Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 10-09-2014, 07:48 PM

Dorian dearly wished that he hadn't have had to change the subject, dampen their warmth and wipe away their smiles, but this was of the utmost importance to him. It was a matter of Akio's health, and perhaps his life. That was invaluable to Dorian. Life couldn't be reclaimed, replenished, or, as he had found out-- extended beyond its natural death. Teeth gritting as he thought over the court setting, he shook his thoughts as Akio began to speak of his own experience with court in Eternia. Dorian nodded thoughtfully at what he was told, none all that surprised of its set-up, though it had certainly seemed to have changed since his own human life. What caught his attention more so was how he reacted, what he said of his father and his role there.

Glancing over his shoulder at him briefly to ensure that he was alright, he gently squeezed Akio's hand as if in encouragement as they walked onwards. "It will be quite different from your typical experience, I am afraid. You will be judged, interrogated, and then a decision as to your future may be made... However, I was granted custody of you until the war is over, so it is likely that may just fall to my discretion." He explained, pausing at the door as he spoke with some notes of relief. At least, in accordance with Celes' earlier orders of Dorian, Akio should be left for Dorian to handle with. Just as Thomas had at once been granted to Byakuya. Granted, that was an entirely different situation, and not so delicate a court case, either. The idea of Akio turning into a creature such as Thomas tugged his stomach to feel rather ill.

Thomas had been slaughtered. His soul kept in the arena of sorts they held court in, tortured mercilessly by Byakuya. Oh, the fame he won-- the glory of the sickening things that had happened there. Dorian had been present, and remembered it all too well for his liking. Even in his darkest of moments, he had never been a fan of merciless action such as that. Had he killed? Quite a few, yes, but with far more.... finesse, perhaps? As Akio drew closer to him, he paused in the doorway to the studio, turning to face him with a half-hearted grin. As he began, Dorian's eyes widened. Was he about to say...? Incredulous for a moment that the other would think of telling him to leave him in their midst, he had tensed, about to refute it immediately, but what he had expected hadn't come. Instead, Akio reminded him that he was there for him.

Gaze drawing to him curiously for a moment, a small, warm smile then graced his lips. "I wish there was an easy answer, too. I would give quite a bit to keep you from encountering court." He admitted softly, then sighing. "I am here for you, as well. I will be standing beside you through it, and be here to warm you after." His words were spoken quite sweetly, with meaning shown as he leaned down to place a gentle kiss on the other's cheek. The whisper a few moments later also caught him off guard, though instead of tensing this time, he shook his head a bit, grinning. He couldn't believe the heart Akio had. "You truly are something." He commented lightly at first, then drawing up his free hand to firmly place itself on one of his shoulder's squeezing it gently in what he hoped to be a comforting manner.

"I will be strong, so long as I have someone to protect. Standing beside you, I will not falter. I will be there for you." Dorian declared firmly, gaze again intensifying just a bit as he then sent a glance over Akio's shoulder. In a smooth motion, he moved to gently pull him the rest of the way inside, closing the door behind them, then leaning himself forwards so that Akio may be resting between himself and the closed door, if he hadn't moved. A playful smile of sorts then lit Dorian's face, with the closeness of them and the perhaps childish gesture of closing the door. As if they were but adolescents, seeking privacy like that. In reality, Dorian had requested they move out of the open and into the study to dissuade any wandering eyes or ears. It would be best not to unravel too much information in front of others, even if they served him.

For a moment, his hand planted itself on the door beside Akio's head, his body leaned in to look over him curiously. Then, the playful look in his eyes dimming, he stepped away, removing the hand he had held on the door, yet still holding one of Akio's. "So... demon court..." He began, sighing softly as his smile dimmed yet again. Where to begin? Tapping his chin for a moment thoughtfully, he ended up scrunching his face with mild distaste before allowing it to fall lax. "It's more of an interrogation. You will be stood up before a jury, on a pedestal, tied in some manner. The jury will be all of demonic nobility, in an arena-style setting... surrounding you, but unable to reach you. They cannot lay a hand upon you." He emphasized that, thinking of Byakuya in the crowd briefly before shaking his head.

"A demonic lord will preside as the judge - I am unsure of which yet - and you will be asked various questions. Some will be unlike those I asked yesterday, others will be of the samurai, of your household and the kingdom... " He thought aloud, trying to consider what strategies they make take with him. Dorian was known for causing mischief, being clever, strategizing for higher ranked officers, and as such he could often read how things in court would proceed before their start. Sometimes, he had even lined up the trial procedures, himself. "There is always someone we refer to as a 'representative' of the 'accused', in this case being me. They are the ones to harm those in our custody, when and how it is seen fit. The degree of injury released is a result of how they answered questions, but also of the crowd. One cannot walk away without injury, for that would bore them... However, few are ever killed, for seeing torment is too dear to many of my kind to end it." He frowned at this, pausing there.

Halloween hangout + contests!

Last edited by Arc Angel; 10-10-2014 at 12:00 AM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 10-10-2014, 12:18 AM

He remained silent after speaking, not moving from where he stood. It would be different he said, judged, interrogated, his future... Dorian was granted custody, so he tried to reassure him that it would most likely be him deciding the last part. "My future decided for me" he whispered, "nothing I have not dealt with before..." He had not meant it coldly towards Dorian, just in general. He had been told what to do, how to act, who to be and what was going to happen for him all his life. He did not look at him for a moment when the other half turned when he did and looked at him as he had spoken the words he had. When he finally did look up, the other was smiling. He tried to smile himself a bit, but for some reason it had not come. He wished it was easy, that he would give quite a bit to keep this from happening. That warmed him to hear, the other wishing to help him now...to protect him.

He said he would be standing by him, that he would be there to warm him after. A light bit of pink tugging at his cheeks a bit with the words. There was a bit of a suggestiveness behind them, even if the other had or had not meant them in such a way. He nodded a bit, before he placed his hand on his shoulder and squeezed, telling him he was truly something. Akio tilted his head a bit, before he shook his head. "I am nothing special...I am only me" he says, "simply me.." He would be strong so long as he had someone to protect. Dorian said that by him he would not faulter. Akio could hear the determination within his voice, a bit of a warm smile forming upon his lips at that. He nodded, trusting in the other's words. Suddenly though, he was pulled inside of the door, before it was closed behind him and he was backed between it and Dorian. His eyes widened for a fraction of the moment, as the other placed his hand next to his head.

For a moment his heart began to race a bit. Was he planning on doing something.....He lost a bit of his smile and moved away. Akio frowned lightly, but quickly replaced it with a normal look. He wondered what that had been for, but he did not speak. He found himself half hoping the other had in fact been planning something, which caused him to blush a bit. He turned his face away to hide it, before the other began to speak. He began to explain court, saying Akio would be placed on a pedestal...literally. Eyes of a jury and crowd on him, as a demon lord ruled over him. He nodded, glancing at him a bit. He watched as he said that he would be the one representing him. A representative who would cause him harm. That was the part that worried him most. Dorian would have to injure him...possibly badly. He did not plan to give them what they wanted, so he knew this would be the part that would not end well.

He gently pulled his hand away from him with a frown and a sigh. He moved away from him to a couch within the room. "I do not care what they do to me...what they ask, or what they desire" he says, sliding onto the seat, "but you will have to harm me...draw my blood it seems." He looked at him a bit with a sigh, "I do not wish to put you through that, especially just when we are beginning to see more in understanding and caring for each other..." He looked away, down at his hands for a moment. "Will you really be able to so easily stand there and do such a thing?" he shook his head a bit, "this is a dangerous game indeed...I do not know what will happen, but I fear for you...for my people and my home...What if..." He looked at him, "what if they threaten to use someone against me again....you know I will not risk an innocent life for myself, I gave in to you in an instant when you threatened someone I knew..."

He looked down, a pain and sadness forming in his eyes, as his heart tugged lightly. "What if they find out about what is going on with us? If they decide to take me from you....you will not be able to protect me, and there will be nothing from stopping them from harming you as a result.." he ran a hand through his hair, "I would never be able to forgive myself if something happened to you..." He let silence fall between the two of them for now, as the thoughts swirled around his head. His heart tight as he thought about such things. A hand went to over his heart, clenching his shirt slightly. The pain inside surprising him a bit with how he was feeling. It only made him more certain that something else was budding inside. Something he was not familiar with, that he was unsure of what to even call it. He felt the amulet brush his finger, lightly sliding it out to look at it for a moment.

Arc Angel

Old 10-10-2014, 05:53 PM

Even as he had meant his words to be reassuring, they seemed to turn against him. Dorian's jaw tensed as he looked over Akio, unsure of what to say further. Yes, his future may be decided for him tomorrow. The demon court could be far more cruel than he reckoned Akio's father to be, however, so he thought mentioning that the decision lay in his hands would be helpful. Apparently not. His eyebrows drew together slightly as a bit of a frown took his face. "If they allow me to act on my own, of course I will give you the choice of what you do." Dorian replied softly, though he was sure that may not help anything. Even if he was successfully sent home, he assumed he would face his father, leading a life of his will until becoming burdened with the kingdom. That was the best case scenario.

It wasn't of the utmost pleasure of Dorian to think it, but Akio would be far safer home than here. That was for certain. "I believe you to be special yet, just as yourself." Dorian replied smoothly to the other's denial of what he had said. It wasn't up for debate with him, it was just something he felt the need to say. Akio was special in regards to family, yes, he was a prince. He was also special in the circumstance as a prisoner of war, of sorts, an invaluable target to the demon horde. However, in this instance, Dorian found him so based off of his kind heart, strong will, bravery... He wouldn't feel quite as he had begun to if not for finding Akio to be a special case. He knew his answer may not be accepted, but that was what he felt, regardless of other input.

The wide-eyed look his sudden actions earned from the other drew a pleased gleam to his eyes, but the subject change itself still caused his smile to dim. Later catching Akio's blush, his insides leapt with delight. He would have to remember that response. As he lost Akio's hand, however, he turned to watch him move away. Sighing softly, he had known he wouldn't get a favorable reaction from this information, but it couldn't be helped. What surprised him of the other's response the most, however, was how most of his worries seemed to... be over him. Dorian had just told him that he would have to harm him in order to protect him, that the court may decide to take his life-- and Akio's response was to speak over worry for others, of him and his kingdom, and of innocent lives.

