Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-17-2016, 01:05 PM

Alexi takes one of Roland's hands and gave it a slight squeeze under the table. He wanted to help the man he loved. He wished he could make Roland understand that.

"About fifteen years." Kayla said. She was worried for her friend. "I had been living on my own after I ran away from home. Eventually found this place. I started at the grocery store and worked my way up."

Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 06-19-2016, 11:55 AM

Roland squeezed back, it calmed him having Alexi here, and he knew he could do this... at least for Alexi. His hands still trembled a bit, even the one closed on Alexi's, but he was able to focus on the conversation, rather than his growing need. "I'm sorry you had to leave home..." he muttered, not sure what else to say. She had been here so long, come here when she was so young... Why hadn't she stayed with her parents? Probably because of people like his father. He frowned at that, knowing the hurt and pain and hated that his father caused. The worst was that at one point he had blindly followed him, believing every word.

The dark turn of his thoughts were cut off as food was place in front of them. His stomach growled and he laughed lightly. "I suppose I'm hungry..." he muttered and pulled his hand from Alexi. The fries smelled so good, and despite them being hot he shoved one in his mouth. It burned but he didn't care. It was a distraction from his need, and probably the only real meal he'd eat for a few days again.

"What shall we do after this, guys?" He knew it would be late soon, but he wasn't the least bit tired and he didn't feel like going back to their place just yet.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-19-2016, 01:57 PM

"We still have to go to the gardens Lucius said adter taking a bite of his pancakes. "Like you had promised we would do after going to the grocery store."

Just then Mrs. Robertson came over. "Hello Kayla sweetheart. My husband told me you would be coming. Sorry I wasn't here to great you. We are a bit short staffed in the kitchen today."

"That's no problem. This is Alexi, Lucius and Roland. Roland will be working with your husband."

"Oh that's wonderful. Food is on the house today" She said with a warm smile.

Precarious Fool

Old 06-21-2016, 10:03 PM

Roland all but glared at Lucius, why was he acting like he had done something wrong? They'd go see the gardens soon enough, he hadn't planned on running into Kayla, and they needed food. So why was the boy acting like it was such a big deal? He wanted to ask, but was interrupted by a woman approaching the table.

Roland forced a smile, she seemed nice enough but he found it hard to trust that any one would truly be okay with his presence. Despite it being rather rude, he ignored the conversation and went back to his food, scarfing it down while barely tasting it. His hands still shook, but he was feeling a bit better now, so hopefully he could get through the night at least. "Eat up, guys." He said, trying to rush them a bit so they could move on. He needed time, needed sleep before he could even begin to imagine going into work tomorrow.

Right now he hated how negative and hostile his thoughts were and it was a struggle to keep his mouth shut.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-09-2016, 11:14 AM

Lucius felt bad for how he was acting. If he were honest with himself he was nervous. He had been so excited about being able to raise money for them that he hadn't event thought to ask if there were any bikes that had training wheels on them. And what if there wasn't? What if he couldn't help earn money? What would he do all day? He didn't want to be a burden on Alexi and Roland. Well not anymore then he knew, deep down, he already was. He heard Roland say to hurry up eating. He found that he no longer had an appetite. "I'm done," He stated pushing he nearly full plate away. "Roland?"

Precarious Fool

Old 07-13-2016, 11:29 AM

Roland was eating quickly, anything to distract himself from the need he was feeling. How was he going to do this? Maybe he could talk to Kayla about getting more pills... Would she tell Alexi about it? Sighing, he chewed on another fry and watched Lucius. "Why aren't you eating?" He asked, wondering what was with the boy. He seemed unhappy, despite things working out better than he had expected today.

"How's your food?" He asked, turning to Alexi, wondering why he was being so quiet. He was the one who was feeling off, he was the one who should be worried about this town, not Alexi or Lucius, so why were they acting so strange?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-14-2016, 12:54 AM

"I'm sorry I'm being such a brat. I'm just nervous. I don't know how to ride a bike without with training wheels. I don't what I'll do if the gardens don't have bikes with training wheels." He said softly.

"Oh don't worry. They have a few bikes with training wheels." Kayla said with a smile.

"Oh that's good." Lucius said grinning.

"My food is good." Alexi smiled. He leaned up kissing Roland's cheek.

