View Poll Results: What do you think?
I agree 58 33.72%
dissagree 71 41.28%
Word! 27 15.70%
Gold! 47 27.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

S.w.i.t.c.h

Old 11-01-2009, 08:34 PM

I never read the bible its far to boring for me...not a Christian.I never went to church.Dont really belive in god.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Kings Anointed Send a message via Yahoo to Kings Anointed

Old 11-02-2009, 03:10 AM

Boring? C'mon dude It's got action, romance, redemption, warriors, wars, all the good stuff people look for in movies and other stuff. In the games we play for entertainment? Haven't you ever hard a love letter written to you? That's what it is dude. The love letter from a God who loved you before you were ever born. The God who protects you from only He knows what all comes at you every day. Even if you believe in Him or not. Plus, you said you never really read it right? So how do you know if it's boring or not? Seriously how can you know if something is boring or not if you've never tried it? Anyway have a nice day.

Porkbackfat
Salty and Satisfying!

Old 11-02-2009, 04:16 AM

I find it hard to decide one way or the other really. It's either completely true or one of the world's greatest works of fiction. I grew up in a Christian family and in Christian schools so I have certainly had my fair share of the Bible (read it cover to cover more times than I can count). What makes it even harder is that councils of men decided what would and would not go in the Bible. If it's a word of God, how are mere mortals to decide what is or is not right? That all aside the book instills a good sense of morality in a very thought provoking manner sometimes and I must admit, has some decent stories to share. ^_^

Personally, I have been studying many religious/philosophical texts though to decide one way or another which (if any) I believe are true. Each seems to have its own mythology involved but most preach a very similar message morality wise.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Kings Anointed Send a message via Yahoo to Kings Anointed

Old 11-02-2009, 09:21 PM

I feel yea man, the "many roads to one place" universalism thing Yes it's not undoubted they have their moral themes and awe inspiring stories. But none of them are quite as clear as the Bible in saying "Jesus is the way." As far as the Bible being put together by men or mortals, yes it was. However, I believe everything that was put into it were the important things needed that are most poignant to improving ourselves. I believe this is the part where God inspired the men on what to include or exclude thus guiding the outcome.

Blkmage Disaster
The Shadow Thief

Old 11-03-2009, 09:45 PM

Even though I don't know much, since I don't read as much. Which I think I need to. I was worried about my friend one day. She didn't believe in God, and I was afraid that she wouldn't be saved. Mom told me that I can pray for her. That friend of mine also told me that it says in the Bible that even non believers can be saved. I was so relieved after hearing that. I still pray for her though.

I did read a little bit about revelations, and it said in it that if you believe in God and Christ, you can be saved. I feel like there isn't enough in the bible, like some things were left out. I know God had Angels eat some of the words in the Bible for some reason. I think that there weren't enough scriptures found yet, and that the Church may have left some out too. It really saddens me, about the church. I don't know if it's true or not, but I'd like to know more.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-03-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkmage Disaster View Post
Even though I don't know much, since I don't read as much. Which I think I need to. I was worried about my friend one day. She didn't believe in God, and I was afraid that she wouldn't be saved. Mom told me that I can pray for her. That friend of mine also told me that it says in the Bible that even non believers can be saved. I was so relieved after hearing that. I still pray for her though.

I did read a little bit about revelations, and it said in it that if you believe in God and Christ, you can be saved. I feel like there isn't enough in the bible, like some things were left out. I know God had Angels eat some of the words in the Bible for some reason. I think that there weren't enough scriptures found yet, and that the Church may have left some out too. It really saddens me, about the church. I don't know if it's true or not, but I'd like to know more.
I understand where you're coming from but, if even Non-believers can go to Heaven without being saved, why did Christ have to come and die such a horrible death? I mean that is if people didn't have to be cleansed of their sins through Him in this life before being allowed into Heaven in the here after? The New Testament Clearly delcares, By no other name is man saved but by the name of Jesus. That in Jesus Christ is the only Way that we can be saved. There is a lot of confusion in the church today because those who've strayed from the truth have allowed spirits of confusion into their minds. Therefore, all of these "new" "ear tickling theories", and misinterperatations of Scripture have arisen. That's why there is so much division and such. However, one truth remains, Jesus is the Only, I repeat Only, way of getting to Heaven. My pastor puts it this way, "It's not about what you know. It's about Who you know that get's you in to Heaven."

In the same light, once you've come to Christ, you're no longer destined for Hell, or even more sadly a Christless eternity. The Bible is our guide for this life to grow spiritually and become more like God. God has hidden somethings for his own purposes and will reveal them one day. "All things hidden will be revealed. What you do in secret will be aired publically." This goes for bad things but even better, good things also. Aint that awesome? God is constantly looking for ways to bless us not for an excuse to curse us or heckle our lives.

