Rinetteable
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-01-2011, 09:52 AM

All of the above? :) If I'm re-reading a book I will have music or even a tv going, if not then it will usually be quiet. If I'm not feeling well you can find me curled-up in bed with one of those books I've read a thousand times. :) When I was younger my favorite thing was going to a cafe, getting a beverage and a tasty treat, and just read for hours.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 10-05-2011, 09:29 PM

I actually like reading while walking. I think it allows my ADHD self to concentrate better! I've never walked into any poles. And if it's a person, it's their fault, usually.

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 10-06-2011, 02:26 AM

In bed. I dislike reading anywhere else unless necessary. I like to read on my belly the most, propped up by my elbows or something, my book spread open in front of me. When my back gets sort, I switch to laying on my sides. If I'm cold, I can snuggle with a blanket or put on fuzzy socks. If it's hot I turn my fan on high and direct it right at me :'3 Yay reading.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-09-2011, 09:26 PM

I'll read just about anywhere but the idea situation would be in a beanbag chair in a quiet place indoors or in a lawn chair outside soaking up the fresh air. I absolutely hate it when I get books from the library that have crumbs in the pages, it's absolutely disgusting, so no snacks for me while reading. V_V

Maroon Surreal
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-13-2011, 07:32 AM

Seating down and sometimes with soft background music :)

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-31-2011, 04:18 PM

it depands on what i am reading and where and how i am feeling that day
buy mostly i like sitting down on a comfy chair

madd_hatters
*^_^*

Old 11-08-2011, 06:21 PM

My favorite way to read is in my bathtub! I'm such a girlie girl that I love bath bombs and bubble baths and etc so I love to kick back and just relax and read in the bath and not worry about anything.

Otherwise I like to read on the couch or something as long as I'm comfy. I have a hard time reading in moving vehicles though, I get a headache easily.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 11-08-2011, 09:09 PM

Big bowl of healthy snacks and a book without noise or else music fitting the book well would be ideal =)

(Granted the snack bowl never ends up healthy XD)

ObsidianRose
Heroine

Old 11-09-2011, 01:35 AM

I like to read leaning back and relaxed preferably on my bed especially after a shower. I also prefer it to be reasonably quiet.

D.o.l.l.
Mookieness

Old 11-09-2011, 08:38 PM

~My preference~
Cuddled up in my soft cozy blanket in an all around comfy chair, with a nice warm cup of cocoa or tea and a muffin~
Some destraction is nice like sounds of nature or something to put you in the mood without singing along with the song.

~What I normally get~
Laying in bed with a video game in the background. I'm still warm but I tend to stray from my book or fall asleep.

-__-;;

My kids have taken over my livingroom so I dont get much quiet time in there

MistWater
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-21-2011, 08:19 AM

Usually during the warmest seasons I'm on a bus heading to work while reading books, but in the coldest of winter I'd prefer being propped up with pillows on my couch with a nice warm beverage next to me. Reading on a bus wearing a bulky jacket during the dead of winter can get too annoying and painful depending how long the ride is.

keysburger
Like a Cheeseburger but not

Old 11-25-2011, 08:29 AM

I prefer to read my books lying down in my bed with a little light to read by, and nothing else. I spend most of my time reading on a ship, so I have the unique experience of reading with my bed rocking back and forth, with jets landing on the fight deck 20 feet above my head. I used to need absolute silence, but the ship broke me of that habit quickly. I still end up sleeping mid chapter most of the time. I guess that rocking just puts me to sleep.

Lacquer
*^_^*

Old 12-08-2011, 01:25 PM

I like to make a reading nest with my blankets and pillows and prop up against the wall, curled up with a drink not far away; it's got to be close enough so I can read and reach at the same time. >_>

GrannyJ
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 12-10-2011, 04:02 PM

I like to sit in a nice comfortable recliner, preferably in a beam of sunlight.

If it's chilly out, I have a nice soft blanket.

Then I make sure I have a nice cup of tea at my side, and I snuggle down and enjoy my book thoroughly.

I get very caught up in my books.
My husband says he has to throw something at me to get my attention when I'm reading. Everything else just disappears.

Devian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-12-2011, 06:33 AM

in any of the most comfortable positions. In my bed or on a couch. Anywhere where there is a good amount of light. I also love using a book light at night my room. When it is sunny in the summer, I love reading next to the pool in my back yard. I have read books in lots of places, I even finished a book in a tree before.

RavynneSidhe
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-15-2011, 02:49 PM

I normally read sitting on my bed leaning against the wall.The tvs usually on but I barely look up depending on the book I'm reading.

Chen
The Commoner

Old 12-24-2011, 05:39 AM

I like reading at my computer desk, with my solar powered lamp eating snacks and listening to music.

Tystna
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-26-2011, 04:17 AM

Usually I read in bed.
I usually end up reading for hours.
I can read in a chair, but laying down is just more comfortable.

Adrastiea
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-26-2011, 05:52 AM

As long as I'm in a comfortable position and I can read the words, I'm set.
There have been times where I end up in some weird yoga position hanging off the side of my bed (and upside down)... I get weird looks from those who enter my room during those times. I find I do these more complex reading positions whenever I'm reading late at night. It probably keeps me awake so I can get that one more page, lol.
I also drink a lot of tea or other hot beverages whenever I read, especially in the colder months. People were poking fun at how fancy I looked while I read "The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" with my earl grey as I was perched in an armchair at the camp I work at.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 12-27-2011, 01:34 AM

I generally don't lie down when I read because I find that uncomfortable...
And I hate coffee, so I don't drink it when I read. XD I sometimes eat, though-I put the book behind my plate so I can eat and read at the same time.
I never read with music on, but sometimes I read in the cafeteria during lunch, when there's lots of chatter. I prefer reading in silent environments, though.

NightshadeBloom
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-27-2011, 02:47 AM

I can read just about anywhere as long as I am comfortable.
This usually means while I have my feet propped up by something or have them pulled close to my body.
It is also nice to have a small snack and something to drink.

Karasu's Notebook
shinigamikarasu's mule

Old 12-30-2011, 02:27 AM

I usually just like a nice quiet moment with no distractions. Sometimes I snack while I'm reading, as well.

KushyKissez
♤♡Kushy Quinn♢...

Old 10-26-2014, 12:07 PM

I like reading my books in bed not sitting up or laying down just in-between if I lay down I would fall asleep at the second page lol I like silence while I'm reading so I don't get distracted... and I like reading with a cup of tea beside me with a packet of chocolate nuts on the side XD have to be well prepared reading is thirsty work and can make u work up an appetite xD