It drove a wedge in his chest, pain thrumming there as he looked over him with a sudden sadness in his eyes. He froze there for a few moments, unsure of what to say before letting out long sigh. Running a hand up through his hair, he slowly walked over to the couch to sit beside him quietly. Then, crossing his legs before him as he leaned into the comfort of the cushions, he frowned a bit. "Bringing myself to harm you is something I am unsure if I can do. If it will save you from Byakuya, though..." He paused there, twisted up in some mild confusion. Looking over at Akio with a halfhearted grin, he started again, "I will do what I need to keep you from harm, even if that means... harming you in the process. I will not enjoy it." He shook his head a little, his brow creasing a bit further. "I do not wish to disrupt what we have, but I only fear for you." His hands sat in his lap, knuckles whitening as they tightened their grip on one another.

Then thinking of the court, how he had played his role in it over time, he slowly began to try piecing together a strategy again. "They will not think to threaten another life for yours, if you don't lead them to think it. Many are not wise, lost to wishing despair on others... They believe humans to be greedy and selfish, as many here our, ourselves. They may assume you would value your life more than another's. Let them believe that." He spoke cautiously, looking over Akio. He had searched for his weaknesses the day prior, and found a few... He would have to hide them, or extort them, each wisely to suit their advantage. "Akio, they will not find out. I promise. I will play this to your advantage, somehow." He spoke in a lighter manner, trying to soothe him as one of his hands gently moved to rest on the other's knee.

Spying him looking over his amulet, his own gaze drew itself to it, fixated on it curiously. Dorian had known he possessed something of the sort, of course being how he knew to find a charm to disengage its effects as he swept him away. However, lately, he had been able to give Akio casual, affectionate touches. Was it because they lacked malice? He was unsure. Perhaps how it worked would prove of some use. Quirking an eyebrow at him, Dorian slowly spoke up in question. "Your amulet... Say, are you aware of how it works? Its restrictions?"

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 10-11-2014, 10:15 PM

He had not meant to make the other's words seem useless, glancing up as the other tensed a bit. He opened his mouth to speak, but the other spoke first. If they allowed him to acto on his own, he would give him a choice of what he did. He watched him, as he said that he was special just as himself. He blushed a bit, no one had ever said that to him before. It was a bit surprising, and very warming to hear. He gave Dorian a bit of a warm smile. As he sat on the couch, Dorian soon moved to sit next to him.

He crossed his legs and sat back thinking for a moment before he spoke once more. He was unsure if he could harm him, but he would do what he had to if it meant protecting and sparing Akio. He felt the warmth inside of him grow a bit, as his hand tightened around the amulet. He noted the other's kncukles whitening, moving a hand to gently place it upon his. He then began to speak of court once more. Demons thought humans weak and greedy, selfish and selfcentered. This he knew, but it was far from true.

There was good and bad in all races, not everyone was like that, or should be judged on the actions and feelings of a few. He knew demons were the same, which was why he had been trying to give Dorian a chance, even though the other had put him through all of this. It had been benificial, because he was able to get past the darkness, and begin seeing the light. He watched him for a moment, then glanced down, as one of his hands moved to Akio's knee. He blinked a bit, watching that hand for a moment, before the other asked about his amulet.

"My amulet?" he glanced down at it a bit, looking over the blue crystal set in silver. He shook his head a bit, "my mother gave it to me before she..." He fell silent for a moment, "she said it was for protection, that with it, she would always be with me....that it would keep the darkness away, and evil would be unable to touch me." He gave a bit of a light chuckle, "superstition....though it is comforting to have with me...it is the last piece of her that I have...it means quite a bit to me." He glanced at him, "I suppose it is not all superstition....I have noted a few occassions that something has happened, and it seems that something is protecting me...if that makes sense..."

He looked back down at the amulet within his hand, "could it really be because of something so small and innocent though?" he asked, not really to Dorian or anyone really. Then again, he knew that looks could be decieving in many cases. Something powerful could come from something so unlikely. He smiled warmly, seemed his mother was still watching over him indeed. Her love, hope and will for him keeping him safe. But he was still here, in this situation, so it had its limitations. He did not mind, he did not think any less of it. If anything, it meant more now to him than before. As if a piece of her was indeed still living on with him.

He blinked a bit, before brushing his hand over the scarf on his neck. He smiled, before undoing it. "Perhaps it is not the same....but..." He turned, taking ahold of Dorian's hand that had been resting upon his knee. Gently moving the cuff of his shirt, he wrapped the light scarf around his wrist. The fabric soft to the touch, he gently tied it in place, before giving a nod and a light warm chuckle. "There....now you will always be able to have a piece of me with you as well..." he looked up at him, giving him a warm smile. His hands lingered with Dorian's after he had gently tied the scarf in place. He looked at him.

"Whatever happens does not matter...we will face it and move forward, life and time does not give up or give in...and niether shall we" he nodded, never looking away from the other as he spoke. He made a promise internally to do his best and not give in. He would fight and continue pushing forward. It was what he wished to do...not as a prince or a samurai...but as a man. He wished to fight, to live, but not by the rules of another. He had vowed when this began to come out the other side in the end...and that was what he would do.

Arc Angel

Old 10-12-2014, 06:59 PM

Dorian's gaze remained fixated on the blue crystal of the amulet, curiosity dancing in his gaze as he wondered over its powers. As Akio spoke up on it, his eyebrows lifted slightly, his gaze hesitantly leaving it to prefer Akio's facial features as he continued to question whether power of the sort could come from it. Dorian had taken the precaution to counteract the piece with a charm before going through with the attempt to kidnap him, but had it been necessary? Running is free hand up through his hair, rubbing his neck, he frowned slightly as he came up with no answer. He supposed it altogether possible that the amulet did nothing to protect him, though it was also a possibility that it did.

Even so, how the mention of his mother seemed to influence the other did not pass by him. Grinning, he gently squeezed the other's knee in what he hoped to be some sort of comforting motion. "It is altogether possible." He noted, gaze resting upon the amulet for a moment again before shifting to Akio's grasp on his hand. His eyes widened as Akio moved to wrap his scarf about it, tying it there as if it could be a favor given to a knight. A reminder of him, given the dark times ahead. Chuckling, he lifted his hand briefly to look at his handiwork before sending a small smile in Akio's direction. His eyes lit up curiously. "I appreciate this. Though, I would prefer..." He paused for a moment before his grin turned into a bit of a playful one, his free hand lifting to gently frame the other's face with gentle fingers. "...to have you by my side, in place of it."

As he met Akio's gaze however, sensing the strength in him with the words of determination, his hint of playfulness dampened. Sobering so to speak, his gaze returned the other's steady one in understanding. After a few moments of silence, he parted his lips hesitantly, curiously. "I can put my faith into those words." He spoke in a lower voice, soft but steady as his gaze lingered on Akio. Then, leaning forward, he placed a firm kiss on the other's cheek. "I do reckon what comes does matter, though." Another gentle kiss was next to come, beneath the first as his hand slid down to gently cup the side of Akio's neck. "Not that I believe you would give in to it." A grin played across his face as he placed a third kiss along the line of Akio's jaw.

His other hand reached out across Akio, pressing its palm firmly into the couch arm on the other side of him, effectively blocking Akio into this situation as his lips continued on with a fourth kiss to the tender flesh of his neck. "You wouldn't, would you, Akio?" He questioned playfully, voice low and silky as his breath brushed hotly against the other's neck.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 10-12-2014, 09:12 PM

Akio watched Dorian, taking a bit of a breath as the other lifted his hand to take a look at the scarf now around his wrist. He said that he appreciated it, though he would prefer him by his side. His hand moving to his cheek, Akio's skin warmmed slightly at the words and actions. The other looking at him like that, he could see the playful gleam in his eyes. He dampened slightly though, as he spoke next. He could put his faith in the words Akio spoke. Leaning in, a kiss was placed on his cheek, as words followed. What came mattered? He watched him, as his hand slid down. His eyes remaining on his face as the hand now was upon his neck.

His fingers and palm warm against Akio's skin, as another kiss followed. More words came, but he did not fully register them. He did not believe he would give into it? He blinked a bit as yet another kiss was placed along his jaw. The other was moving closer, which made him feel both a bit heated and uncomfortable. It was new to him, causing him to blush a bit. He had been about to stand, when the hand moved over him, pressing to the couch. He was blocking his way now, keeping him there on the couch, as another kiss was placed on his neck. He felt it ripple warmth across his skin, as well as send a chill through him. He teased him, speaking again in a whisper. His breath causing more chills to flutter across his skin.

He was teasing him, and Akio knew it. He was seeking a reaction, even now as they were in this position. As the other had shifted, he had been forced to as well. His body lightly pressing back into the seat of the couch, his head had lightly moved back as the other's mouth had moved to his neck. He felt his heart speed up, racing below his chest. The feeling of the other so close made it seem as if reality itself was slipping away. The room fading a bit, all background noise with it. He was only focusing for the moment on here, on now. Dorian teasing him, but he could not keep the small tinge from his mind that he rather liked how forward the other was.

Bold and a bit agressive...but not in a dark or forced way. He could not explain it, but the other was more forward in such a situation than he could bring himself to be. He swallowed lightly, glancing down at him. "No...I would not....if I must, I will fight and push through......unless..." he hesitated, letting the thought linger, teasing the other a bit now, as he gently traced fingertips down the front of the demon's shirt. "Unless it was something I did not wish to fight in the end..." he spoke, a bit of a smile tugging at his lips. He moved, hoping the other had remotely been distracted by his own slight advance enough to slip out of the reach of his little bind.

Arc Angel

Old 10-13-2014, 03:47 PM

A smile curled along Dorian's lips at the reactions he had earned from his ministrations. Akio was there leaning against the couch, head tilting slightly backwards, blushing, with an accelerated heartbeat he could feel from the placement of his lips on the other's soft neck. Was he enjoying this? The thought made his devious intent curl within him, at the thought that he could bring the young prince to this. That Akio could enjoy Dorian's touch as he seemed to be now. The room melted away as his focus trained itself wholly on the other, his earlier thoughts stripped from his mind as his body reacted pleasantly to the warmth between the little space the two shared.

Who would have thought that a demon could enjoy such an innocent thing just this much? Dorian had shared a few intimate encounters before his descent, but those were so far into his past that they hardly came to mind. What he did consider now, however, was the amount of those he had had since being initialized as a demon. Their number had not been abnormally high for one among his court, but... considering humans usually kept it to one or a few people, it was certainly a number that he was suddenly made wary of. Even so, spurred from the thoughts by Akio's hand moving along his chest, he froze for a moment. He would only fight if it were something he didn't wish for?

