KelseyShroom
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-12-2012, 09:23 AM

I love both series a lot but i liked the era and characters more in the prequel then the original series. I also thought the author did not really need to write another book after the city of glass but i liked how the romance blossomed in the fourth books.

Over all both series are good :) probably just making my top five favorite series collections
Good books and defiantly worth reading.

SilverAlice
I am the master of my Fate,. I a...

Old 04-23-2012, 02:33 AM

Hello!! :D I finished reading the first book of The Mortal Instruments and I liked it!! I'm happy to know that someone here knows it too.!! I wasn't able to read the others though.. xD
But I'm a bit disappointed when I found out that Clary and Jace are siblings (sorry for the spoiler, am I supposed to say that?).. :( I think they look good together. Who will end up with Clary anyways? I wanted to know.!! XO
Do you know? :O

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:01 AM

@Kelsey: I like the era in the prequel series as well. Then again, I'm an England fanatic :lol:

@Alice: Usually you contain stuff like that in spoilers even though I'm pretty sure everyone here already knows :lol:
Why weren't you able to continue reading the books? The answer to your question lies within them :)

Crissi HiME
Send a message via AIM to Crissi HiME Send a message via MSN to Crissi HiME

Old 05-18-2012, 08:23 PM

I love them.
I have yet to read City of Fallen Angels and the books that follow.
I havent even gotten a chance to read The Infernal Devices but I would like to.

I love Simon! [spoiler] I cried so hard when i thought he had died the first time... Then i cried even more when I though he was going to die in the sun! XD.

I also cried when max died.
[/spoiler]

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Ivvy Send a message via Yahoo to Ivvy

Old 05-19-2012, 07:05 AM

Ivvy has just gotten her hands on Clockwork Prince( book 2 in infernal devices) and City of lost souls( book five in mortal instruments) So I shall be reading my heart out for a bit hehe. I am so excited to see what happens next!

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:44 AM

I got City of Lost Souls and right now I'm re-reading the books so that I'll be 100% prepared! ;D

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 05-24-2012, 03:10 PM

Very nice I did a refresher not too long ago myself. :)

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:05 PM

I'm ashamed to say I've forgotten so much lol Have you started on Clockwork Prince yet?

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 01:28 AM

No I finished a book in another series first >.<

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:29 AM

Ah what series? ^^

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 05-26-2012, 04:53 AM

dont laugh .... the house of night series i read the first book forever ago and just kept reading them they are so light reading and so drama filled they make me laugh I feel like I am reading a paperback with naughty cover when i read them >.< lol

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:45 PM

I have the first four, someone sent me them as a present xD I read the first one and tried to read the second, idk just seemed silly. >< But I'll probably go back and read them just because I try to at least read all the books I have once lol

I finished City of Ashes last night, started City of Glass last night and I'll probably be done with it today. I got halfway through it x_x

Am I weird for totally having the hots for Sebastian (while he's Sebastian Verlac)? xD

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 05-26-2012, 04:01 PM

The first few books in the series seem to be repetative but it does get better as it goes I am on like book 7 of the series. Its a tad trashy but a fun light read if you are bored. I use it as filler for when my other series are between books. They always seem to come out with a new one around mothers day so the hubby always get one for me..lol he says its my trashy vamp romance books so I can be a housewife stereotype..lol

Ahh go you speeding through them! And no you are not He was hot dangit and such a drastic change from Jace... see my issue is I have the hots for Jem in the clockwork books. >.<

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:26 PM

It doesn't seem like a bad read at all, I guess it just takes me awhile to get interested in them xD I'll read them soon though, I don't like having unread books in my collection! D; Haha that's sweet. I'm hoping my bf gets me a book (or books) for my birthday :3

They're easy to speed through haha and yeah that's true, gah I wish he could have stayed like that, all nice and charming. I remember when I first read it, I was totally shipping Seb and Clary really hard there for awhile xD

I love both Jem & Will. Jem is sweet, kind, loving, funny, gah everything a girl could want. And Will's funny, loving in his own way and not to mention devilishly handsome, what's not to love? xD -sigh- Clockwork Princess needs to come out ><

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 05-27-2012, 09:26 PM

Its a fun read, moves pretty quick.

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:48 PM

Okay...x_x

Just finished City of Glass, I want a love like Clary & Jace's.

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 05-28-2012, 03:44 PM

There love is pretty epic and tortured at the same time though.

Greed
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-08-2013, 09:39 AM

Sounds interesting, potentially my kind of novel - might take a look at it when I have the chance (and time)! *adds to list of things to read*