View Poll Results: What do you think?
I agree 58 33.72%
dissagree 71 41.28%
Word! 27 15.70%
Gold! 47 27.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Kings Anointed Send a message via Yahoo to Kings Anointed

Old 10-27-2009, 08:35 PM

Anyone read it? ^_^ I do from time to time. It's great encouragement especially when I'm feeling beat down. That and I see my self in a lot of it's stories.

Rules:

Keep it civil. No cursing. You get 3 warnings. Then I report you.

Last edited by Kings Anointed; 12-07-2010 at 07:45 AM..

Vaanistia
The Celestrium
Send a message via MSN to Vaanistia

Old 10-27-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Anointed View Post
Anyone read it? ^_^ I do from time to time. It's great encouragement especially when I'm feeling beat down. That and I see my self in a lot of it's stories.
i try to read it more than i used too. it is a great inspiration for anything actually. actaully at one point in time i stopped reading it altogether, but i got back into it and stopped procrastinating. i know it sounds weird. i just stopped reading when i was younger, but at least i didn't stop beliving in God.

koshkatamara
Tamara

Old 10-28-2009, 12:24 AM

I love God and I love to read, but I will admit, I rarely read the Bible. It is the best book in the world for it is written by God, but it can be very difficult to read. You can't just swallow it whole, you have to think about each verse that you read. I want to start reading it more, it really does help encourage you when you are down. But only if you are willing to take in its encouragement. I post a verse every day on my facebook, and that actually reminds me of God in case I happen to forget him. I love how every day I can read those verses and feel better. The Bible is amazing!!! (Though, I really do need to start reading it more often.....)

akinmytua
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-28-2009, 02:45 AM

I remember when I sat down and read all of Genesis in one sitting... I was so confused that I have avoiding reading large chunks of scripture in one sitting since then. Because it is so important you really do need time to digest it, unlike other books.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Kings Anointed Send a message via Yahoo to Kings Anointed

Old 10-28-2009, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaanistia View Post
i try to read it more than i used too. it is a great inspiration for anything actually. actaully at one point in time i stopped reading it altogether, but i got back into it and stopped procrastinating. i know it sounds weird. i just stopped reading when i was younger, but at least i didn't stop beliving in God.
It's good you still believe in the Lord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshkatamara View Post
I love God and I love to read, but I will admit, I rarely read the Bible. It is the best book in the world for it is written by God, but it can be very difficult to read. You can't just swallow it whole, you have to think about each verse that you read. I want to start reading it more, it really does help encourage you when you are down. But only if you are willing to take in its encouragement. I post a verse every day on my facebook, and that actually reminds me of God in case I happen to forget him. I love how every day I can read those verses and feel better. The Bible is amazing!!! (Though, I really do need to start reading it more often.....)
Yeah ^_^ That's awesome that you do that. I "witness" on my page too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akinmytua View Post
I remember when I sat down and read all of Genesis in one sitting... I was so confused that I have avoiding reading large chunks of scripture in one sitting since then. Because it is so important you really do need time to digest it, unlike other books.
It's usually best to sit dow nand read it in small chunks rather than whole books. Then ask God to impart to you whatever you lack in understanding.

Last edited by Knerd; 10-28-2009 at 03:44 PM..

Poppy Yukia
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-28-2009, 05:13 AM

I have not read the whole thing but i read when im in church and when im feeling down. My mom read all of it and it took her a year of reading everyday never skipping.

whompus
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-28-2009, 12:53 PM

I've read the bible, (a good read indeed) and I agree and disagree with it. I'm Buddhist, so I take it differently than many of my friends.

Viperish-Path
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-28-2009, 03:16 PM

Even though I'm not a Christian, I have read the Bible (be it many years ago) and it is a good read, even if you don't believe in it's words.

The Cheshire Cat
*^_^*

Old 10-28-2009, 09:52 PM

I've read a small amount of books in the bible, but not all. I think they were, Job, Ester, Genesis, Jonah, Romans, and... I forget the last one. Hmmm.

Oh well. Yeah, the verses are powerful and help me when I'm down. It's interesting you've made this topic. ^^

Clarise
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-28-2009, 10:26 PM

I've read it all. I have to admit, though, my first couple of times through, I kept trying to over-analyze things and I got confused and frustrated. Now, though, I have to say that I just find it very inspirational and reassuring.

SeductiveKalona
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-28-2009, 11:03 PM

I'm not a Christian, but would like to be, so I'm glad I found thsi thread. My parents are Christians, but I'm an atheist. I've finally realized I need to change my view on religion and start seriously thinking about it. Can anyone give me a website?

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-29-2009, 02:22 AM

Awesome y'all thankyou for all the replies! ^_^ I had no clue this would get so much positive attention. Praise the Lord! Even for those who don't agree with the Bible y'all are awesome people and may God bless you.

SeductiveKalona> You bet my friend ^_^ I don't personally have a site but my church does.
http://www.churchonline.tv

Last edited by Kings Anointed; 10-29-2009 at 02:26 AM.. Reason: to fix link

KiwiRose
Matriarch

Old 10-29-2009, 02:46 AM

I've read several childrend and teens bibles, but I've never read the entire Holy Bible. I do enjoy it, however.

I am bothered by the proven mis-tranlations, however. There's this 100 Holy Bible that is supposedly re-translated from some of the oldest avaliable text so it's supposed to be more accurate... I'm very curious about it. Hope it's not a hoax.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-29-2009, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiRose View Post
I've read several childrend and teens bibles, but I've never read the entire Holy Bible. I do enjoy it, however.