Dorian froze in place there for a moment, before a low, but oddly musical, sound came from his throat. Chuckling, he removed his hand from its place across Akio's lap and peeled himself away from the other. Sitting up once more, minding his space now, he leaned his head back and placed a hand over his face. "Who would have thought?" He questioned softly at first, rubbing his temples for a moment before shaking his head and allowing his hand to rest in his lap. Sighing, he lifted his head to regard Akio, a strange mix of warmth and strain in his gaze. The voice in his head had told him to press on with the other, truly make the attempt to taint him-- the human part of him was too ashamed to remain in contact a moment longer.

Lifting an eyebrow at him, Dorian looked over him curiously for a quiet moment. So, he had made his own move to tease him, had he? He would have to note that the other could do such a thing. Not only this, but that he would if the circumstances were right for him to. "My apologies." He managed quietly after a moment, before standing to skim his hand along the back of the couch slowly as he moved instead to one of the windows. The rich-colored curtains billowed gently in the wind entering the home, the sky taking on a burnt orange shade as his gaze scoured the barren landscape. Sighing softly, he would turn to look at Akio from there, his hands resting at the window sill. "I am unsure of how you could stand such a thing, though I am glad you tolerated it for my sake." He spoke thoughtfully, words not spoken darkly, but there was a touch of emotion behind them.

Then lowering his gaze to inspect his shoes suddenly, he frowned slightly. "I worry tomorrow's court will only further your opinion of me in a negative light. Of course, it is perhaps better that way."

Last edited by Arc Angel; 10-15-2014 at 04:11 PM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 10-15-2014, 03:37 PM

He could all but see the smile on the other's face in responce to all of this. He was enjoying it, enjoying the teasing and the closeness. Dorian remained close to him, as if wanting to press on for a moment, before he pulled away before Akio had. Akio's eyes trailed to the man, as he moved, sitting up now. Who would have thought? He tilted his head a bit, watching the other rub his temples. Had he...said something wrong? He instantly was regretting his words, worried about the other, as he apologized then stood. Akio stood as he moved to the window. "No...I am sorry....I should not have said anything...it was foolish, I did not mean to upset you at all" he adverted his eyes a bit saddened. He listened to the words of the other with a slight sigh, his heart tightening in his chest for a moment. "I can stand it just fine" his words had a touch of anger to them, which surprised him for a moment.

He shook it off, glancing over towards him, before he moved to him. "I did not mean that I would give in to anything if it suited needs or something of the nature.." he reached a hand up, to gently press against the other's cheek. Turning his face to him, he looked at him, "It would have to be for the right reasons...for something...or someone..I care for.." He sighed, wondering if his words were making any sense at all. He released the other's cheek, letting his hand drop to his side. "Tomorrow will have no effect on how I view you...It is easy to act one way in front of a crowd, to change a bit in order to blend or fit in" he looks at him, "I am more concerned on basing my opinion of you on what is within....what happens when you are not judged or pushed by the eyes and opinions of others....forced to act or react in order to please another. I wish to know what would be your choices....your feelings when the will is your own, when you are free to make your own path...when you are....you." He brushed a bit of hair behind his ear.

"My words seem to make little sense" he gave a light chuckle, "I have never been in a situation like this before....these feelings, able to speak my mind and heart." He looked away a bit, "perhaps you would think it naivety...innocence, that when what happens happens, my actions will not live up to my words." He moved back to the couch, "I could not blame you for such if you did, we have not known each other terribly long, and all of this happening has been...quite the event. Many are just that...words...." He looked down at his hands a bit, "they can spin a web of beautiful lies and words, that hide the spider and the venom inside....or their actions in the end fall far less than what one was hoping for." He closed his eyes, "words have always been simply words to me....they can mean nothing without the action to back them up. As prince...as a man, I have always tried my best to not say anything that is not true, or that I would not follow through on with my actions."

Opening his eyes, he looked over to Dorian. "I will not tell them a thing....I will not give in to a single demand of theirs, no matter how you or anyone is made to try and persuade me" his voice firm, his eyes never leaving Dorian's. A familiar fire within them, but there was something different about it that one would not find in the mere fire of determination or strength in just any man. He stood, once more moving to him. "I will not change my opinion of you based on them...on this foolish idea of a court" he looked up at him, "and if my opinion of you matters...then change it for yourself, with your own will and actions as I said..." He leaned up of his own will, catching his mouth in a kiss. "Show me who the real you is....then trust me to make the right choice for me" he said against his lips, before he pulled back. He turned, walking towards the door. He had nothing more to say on the subject of court, it would not change his mind, nor his feelings.

Arc Angel

Old 10-15-2014, 07:03 PM

Dorian shook his head calmly at Akio's words, even chuckling a bit darkly as the other made the move to apologize. Akio had done nothing wrong, it was he who had ruined that moment. It was him who had pushed the other's limits, allowed his nature to tempt him towards thinking of other things... Yet, had he been thinking them in such a cruel manner, or? His brow creased slightly as he looked over at Akio, a bit torn. He wasn't sure if he had wished to press him onwards to taint him, on account of his own desire, or if there was more warmth in his actions than he had thought. "No, no, you did nothing wrong. I did not wish to press you into anything." He spoke hesitantly, though he wondered over that. Had he not wanted to press him further?

Dorian was unsure of how to express how he felt, how torn his insides had made him now. It seemed he didn't need to, though, as he was approached. His lips parted, but no words came as he felt the warmth of the other's hand press gently to his cheek. Grinning weakly as his gaze locked onto Akio's, he tried to understand where he was going with his words. What they meant, he could only guess, but they did cause his stomach to feel quite anxious. Akio truly cared for him? Of course. Of course he did, with his kind heart, the affection they'd shared, but how could he be so sure that what occurred tomorrow would not influence his opinion of him? Akio knew not what a monster Dorian had been in the past. Akio hadn't fully seen that side of him, his bloodlust, his resentment. The thought of him being seen these things made his words dry in his throat. Instead of stopping him, he allowed Akio to turn and move to sit down again, this time alone.

The strength in his words astounded Dorian. Many of nobility could indeed weave intricate words to woo those in their audience, to sound sometimes more bold than even their best intentions, but Akio's spoke further than those of any Dorian had had the pleasure of hearing. He was ever-genuine, clearly sensitive, but strong in a manner unlike any other. It was clear that Akio's spirit was driven enough to carve out his own fate. That left Dorian to wonder what it was he, himself, was capable of doing for this young man. What could he do to help Akio, with the heart of a warrior? As he was approached a second time, this time faced with words that seemed to strike him much deeper, Dorian was surprised to find himself receiving a kiss. He was unarmed, standing there with an emotionally clear face for once, composure all but swept away as he became an open book. Quiet in his thoughts and uncertainty, but willing to break down his normal walls. Rather, unable to rebuild them. He returned the kiss gently, one of his hands rising to gentle the other's jaw for a moment before they parted.

Some determination lit his eyes, a slight frown of sorts present on his face as he still tried to conjure words through this speech of reassurance he was receiving. What was even a proper response to this? Dorian soon found Akio to be walking towards the door, a sting in his chest as he realized he wouldn't get the time to reply after all. The other was to leave him here, with his thoughts. How was he to be himself when he had to address his superiors tomorrow? If Akio was not going to give in to anything, what could he do to save him? Running a shaky hand over his face and up through his hair, Dorian let out a slow sigh as he leaned back to sit in the open window sill. Resting his back to the wall, he bit his lip as his gaze followed after Akio.

How did he just stand there, with nothing to say? Shaking his head in frustration, as Akio left the room, his hands curled into fists. He had to protect him. He knew now better than ever that Akio was accepting of him, seemed to care for him, and that was more than Dorian had ever had in quite some time. What he felt now, as one of his hands moved to his chest, was more than he had had the capacity for in longer than he remembered well. It was time to plan. Snapping his fingers once Akio had left the room, Samuel appeared at his side, bowing.

"Sire?"

"Samuel, I have preparations to make. Take careful note of what I'm about to tell you."

"Of course, sire."

The study door would seal itself for quite some time after Akio's exit, no sound coming from within into the hall as Dorian relayed detailed bits and pieces to his trusted servant. It was quite a lot to manage before tomorrow, but it would be done. Next on his list of people to speak with was Celes, his dear supervisor. So, on would Dorian's night go, quiet and rather secretive as he began to form the plans that would shape tomorrow.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 10-15-2014, 07:47 PM

Dorian had been unable to speak, unable to really react. It slightly stung, but he understood as well, as the other seemed confused and silent. He said nothing more, as he stepped out the door. Sighing once alone, he leaned against the wall outside of it for a moment. He ran a hand through his hair, now seeming left to his own. Where could he go? What to do? He made his way slowly back to the shambles, what was left of the room. It was a mess indeed. He sighed, deciding to place his time in cleaning up a bit. Setting to work, he did his best to clean up the debrie. He was unsure of where to put it, or where to find things. He did oddly seem to gain some assistance though.

The demon from before, the one who had shown him where the dining hall had been, and he was beginning to guess the one who had given him the clothing. He had slipped up, leaning various cleaning tools near the door, as he began to pick up the pieces of the wall that Akio had been gathering up. He did not speak, did not even glance at him, Akio did not push him. He did not seem to wish him any ill intent, so he was fine with merely cleaning in peace alongside the demon. Soon the majority of the mess was taken care of...except the exposed caved in spot of the wall, and the all around giant hole by the door. Akio sighed, thinking back for a moment to just a bit before.

He wondered a bit what would have happened if Dorian had not reached him in time. What if the other had been to late. This demon sought to kill him. Would he have succeeded? What if he had, would Akio just be brushed off, or would that man who had allowed his servant to wander off be repremended. He doubted it would be much if he was. Akio was a pawn, they did not care for his life, they would desire him dead in the end anyways. He sighed, unsure of what to do now. The other was dragging away the bags of trash, leaving him to his own. He was unsure if he should remain here...The seal would not do much with a giant hole in the wall. And he could not very well remain here for the night. He shifted his thoughts to Dorian.

