Dixie H
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-06-2009, 07:47 AM

Neverending Story. Seriously, it's one of those movies that tragically everyone has seen and didn't realize was a book. The book is wonderful and enchanting and the heroes journey is cut in half by the movies. It's like looking at a Xerox copy of a masterpiece in my opinion. There is a lovely little piece in which Bastian conquers the nothing only to lose himself in the story before finally escaping and discovering himself again. That nonsense with the luck dragon and the dumpster bullies was just dreck.

xAcidxRainx
Child of the moon, Queen of whit...

Old 10-06-2009, 08:35 AM

A while back I would of said Harry Potter 4. However after reading a few more books and viewing some new movies I now have a new least favorite.

Inkheart.

I feel madly in love with this book and I netflixed the movie. I almost cried a few seconds into the film. However because I love Inkheart, Brendan Fraser, and Dustfinger I watched the movie twice.

It still sucked.

Remiem
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-07-2009, 09:03 PM

I'm agreeing with everyone in saying that Eragon was an aweful movie. I didn't even finish it. I walked out of the room halfway through. I was so disappointed.

Twilight was also pretty bad. Of course it doesn't help that I read and equally despised all of the books.

I can't think of any new ones to talk about because those two just stick out in my mind so much.

Sneeuw
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-07-2009, 10:23 PM

I think someone has already mentioned this in another thread, but I would have to say the Dragonlance movie. I hear they got a severe budget cut and had to make it animated at the last minute. The animation wasn't that great and it was kind of cheesey, but I enjoyed it immensely nonetheless, and I'm very glad I watched the movie before I read the books, because if it had been the other way around I probably would have hated the crap out of that movie. XD

DancerDoll
Nyuli
Send a message via MSN to DancerDoll

Old 10-08-2009, 01:38 PM

Well, I never got around to reading Eragon and didn't see the movie, so I can't comment there.

Ella Enchanted was terrible. I loved the book, hated the movie. I think I loved Levine's, The Two Princesses of Bamarre, more though.

I think all the Harry Potter movies save the first one were TERRIBLE!! Honestly I think they should have made it a mini-series, like Stephen King's Rose Red was. The last one that came out was the worst. There was no fight scene at all! I was murderous.

Watching Interview with the Vampire and then Queen of the Damned did get me into reading the Anne Rice books, but for the most part, I now hate Queen of the Damned. It's a horrible conversion of the book. I hated the book of Interview with the Vampire though. Louis is WAY too whiny. I loved The Vampire Lestat and Queen of the Damned though. Definately my faves. I haven't had a chance to read them in a while.

While I see Twilight as more of a Mary-Sue-ish romance than a vampire novel, the movie made it worse. Kristen Stewart is by far the worst actress I have ever seen. While, Robert Pattison is a good actor, he is not drop-dead-gorgeous-oh-my-god-need-to-change-my-pants like Edward Cullen should be. I would have been fine with him though, if Kristen Stewart wasn't, as I've mentioned before, THE WORST ACTRESS EVER.

eCrink
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to eCrink Send a message via MSN to eCrink

Old 10-08-2009, 07:44 PM

Bridge to Terabithia, I didn't even need to see the newer movie to know that they went waaaay overboard with the CGI.
The crappy 70's movie that they had made was at least accurate...

Riley_Dragonseeker
Dutchess of Creepers
Send a message via MSN to Riley_Dragonseeker Send a message via Yahoo to Riley_Dragonseeker

Old 10-08-2009, 11:51 PM

Eragon and Twilight and even though I haven't seen it yetNew Moon because I have seen the movie trailer and what I see in there doesn't make me happy. Also some of the Harry Potter movies as well.

Kwenda
Send a message via Yahoo to Kwenda

Old 10-09-2009, 12:53 AM

As I understand it, Blood and Chocolate was a horrible book-to-movie thing. I have never read the book or watched the movie, but I have a friend who loves the book and went to watch the movie, and the only thing they had in common was some character names. That's it. Needless to say, I didn't feel the need to go watch the movie, and I may get around to reading the book.

