, but they sound stupid..."

Just because the system doesn't set you up with some free starter gear doesn't mean that this charity won't!

The purpose of this charity is to get Menewsha's newest users clothed as quickly as possible while beginning the process of acclimiating them to (that's a fancy word that means " getting used to") the site and how it works.

Eventually, we hope you will appreciate how far your precious gold can go on this avatar site. Hopefully you already appreciate that you are not being subconsciously told to go buy skittles every five seconds and not being tempted to download spyware for the 'good items' only availble for real money while the regular stores go without decent updates.

So, if you follow, and are interested in this community and how to earn your free goodies please read the remainder of the posts by me ( Crow-sama ) on this front page, then reply to the thread and introduce yourself!

Last edited by The_Crow; 03-30-2019 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: Thread Title Again

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 11-26-2009, 08:42 AM

~How Do I Qualify? What do I get?~

1. You have to be very new to Menewsha: "Very New" is defined by having an account that is one week old or less. Exceptions to this rule may be examined on a case-by-case basis. (Note: Crow is very generous and will often give you the benefit of the doubt, so do not be afraid to at least ask!)

2. You have to have very little gold, 500g or less. If you have more than that, you can start buying your own darn clothes. (Protip: If you find yourself approaching the limit, purchase a meaningful accessory that speaks to you and you will adore your entire time and Menewsha, and then let the clothes come to you for free!)

3. You have to be nekkid (or very close to being nekkid. If you have one hair accessory, you won't be disqualified). However, if you have an outfit already, this charity will not meet your needs, as you have already met them yourself! (Protip: If, say, somebody donates a very modest outfit to you RIGHT before you were considering applying, ask the management what you still qualify. There is basically no chance you will receive NOTHING for your time!)

4. You have to not WANT to be nekkid. Some people are fine browsing around in their underwear, but others may find it bothersome or downright embarassing. You have to be okay with doing just a couple of things in order to get fully clothed in normal menewshan wear, now 'peasant' clothes, not even clothes from the 'newbie store', for free.

5. You have to make an effort to post and get used to the site. I require that you make at least 1 post in THIS thread in order to qualify for "the basics".

If you post MORE than once, you can qualify for EXTRA prizes from our shiny pile. Protip: The more you post in our thread before submitting your application, the more bonus prizes you're likely to earn.

Please do not try to cheat this simple rule, though. I have ways of checking your post count.

6. If you meet the above requirements, and have followed the thread's rules, you may PM me the form found below for your Starter Clothing Item (and often a second free bonus gift!)

What Are Some Examples of Your Starter Items (ie "The Basics")?
Ladies (or those who prefer skirts) might end up with something like this:
Gentlemen (or those who prefer shorts) might end up with something like this:

What's this about a "mystery gift"?

Behold the pile of Phobos and Deimos's SHINIES

Last edited by The_Crow; 07-16-2015 at 05:31 AM.. Reason: 1 post required for form instead of 5

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 11-26-2009, 08:46 AM

~There's gotta be a catch, what are the rules?~

1. Follow Menewsha's Forum Rules and TOS at all times.
2. Follow The Thread Rules (A bit redudant, but hey).
3. I can't stress enough that In your posts, you may not "Bump", "Spam", "Post 1", "Post 2", "RandomRandomRandom"... you get the idea. Please make thought-out, conversational posts. You can reply to things already said, tell us something about yourself, or even ask questions about the site.
4. Aside from this very post, the words newbie, nooby, n00bie, n00b, nublet, nub, etc are not to be typed. You are new users, new faces, new menewshans. People are people, and should be referred to as such (*This my eccentric little opinion, so I'll usually PM before giving an 'official' warning).
5. Please, Don't be rude or demanding. This is a gift you are receiving.

Failure to follow the above rules will result in a warning. If the same user breaks the same rule twice or breaks another rule, they will be blacklisted and not be eligible for Starter Clothing, Incentive Gifts, or Pageprizes.

Last edited by The_Crow; 07-16-2015 at 05:32 AM..