He seemed confused and upset. He frowned, not liking to see the other upset. He wished to do something for him, even if it was small. He made his way down to the kitchen, peering in to see the cook hacking away at something that appeared to be meat. He did not ask, taking a breath before he stepped inside. The demon turned to look at him, before glaring and raising the butcher knife and stepping forward. Akio swallowed and held his ground. "Slay me if you will....but I do not believe your leader would like it much" the other paused, seeming to think this over. What would Dorian do if someone did harm him? The other seemed to think better of testing it, grumbling. "I am sure there is something better you would prefer to be doing....I wish to....be of use to your leader...to do something for him" he said, gaining what he guessed was a curious look for a moment.

He took a slight breath, "I wish to...make tonight's dinner...if I may..." The demon bursted into an odd laugher, Akio for a moment unsure if it was at him or something else. The demon stepped forward, Akio tensing, before a lumbering arm was placed around him and he was pulled fully into the kitchen with more odd grumbles. The demon began directing him, pointing to and fro. They seemed to have reached an odd sort of balance, both because of Dorian and because of cooking. Because of this, Akio was soon preparing a sort of meal, aided by the demon. He was surprisingly skilled in cooking, he had helped his mother who had found it relaxing to help within the kitchens when she had been alive.

Soon enough as darkness fell, he was setting the table, the cloth one that that the cook had brought out. It was white, with red around the edge, and gold intricate swirls running throughout it. Gold candle holders were placed by vases of red roses and green additions that had been brought in by some of the others who tended to the surrounding area of the castle. Bit by bit the dining hall turned into a warm and cozy place, that seemed less hollow and empty. He smiled, lighting the candles as the cook helped to place the finishing touches on things, before slinking back into the kitchen. He took a breath, moving out to the door. Dorian would hopefully be arriving any minute for dinner, and he wished to meet him at the door.

Arc Angel

Old 10-15-2014, 08:37 PM

While Dorian remained quiet and out of sight most of the remainder of the day, he did have several visitors in the matter of time. He worked diligently, not sparing a moment between speaking with other court members he had stop by last minute to varying members of his staff. Things needed to work together smoothly. He had set Samuel to keeping a watch over Akio for him, hopefully out of sight and out of mind, but if he were to focus he needed to ensure the other's safety. This was all for Akio's behalf, so it would betray his purpose and injure him greatly to have the other harmed on account of his absence. Akio... His words from earlier echoed in his head as he replayed them. Akio wanted Dorian to be himself, alter his opinion of him through his actions. So be it.

It was only a firm rap on the study door that stirred Dorian from his work on orchestrating the day to come. Sighing softly as he found himself alone for the first time in the span of time since Akio had left him, Dorian straightened himself up to answer it. Samuel stood there, a rather amused smile lining his lips.

"Dinner is awaiting you, sire."

Dorian regarded him curiously for a quiet moment, unsure of what the look on the other's face could mean. Then, letting out a slow sigh and nodding towards him, Dorian squared his shoulders and took to straightening out his attire a bit. He wasn't sure why he did so, but he reckoned the idea of seeing Akio again brought it on. He wanted to look nice, not like he had spent the remainder of the afternoon hard at work. He wanted to be prepared with the right words, the right response to what he had left unanswered earlier. Realizing he had left the man standing there in the silence, Dorian cleared his throat a little and gathered his composure. Grinning, he nodded. "Right." He spoke simply, stepping around him before pausing. Turning on his heel, he lingered there. "Samuel, do I look alright?" Dorian questioned oddly, looking down at himself before offering a grin to the servant.

"Quite swell, sir. Might I recommend unrolling your cuffs?" The other replied, still quite amused, even daring to quirk a curious eyebrow in his master's direction.

"Ah! Yes, thank you." Dorian replied thoughtlessly, though it wiped the amusement right off of Samuel's face. That was the first time any genuine word of thanks had passed from Dorian to him. It touched him in a way he wouldn't admit as Dorian strode off. The older gentleman stood there for a few moments longer, lingering in the oddity of how up-beat and invigorated Dorian appeared now. Just wait until he saw the dining room.

As he strode down the halls with some enthusiasm, Dorian gathered his words carefully in his mind. He couldn't just let things settle how they had earlier. After his afternoon of planning and working towards a response, he was determined to tell Akio what he thought now. Perhaps what he felt, whatever this warmth was. He unrolled and straightened up his shirt sleeves as he stopped outside of the door to the dining hall, taking a breath before slowly opening it. There he was. "Akio," Dorian breathed as if in relief before moving to him, hesitating for a moment, then smiling sheepishly as he gently pulled him into a hug.

"I couldn't figure out what to say earlier. You are so strong, certain of yourself, and lately I've been confused." He admitted, speaking quite openly. Stepping back a little to look at him, gaze more determined as he spoke firmly. "I didn't know how to react to someone telling me to be myself, to trust in their words and feelings. It's not how I've been living... I do trust in you, though. I may not trust in the dealings of the court, or that you could get by unharmed, or even myself, at times. I have faith in you. It is your choice how you view me, and I know you will stand strong tomorrow. This won't break you, and it won't harm anything between us. I know all of these things to be true now. I will be the man I want you to see." As he finally got the chance to make his response, Dorian felt a weight slip from his shoulders as he looked over Akio for a quiet moment.

"I am sorry I did not reply earlier. I was torn, and I am unused to speaking my mind. I promise, I am working on it." He spoke softly now, his hands moving to caress either side of the other's neck as he leaned down to gently claim Akio's lips with his own. It was a sweet kiss, warm and meaningful, what Dorian hoped to be telling of his shifted mindset. Parting a few moments later after lingering, he smiled fondly down at him, one of his thumbs brushing over his cheeks before he slowly lifted his gaze to finally note the state of the room behind him. Surely, none of his staff would have done such a thing on their own.

"Akio, you... did this?"

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 10-15-2014, 09:17 PM

Akio stood ready, smoothing out the front of his clothing. He had been able to shower again after cleaning, not wishing to be dirty for dinner. While things were cooking, and a new pair of clothing more formal in nature had been given to him. He wore black pants and shiny black shoes. A white shirt, tucked in, that held the slightest peach coloring to it, and a black vest. He smiled, hoping he looked presentable enough to please the other, as the door opened. He looked up hearing his name, opening his mouth to speak. He was silenced quickly though, as he was pulled into a hug. Blinking slightly, he blushed lightly at the warmth now pressed against him. Dorian began to speak then. He did not know what to say earlier, calling Akio certain of himself and strong.

He was not sure of those words, glancing up at the other as he said he was confused. He looked at him when he stepped back, and continued speaking, letting him get it out. He did not know how to react to being told to be himself. His life had not been that way it seemed. He said he did trust him, but not that he could get unharmed in the court. He had faith in him, it was his choice how he viewed him. He smiled warmly with the words, the other trying to get his feelings across made him smile and feel even more warm and happy within his chest. The mouth then coming in to meet his, catching his in a kiss. Akio let his eyes slide close, enjoying the warmth of the other's mouth on his. He shakes his head when the other tried to apologize "it is alright, do not apologize." He blushed a bit though, as he looked back past him. He asked if he did this.

As he spoke about the room, Akio swallowed to turn his head and look at the room. He nodded, "yes, I am sorry if it was out of bounds" he said, hoping the other would not be mad at him. "I wished to do something happy for you, and your cook was able to help me put this together for you..." he smiles warmly at him. He took his hand, pulling him to the table. He pulled out his chair for him, to let him sit down. "I wished to do something to make you happy, to make you smile...When I aw you earlier and you were upset and confused, I wanted to do something to help lift your spirits and to lighten the weight upon you" he looked up to him, giving him a warm smile. He reached out to take his hand, letting him sit into the chair. He picked up his glass, pouring what the cook had designated as his favorite wine within.

Once done, he sat the glass back next to his plate. He moved around to the chair next to his, sliding it out from the table. "This is not much...I know it is small, but it is something special just for you" he smiles, "I also helped to clean up upstairs...The room was in shambles, and I apologize for that." He looked down a bit for a moment, "I wish that it had not come to that, that it could have been different..I am very grateful for you to come to my aid. You wished to help me...to protect me. Weather it was simply because I was under your protection or something more....no...what you said just before made things more clear." He smiles, reaching a hand over to place upon his, "you do care for me, and you are trying...that means a lot to me, I am trying as well for you because I do care for you as well....and if I am able to do even small things to help show that, I am happy to make you smile."

Arc Angel

Old 10-16-2014, 06:24 AM

The warm smile and overall reaction he was met with did much to further relieve him, leading Dorian into smiling fondly down at Akio before allowing his gaze to move about the room. He studied the chosen tablecloth, the golden candle holders, the red roses placed throughout the room meticulously, his golden gaze taking its time in soaking up all the details as a look over wonder passed over his features. It gave the room a warmth he now felt it had been missing. A grin curled his lips upwards as he allowed his gaze to trail back over to Akio. He, too, seemed to have cleaned up and changed for dinner. "Out of bounds?" He questioned thoughtfully at first as he blinked with a bit of surprise as Akio. Chuckling lowly, Dorian shook his head as he gently reached up to brush his hand against one of the other's cheeks. "The only thing out of bounds is your apology. Please, there is no need for it. Everything looks rather nice." He admitted, a sheepish twist in his smile as he heard the reasoning the other had for this. This was all for him?

Gently wrapping his fingers around the hand that reached for his, Dorian followed along behind Akio. Taking his lead, he sat down with a calm smile as the other poured him a glass of wine and began to explain himself. As the glass was set down, Dorian inspected it for a moment. Akio had even picked out what was undoubtedly his favorite wine for the occasion. The amount of thought that had gone into this, the effort on the other's behalf, it touched him. Warmth flooded into his chest as his gaze softened upon Akio. Dorian should have been the one comforting him. It wasn't Dorian about to face a trial, nor the harm the next day may bring. It wasn't him being held against his will in an otherworldly home. Yet, here Akio was, doing something to lift his spirits. "You definitely succeeded in lifting my spirits... You didn't need to do all of this, but I do appreciate it." He spoke with a smile, voice calm as he again regarded some of the detailed decor present.