I agree on Eragon being bad too. What's sad, is that I went and watched it with my mom without rereading the book since I'd finished it when it first came out, and the entire time I was sitting there thinking that something was wrong. My mom, who has a horrible memory, agreed to me when I whispered to her that they were missing important stuff, only we couldn't remember what they were. I went and reread the book afterwards, and oh boy. They can't even make a sequel, they left out so many important plot-related things.

Ariana Silverfire

Old 10-09-2009, 01:20 AM

Both Eragon and Queen of the Damned were really bad. Queen of the Damned made me so mad. Being a huge Anne Rice fan I was so disappointed that I couldn't even come close to enjoying the movie. Eragon I was lucky enough to see the movie before I read the book.

Catti-Brie
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via Yahoo to Catti-Brie

Old 10-09-2009, 02:22 AM

I have to agree with Eragon I have read the books and was SO hyped for the movie and was watching it like this O.o They left so much important stuff out, I know they couldnt have everything in the movie but they left alot of the events that ties into the next book. I hope they never do Eldest into a movie :(

mihosama
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-09-2009, 03:17 AM

The Fellowship of the Ring. IT pissed me off that they COMPLETELY left off Old man Willow, Tom Bombadil and Goldberry, Thats like what the first 1/3 of the book?

I hate how they never really follow the book. They leave huge portions out. like Eragon, what happened to the flippin desert? Ella Enchanted was not even in the same time zone as the book. Oh does manga count couse they totally butchered Dragon Ball Z. Scarlett the sequel to Gone with the Wind was tortured a bit too.

Last edited by Sally Sinema; 10-09-2009 at 04:00 AM.. Reason: double posted

Erailea
Lost soul

Old 10-09-2009, 04:00 AM

@ mihosama - Ooops, dont' double post, it's against the rules, just edit your first post and add what you want to it, you still get the gold for all the words for doing so :3

I'm actually glad they left out Tom Bombadill in LOTR. If you think about it, it had nothing to do with the plot and it would have just taken up expensive screen time. Yes, it was a fun part of the book, but it had absolutely nothing to do with Frodo's journey and growth. I've had avid Tolkin fan's agree with me to. It's a shame, but it really would have hurt the film to have it, not helped it (we look at it from a cinematographic and film story point of view)

mihosama
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-09-2009, 02:43 PM

Yeah thats a good point, but Tom's is one of my favorite chapter's. So i guess I'm partial lol

Kwenda
Send a message via Yahoo to Kwenda

Old 10-09-2009, 06:13 PM

@mihosama - Tom was one of my favorites too, so I was a bit disappointed that he wasn't in the movie, but he didn't really apply that much to the storyline in general. Though, it would have been nice if they'd talked a bit more about the Ents, as Merry and Pippin both developed in the trilogy almost as much as Frodo did, and that was a key experience toward their growth and why the Ents came and helped out when they did.

Blkmage Disaster
The Shadow Thief

Old 10-11-2009, 05:26 AM

I was a bit surprised that the lord of the rings movies weren't butchered. They hardly left anything out, but they did leave a few things out. For screen time. When I first watched the fellowship of the ring, it got me to want to read the books. Cause I wanted to know more. :P

Looks like everyone hates the movie Eragon, :lol: I walked out of it halfway as well. I think Remiem mentioned walking out of the room halfway too. I read part of the book, couldn't finish cause I was lazy. :sweat:

About the Narnia movie again, the reason I don't like it is It felt too short for me. Sadly I liked the cartoon better than the movie. More epicness I guess, I do prefer the books, I guess I'm kinda partial to that. :sweat:

The Magician's Nephew SpoilerX

I'm more disappointed in the fact they didn't make a movie for the magicians nephew. It's how Narnia began, the pevensie's grandfather when he was young found out about it. By going through these portals with rings he found, he found Narnia. Not just Narnia, The white witch's world,too. Narnia wasn't her world. It was some other world she had destroyed. She turned all the people to stone with one word. It also explained how the lamppost became a part of narnia as well. Jadis, the white witch, took it with her; when she was sent to narnia from London.