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 11-26-2009, 08:50 AM

~The Magical, Mysterious, Request Form~

Please, me with the following after you have made your five posts and double-checked the rules and requirements:

Code:
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Date Joined Menewsha:[/B]
[B]Avatar's Gender:*[/B]
[B]Skirt or Shorts[/B]
[B]The one colour you would not like to have your avatar wear under any circumstances?**[/B]
[B]Number of Posts in This Thread:[/B]
[B]Current Gold Amount:[/B]
[B]Anything Else?[/B]
*Please note, that I do not care in the slightest what your real gender is. However, if you mis-report the gender of your avatar, you may be given an item that you cannot equip! :headdesk:
**Also, due to our limited inventory you may not be able to make specific requests. However I will do my best to keep you away from a colour that you detest. :yes:

Last edited by The_Crow; 08-28-2012 at 05:22 AM..

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 11-26-2009, 08:54 AM

~The Post of Lists~

Donations Awarded:
Pandur
Fallen Wish
LVHAXOR
Lunastar
JasRan-Chan
BloodJade
violetkitty
LoraliLove
StringBean
MiRode
Divasri
crochetinnut
Optional_Data
xXemovampiXx
H o l l y
iiToxicRainbow
Shinsei Roma
Atollie
thatonegirl
Ascuba
Raine Crystal
Amberbard
RuneKitten
Beldroth
L1NT LiCK3R
visi
Saiyacookie
EnglandsSweetheart
Just a guy
Lucifer Lust
Mauraine
Princess Eclair
xXMCRAnggel2107Xx
triforcebear
LeannaAnne
Lindseta
Geek Box
Usako
Paranoid Doll
Mimmu
AvaBeth93 (shiny only)
la bonne fille
mieka (x2 shines)
Zhoent
A Dreamers Wonderland
Inqueery
Krazzing

Pageprizes and Postprizes Awarded:
50g to First and Last posters on page 50.
100g to the First and Last posters on page 100.
100g postprize for post #2000!
150g awarded to 3 users on page 150.
200g awarded to each unique poster on page 200.
300g postprize for post #3000!
250g awarded to 3 users on page 250.
Page 300- Atollie and Desdamin won a Whalecow while Seth1313 picked up a Tropical Candy Stick
550g postprize for post #5500
250 :gold: to each unique poster on page 250.
300 :gold: to each unique poster on page 300.
777g postprize for post #7777
300g told each 'party' guest!
333g awarded to Lylth on page 333.
100g to each unique poster between my leave and return in October
375g to each unique poster on page 375
1000g to Xogizmoox, GummyBearKisses, and Dystopia
1000g - post quote prize - to Xogizmoox
Eliza Red Bathing Costume (f)(Worth 410 !) - post quote prize - to Xogizmoox

Donations Received:
Naoto-chan22 - 120 gold +150 gold
Mitsunari - Approx 300 gold
Rainbow - 500 gold
Keyori- 100 gold
Wicked- 222 gold
Cora Lorington- 40 Starter Shirts
Debi Von Trapp- Pure Gold and 11 items +
Riley Dragonseeker- 100 gold
Belly Button - Purchased a Witches Broom for 500 gold
Alexis Durem - Donated Golden Mystic Faun Horns and a Strawberry Sugar Cookie - I cannot begin to calculate the number of hearts per new user shirt this donation would buy!
Soda - 300g :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Menewshan Staff - 5 Whalecows on My Head (worth 5,000g!)
Scribbled Lore - Orchid Petals (x2), Passing Soul's Coffin
Yreka - Commons, EIs, and CI assortment! :heart:
LizzyCollinsDeArc - Too many trinkets to count! :heart: :sweat:
Bunnyy- 1,002g :heart:
White_rose930- A very generous lot of items, many of which are springtime themed
Aurelie- 5,000g
Lunna Dea - 1,500g
Kylie - 5,000g
Sane - over 16,000g

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you donate to The New User's First Stop, please specify in the comments "For your Charity" as I do receive personal/quest donations, along with charity donations on my main account. Thank you for helping assure that the gold gets to the correct place.