"To me, this isn't small. It's very sweet of you to coordinate." He replied sweetly, genuine as his gaze fixed on the other's. Then, at the mention of the room, he let out a soft sigh as his smile turned into a mere grin. "The room is not your fault in the least sense, Akio. Byakuya is to blame, and I swear he will not get the chance to do so again in this house." A dark tone struck his voice, but it was only momentary, and only at the thought of Akio coming to harm from that wretched ghoul of a man. Dorian wouldn't be having that. A light pink coloring touched his cheeks as Akio spoke of feelings, particularly in his belief that Dorian did care for him. Of course Dorian had had better reason to save him than to protect what was in his care. Why else would he have felt so panicked, so desperate?

Clearing his throat a little with the wish to overcome his bout of shyness, Dorian's hand gently held the one that Akio rested atop his own. "I am only glad to have the pleasure of your affections." He spoke after a moment, a tad hesitant, though entirely firm and honest. "I will do my best to keep you smiling from here on out. Whatever needs to be done." With this another smile washed over his features as his gaze fixed itself on the other. "You look quite handsome, young prince." He then noted, winking playfully at Akio as he took up his glass of wine. Swirling it once casually, he took a slow sip to savor it before setting it back down again with a nod and a smile. "I will have the room fully repaired for tomorrow. In the mean time, other arrangements will be made for you. You don't need to sleep among rubble." He explained, then a curious thought brushed past his mind. The night was coming to a close, he had spent his last few hours working as Akio prepared this, and tomorrow may be a rough day.

"Akio, what would you like to do tonight? Whatever it is, I will ensure it happens." He promised, a more serious tone taking his voice as he made the offer.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 10-16-2014, 09:51 PM

Akio looked to Dorian as he spoke. He said that it was not out of bounds, that he did not need to apologize. He smiled warmly, watching the way he smiled was rather cute. He watched the fingers wrap around his, his own returning the linking. He was relieved to hear that the other was indeed happier. He said he did not need to do all of this, but he appriciated. It was not small, but he found it sweet. Akio shook his head, "I know I did not need to...I wanted to, for you" he smiled warmly.

He then shifted into the topic of the room. It was not his fault. His eyes glanced away slightly, as he said the other was to blame. He would not get the chance to do so again in this house...but neither of them would remain locked up within here forever... He nodded a bit, glancing at him once more. He was blushing lightly when he spoke of his feelings, chuckling lightly as he found it cute. He said he would have the room repaired for tomorrow....tomorrow.. He nodded, at the words of other arrangements being made. When the other spoke up next though, he blinked a little bit.

He smiled warmly at the other saying he would ensure what he wished to happened, basically telling him to just ask. "Then I ask for you to trust me...for tonight..." he said, without hesitation. "I have taken the time to prepare a few,....other surprises for you, this is just the beginning" he smiled, a slight playfulness within them. "For now....just relax..." he glanced up as the food was brought out. It had been ready to go, the cook and those who helped in the kitchen taking care of the last efforts. Once done, he thanked them as they went back into the other room.

He blushed a bit, looking to the food. "I do hope my skills are not to rusty" he laughed warmly, "it has been awhile since I have been able to...be creative within the kitchen." He looked to Dorian, giving his hand a light squeeze. He was glad that this made the other happy, that it made the weight upon his shoulders lessen a bit. As he sat there, he took a breath. Tomorrow was indeed going to be something that was going to push the two of them. He wanted tonight to be nice...free of stress and pain, for either of them.

He wanted tonight to be a chance for them to be themselves, for them to enjoy each other's company and have fun. He hoped the other would indeed trust him, he had taken care to multitask when making dinner. He had a few things up his sleeve, one which made him on edge a bit. It was something he was not sure that the other would enjoy or be comfortable with. He hoped that he would be, it was something he had been trained in a bit, something he himself was a bit...awkward with, though not bad at.

However, it would be something for the two of them, something he hoped would strengthen this growing bond between them. His eyes on Dorian, he gave his hand another light squeeze, as a warm look formed over his features. "Tonight at least....lets not worry about tomorrow....about what might or will be" he said, "tonight let us worry about the now...the here...you and me."

Arc Angel

Old 10-17-2014, 04:23 AM

Hearing that Akio had done this because he had wanted to just for him, of his own will, touched Dorian. His free hand lifted to lightly rest upon his chest as he heard this, a grin spreading across his face as he took the notion to heart. "I am honored you would think to do so for me." He replied after a quiet moment, eyes resting fondly upon Akio as he went on to say that he had more planned. They would be surprises for later in the night. What he meant to do with him, Dorian was unsure. It was definitely something of a curious thought though, to say the least.

Was that a playful tone he picked up? Resting his chin lightly on his free hand as his gaze remained fixed calmly on Akio, curiosity swept over him. Raising an eyebrow as he considered what he may mean, he tried briefly to think of what it may be before discarding the thought. It was something to look forward to, not ponder at dinner. Instead, he chuckled and shook his head with a bit of disbelief. "As you would like, I'll trust in your plans... whatever they may be." He spoke with a bit of playful suspicion, smiling warmly over at the other. As they were served, Dorian looked over the food curiously before casually picking something to try for starters.

"Let's see if they are," he chimed playfully, chuckling as he picked up a first bite with his fork calmly. Swallowing and taking his time, he then slowly slid his gaze back over to Akio. At first he wrinkled his nose as if in disgust, but this was just an act-- a moment later he was smiling warmly in his direction again. "It's delicious, really. Thank you again for this. Balthazar may be skilled, but his range is only so-so." He commented thoughtfully, noting what had been prepared wasn't quite as the usual for him. It was a refreshing change, not that the food he had been served prior hadn't been satisfying. "How do you know your way around a kitchen?" He then questioned casually, a bit confused as to how a prince would wind up working to cook his own meals. It didn't seem beyond Akio to try, but Dorian wondered if there was more to it.

Feeling the squeeze of his hand, his gaze trailed to their entwined fingers for a moment before lifting back to the other's soft features as he returned it with a slight squeeze of his own. Why things weren't tense, he wasn't sure. Dorian was relishing the lack of it, however. "I couldn't have said it any better, myself. I agree, let's not worry of anything further tonight. We've thought over enough today." He responded firmly, words a tad serious, though with warm intent. He intended to allow his guard to remain down, to actually try opening up to this man. As he ate, he took pleasure in having Akio beside him. They had the night together yet to look forward to, after all.

"I have something for you, as well. For later." He spoke up thoughtfully after a few moments, as if to remind even himself of what he had in mind. Dorian may not have any grand plans as Akio seemed to, but he did have a sort of... present for Akio. Reaching down with his free hand to pat his pocket to ensure its place, Dorian grinned as he felt it briefly before returning to eating.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 10-17-2014, 04:06 PM

He watched as Dorian moved a hand to his chest, once he had finished speaking. The other saying that he was honored that he would think to do something for him like this. He smiled warmly at that, happy that Dorian was pleased indeed with how things had turned out. He then shifted to rest his chin on his hand, as he continued to watch Akio with his eyes. He saw the curiosity in the other’s eyes, which only made him more excited and anxious about what would be to come soon. He agreed to trust him, Akio letting out a light breath. “Good, just leave it to me” he smiled once more, lighter this time. The other then moved to take a bite, and he felt himself freeze a bit once more in anticipation. What if it was horrible? What if the other hated it, or was allergic to something. Did demons even have normal allergies? He knew they could be affected by certain things, but he was unsure of such simple allergies.

He took the bite, Akio watching in the process. As he made the face as if he hated it, Akio’s heart sank. Sadness tugged at his heart, and he almost apologized and made to suggest something else, when the other smiled. He blinked curiously, before Dorian began to speak again. He said it was delicious, thanking him. Akio felt a bit of heat raise to his face, “I-it was no trouble” he said, “I enjoyed it, and I am glad that you like it.” He felt relieved, that the other did truly like it, instead of finding it repulsive. That was a much better reaction indeed. Dorian asked how he knew his way around a kitchen, and he blinked for a moment, slipping out of his thoughts. “My mother…she enjoyed many things, one of which was cooking. She let me help her when she would help the cooks years ago….she found it a way to express one’s self…like with music or art, merely art you can eat” he chuckled lightly.

It was something I enjoyed, and continued to experiment with when I could…though of course, things were not always so simple” he looked at him for a moment. Dorian had squeezed his hand back, and for a moment he glanced down at their hands. He agreed not to worry about anything else for the night, the other seeming happy to be there with him. He as well was happy to be here, though he knew the thoughts for the moment were still lurking in their minds. It would take a bit of time to hopefully fully get them to silence. Dorian then spoke that he had something for him as well. Curiosity rose within him, but he did not pry. He did wonder what the other could have for him, or why he felt he had to do anything for him. The otter would most likely have his justifications, so Akio would allow him his way, and remained silent on the topic for now as they ate. He had prepared a variety of things, though not enough to overpower them.

He did not wish to overload the other, or to overwhelm him. Instead, he let him eat and enjoy at his own pace, spending the time together in light conversation. Simply enjoying each other’s company. He took a sip of water, as dessert was brought out. It was almost time, and Akio’s heart was beginning to pick up a bit. Soon enough, as the dishes were being taken away, he slowly stood. He took a breath, before holding out his hand gently to Dorian. “Time for phase two” he chuckled, half teasing him with his words. Once the other took his hand, he told him to close his eyes. Leading him out the way and down the hall. He knew the way, as he had stumbled upon it earlier. A room that did not look as if it had been used to often. Taking a breath, he left Dorian to stand at the doors, before moving into the room. “Alright…you may look” he said, blushing a bit as the other would open his eyes. He had found a ball room.

It had been cleaned, the chandelier overhead giving a low glow. Warm candles gave a little extra warmth and light, as their flames flickered across the walls. He had had some help setting up a record player, before placing a thin black disk upon it. Carefully, he placed the needle into place, and a warm music began to play within the room. He smiled, slowly stepping over to Dorian. “It seems you have not used this room for a while….it made me wonder, if you are as good with your feet as your words” he chuckled, once more taking his hand. He led him out towards the center of the floor, the two of them alone. He intertwined the fingers on the one hand, before using his other to gently place Dorian’s other hand on his hip. His heart still beating a tad faster, e avoided the other’s gaze in a bit of embarrassment as he placed his now free hand upon the other’s chest. Finally, his eyes moved up to meet Dorian’s, as he took a small step closer.

