Rizu Komesu
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Rizu Komesu

Old 04-20-2007, 04:21 PM

I love this TV series called Cybersix. A lot. I really do. So, I decided to write a fanfiction continuing where it left off, seeing as it left off in a bad place. As you can tell, Cyber 29 is definitely going to be a central character in it. If you don't know what Cybersix is, click Here to look it up or find whatever TV channel is showing it wherever you are. For you Canadians out there, you're lucky because it's on a station called Teletoon. For other nationalities, it'll be a bit trickier for you, especially since it's a really old series. :oops: Regardless, I shall stall you no longer; here is my fanfiction!

~*~

Tales of 29
Chapter 1

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

“So you really think Mr. Seidelman... Uhm, I mean Cybersix... You think she’s still alive?”

It was a beautiful and sunny day in Meridiana for one Miss Lori Anderson to be having coffee with her science teacher (and now good friend), one Mr. Lucas Amato. Ever since the explosion on the pier three months ago, the two have gotten closer to talk about one subject; the presence of the dark crusader who had so suddenly left them.

Since the summer break had started the two were wearing their jackets tightly bound, for even in the warmth of the café they both seemed to be freezing. In fact, during this time the students often wished for there to be snow, but alas it never did get quite that cold in the region. Lucas thought it was a shame; he had never gotten to see snow before. Had Cybersix ever had the chance to see it? Did she ever see it before the explosion...?

“I keep seeing lights on in her apartment, ever since the explosion! I’m telling you, I don’t think she’s gone,” Inwardly he laughed at himself. Even if he did see the lights, who was to say that it wasn’t someone else just looking around? But, in his heart Lucas really believed that Cybersix had escaped the laboratory somehow...

“You sure it isn’t someone else moving into that apartment, Mr. Amato? I know you haven’t actually seen her in there, and it has been three months now...”

Lucas frowned when Lori said that, but unfortunately she was right; they hadn’t seen Cybersix in so long, to the point where it might have been better if they had just given up searching for her. Maybe she moved onto a new city, leaving them all behind so that they could finally live in peace? But, somehow Lucas doubted that she was gone; José had been sending fixed ideas all over Meridiana to cause trouble, and if it weren’t for the combined forces of the (now famous) team of Henrique and Miao Yashimoto, they’d probably be overrun by the experiments by now. Despite that Dr. Von Reichter was confirmed to be dead, José had taken up the slack and was really trying to take over the city. It was always a miracle for the two to be able to get home safely, which is why Lori had taken to walking with Lucas a lot of the time.

“Well, it’s my treat this time, Lori. Why don’t I walk you home now? If we’re lucky, we might run into Julian on the way.”

“What do you mean ‘if we’re lucky’? That kid practically stalks you ever since Adrian left us... Isn’t he living with you now?”

“Yeah, I figured it’d be nice to give the kid a home,” Lucas smiled weakly as he left some bills and coins on the table, offering a hand to Lori. She took it and used Lucas’s support to stand, a smile on both of their faces as they left. Because of their friendship there had been rumours of an affair between the two, but neither of them paid it any thought; Cybersix was too important in their lives for them to even consider being romantically involved with one another. Besides, Lucas was at least ten years older than Lori...

“Gimme your wallets! Now!”

A fixed idea was in front of them, holding out his bulky hand almost as soon as they had left the café. Lori got behind Lucas as he sighed, looking up at the guy boredly, “I don’t have time for this, I’ve gotta get this young lady home. So, if you don’t mind-”

The fixed idea shoved Lucas back, causing a grunt to leave the blond teacher as he shook it off. However, just as it was about to get violent, two men ran up and took down the fixed idea, the taller and more built man holding a monster of a weapon at the now pinned fixed idea while the shorter one placed handcuffs around his wrists, “So, how have things been, Lucas?”

“They’ve been fine, Miao. Henrique,” Lucas nodded towards the two and shrugged, a nod being given to Henrique from Miao as he walked off with the fixed idea towards the closest police station.

Once Henrique was out of hearing distance Lori jumped forward and started speaking rapidly to Miao, “So have you seen Adrian? Lucas keeps saying that-”

“There has been no sign of Cybersix, unfortunately. But trust me; you two will be the first to know if I see her again, all right?” Lori nodded and Lucas smiled weakly as Yashimoto turned his back to them, “Lucas, Julian wants to know if he can spend the night over at my apartment so that he can keep playing with Ikiko. Is that all right with you?”

“Of course, just tell him that I want to see him first thing in the morning,” Once the confirmation from Lucas was received Miao left again, leaving Lori and Lucas to once again head home. With a quick farewell from the red-headed teen as they reached her home, Lucas was left to walk alone in the brilliant afternoon light.

And, while he walked, his pace slowed as he started to think about the woman who had captured his heart from the moment he laid eyes on her. The woman who was also his best friend during daylight. Cybersix, who had disguised herself as the literary arts teacher Adrian Seidleman.