I am bothered by the proven mis-tranlations, however. There's this 100 Holy Bible that is supposedly re-translated from some of the oldest avaliable text so it's supposed to be more accurate... I'm very curious about it. Hope it's not a hoax.
Really? I haven't heard about that yet and Ditto. I say it's accurate if God will bless it. But He's the only one who knows everything anyway.

KiwiRose
Matriarch

Old 10-29-2009, 10:29 PM

@Kings Anointed I saw it first in Archaeology magazine, actaully.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-30-2009, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiRose View Post
@Kings Anointed I saw it first in Archaeology magazine, actaully.
Oh lol okay ^_^

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-30-2009, 03:21 PM

I've read the bible when I was younger and went to Catholic school, I'm not a Christian anymore because I don't want to be a hypocrite. I don't live the lifestyle, it just not for me.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-31-2009, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kole_Locke View Post
I've read the bible when I was younger and went to Catholic school, I'm not a Christian anymore because I don't want to be a hypocrite. I don't live the lifestyle, it just not for me.
Aye well good luck with that mate. Jesus loves you beyond your lifestyle choices.

Paper Face Parade
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-31-2009, 04:14 PM

I feel so lucky I go to a Catholic School, so every day in New Testament we read a chapter from the Bible. It's basically the highlight of my day. =3
That and my New Testament teacher, Mr. Roos, he's so cool. He sings, and curses all the time. One day in class he was saying something about the Bible (We were learning about source criticism maybe?) and said, "Well it's true, I bet all of you think the Bible is a cock of shit." It was weird. D8
I don't believe that at all, but it was sad how many people where nodding their heads.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-31-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Face Parade View Post
I feel so lucky I go to a Catholic School, so every day in New Testament we read a chapter from the Bible. It's basically the highlight of my day. =3
That and my New Testament teacher, Mr. Roos, he's so cool. He sings, and curses all the time. One day in class he was saying something about the Bible (We were learning about source criticism maybe?) and said, "Well it's true, I bet all of you think the Bible is a cock of shit." It was weird. D8
I don't believe that at all, but it was sad how many people where nodding their heads.
Seriously is sad at how many do agree with that statement being a crock of fecal matter. It's good to meet you and thank you. So you believe in Jesus' entire divinity and such right and what it says in John ch1-verses1:4? At the beginning of John?
"In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God..." etc. When John was referring to Jesus the light of the world right?

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 10-31-2009, 08:07 PM

I don't read it regularly like I should, but I once tried reading it all the way through.
I got really discouraged by all the record keeping in the begining.
Jacob son of so and so, birthed when so and so was so many years old.

But I remember once when a lady from church had committed suicide...
And she was a sweet lady. I was confused, because they said murder was a sin punishable by hell...and I just couldn't wrap my mind around someone so sweet, and obviously in so much pain going to hell...

Well my Auntie G[Gwendolyn] called and she had me read a certain passage and she read it to me as well, that explained it a little bit. And I know in my heart that she didn't go to hell. Reading that passage comforted me...it explained things a bit better.
:' )

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-31-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn Gun View Post
I don't read it regularly like I should, but I once tried reading it all the way through.
I got really discouraged by all the record keeping in the begining.
Jacob son of so and so, birthed when so and so was so many years old.

But I remember once when a lady from church had committed suicide...
And she was a sweet lady. I was confused, because they said murder was a sin punishable by hell...and I just couldn't wrap my mind around someone so sweet, and obviously in so much pain going to hell...

Well my Auntie G[Gwendolyn] called and she had me read a certain passage and she read it to me as well, that explained it a little bit. And I know in my heart that she didn't go to hell. Reading that passage comforted me...it explained things a bit better.
:' )
If you believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and that he died and rose again, then you will not go to Hell. ^_^ Because sin has been forgiven and the blood he shed on the cross cancels out sin's power to damn us those who Believe and have Faith. I'm sorry to hear she committed suicide but I believe once in Jesus always with Jesus. Plus judgment of others is God's business. It's taken me a while to come to terms with that but I realize of course how terrible it must be for God when he has to send one of his best creations to hell because they never accepted what Jesus did for them on the cross. It must break God's heart for each person that stays guilty of their sin. Having never asked Him to forgive and forget them them through Jesus' blood. I'm glad you know in your heart that she went to Heaven. I believe she did too if she made Christ her savior and Lord. Have a nice day! ^_^

tresha_kajira

Old 11-01-2009, 01:05 AM

started to read it then was distracted with moving. my mom for my birthday this year was a saint, sending me an audio version of the bible that i can download into my ipod and listen to it while im doing chores or walking.

Blkmage Disaster
The Shadow Thief

Old 11-01-2009, 01:18 AM

I know I don't read that much of the Bible or go to church much. I found how the Bible was worded that it was confusing for me. I'm not much good at getting up early in the morning. :sweat: That's one reason I don't go to church.

I try to make up for that by remembering when my Mother would read to me the Bible, it felt different when she read it to me than myself. It's all nostalgic for me.
I always love to watch the movies that come on the religous channel. I learn something new everytime. I always loved the story of Moses and Joseph. :heart:

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-01-2009, 05:45 AM

Tresha>That's awesome God bless you with that!

Blkmage>Hmmmm that's cool. I do go to church every Sunday. I may not read every day but I drive an hour to church. So getting up early is something I do. Anyway Y'all have a great night and God bless!