BlackMage KaiheiTsukiredi
Kaihei Tsukiredi the Black Mage

Old 08-05-2009, 05:23 PM

I usually read my books on my bed( -w- It's so comfy!) or in a chair. Although sitting in a chair for too long hurts my back.

I rather have water instead of coffee... well, I don't drink coffee in the first place (hate the way it tastes even with sugar). XD But most of the time I don't drink anything when I read, one of things it sort of distracts me and another, I'm afraid to get the page wet.

It highly depends; if I am reading a book and on the computer I try to pick the song that fits the mood perfectly, but if I am away from the computer I read the book in silence.

frogmasterofthefunk
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2009, 10:45 PM

I like reading with no distractions. Body position doesn't matter for me.

NorthEastFire
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 08-05-2009, 10:48 PM

I always read them sitting up, and I usually hold the book in front of me on the table. I have a certain way of holding them so the spines don't get bent; worn books really bother me.

I can't read lying down; it always makes my arms sore.

melusinia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-07-2009, 06:27 PM

While I'm eating something. lol

Nolori
Everyone's Favorite Imaginary Fr...

Old 08-08-2009, 04:34 AM

I agree with Sanosuke Tanaka. I read continuously. If I'm sitting somewhere for more than a few minutes, I pull out my book. If I'm in line, I start reading. In those atrociously long lines at Disneyland? I read. (Granted, I usually start reading aloud to my family, but still.)

I like to be outside when I read. Out in the back or side yard. I usually only put music on if someone has the lawn-mower going or is working on the car up the street.

I don't really have a favorite position, since I'll end up fidgeting and moving around anyway.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 08-08-2009, 04:49 AM

I usually put them in my lap because they're generally too heavy to hold up. It doesn't matter where I read, I get lost in them quite easily.

saw7771
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to saw7771

Old 08-08-2009, 06:09 PM

I prefer to read in silence without a beverage nearby. I can read sitting or laying though i generally find that i sit up when i'm reading.

Scarlet Storm
The Wall's Personal Flower.

Old 08-09-2009, 05:52 AM

I generally either sit or lay down it all depends how long I've been in the position and if it's getting uncomfortable or not.
If I have anything with it, it would be water.
I prefer without any distraction in a quiet room by myself. But sometimes I can't stop people from being around me and making noise around me whilst I read so I attempt to ignore them with a 50-50 % success rate.

Eriyu
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-09-2009, 08:04 AM

I constantly find myself having to shift position, actually... No matter how or where I sit, lay, kneel... Either my back starts hurting or my leg falls asleep or the back of my hand falls asleep. Quite the conundrum. The best I've found, though, is probably sitting in one of my little papasan chairs. Thank you, WalMart!

cutecute3
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2009, 09:26 AM

Really nice questions :sweat:
It may sound weird but I read when I am bored and have nothing to do, it seems entertaining specially books where you can imagine the events and play a character, depending on what I am reading, I might get something to drink if it so interesting and something to eat so all I could think about is that the chicken burger tasted delicious :roll:
*edit*
and I am usually lying down on the sofa and imaging the events while reading a book.

Kanna_Karasu_Kamio
A Mediocre Artist
Send a message via MSN to Kanna_Karasu_Kamio

Old 08-09-2009, 04:24 PM

It would all depend on the book I'm reading.

If I was reading a murder-mystery novel, then I'd read it alone in my room, with some decaf by my side.
If it was one of those teen novels, then I'd just read it in my backyard with a nice cup of iced tea with honey in it.

I get so into the book, you could have a bear(like my mother) sitting next to me and I wouldn't notice until five minutes after I close the book.

Dexamene

Old 08-09-2009, 08:15 PM

Hm. I like reading on my bed propped on my elbow though it gets sore fast. Just dim light and a quiet ambiance is nice because it helps me visualize what I'm reading :D

No food! How can I eat if I'm dying to turn the page? Also I can't hold a book with only one hand, sadly I haven't mastered that awesome technique yet.

crosscountry659

Old 08-09-2009, 08:52 PM

I like reading my books both ways, but i would rather sit up, just because it feels weird to me to lie down and hold a huge book in front of my face. I really don't like coffee, so i don't drink it, but i like the smell, i just don't like the taste. Sometimes, i do listen to music while i read, but most of the time i am too lazy to get up to turn on the radio, so i usually read without music.