Whitelist (aka people you can converse with if The_Crow is elsewhere):
Saravi Boo
hummy

Warning List (Please be careful!):
LVHAXOR (quintuple-posting)
Loki Nightroad (double-posting)

Blacklist (You no longer qualify for donations, prizes, and/or gifts from this charity):

Last edited by The_Crow; 01-22-2016 at 04:05 AM..

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 11-26-2009, 08:57 AM

Huzzah! I have GRADUATED from the New User's First Stop.

What do I do with the GOLD I earned while posting?
-> Accentuate has a handful of accessories for 100 gold or less that you can pick-and-choose from to begin to customize your look.
-> Jewel's Dream, likewise, has approximately a page and a half of jewelry that can be purchased for 100 gold or less.

Where do I GO from here?

As long as the rules are followed, you are always welcome here. :) Nobody ever 'ages out'. However, as you grow on Menewsha there are other charities in this forum that may be of further, different, or greater assistance:

-> At the End of the Rainbow by Silenia
Why? This is Menwsha's oldest charity in a revamped thread run by a very charitable, helpful, and kind person to menewshans one day old to many years old. The first page currently contains information about special welcoming packets for those who are new. There are also many pageprizes and general donations available.
-> Eggs for Fledgelings - A Charity for New Menewshans
Why? There was one Easter Event where there was a bit of misunderstanding. Users thought they had to collect one egg of every colour to get a prize. It turns out theeggs themselves were prizes. So, between sets for themselves, their mules, to sell, for charities, there are quite an excess of eggs... and most of them aren't bad looking! They just happen to be the highest-surpllused event item in existance on the site, which is lucky for you! Any eggs donated to The New Users First Stop are now redirected to Eggs for Fledgelings.
-> Kultura's Closet
Why? Kultura's Charity is very similar in format to this one. In fact, I pretty much took her idea and scaled it down to an almost-but-not-quite instant gratification level. In her thread, if you make 30 posts you get to choose a Three Piece Starter Set in the Colors of your Choice! This is quite the step up from the "Peasant" Starter Dress/Oversized Shirt. At least you will have something to wear while you're racking up your posts there.
HIATUS :(

Last edited by The_Crow; 01-03-2013 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: At the End of the Rainbow Charity has been resurrected!

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 11-26-2009, 08:59 AM

Signature Link Incentive Programme

Do you already have nice clothes?
Would you like to help out the charity in a way that involves just a minute's worth of effort on your part?
How does a seasonal treat sound for helping with the charity?

... then give the Signature Link Incentive a try!

First, Link to this charity in your signature, using:
A) A Text Link with the title of the charity (or something that would appeal to new folks)
B) This Image:
C) An image of your own, that you wouldn't mind sharing.

Next you continue posting your heart out all over Menewsha, but especially in this thread!

*In the First Version, there was a prize EVERY MONTH if you had a signature link

Past Prizes from the Old Signature Programme FormatX

Past Prizes:
A Random EI
A Lesson in Patience
Bloody Labcoat
Right-Handed Reading or Left-Handed Learning
An Iced Latte (because when you're getting ready to go back to school, caffeine makes the world go 'round!)
A Random Coloued Sparkler
Proper Black Leather Bag
Rock Star Necklace

The Warm Fuzzy Feeling You Get From Doing a Good Deed
Lucky Clover:
Vampire Teeth /
A White O_o Shirt
Spearmint Earrings:

*In the second version, the Crows played a game on each page. A dice roll function was be used to select a post. The first non-bird post selected in this manner will win a random prize from our "pile of shinies": A CI, EI, SNG, or Common.

*NOW It is a bit more random. Sometimes people with signature link banners will be given gold drops or prizes. If the birds are giving something to everyone, they may double the gold or prizes for someone with a signature link. This is in the Charity Thread.

Also, sometimes during EVENTS, Phobos and Deimos will fly around an official thread and gift each user who has a signature link to the charity.