Arc Angel

Old 10-17-2014, 07:30 PM

Dorian noted the look in the other's eyes as he had made that face designed to be playful, the sadness he found making him regret having toyed with him at all. He had only meant to tease him, not actually hurt his feelings. His smile took an apologetic turn, even as Akio replied that he was glad he liked it. He still wasn't sure why Akio had felt the need to go through all of this trouble for him, but Dorian certainly wasn't about to complain over it. It was a nice touch of warmth to what had been an otherwise hectic afternoon. The blush and slight stammer of the other drew a low chuckle from him as he regarded him with his chin placed in his free palm. Taking his words in thoughtfully, he then hesitantly commented, "It seems you were very close to her." He spoke gently, realizing the mention of his mother was a soft spot for him, but unsure of whether even just saying so would be in poor taste. Dorian was used to taking advantage of others' soft spots, no treating them with care as he now tried.

"I hadn't thought of food that way before," He then added casually, looking at his plate thoughtfully. "My father and I cooked together, but it wasn't for the sake of experimenting or really trying to make anything taste special." Dorian thought to add more, but ended up stopping there with a grin. Their conversation continued on pleasantly, leading up to the end of their dinner and the offer of Akio's hand. Sending a small smile in his direction as curiosity again lit Dorian's eyes, he gently took the hand he was offered and stood to await directions. "As you say," he replied calmly, simply agreeing to go along with it as he wondered over what exactly he had planned. What would the prince wish to do with him? Dorian's thoughts swirled at the question as he complied and gently closed his eyes.

Stepping carefully as he was lead away, Dorian tried to track where he was being lead, only to be unsure of where they had ended up at the end of their little trek. When allowed, he took in a breath and opened his eyes. His gaze trailed over the room and how it had been cleaned, well-lit, and even prepped for music. His eyes widened a bit at the sight as he stepped into the room after Akio, head turning to take in what he had accomplished to plan in so short a time. "I wouldn't have ever expected to have this in use again... I have had some company here in the past, but that was over a century ago." Dorian admitted at first, taken aback as awe spread over his features. Then, casting his gaze in Akio's direction, he smiled at him warmly. "I certainly wouldn't have guessed to have you lead me here, either."

At the playful words from him, an amused chuckle came from Dorian as he moved to meet him part way. "Allow me to show you." He replied smoothly, playful in a manner not meant to be cocky. He was skilled with dancing, as it has been an important aspect of his court life now when it occurs, but it wasn't something he spoke proudly of. He accepted the other's hand within his own, holding it calmly as he was lead to place his other hand at Akio's hip. The bout of shyness he saw in Akio drew a smile to his lips as the hand he rested on his hip held him with a gentle firmness. When he was granted the other's gaze again, he chuckled. "There we are." He spoke with a smile, then waiting for a proper beat to begin with a simple step forwards, gradual in drawing Akio into a dance that eventually had them gently circling one another about the expanse of the tiled marble floors.

He lead him with calm hands but a firm grasp, the lights overheard shining down on them warmly as the sky outside the expansive windows of the room had come to a deep crimson in color. Dorian smiled warmly down upon Akio, quiet but at the same time attentive of him and his movements. His gaze lingered about the other's face in his handsome features, trailing along his jaw, the curve of his cheeks, his nose, then drawn in to his lips. A bit of a devious flicker coming to Dorian's eyes, he gently released Akio's hip as he guided his hand to hold the other's above his head, leading him into a twirl-like motion if he took the cue.

He then reeled him back in, his arm moving to wrap around him in a momentary pause as he moved to draw the other's back partly into his chest. If successful, smiling, he could move to steal a quick kiss from Akio before laughing upon his returning to leading him back into the regular dance steps. "It's been some time since I've last danced, like so. We occasionally throw small balls of sorts for diplomatic reasons, but they've come to a pause in past years." He spoke with a bit of nostalgia, though his smile didn't dampen.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 10-17-2014, 08:52 PM

He noted the apologetic turn, not wishing to have him feel bad about the teasing. He was just relieved that he was alright. The other then said that he was close to his mother. He nodded a bit, looking to him. "Yes, she and I were a lot alike as I have been told" he nods, "I loved her, and she is missed everyday." Dorian said that he had not thought about food as such. He had cooked with his father, but it had not been anything big it seemed. "Awe" he gave a warm smile to him, finding it cute. As dinner had gone on, he was glad to see the other open up and talk to him. As he gave into him leading him, he could see the other curious about what was going on. As soon as he opened his eyes, Akio smiled at the widening of them. He was indeed surprised, caught off guard it seemed by this. He had not been expected to use this room again he said, that he had company long ago.

He gave a warm smile as he continued to say he had not had guessed this was where he would have been led. "Well then, it seems to be a plesant surprise indeed" he chuckles. He asked for him to allow him to show him, and Akio nodded. His hand on his hip was firm but not painful. He looked up at him as they slowly began to move. First one step, then another. Soon they were moving across the floor, in a smooth and elegant dance. He held Dorian's gaze, as they moved. He was skilled in dancing as well, it was needed for parties when held at the castle. He was light on his feet, fluent and elegant. He moved with a grace, as the lights moved over them. He saw how the other moved as well, impressed by how well indeed the other was skilled. When he let go of his hip and lifted his hand he chuckled. Being twirled was different, but it was in fun. The other pulling him close then, his arm wrapping around him and pulling him close. Their mouths meeting in a kiss.

He had guessed the other had wanted to do that, and part of him had been hoping he would. Dorian had been looking at him, and Akio had been looking back. Dorian was handsome as well, demon or human. He had nice features, ones that he could not deny that he found attractive. He said it had been awhile since he last danced, that they threw balls, but they had not come in some time. Akio smiled warmly, looking at him as he seemed to speak as such. He leaned in, lightly catching his mouth once more in another light kiss. "Sometimes it is best to leave the spotlight behind....simple things can sometimes be the finest..." his eyes looking into his for a moment. He did indeed agree with these words, one to prefer simpler things himself. It was odd, for a prince, but it was his taste. He did not need big or fancy and expensive things to be happy. He was happy being with those he loved, or cared for. He was happy just being...

He paused, he was happy being here... He glanced away for a moment, though he did not know why he was hesitating with his thoughts. There was nothing wrong with feeling happy right now...though with all that came with it. He sighed, pushing those thoughts away. Not tonight. The other had agreed to let things fade for now, to let it be just them, and he had been doing that. Akio had up until now, but allowing himself to think that he was enjoying it here had tugged at his heart a bit. "I am happy...to simply be here with you...now" he said, his voice slightly low. He turned his gaze back to his, looking into his eyes. "I am happy to be able to share a peaceful and happy night with you, considering everything" he chuckled once more, not meaning it to be such a weight. He reached a hand up, gently brushing his fingers over his cheek.

"I am happy to.....be close to you.." he said, trying to word his words well. Their bodies slightly close once more. The warmth between them apparent. He could feel it, and it succeeded in helping to warm his body further. It heated his face though, as he realized that they were pressing against each other. He did not wish to make things awkward, taking a half step back, only enough to grant a slight space between them. He did not pull away fully though, because he enjoyed the feeling of being close to him. He enjoyed dancing with him, allowing the two of them to continue on across the floor. Their movements rythmic and flawlessly easy as they moved. Effortless, like second nature to them, without even thinking.

Arc Angel

Old 10-19-2014, 06:24 PM

With the idea fresh in his mind, Dorian allowed his thoughts to try conjuring what Akio's mother figure must have been like, from what he had been told. It didn't happen to be difficult to picture a kind woman with the look of Akio, though the idea that another person could happen to have as much heart as he did was more taxing to imagine. Akio had surprised him in many ways in their short time alongside one another, but that which he found himself most treasuring was the heart he had. He was brave, strong, and determined, all while maintaining a kind heart and strong moral grounds. It was something rare and precious, indeed. The thoughts added warmth to Dorian's smile as he initially viewed the ballroom, chuckling himself as he heard Akio speak up. "It certainly is. It's a marvelous surprise, that you've done all of this." He spoke openly, voice remaining calm in his surprise, but warm nonetheless.

As the two stepped in unison, both seeming to hold grace to measure up to the other's, Dorian found himself both rather delighted and impressed with Akio's fluidity in motion. Even as he twirled the other, he seemed to know how to follow what few cues he was given. Chuckling as he went for the twirl as he had hoped, Dorian watched fondly as Akio's form moved with ease into his waiting arm. There was something in the details of his features and form under the lighting now and in their closeness that drew him in like a moth to flame. He found himself relishing the warmth of their contact, the other's expressions, within his own chest. The light kiss he was given drew him to grinning pleasantly against the other's lips. "Yes, while the spotlight can be a bit shallow." Dorian agreed thoughtfully, wondering what had drawn the other's words. Did he find this simple? Dorian would like to think it so, with the two of them circling one another in the warmth of the intimate lighting. Simple didn't seem so bad.

Catching the movement of Akio's gaze to shift away, he wondered what was going through his mind. Quite a bit had happened as of late, and while Dorian didn't hold the reigns of greater control here, his move to whisk Akio away had set this into motion. It weighed down on him for a moment, the warmth in his chest mingling with darkness while he tried to forget. He wanted to forget it all, however difficult that proved. The other stating that he was happy here and now certainly brushed away some of that darkness. Lifting his gaze to return the other's, Dorian's eyes widened slightly. His lips parted for a moment, only to close as his expression softened and he too let out a soft chuckle. "I am happy, too. I... hope for more time with you, like this." He spoke with sincerity, though worry tainted his tone just a bit. What was to come could shred those hopes, if he allowed it. Feeling the other's hand upon his cheek knocked back that sense of worry however, if only for now.

A grin smoothed over his features as Akio spoke again, this time about their closeness. It made him happy? He took note of how close they were now indeed, their bodies gently brushing against one another's as they took closer, slower steps. His gaze focusing on Akio curiously at his comment, he noted what seemed to be a blush, or rather, heat gathering in his face. Chuckling but not saying anything of it, Dorian inwardly agreed. He also enjoyed their close proximity. Even so, Akio took a half step away in what Dorian assumed was an attempt at keeping his comfort zone. Yet, hadn't he just said he liked being close? Dorian wondered over it as they continued in their effortless strides across the floor, trailing about in light movements as his gaze remained upon Akio, truly entranced with the other. The current song wound down, lower notes indicating a coming end as Dorian gently pulled Akio closer in only to lead him into another twirl, if he would allow for it. This time, however, instead of drawing him in to rest the other's back to his chest, he would move so to dip him at the song's end.