Blkmage Disaster
The Shadow Thief

Old 11-04-2009, 02:01 AM

That is awesome, I love God and Jesus Christ, don't you? :)

I just hope my friend just comes around and believe in God. I think she believes in Jesus, but I can't seem to understand why she doesn't believe in God. She believes in the lord and lady, from the Wiccan religion. I just want to see her in Heaven. I would still pray for her though.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-04-2009, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkmage Disaster View Post
That is awesome, I love God and Jesus Christ, don't you? :)

I just hope my friend just comes around and believe in God. I think she believes in Jesus, but I can't seem to understand why she doesn't believe in God. She believes in the lord and lady, from the Wiccan religion. I just want to see her in Heaven. I would still pray for her though.

Seriously you should. And if She believes in Jesus Christ then she believes in God too. >.o Remember from John 1:1-4? Where it calls Jesus the Word and the Word Was with God and the word Was God." ?

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-04-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Anointed View Post
Aye well good luck with that mate. Jesus loves you beyond your lifestyle choices.
I'm sure he does despite what others may tell me.

GothicAngel7

Old 11-04-2009, 10:08 PM

I <3 Jesus and The Bible! =3
I read it regularly, it makes me happy win i'm sad. :angel:

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-04-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kole_Locke View Post
I'm sure he does despite what others may tell me.
Trust me, If He didn't, there's no way He'd have suffered on the Cross 2000 years ago for us the way He did. If He hadn't loved us enough to die for us there would still be no way to Heaven for sinners who've been forgiven. There's be no lasting forgiveness for sin either. -hug- "God hates sin, not the sinners." I don't care for "critical Christianity." I believe in the uncompromising in Christianity and the Bible. I just believe Judgmental, critical, and condemning Christians turns off more people than it brings in and further isolates and polarizes people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicAngel7 View Post
I <3 Jesus and The Bible! =3
I read it regularly, it makes me happy win i'm sad. :angel:
Awesome!!! ^_^ -hugs- Nice to meet you!!! Are you a Christian?

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-05-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Trust me, If He didn't, there's no way He'd have suffered on the Cross 2000 years ago for us the way He did. If He hadn't loved us enough to die for us there would still be no way to Heaven for sinners who've been forgiven. There's be no lasting forgiveness for sin either. -hug- "God hates sin, not the sinners." I don't care for "critical Christianity." I believe in the uncompromising in Christianity and the Bible. I just believe Judgmental, critical, and condemning Christians turns off more people than it brings in and further isolates and polarizes people.

Awesome!!! ^_^ -hugs- Nice to meet you!!! Are you a Christian?
In "The South" Southern Baptist are both very critical and hypocritical. Many people turn to alternative religions or just like myself for the most part chose to be a Humanist. Not that I don't believe anything the bible says or anything. I just chose to respect other people because they are fellow human beings. I was raised Catholic and see too much fault in the church, but I do agree with the teachings of Jesus.

Last edited by fiarra; 11-03-2010 at 02:02 AM..

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-05-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
In "The South" Southern Baptist are both very critical and hypocritical. Many people turn to alternative religions or just like myself for the most part chose to be a Humanist. Not that I don't believe anything the bible says or anything. I just chose to respect other people because they are fellow human beings. I was raised Catholic and see too much fault in the church, but I do agree with the teachings of Jesus.
Dude yeah, I totally agree with you there. They hypocrasy was what kept me away a long time too on top of other things. Though while at church we had a guest speaker come and preach. He raised a valid point. "If a hypocrite is standing between you and God, guess who's closer." and this one, "If you don't go to church because it's full of hypocrites then why do you Walmart? (or where ever you shop that is.) They've got all sorts of hypocrites there too." So yeah, I came to God and got over all that other stuff. Yes hypocrites anger me but I forgive them. I forgive them because I have been forgiven by God.
I'm not a humanist for a couple reasons. One they try to exclude God from things. Two they are too fixated on human goodness and achievements, which compared to God's countless works and goodness is like filthy rags. I do good because God has been good to me and has loved me. Therefore, I must love others in response to God's love for me. You said you agree with all of Jesus' teachings yes? What about how He taught His disciples, "I am the way...", "All who have seen me have seen the Father...", "I am..." etc. ?

sukishine
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to sukishine Send a message via MSN to sukishine