Before Lucas even realized it he was at the ruins of what was once Dr. Von Reichter’s Laboratory, the place where he had found Cybersix’s hat after the explosion. There were times when he wondered if that hat was all that was left of her. It still hung in his apartment, as a memento of that night; the night when she finally showed him her affections, and when he had a true chance to show his. That one final kiss of theirs... No, not final. Their first kiss was a gesture of their feelings, and hopefully it gave Cybersix the blessing she needed to get out of there...

For hours the educator wandered around the ruins, knowing that the brat creation of Von Reichter’s wouldn’t ever dare go back to try and use it again as a symbol of his ‘father’s’ failure. There had been no sign of a dead body, no trace of any life among the crumbling remains of the laboratory. It comforted Lucas somehow, to find no sign of either Cybersix or Data 7; it meant that, somewhere, they could potentially still be alive.

“Woah, jeez is that the time?” Lucas finally glanced at his watch and noticed that it was almost nine at night, not even grasping just how dark it was outside until just then. Hurriedly he began to make his way home, relieved to find absolutely no fixed ideas or other trouble-makers along the way. It made his life easier to say the least, not to mention that it almost made him feel safer in the streets. Almost.

Granted, even with Henrique and Miao doing their jobs to protect the people from the crime ring José had set up in Meridiana, there were still things that happened that just couldn’t be stopped. A thought that made Lucas sigh, for he knew perfectly well that if Cybersix was still around none of it would happen. She was too powerful for anyone to stop, and yet he also saw that she was vulnerable at points. And yet, not once did she allow him to be of aid to her...

Before he knew it he was at his home again, a sigh leaving him as he re-entered his apartment and took off his jacket; by this point it had been fully repaired from when the first fixed idea he had ever seen was launched through his window. It was hard to imagine, the first night he met Cybersix being so long ago. She kept begging him for the vial, and even as Adrian she kept asking for it. Later he learned that she was so desperate for it because it was the life source of a Cyber. A liquid called Sustenance, which at first he thought to be mere acid.

Cybersix had told him stories of the laboratory and of how she wasn’t human but a creation who had betrayed her creator to cheat death. Though back when he first heard them he didn’t believe it, now it didn’t seem at all unbelievable. But, at the same time, she still felt things and did things that made her seem more and more human, like how a real woman would act. She got jealous when he was dating Elaine, something he didn’t realize until recently. And she had compassion, love and kindness in her heart. Because of those things, it was hard to believe that she wasn’t human like he was, and her stories never stopped Lucas from wanting to give Cybersix a full and happy life...

But, how could he do that now? If she was alive, she was no longer there. And, if she wasn’t alive...

No. She’s alive. I can feel it. With a self-assured nod the man collapsed onto his bed, eyes fluttering a bit before they shut. He still had to sleep, and even with it being summer break he still had a lot of work to do in order to prepare for the next year...

There was a dark fog everywhere, leading into black surrounding him. Lucas looked around frantically, calling out a name. Who was he calling for?

“29! 29! Where are you? Do you know where Cybersix is?”

Who was 29? Wait, he remembered something about someone named 29. But what was it?

A roar answered his call in the distance, and forward came a familiar black panther; Data 7. Relief filled his chest, though that relief was replaced with surprise as he saw the panther smoothly and elegantly transform into a human man; he seemed almost identical in appearance to Cybersix, only male. Not the same as Adrian either, there was something distinctly different about him...

“Please help me find my sister, Lucas. You’re the only one who can help. She loved you in a way she could love no other.”

Everything was swallowed up then, leaving Lucas alone. In agony he called out, the only thing answering him his own echo. No... He didn’t want to be alone! Not again! Not again...

There was a tapping on his window. With a groan Lucas slid back into consciousness, seeing his clock with the hands in a position that told him that it was two fifteen in the morning. Another groan left him as he looked towards the window, though his sleepy state was shocked away; there was someone in black clothing similar to Cybersix’s rapping his wrist against the glass of his window, and immediately the blond jumped up to open it. Soon enough the person walked in, and Lucas was shocked; it was the guy from his dream! The guy who Data 7 turned into! But what did it mean?

“Who are you? Why are you here?” Immediately the two questions were shot like gunfire at the stranger, Lucas defensively going towards his door while glaring at the man before him. He felt a bit of anger swelling in his chest as the man laughed, giving him a relaxed look while shaking his head. It was the same look that Cybersix often got when she came and talked to him... “Stop laughing and say something?”

“I’m sorry, but you’re exactly as Sister describes you; bull-headed and blunt without a bit of subtlety,” Lucas felt even more infuriated with the other, although his anger vanished when he heard what he said next, “I’m not surprised that you don’t recognize me as this is a new body. But, I am an old friend; Cyber 29, formerly known as Data 7.”

No I have not migrated completely. I am still using both sites. So no you can't have my Gaia items.