If the movements were followed through well enough, by the last notes Dorian would have Akio tilted over in one of his arms as he himself bent over the other. A warm, playful sort of smile would line his lips as he again bent down to steal a kiss from the other. This one would be slightly different, however. While it was warm and gentle not unlike the others had been, Dorian put more heart into this one. He wished to tell of how he too enjoyed their closeness, their warmth, how much he appreciated what Akio had set up for them... and he relayed it through this one, longer passionate kiss. After he parted with a grin and set the other upright, though he maintained the same close proximity. Gently releasing the other's hip but maintaining his hold on Akio's hand, an idea crossed his mind as he remembered what he had in store for the other. A small trinket, but important nonetheless. "Come, I'd like to show you something." He spoke thoughtfully, smiling as he gently pulled the other along to the glass windows of the ballroom. Just beyond them was a small balcony of sorts, often left unused, though from outside roses could be seen rambling up along this side of the manor.

Once outside there, the night air cool but refreshing, Dorian cleared his throat a little as he allowed his free hand to fish into his pocket for a moment. "Earlier, when you gave me the scarf of your as a piece of you, I thought to return the favor. It just took me quite some time to think over what would suit. I wanted it to me something of importance." He explained, sheepish tones striking his voice though he maintained his composure. After speaking he produced a silver ring, holding it within the palm of his free hand for Akio to claim. "I was told it had been a part of my family for quite some time, but that name was abandoned with me... I used to wear it all the time, it was a tie to my humanity. Now, I'd like you to have it. It's a piece of me to carry with you. It's also... a symbol of how you brought my human side back." He admitted, averting Akio's gaze as he finished to instead focus on the simple ring he held. "It isn't much, but it would mean a lot to me if you'd take care of it."

Halloween hangout + contests!

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 10-20-2014, 04:04 PM

Akio saw the wheels turning behind Dorian’s eyes, which made him wonder what the other was possibly thinking about. He tilted his head a fraction to the right in a curious manner, before the other spoke up. It was a marvelous surprise he said, Akio giving a warm smile with those words. They moved, Dorian looking at him, he could feel his eyes watching. He said nothing, letting the silence be broken only by the music. Their movements word enough for now. He looked at him, as he said he was happy with him as well. He hoped for more time with him like this. That made his heart lightly skip a beat, the words kind and warm from the man. He continued to note the other’s eyes on him, watching his movements and not speaking. The other seemed to be becoming one less and less for words. Akio was unsure if it meant good or bad things for the moment. So far they had seemed good, with what the other did in turn say, but Akio still wondered a bit what was going through the other’s head.

The song was beginning to wind down, hinting that it would fade away soon. Dorian made to spin him again, but this time he lowered Akio back and pressed close over him. Akio felt a warm blush threaten to form, before the other was leaning in and kissing him. Their mouths meeting, Dorian was a bit more passionate with this one. He could tell the other was trying to say something with the kiss, and it warmed his heat more. He placed a hand gently on the side of his cheek, leaning up a bit to return the kiss in a way he hoped the other would understand his feelings as well. He knew they were probably feeling very similar things indeed. However, as he was brought back up, things took a change. Dorian did not let go of his hand, commenting he wished to show him something. He nodded, allowing the other to lead him towards a balcony. It was a bit chilly, but in a good way after the heat of their dance.

He moved to the edge, placing his hands on the railing, his eyes closed to enjoy a slight breeze with a warm smile before the other clearing his throat made him turn back to him. Their hands still joined, he watched him. He began to speak of earlier, when Akio gave him the scarf as a piece of him. He said he thought to return the favor, but it took him some time to think of what would suit. He wished for it to be of some importance. Akio remained silent, refraining from telling him he did not need to do such. He knew the other was meaning well, and that such a comment might upset him. He looked to the ring, as the other produced it, blinking slightly. It was beautiful, not to simple, but not overly done. His eyes moved back up to Dorian. The ring seemed to be part of his family, something he wore often, a tie to his humanity. He wanted him to carry it, as a piece of him, and how he brought back his human side.

He noted the other looking away, before saying it was not much but it would mean a lot to him if he would care for it. He remained silent for a moment, looking at him. “Dorian…I…” the words were lost for a moment upon him. He could not think of what to say, thoughts and emotions a jumble. The other wished for him to carry a ring that was a part of his family, as a reminder of bringing back his human side. He could feel the heat within him, the sting to his face. He realized he was probably blushing a bit, clearing his own throat and composing himself. He gently turned Dorian’s face back to his with a warm and loving smile. He stepped closer to him, beginning with a gentle kiss to his cheek. “It is indeed important…a part of your family…your past and you” he looked up to his eyes, warmth and kindness within his own. “Your humanity and the good within you was always there, it merely took a little nudge to bring it out once more” he chuckled warmly, before nodding to him.

I would be honored to look after it for you….to have a part of you with me, though you will also be within my heart…something done on your own, that will always be with me as well…” he gently lifted his hand, and would allow the other to slip it onto his finger. His eyes moving to the silver ring, he gives a warm smile, before turning back to him. He gently wrapped his arms around Dorian’s neck, leaning in to once more catch his mouth in a similar kiss to the one they had shared not to long ago in the dip of their dance. It was warm, as he felt their forms once more in close proximity. The night air not able to chill him within that moment, as he allowed the world around them to fade away, save for the two of them. He then pulled back, stepping back to lean against the railing of the balcony with a warm smile. “Now both of us will have the other with them…..and I am greatful for that” his eyes on Dorian, before turning up a bit to the sky, “whatever happens now…I can face it, knowing you are with me.”

Arc Angel

Old 10-21-2014, 12:09 AM

Dorian's gaze focused on Akio's silhouette in the dim light granted from the ballroom, the windows behind them illuminated as soft music yet drifted into the air and out to them. It was dulled now, however, and as he offered the ring to Akio, Dorian became aware of a strumming in his own chest now audible to him with the music muffled. His heartbeat. It fluttered as the other's gaze caught his own, leading him to swallow uneasily as he awaited a response. In the quiet, his own gaze lingered with uncertainty over Akio, unsure of whether he had chosen the right article. He wanted desperately to be sure he got his sentiment across. This was the only way he could think of how to.

Once the smile crossed Akio's face, a hesitant grin slid up along Dorian's lips. The anxiety gave way to relief and warmth as he let out a short, boyish laugh. As he received the kiss to the cheek and heard Akio's response, ending with his extension of his hand, Dorian met him with a warm smile. Carefully, he lifted up the ring to place firmly on the ring finger of the hand Akio held out to him. He then grasped it gently, looking at the ring on his hand for a moment before releasing his hand and running his own up and into his hair a hit shyly. "It may have been there, but your presence here has certainly been more than a nudge to me in the right direction." He admitted with a grin, still arguing that the cause was more so on Akio's behalf than his own. "I am glad you'll accept it." He then replied simply, if only for a lack of words as he felt the other leaning forwards. Smile lining his lips, he followed by example and allowed his arms to slip around Akio's waist as the other's looped about his neck. As the little space between them closed and their lips met again, Dorian was surprised but not unprepared for the passion Akio this time put into the exchange. He met it with his own, the two melding together as Dorian for a moment lost himself.

When they parted, another calmer smile came to rest on Dorian's face as he looked over Akio for a few quiet moments. Even as the other's trailed up to the sky, his own gaze remained attached to him, taking in his form and what he'd chosen to wear. Absent-mindedly, one of his hands rose to gently trail along the Akio's chest, the other resting its palm beside Akio along the balcony's rail. As he took a half-step forward to almost pin him as he had earlier, Dorian this time left him the escape route of moving to his other side as his lips moved to gently place a kiss along his exposed neck. Instead of pressing further however, he instead savored the warmth of the other, simply leaning his head down slightly to rest his face gently in the crook of the other's neck. "I will be with you through whatever happens. Not just figuratively, but by your side." He promised firmly, though his voice came out soft as some of the worry from earlier resurfaced. Drawing in a deep breath and taking in the other's scent as he did so, Dorian lifted his head to regard Akio with an apologetic smile. "It seems I can't manage to not bring it up. I'm sorry." He began, then as if to apologize, he leaned forward once more to press a few sweet kisses to the side of the other's neck again.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 10-21-2014, 01:23 AM

Akio noted the nerves within the other. He seemed to be afraid of what Akio's reaction might be. He was glad when his words helped to calm those fears, easing them from the other's mind in the process. He watched as Dorian slipped the ring upon his finger, not letting go for a moment before he did. He spoke, the words causing Akio to chuckle lightly, his eyes on the man before him. He returned the kiss, when Akio leaned up to give him one. He looked up at him, not wishing to push him any further than he had. The two of them were parted, before Dorian finally stepped forward. He felt a hand trail along his chest, light chills moving over his skin with the other's touch. A hand pressing onto the railing next to him. He noted the space the other left to escape, but he did not move. He closed his eyes lightly, relishing the warmth from the kisses the other placed there.

When he rested his forehead on him, Akio gave a light smile. He said he would be with him through this physically as well. He frowned slightly, catching the hint behind it. He looked down a bit, catching his eyes. He said that it seemed he could not help bring it up. He leaned forward then to press a few more kisses along his neck. He closed his eyes once more, bfore he lifted a hand of his own, to press against his chest. "It is alright....it will always be there in some aspect, until this is all over" he said, understanding. "Despite that, we will handle it and continue to have a good evening" he smiles, gently pulling him closer by the front of his shirt. "I have one more surprise for you...." he turns, looking over the balcony, to where a garden waited down below. A picnic blanket had been set up down below, with a bottle of champagne and gentle candles flickering in the night light.

Chocolate covered strawberries there, as the lights above twisted and turned. "Just the two of us....to relax before bed....I was thinking of trying a drink of my own" he chuckles, "after all....it is true that I am about old enough right? If it is going to be my first anything I want it to be special...and with you." He did not notice the slight suggestiveness behind such words, because he did not mean them as such. At least not conciously. He looked to him, giving him a warm smile. He then took his hand, leaning in to kiss his cheek, before he stepped around him. He walked along back into the room, leading him with him. He let their fingers trail together, entertwining. He enjoyed it, the warmth of the other's hands. The gentle softness of his skin upon his. It gave him comfort, it gave him hope. Hope that he could not explain, that were something he could not explain to himself.