Old 11-06-2009, 03:04 AM

I've always loved the Bible, but have really gotten into it this year. I take an Old Testament Survey course and it is absolutely incredible. I love the Old Testament so much. It's like learning about my ancestry which is awesome. The most amazing thing about it though is how it demonstrates God totally awe inspiring power but also his incredible mercy and patience with those whose hearts are truly turned toward him. I'm reading Nehemiah right now. The Bible is definitely without question the most interesting and important book in existence. I really enjoy reading romance, adventure, and fantasy so it gives me all of those but also causes my love for God to be stronger every time I read it.
And virtually all books are inspired from the Bible, as far as I can see-- except on a less grand of a scale.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-06-2009, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukishine View Post
I've always loved the Bible, but have really gotten into it this year. I take an Old Testament Survey course and it is absolutely incredible. I love the Old Testament so much. It's like learning about my ancestry which is awesome. The most amazing thing about it though is how it demonstrates God totally awe inspiring power but also his incredible mercy and patience with those whose hearts are truly turned toward him. I'm reading Nehemiah right now. The Bible is definitely without question the most interesting and important book in existence. I really enjoy reading romance, adventure, and fantasy so it gives me all of those but also causes my love for God to be stronger every time I read it.
And virtually all books are inspired from the Bible, as far as I can see-- except on a less grand of a scale.
Your ancestory? Awesome. How are your views on the New Testament?

sukishine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-06-2009, 03:20 AM

Yep. I figure as soon as I let Jesus into my heart I became the seed of Abraham as well and therefore all his blessings from his covenant with God also came to me.
Whatever the New Testament says I agree with and just the way it says it. God makes his Word fairly simple for humans so I don't try to make it more complicated than it is. I believe God sent his son to die for the sins of the world, who in no way deserved mercy, and that Jesus died, defeated death, hell, and the grave, and rose again victorious.
Really, before this year I hardly read the Old Testament at all because when a Christian isn't yet strong, the important message it that Jesus died for us so we could go to Heaven so it just makes me appreciate Jesus at the cross so much more knowing all that God the Father had already done--repeatedly giving his children chances to come back to Him and when they continually turned their backs on Him He sent Jesus. I could go on and on, but words are not sufficient to describe how great God is.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-06-2009, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Yep. I figure as soon as I let Jesus into my heart I became the seed of Abraham as well and therefore all his blessings from his covenant with God also came to me.
Whatever the New Testament says I agree with and just the way it says it. God makes his Word fairly simple for humans so I don't try to make it more complicated than it is. I believe God sent his son to die for the sins of the world, who in no way deserved mercy, and that Jesus died, defeated death, hell, and the grave, and rose again victorious.
Really, before this year I hardly read the Old Testament at all because when a Christian isn't yet strong, the important message it that Jesus died for us so we could go to Heaven so it just makes me appreciate Jesus at the cross so much more knowing all that God the Father had already done--repeatedly giving his children chances to come back to Him and when they continually turned their backs on Him He sent Jesus. I could go on and on, but words are not sufficient to describe how great God is.
Seriously right? ^_^ Love your new avatar by the way. I have a girlfriend who was raised Jewish and she's thinking about Converting cause God spooked her after she prayed to him one night for guidance. And the next morning someone randomly gave her a pocket sized New Testament.

Zero_Hawkins_Yuy
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-09-2009, 05:17 AM

I love to read the bible. I wish I can read it every day, but I get either too lazy or most of the time I am just too busy. I my favorite book of the bible is Daniel. I think I almost got it memorized. I know I should read more parts of the bible, but I just love the book of Daniel, I know for a fact I read/heard it on a audio tape, over 5 times all together, and that number keeps growing.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-09-2009, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Hawkins_Yuy View Post
I love to read the bible. I wish I can read it every day, but I get either too lazy or most of the time I am just too busy. I my favorite book of the bible is Daniel. I think I almost got it memorized. I know I should read more parts of the bible, but I just love the book of Daniel, I know for a fact I read/heard it on a audio tape, over 5 times all together, and that number keeps growing.
My favorite story is Heshack, Meshack, and Abendigo in the Fiery furnace!