Precarious Fool

Old 07-18-2016, 04:38 PM

Roland forced a smile and kept eating his food, glad that at least Alexi seemed to be okay, and the issue Lucius was having was solved. For now, anyways. He gripped his sandwich tighter than necessary, his knuckles white, the bread and meats being crushed. The food wasn't working as well as he had hoped it would, the urge to take another pill, or find a store and buy some liquor, was stronger than he'd like. Perhaps if they could just go back to the apartment and sleep, he'd be okay... until the morning, at least.

As quick as he could, perhaps too quickly because his stomach wasn't exactly agreeing with him, Roland finished his food, eating the rest of the fries while barely tasting them. Now to just wait for the others. He tapped his fingers, a bit impatiently, on the table top, looking around the restaurant to distract himself. He had left the papers at the apartment, that mentioned what they'd be paid and the like. He had only glanced at him, it wasn't as much as he felt it should be, but he supposed since they were not paying for their apartment and stuff, perhaps that was why. What if he didn't do well in his job? If he was fired, would they be forced to leave since he wasn't working? Perhaps Alexi and Lucius would get to stay, at least. They'd probably be better off without him, anyways. He was sure when people started recognizing who he was, and it got around that he was here, it wasn't going to go well.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 08-07-2016, 03:55 PM

Alexi knows how uncomfortable Roland is being here. Was he wrong to have brought them here? Maybe they should leave. Lucius could always stay here. There was bound to be a family who would take him in. A small wind picked up as he struggled with these thoughts. Would he be able to survive not having a home? He took a deep calming breath and the wind died down.

"Roland I know being here isn't easy for you. So if you want I can take Lucius to check out the gardens if you would be more comfortable going back to the apartment." He said softly laying his head on Roland's shoulder.

Precarious Fool

Old 08-18-2016, 08:13 PM

Roland breathed a sigh of relief at Alexi's idea. Yes, he just needed a nice bed and some rest, and then he'd do fine. "I think that would be a good idea."

With what he could finish of his meal gone, Roland pushed the food around on the plate. His stomach wasn't all that happy with the food, he had probably eaten too much considering how little he ate the past few days. The trembling in his hands had stopped a bit, likely because he was at least a bit distracted, and a bit less concerned since he could return to the apartment and avoid the curious stares. How long before word got out about who he was?

Kissing Alexi's forehead, he climbed from the booth and stood up, unable to sit still any longer. He put his hand in the pocket of his jeans, gripping the keys there. He should probably leave one for the others, so they could get in. His shaking hands made it difficult to do, but he managed to get one off the ring and set it on the table near Alexi. "I'll see you soon."

He shouldn't have run out of there so quick, leaving Kayla, Alexi, and Lucius without so much as a proper goodbye, but he needed fresh air, to move, to do something. As it was he was practically jogging back to the building they were going to call home.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 08-19-2016, 01:10 AM

Kayla watched her friend go. She wished she knew how to help him. But she also knew being here couldn't be easy for him. She stood stretching. "I should head out. Unless you guys need a guide to the gardens."

Alexi took the key that Roland had left for him. "If you don't mind that would be nice." He said filled with worry for the man he loved with all his being. He stood as well.

Lucius stood taking Alexi's hand. He remained silent. He was worried for Roland as well.

"Well then lets go." Kayla said with a smile as the three headed out of the restaurant.

(you can introduce any characters you want(

Precarious Fool

Old 08-19-2016, 11:11 AM

As he neared the apartment he noticed a group of guys standing near the entrance. They seemed to be talking, but what if it was about him? What if they had seen him and were waiting for him to come back so they could... could what? He didn't know, but he didn't want to find out. Why wouldn't they be after him? Groaning, he stopped, fucking between two buildings and dropping to the ground. His hands were uncontrollable as they shook, he could do little other than tuck them under his legs and wait for the sickness in his stomach to pass.

Roland knew he was being paranoid, he could remember getting this way often enough when he couldn't get the pills he needed, or the drink he craved, yet no matter how he tried to rationalize it, he was sure they were out for him. Hurried steps on sidewalk were suddenly someone coming to hurt him, so he panicked and scooted further into the alleyway, his hands scrapping on the stones and debris.

He was supposed to stop, to rid himself of the drugs, but he needed one, wanted to feel normal for just a short time. If he could just get home, get one, then all would be well and tomorrow he would be able to stop. His mind raced and it took him quite a long time to work up the courage to stand and inch his way from the alley. The guys were still there, he would have to get around them. In a fast walk he headed for the door.

"Hey!" A voice called to him, it sounded angry to his paranoid mind and his plan to go home was ruined. Instead he took off... despite the fact that he knew nothing about this city.