Seigzhart
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-19-2007, 05:52 AM

can you borrow them from libraries? state or school libraries perharps?
Or maybe any of your friends who have them?

well as you grow older your perspective changes which may show in his books i guess :>

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 09-19-2007, 08:07 PM

Libraries don't like me. (I forget that their books aren't mine. Seriously; I've got books from library used-book sales and that kind of thing, and then they all get packed together--and eventually I realize that I owe them a book. I might try this library, though.)

Funkitated
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-21-2007, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae
I've just finished reading Mort for about the 10th time, i trully never tire of any of his books, they never fail to please ^^

I've only read the first seven novels of the Discworld series (actually, 6.5 - I got stuck on Pyramids, curses!), but Mort had to have been my favorite. I really liked most of the books (okay, except Equal Rights, that was pretty Bleh in comparison to some of the others), but I simply devoured Mort. This year I'm going to use my free time to go through as much of the Discworld series as I can. English IV really put a cramp in my plans last year (we were assigned way too much reading, gah).

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 09-24-2007, 01:16 AM

Ha! I just read "Men At Arms" and loved it. It was awesome.

KarasuBass
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-11-2009, 06:43 PM

I'm a realy big fan of Terry Prachett, and I didn't see any threads about him so..
So far i've read most of the Vimes books and have started the Granny Weatherwax books. And I've read the first Moist book.
Also Good Omens was a great book. Co-writen with Neil Gaiman.
So just post about your fav Pratchett book and maybe characters.

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 04-11-2009, 07:12 PM

Hi KarasuBass,

We do actually already have a thread for discussing Terry Pratchett, which could be found in the Book Forum Catologue.

I have merged your thread with the previous one to keep multiple threads to a minimum and so we don't clog up the forum and you can carry on with your discussion in this thread.

If you have any questions, you are welcome to pm me. ^^

lslines
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-05-2009, 11:17 AM

Pratchett is one of my favourite authors of all time. I've read all of his books published after he began the Discworld series. I have a horrible habit of forcing others into reading his brilliance though, which I feel guilty for... Until they start reading them and come back asking for more. I've converted my boyfriend this way. He's currently reading through the five witches books :P

I read Mort first, I think, followed by The Amazing Maurice. I must have been about nine at the time. I loved him then and I still do.

Good Omens is my favourite, his co-authored book with Neil Gaiman. After that it'd kill me to choose which book or character I like best... They're all so good! :D

LittleFox
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-14-2009, 12:49 AM

His diskworld books appealed to me the most

KidK Mirai
*^_^*

Old 08-30-2009, 03:46 PM

Hey, is anybody else out there a big fan of Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" series? I've been following him and his work for well over a decade now, and he never disappoints! Read some or all of the series and got a favorite book, character, moment, etc.? Let's SHARE. 8D

Here I'll go first. My favorite books in the series (and pretty much my favorite books in general) are "Reaper Man" and "Thud!", and my favorite characters are Sam Vimes, Death, and Nanny Ogg (although I love pretty much everybody XD).

Ylisfar

Old 09-02-2009, 08:00 AM

Yay, a Discworld thread!
I first started reading the books when I was 13 and I still love them. I sometimes borrow them from the library again for who knows how many times to re-read them again. I love fantasy, plus these books have uniqueness, great characters and intelligent humour.
My favourite chars are: Death, Esme Weatherwax, Susan, Vetinari and all of the wizards :D