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-09-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Dude yeah, I totally agree with you there. They hypocrasy was what kept me away a long time too on top of other things. Though while at church we had a guest speaker come and preach. He raised a valid point. "If a hypocrite is standing between you and God, guess who's closer." and this one, "If you don't go to church because it's full of hypocrites then why do you Walmart? (or where ever you shop that is.) They've got all sorts of hypocrites there too." So yeah, I came to God and got over all that other stuff. Yes hypocrites anger me but I forgive them. I forgive them because I have been forgiven by God.
I'm not a humanist for a couple reasons. One they try to exclude God from things. Two they are too fixated on human goodness and achievements, which compared to God's countless works and goodness is like filthy rags. I do good because God has been good to me and has loved me. Therefore, I must love others in response to God's love for me. You said you agree with all of Jesus' teachings yes? What about how He taught His disciples, "I am the way...", "All who have seen me have seen the Father...", "I am..." etc. ?
Well, I don't go to Wal-Mart so I don't consider myself a hypocrite in that sense. The hypocrite is the one who actually is not standing closer if you think about it. If you're a believer and just chose to be a solitary believer who reads the bible on a daily basis, and still have a relationship with Jesus then I see no fault there as far as being a Christian is concerned if that is the only issue.

As far as being a humanist is concerned. Christianity as far as I'm concerned came around two thousand years ago, and there have been religions much older which Christianity derived its customs from. I do question God a lot since "he gave me that ability" I give credit to the people for doing the good deeds they did. I have always believed that "God" was this being that set the wheels and motion and pretty much left the world to its own devices because when shootings such as the one in Texas happen, not to mention the holocaust or other horrific events that happen you really have to wonder. "Where is the love?"

sukishine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-09-2009, 06:07 PM

King: Thanks! Haha, if that's not direction from God, I don't know what is. xD

Kole: I know you're talking with king, but I'll just but in a little.
Don't you see? Christianity is as old as God as far as I can see. Christ is the image of God and is the fulfillment of prophecy in the Old Testament. I serve the same God as Adam and Eve. Many different religions actually worship the same God but the difference is that they will only take part of the truth or even add to it to make it what they want to believe. If a person wants any truth they must take all of it.
When Adam and Eve sinned they handed over the power to Satan over this world. It was their choice. All the evil happenings in the world are committed by people who allow the devil to use them. Everyone has a choice. The only way there is ever true love is when we let live Jesus live inside our hearts and God's love shines through us. Human love is conditional and fickle. Only God's love lasts forever no matter what.
By the way, when we have God on our side we are given power over Satan once again because Jesus conquered him when he died and rose again so it's just up to us to receive that free gift of power again.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-09-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
King: Thanks! Haha, if that's not direction from God, I don't know what is. xD

Kole: I know you're talking with king, but I'll just but in a little.
Don't you see? Christianity is as old as God as far as I can see. Christ is the image of God and is the fulfillment of prophecy in the Old Testament. I serve the same God as Adam and Eve. Many different religions actually worship the same God but the difference is that they will only take part of the truth or even add to it to make it what they want to believe. If a person wants any truth they must take all of it.
When Adam and Eve sinned they handed over the power to Satan over this world. It was their choice. All the evil happenings in the world are committed by people who allow the devil to use them. Everyone has a choice. The only way there is ever true love is when we let live Jesus live inside our hearts and God's love shines through us. Human love is conditional and fickle. Only God's love lasts forever no matter what.
By the way, when we have God on our side we are given power over Satan once again because Jesus conquered him when he died and rose again so it's just up to us to receive that free gift of power again.
Well all I can say is that you're very strong in your beliefs "as far as you can see?" That is a belief to me. Human love is conditional, but you learn to love yourself first. I'm glad you know what you believe, but rather than contest beliefs I politely say thanks, but no thanks because I don't want to be a hypocrite because I know I can't live the lifestyle of a Christian.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-10-2009, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Well all I can say is that you're very strong in your beliefs "as far as you can see?" That is a belief to me. Human love is conditional, but you learn to love yourself first. I'm glad you know what you believe, but rather than contest beliefs I politely say thanks, but no thanks because I don't want to be a hypocrite because I know I can't live the lifestyle of a Christian.
No one can without Jesus. We're not perfect but He is and we are forgiven through Him. Anyway, you have a great and blessed week. Don't forget, God loves you no matter what. :) -waves-

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-10-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
No one can without Jesus. We're not perfect but He is and we are forgiven through Him. Anyway, you have a great and blessed week. Don't forget, God loves you no matter what. :) -waves-

Well at least you're not over here telling me I'm wrong and trying to convert me back. I give you credit there. ;)

sukishine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-10-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Of course, no can can make you believe something that you don't. The life-style of a Christian is loving God, so if one doesn't believe in Him, that would be rather hard.
Like king said, Christians aren't perfect. I apologize if I seem like I am pushing something on you. I just like to tell what God has allowed me to know especially considering this is a Bible discussion. While I don't agree with things that contradict the Bible, I also don't mean to attack the people who believe in them. I'm not trying to convert anyone, that's God's job. So just as a forewarning for other times, don't hold it against Christians if we seem over zealous. We can't really help it.