Arc Angel

Old 10-21-2014, 02:20 AM

The lack of discomfort he sensed from Akio with his closeness this time, even as he brushed his lips upon the other's neck was both welcome but surprising. Dorian was still quite astounded he didn't repulse Akio, much the less that the other was getting used to their close proximity. The voice in his head told him that the other must enjoy it as much as he did, which his actions also suggested, but the other part of Dorian still wished to fight that idea. He was still cautious of his physical affections; he felt he had to be, in this situation. Yet, curiosity flickered in his eyes despite this caution. Could Akio truly be enjoying this, the warmth of his touch?

Feeling the other's hand move to his chest, Dorian lifted the hand he had rested on the balcony's railing to gently cover the Akio's with his own. The curiosity in his eyes glistened as his shirt was pulled forwards, a low chuckle leaving him as he quirked a curious eyebrow as Akio. "Another surprise?" His voice came out smooth, silky as he wondered over what he had in mind. Following his gaze to overlook the balcony's edge, he spotted the picnic set up with no great difficulty. His eyebrows lifted slightly, especially upon catching sight of the bottle among the romantic set-up. "Another surprise, indeed. You went through a lot of trouble." Dorian spoke in appreciation, though his voice tainted with a bit of hesitance. What had he done to deserve all of this romantic extravagance? Shaking his head a little at himself, he found himself smiling warmly in reply. "We will continue to have a good evening, of that I'm sure." He spoke in agreement, one of his hands lifting to gently brush the other's cheek before dropping casually as Akio turned to him to explain a bit.

He nodded with ease at the explanation of this being their time to relax before bed time, but... the phrasing of his addition made something in his throat dry. His eyes widened as a blush drew over his face, his free hand rising to one of his cheeks as he trailed after Akio's lead. "O-Of course!" He managed, not wishing to leave Akio hanging, though he found it hard to concentrate on wording a further reply. Holding the other's hand on their trek down to the picnic, Dorian tried to calm himself. Clearly, Akio hadn't meant what his words may have otherwise suggested. They had already spoken of his being of age to drink, so that was certainly what he meant. There should be no argument. How did he dare let himself think otherwise? Dorian's mind experienced something of a mental shut down as the image of the young prince pressed to him crossed his mind, this time the picture of him swaddled in bed sheets... No, no, no.

Swallowing hard, Dorian cleared his mind with some effort. He was to spend the night under the stars at a romantic picnic set up by a man he dared for. What else was needed? Taking a deep breath, Dorian regained his composure as the two exited out into the garden. The air was still chilly in some respect, but it was of no matter when fully suited and sharing close proximity with the other. Upon closer approaching the picnic area, finding the lit candles flickering gently and giving just a touch of light to the designated area, as well as the small basket of champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries, Dorian was quite impressed. He had obviously thought this through very well. "It's a lovely idea, the small touches..." He spoke in awe, chuckling in surprise as he moved to sit casually beside the other. His legs stretched out before him as he leant on one of his elbows, the hand he had entangled with Akio's lifting the other's to kiss his knuckles sweetly before releasing it. Hesitantly, he grabbed the two fluted glasses set beside the basket, sending a curious glance in Akio'd direction. "You're certain you want to give this a try?" He questioned, "I wouldn't wish for this to cloud your judgement." He explained, holding up the unopened bottle of champagne as a question. The phrasing itself may be quite vague, suggestive even, though the concern brushing his facial expression would display otherwise good intent.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 10-21-2014, 10:52 PM

Dorian seemed happy when he did not pull away from him. As he placed his hand upon the man's chest, he placed one over his as well. Their eyes meeting a bit as he asked about the surprise. He looked to Dorian as he looked out over the balcony, saying he went through a lot of trouble. "It was no trouble at all" he returned the smile, as the other agreed that they would continue to have a good evening. He noted the eyes widening and the blush to his words, which made him think a bit curiously. The other followed him, and for a moment he glanced back at him. Did he say something off? He began to run back through his words, thinking about what he could have possibly said to....he paused, and nearly blushed himself. His words...right before the other had blushed. He sighed, repeating them in his head.

God they had sounded so naive and foolish. He must have unsettled the other with such a comment that could have been taken as such. He swallowed, giving a half glance to the man beside him. They reached their destination, Dorian making a comment of it being a lovely idea. His mind a bit still wrapped up in the now awkwardness built by his own words. They sat, and he glanced at the other once more. He sat casually, Dorian seeming to not be worried or phased by the words. That he was thankful for. He was then kissing his hand, which made Akio smile warmly. He looked at him, as he picked up the glasses and the bottle. He asked if he was certain about his first drink, not wanting to cloud his judgement. He glanced at the bottle, it was true...choosing a night before a big event might not have been the best choice of action. Though he wondered what the other would do if he did lose control.

Would he be a gentleman? Or would he take advantage?... He nodded a bit, "I would not drink much either way, one sip or two will not harm anything..." he smiled, turning his eyes up to the sky once more. "Besides....if such a thing came to pass....I trust you would not do anything...beyond where we are now" he looked at him, "if something....more....were to happen, I trust you would prefer it of my own will...my own freedom and mutual desire..." It was not a blunt way of going about what he guessed was hinting on both of their minds, it was nicer. He could not hide the fact that there was an obvious attraction there, one internal and...external. It had manifested itself quickly and strongly. In the way they had warmed to each other...and now shared a kiss as if it were casual and natural. The other had already been his first kiss...now the partner within his first drink...

What would happen if it were ever a first of anything else? His father would have a fit and him disowned that was what. He was sure the samurai would have him dishonored as well. Their task was to protect people, often against demons. And here he was with one, opening up his heart little by little...kissing and even remotely thinking of... He glanced down at the ring for a moment on his hand. He took a deep breath, calming himself. This was not their battle, not their life. He had been used to doing things for so long, that were what others required of him, what others wanted of him. He was used to making others happy, he often neglected himself. What did he desire? What would make him happy? He was happy here, now, with this demon. The one who had kidnapped him, the one who had complicated his life....and yet in some way had awoken his life as well.

He paused for a moment. This was the first time he had been on his own without guards. His first time without the weight of being a prince upon him...other than the fact that he was here in the first place because he was prince. This was the first time he had been able to rely solely on himself. His own will, power and heart. He was able to use his own head, make his own decisions. He would never have done any of this without the other. Without Dorian to be the one to take him on. He looked over at the demon upon the blanket before him. "I do not believe it was an accident that we met...that this has happened" he says slowly, not meaning to overwhelm him with his words, but he wanted to be honest with the other. "I believe you and I have met for a reason....beyond simply this task and who we are..." he gently moved closer to him of his own free will, "perhaps it is destiny?"

Arc Angel

Old 10-22-2014, 04:50 AM

Dorian returned the smile he received from Akio with a small one of his own, nodding as he was reassured of the other's resolve. What had brought him to trying alcohol? His mind brushed past what awaited them the next day, what it could mean for the young prince's future. Cringing a bit, he didn't hesitate to shake the thought from his mind. Perhaps he was thinking to try it now because more difficult times lie ahead, but Dorian wouldn't accept that to mean Akio wouldn't later get the chance. If all went as smoothly as planned, Akio would have plenty of leeway to decide whether or not he may drink again in his future. If all went as planned, Akio would plan his future according to his own will.

Reassured yet again, Dorian moved to open the bottle of champagne, only to pause before his hand reached the bottle's cork. His brow this time furrowed slightly as his gaze moved to Akio, the message in the other's words clear enough. He trusted him not to do anything he wouldn't otherwise consent to. Of course, Dorian had no intent to do so. Yet... he couldn't help but wonder why Akio would trust him of all others to refrain from taking advantage of him. Why would he say words of the sort, if not to warm him against the possibility of such action? "I have no intent to take advantage of you." He stated plainly, blunt but his tone had a slight scolding mood about it. He had to at least get that point across. Then lightening up some as his smile resurfaced, one of his hands gently took the other's to rest upon the neck of the bottle with his. "One or two sips will do you no harm. If it were to affect you, I would take care as to treat you as you'd prefer." He spoke gently, voice warm as he looked firmly into the other's eyes. Then smiling, he moved his thumb to rest of Akio's as it slipped the metal grasp of the wire from the cork of the champagne. The cork popped off, sent with a small jolt into the grass before them.

Smiling warmly, he then took up the bottle to pour it calmly into the two glasses. Akio's he minded to only fill about a quarter of the way to start; the young man had only seemed to want a taste, so he didn't wish to push it upon him by filling it further. His own glass was filled before he set it down casually before him. Then feeling the other's gaze upon him, his own golden one shifted over to meet Akio's curiously. He wondered what was going through his mind, with all of the chaos that had unraveled within the past days. Then, he spoke up. Blinking in surprise at his first words, Dorian was about to remind him that the kidnapping was pre-meditated before he went on. It was destiny? That was a turn he hadn't anticipated. He didn't have the words to respond right away, though he did follow Akio's lead in shifting a bit closer to him as well. Considering it quietly for a few moments, he ended up regarding the other with a curious gleam in his eyes as he spoke up. "It is a possibility." He admitted, nodding slightly as he wondered over the concept. This was all supposed to happen, to occur in this matter?

Looking over at how the dim light caught Akio's skin, giving his soft skin a luminescent sheen, a grin lifted his lips. If we had somehow acted to gain the affection of such a man, then surely destiny could be an agent in this. "Regardless," he then added, moving to gently wrap an arm about the other, his hand resting gently on his mid back, "I do believe it is a genuine twist of fate that we have come to this..." His voice trailed off thoughtfully, gaze following suit as it trailed across the lawn of the quiet garden for a moment before returning to Akio. Leaning in, he placed an innocent kiss upon the other's cheek. Then, lingering there, he took something of a boyishly playful act to gently nuzzle the cheek he'd kissed with his nose. Chuckling then, he sent another warm smile in Akio's direction before letting out a contented sigh. "I could hope to have more nights spent like this." He admitted quietly after a few moments, some sense of sinking melancholy striking his tone as his gaze wandered up to the stars above.

It wasn't a statement meant of out worry, per say. He had promised to try avoiding the mention and even the mere thought of the day to come, so he was attempting to. Instead, Dorian now reflected on tonight, how he may never again partake in something so... simply splendid. It was not on account of his belief in Akio's harm, nor of his own-- it was an unexplainable sense of emptiness he felt may hit him in the nights to come. Perhaps it was cause for some worry, but instead he cast his gaze back towards Akio. Fondly looking over him, his smile returned. "Perhaps it isn't proper of me to say, but you mean a great deal to me, Akio."