Sadistic Deer
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-11-2009, 06:26 AM

The movies that come to mind are Eragon and Narnia.
In the Eragon movie, it started out well, but ended tragically. I can't really remember the movie all that well, but I remember thinking, 'Wait, it's over? It was just about to get kinda interesting!' :| I loved how pretty the dragon was though.

With Narnia...it was just boring. I was so looking forward to it too. Though I did love the wolves for some reason, probably because I'm such a wolf geek.

I haven't bothered to watch the latest Harry Potter, and I probably never will. It's funny and a little annoying how my idiotic uncle obsesses over it though - of course he also finds trash comedy movies that barely count as Blockbusters and the Scary Movies to be hilarious. :stare:

Inertia
My heart and soul entwine my Lov...

Old 10-11-2009, 08:56 AM

Couldn't say for sure, but I'm told the Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum movies were a bad conversion.

Riley_Dragonseeker
Dutchess of Creepers
Send a message via MSN to Riley_Dragonseeker Send a message via Yahoo to Riley_Dragonseeker

Old 10-11-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadistic Deer View Post
The movies that come to mind are Eragon and Narnia.
In the Eragon movie, it started out well, but ended tragically. I can't really remember the movie all that well, but I remember thinking, 'Wait, it's over? It was just about to get kinda interesting!' :| I loved how pretty the dragon was though.

With Narnia...it was just boring. I was so looking forward to it too. Though I did love the wolves for some reason, probably because I'm such a wolf geek.

I haven't bothered to watch the latest Harry Potter, and I probably never will. It's funny and a little annoying how my idiotic uncle obsesses over it though - of course he also finds trash comedy movies that barely count as Blockbusters and the Scary Movies to be hilarious. :stare:
I agree with you about Narnia. I prefer the books anyday. They left alot of important information out in the movies.

Shooga!
*^_^*
Banned

Old 10-11-2009, 08:46 PM

The 4th and 5th Harry Potter conversions were pretty dire.

LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 10-12-2009, 12:54 AM

Twilight - no one can argue with that. it has to be...like....the worst one of the CENTURY o.o I mean, like, even the people that love twilight (30%ish or more?) say that the movie sucks ._. so...yea, movie = total fail.

Riley_Dragonseeker>> well, there's not much time for them to do the entire book, but I won't say it's the worst.

Chikuma
(・・^...

Old 10-12-2009, 04:05 AM

@Moxie- I watched Hannibal before I read it. Seeing the movie made me want to read the book. I am more of a reader anyway. After reading the all the books and then rewatching the movie I was surprised at how much of Hannibal you miss by watching the movie. I still have a soft spot for the movie because that is what got me to read the books but I agree that the book is sooo much better!

For me the worst book to movie of all time was Battlefield Earth by L. Ron Hubbard. By far one of THEE greatest Scifi books ever written and they slaughtered it!!! Out of all the bad book to movies I have seen that was the most disappointing for me.

Lexta
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Lexta

Old 10-12-2009, 05:12 AM

One of my favorite books of all time is Blood and Chocolate.
It's simply fantastic!

But the movie was down right awful.
Not only did it not relate to the book at all,
(I think they kept the names the same and that's it.)
But it had a terrible plot in the movie, and was just plan not good. :/

But maybe I'm more critical since I loved the book so much. :sweat:

thalia_cross
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-13-2009, 02:50 AM

the eragon movie made me mad. they screwed so much of it up i don't ever want to see it again.

then, the twilight movie was an epic fail to the highest degree, in every aspect imaginable. it looked like they made it with a cheapskate budget, the casting director failed miserably because most of the characters looked really bad for the people they were playing or their acting sucked or both, and the way they portrayed the key events of the book completely destroyed the entire thing.

Fastion
Black Shield

Old 10-13-2009, 03:44 AM

@ thalia_cross- for the bad Twilight script, blame Meyer. She wrote it/had a huge say in it

Tygersprite
Of in Wonderland

Old 10-13-2009, 03:47 AM

Let me see, right now all I can think of is good books people should turn into movies. Rebecca is a story the movie do justice, but I can't say I blame them, what really gave the booke was the nameless female lead. In the movie they had to name her. /: