tukel

Old 06-18-2009, 04:05 PM

Lying down or sitting up?
With a coffee or without one??
with rapt attention without any distractions or while listening to music??

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:16 PM

Haha, well, it all depends on where I'm reading! If I'm reading on my bed my position alternates from lying down and sitting up, mostly because my back gets sore quickly and I have a tendency to slouch.

I can read equally happily with food and\or beverage in front of me, or with none.

Rapt attention with no distractions is totally a must! Unless I have a soundtrack or playlist playing that matches the mood of the book. You know? That's also a must, in such situations.

Yie Ar Kung-Fu
Problematical

Old 06-18-2009, 10:45 PM

I usually read on my bed. More specifically, on my stomach with my book held out in front of me and my chin propped up on my pillow. It's just what I find most comfortable.

I can't eat or drink while I read. I'm always afraid I'll spill something, or get crumbs stuck in between the pages. I can't have that!

If my ideal conditions aren't available, I've found I can read just about anywhere if I really want to. Standing up, sitting down, walking, waiting in line... I usually forget my surroundings, if the book is good.

Silverbeam
Baby Godzilla

Old 06-18-2009, 11:01 PM

I usually put some music on, nothing heavy. Usually it's celtic. I like to curl up in a comfy chair or on my bed. I'm able to put my books on my mp3 player (as long as it is in text on my computer.) So I can read them before bed even with my husband asleep.

Frozen Serenity
*^_^*

Old 06-18-2009, 11:31 PM

lol, I move alot....I am a fidgeter. So you'll never find me in the same position for long periods of time

iChocolate_Cherri
The Dark Shadow
Send a message via AIM to iChocolate_Cherri

Old 06-20-2009, 02:13 AM

First of all, a slight background noise like a fan.
No other noise!
Lying on my stomach.

Adain-chan
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Adain-chan

Old 06-20-2009, 04:32 AM

In bed preferably whilst I much on something because I usually read so long that I get hungry so I always need to make sure that I have something that I can snack on to keep my strengh up.

Horo
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-20-2009, 05:56 PM

I tend to lay in my bed while reading, no matter what time of day it is. It's just not comfortable enough for me if I read while sitting on the couch or on a chair or something, and I tend to get more distracted by things if I do.
I tried reading with the music on before, but I realized I can't do that. I'm easily distracted and the only noise I can have while reading is repetative noises like the sound of the fan or the trickling noise of the filter on my fish tank. :3

silverkittyempress
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-20-2009, 08:28 PM

I sit on my bed, elevated by pillows.

I usually get a drink, especially if the people are in a desert.

I can't have the TV on, but i have read to music and it didn't bother me much.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-20-2009, 09:52 PM

I like reading my books on my bed, with no distractions. I usually don't drink or eat, though every now and then I need a snack. I either sit up or lay down. Whichever feels comfortable at the time.

Jiriyanu
Hello, chu.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:11 AM

I'd probably go with sitting up. Because if I were lying down with my back against my bed or floor, then my arms would get kinda sore. And if I'm lying down on my stomach, then my neck would get sore from looking down at the book.

I'd rather not have coffee, because it would distract me from its wonderful taste and will take my mind out of the book into finishing the cup.

I'd rather have complete silence than constant distractions, because, COME ON. NOBODY LIKES IT IF YOU GET COMMERCIALS OUT OF A BOOK. But yes, I do like having metal or Japanese Songs to go with my book as well.

Zen Mo
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-29-2009, 09:07 AM

I don't usually have a regular sitting position-- I have a tendency to wiggle and stuff. I also like having a little bit of noise so I don't feel lonely, but I can get lost in a book and therefore have a high noise-tolerance level.

opalistic8
The artist in training ;)

Old 06-29-2009, 10:48 AM

It usually varies, depending on what sort of book I'm reading, how much I like it and how cold it is. xD I usually lie on my stomach on my bed under the covers, but if it's a boring or weird book I'll sit up and stare at the page for a while before lying back down and reading it. :P I know, I'm so strange :squee:

Sanosuke Tanaka

Old 07-01-2009, 08:35 AM

i read when able. ie if I'm not on the job i'm reading. before I go to sleep I read with no distractions, while I'm winding down on the net i type with one hand read with the other. I read while walking waiting in line and periodically while talking. I'll sit or stand and have even been caught reading hanging upside down from the jungle gym (years ago)

basically I read continuously

trannysaurus
not really a tranny.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:18 PM

I like reading books in the bathtub.
its pretty much the most relaxing experience ever. :drool:

Metatron
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-02-2009, 12:12 AM

In bed, mostly, right before i go to sleep.

Although I end up doing most of my reading at my desk. It's just the most convenient, I guess. haha

Andrea49

Old 07-02-2009, 05:29 AM

My prefered reading spot is out on my front porch, on our swing. I put pillows against one arm and lay head on them so I can push of the porch and make myself swing with my feet. I can read with or without music, but since I'm usually outside when I read I don't have any. I tend to like to have something to munch on when I read but I don't have to have anything. If I can't lay on my swing I'll read anywhere, but I'll usually be sitting instead of laying if I'm not on the swing.

Beryl
It's getting harder... to see th...

Old 07-02-2009, 09:55 AM

I perfer sitting im my bed reading.. but im also lying down reading alot..
I perfer reading in (allmost) total silence, but that's not easy so im use to reading why alot of people around me is talking and listen to music..

Lady Skyler
Stuff....

Old 07-02-2009, 10:00 PM

I prefer on a comfy couch with my feet put up.I dont drink cofee so a no to that.But what i would drink depends on the weather.In the winter time (I read the most in winter) i would drink coco, obviously.In the summer I would drink fruit juice,water, or nothing at all.

I never read with music on.Its way too distracting.I feel that i'm consatrating on the music more than the book i'm reading.Then i end up forgetting what i just read.Quiet is better for me.

Now that i answered you questions, why dont you tell us what you prefer? ^-^

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-03-2009, 01:36 AM

It all depends on what I'm reading, mostly I like lying in bed with my book and reading. No coffee, no background noise. Just me and the book. Though it also depends how I feel. Yet for me I find sitting up and listening to music and whatnot a distraction, I love to pay close attention to the words I'm reading from the book. :)

Mesmerized
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-03-2009, 01:50 AM

Depends on where I am.
If for example, I'm on the bus, then I like to be listening to my ipod and reading.
If for example I'm in my house then I like mostly reading sitting down and reading my book in my desk or sometimes lying in the bed.

Evermore_112
Loving The Peaceful Crash of Hea...
Send a message via Yahoo to Evermore_112

Old 07-03-2009, 07:17 AM

laying on my stomach in bed, preferrably in a large t-shirt, a soda close at hand.
Music must be playing but so low I can't hear it unless I'm trying to hear it.
Some noise has to be going on.
I can't concentrate in complete silence.
No phone's ringing.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 07-03-2009, 01:12 PM

I used to prefer to read at my desk, now I usually read at the computer desk, regardless of whether or not the computer is on or not. And I like to snack on crackers or chocolate while I'm reading...

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to xnozomichanx

Old 07-06-2009, 02:25 PM

I like to lay on my left side while reading, though I can read and walk/sit/stand if the book is good enough. I generally require some type of cool drink, and I might munch on crackers, though not too often because crumbs might get in the book. As for music or background noise, it's a total toss up, it depends on my mood heavily and the type of noise. :)

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-06-2009, 03:45 PM

It depends on what I'm reading. If I'm reading something easy then I'll do it on the couch/outside with a drink and some music. If I'm reading something that requires a bit more attention then I'll sit on the couch and not have music on.