Agent HEY-LEE
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-09-2009, 11:53 PM

I like reading my books in a nice quiet, secluded area. (Usually that's in my room, lamp on medium, laying on my bed on my stomach with my feet up in the air.)
I might have some music on, but it'll be pretty low so I can concentrate.
And every now and then I'll stop and daydream/think about what I just read.

Osoreru
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-11-2009, 02:51 AM

I have a very tough time with laying down and reading. I can do it, though I get uncomfortable fast. o.o;;;

I prefer sitting on a couch and curling up. Haha.
Sometimes I can read and listen to music, and sometimes I can't. Depends on how many times I've heard the song. xD;

Panrori
Punk-Lolita
Send a message via AIM to Panrori Send a message via MSN to Panrori Send a message via Yahoo to Panrori

Old 08-12-2009, 07:38 PM

I like reading my books in the tub after a good shower. Or on my bed with the right lighting and my cat curled up at the foot of my bed.

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-12-2009, 08:21 PM

Hmmm.... the way i prefer is not the way I usually read. I like to sit in big comfy chairs where my feet can be propped up so i can sit under large blankets, making an air pocket of warmth. However i don't have any chairs in my studio so i lay on my bed and hang over the front of the bed. I made a stand with other books so that i can prop up the book i read off the ground. But still i bury my self under blankets ^_^

Saiyouri
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-13-2009, 10:32 PM

I love to read when it is very quiet and I have my cup of tea on hand and just plop myself down on the futon in the living room and read til my hearts content. Mostly without a cat trying to wiggle their way on my lap, which is where my book is positioned or being held near (depending on how large it is).

Readera
*^_^*

Old 08-15-2009, 01:47 AM

I read with out distractions mostly. I need to sit up but relaxed. I can eat while reading something. I did it during lunch at school, but I still do it when I'm eating by myself.

bobbubbles
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-15-2009, 04:16 AM

I can read a book just about eney where. Though my choice would be on my bed. I lie ither with my book above me to cover the light from my fan. Or I lie on my belly but it ends up hurting my arms from holding it up. So I move around alot when I read on my bed. But besides that I can read eney where. I have read in line I'v read going up the stairs(no clue how my clutzy self managed that) and as I'm walking. I can't really read in the car inless I'm really into the book then it doesn't bother me much. It doesn't matter if there is sound or not as long as it's not blaring.

LittleFox
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-15-2009, 05:38 AM

I read while listening to my I-pod or with the T.V as backround noise.

Andrea49

Old 08-15-2009, 04:12 PM

I can read in any situation, but I prefer the swing on my front porch. That's mostly because no matter what season our house is never the right temperature and it feels good to go outside and warm up/cool down. I usually take a couple pillows out there and lay them against the arm of the swing. Then I lay down and start reading! It's really comfortable, and you can lay on your side or wit up when necessary. I can go without eating or drinking but I prefer to have something flavorful to suck on like candy or boullion cubes. (The things you make broth out of)

MeiJing

Old 08-16-2009, 06:45 PM

i like to read on my bed most of the time. or i'll go and read at a coffee shop . it doesnt really matter where i read. XD i just try not to read more then one book at a time. XDD

kurashi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-16-2009, 10:50 PM

I usually read in bed or on a sofa, lying down, though usually on my front because I find that light shines in my eyes from the ceiling if I'm on my back.

If it's Winter I'll read with a hot cocoa or coffee :) but usually I'm reading because I love the book or to entertain, so I'll read with some rum :heart: , something to nomm on.... Generally I find that if I get too engrossed in a book it's impossible to move me for the rest of the day, so I either have to have something there to eat or I die :sweatdrop:

I will sometimes use light music in the background. I find that (The Real) Tuesday Weld are good for easy-listening background music.

citron
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-17-2009, 09:18 PM

When I read it's usually sitting down either in the car, at my desk, or on my bed against the wall. Otherwise I'd lay down on my bed and read, but my arm gets numb after laying around on it for a certain amount of time. So I have to alternate arms once in a while.