As always, in order to get the bonus goods, you ABSOLUTELY MUST have a working link! It makes us cry to come across somebody who doesn't have a link. Don't be that person!

Last edited by The_Crow; 02-17-2014 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: Updated to the V3: Random Bonus for in thread and Events!

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 11-26-2009, 09:07 AM

Meet My Crows/The Charity Mule

We are Phobos and Deimos. We came all the way from the Hikawa Shrine, Roppongi District, Toyko, Japan to help out The_Crow. One of us is usually in humanoid form to hand out the goodies, while one of us is in crow form to keep an eye on things from the sky and keep the rest of us informed. We really make a great team. If you are a patron of this charity you will most likely receive your starter shirts and gifts, signature link gifts, and pageprizes from us.

Would you like to give us a shiny? We would appreciate that. You can also send it to The_Crow if you promise to specify "For Your Charity" so it will be forwarded to us to keep.

Hajimemashite!

Last edited by The_Crow; 11-07-2010 at 08:37 AM..

Motoko
Motoko

Old 11-26-2009, 09:32 AM

Good luck on your charity <3 *hugs charity with love*

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 11-26-2009, 09:38 AM

Motoko- Thank you very much. -Takes off crown and bows at the waist- I've posted on a few fresh meat threads, but when we receive actual new people here I would be much obliged if you would stay and chat with them (allowing to them to get their post counts up).

Motoko
Motoko

Old 11-26-2009, 09:39 AM

Crow - I would love to I love talking to new people >.<

Mitsunari
Never gonna take me down.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:35 AM

crow: ohhh..... hehehe good luck with youre new charity, I shall now be posting in here as well ^^.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 11-26-2009, 10:44 AM

Probably one of the biggest favours that you two could do, would be to join me in kind of keeping a closer eye on Fresh Meat over the next couple of days and help point people here... especially if they complain about being broke and/or nekkid in their post. Right now is a pretty dead time. I posted a couple of times, but none of the threads are particularly active.

Naoto-chan22
The Soul Consumer
Send a message via MSN to Naoto-chan22

Old 11-26-2009, 11:09 AM

Do I get to help your fresh meat out and stalk you crow-sama?

cheng
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-26-2009, 11:13 AM

Gaahh.... I wanted to steal First post XD
I've been stalking this earlier 8D

Well anyways,Great Idea Its a big help for 'em.
Goodluck on your Charity Crow! :>

TanaChan
Is a Happy Hooker! XD
Send a message via AIM to TanaChan Send a message via MSN to TanaChan Send a message via Yahoo to TanaChan

Old 11-26-2009, 12:32 PM

Can I help too? *gives puppy eyes*

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 11-26-2009, 03:31 PM

Oh I see you have started your charity, Crow. Good luck. ^^

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 11-26-2009, 03:46 PM

Everyone so far is welcome to help. As I see you actively posting I'll add you to the whitelist. However, currently the thread is lacking the nekkid peoples.

Naoto-chan22
The Soul Consumer

Old 11-26-2009, 05:17 PM

You'll get your Nekkid people probably tomorrow being as its a holiday where people sleep a lot ><

Silenia
Goddess of Silly Creepiness, Que...

Old 11-26-2009, 08:05 PM

Good luck, Crow. :)

*Hime*

Old 11-26-2009, 08:09 PM

*pokes head in*
Awe, such a nice thought, giving something to those that just started out!

Silenia

Old 11-26-2009, 08:10 PM

Yeah, it's nice. :)

Naoto-chan22
The Soul Consumer

Old 11-26-2009, 09:47 PM

Hello Hime and Silenia-sama

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 11-26-2009, 09:50 PM

*pokes the thread* I don't mind being on the white lsit but its not a requirement. I will be hanging here anyway, though. XD *gets a rope, ties it around her waist and then around the rafter and starts to wave from one side to another* See, I am hanging! 8D

Silenia

Old 11-26-2009, 09:50 PM

Hey Nao and Saddie. <3