View Poll Results: What do you think?
I agree 58 33.72%
dissagree 71 41.28%
Word! 27 15.70%
Gold! 47 27.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Kings Anointed Send a message via Yahoo to Kings Anointed

Old 11-11-2009, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukishine View Post
Of course, no can can make you believe something that you don't. The life-style of a Christian is loving God, so if one doesn't believe in Him, that would be rather hard.
Like king said, Christians aren't perfect. I apologize if I seem like I am pushing something on you. I just like to tell what God has allowed me to know especially considering this is a Bible discussion. While I don't agree with things that contradict the Bible, I also don't mean to attack the people who believe in them. I'm not trying to convert anyone, that's God's job. So just as a forewarning for other times, don't hold it against Christians if we seem over zealous. We can't really help it.
Amen. But Though being over zealous can end up bruising potential fruit Sun. And yeah, Dude. I've learned from past experiences after making mistakes. So yeah. I'm not here to condemn anyone. Just to be a witness, the rest is up to God.

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:06 PM

I am trying to read it. 8D Sometimes I read from the New Testament, and sometimes I just open it on random places and read whatever it opens up on. I like reading the Psalms, but just the stories from the Old and New Testaments are good, too.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Kings Anointed Send a message via Yahoo to Kings Anointed

Old 11-12-2009, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Maiden View Post
I am trying to read it. 8D Sometimes I read from the New Testament, and sometimes I just open it on random places and read whatever it opens up on. I like reading the Psalms, but just the stories from the Old and New Testaments are good, too.
Awesome ^^ and Love your avatar!

skelly

Old 11-12-2009, 02:59 AM

I have not read the Bible, and don't really plan to, especially not all the way through. I am agnostic, and I would only read a religious book out of curiosity more than anything.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-12-2009, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelly View Post
I have not read the Bible, and don't really plan to, especially not all the way through. I am agnostic, and I would only read a religious book out of curiosity more than anything.
Either way it would be a good thing to read. My niece is agnostic.

skelly

Old 11-12-2009, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Anointed View Post
Either way it would be a good thing to read. My niece is agnostic.
Probably. I've read some of the stories via online websites and such, or seen plays that are based on the stories, but I've never read the actual Bible. I like being agnostic since I've always had a belief in a God like figure, but never felt my beliefs fit into any one religion, but I wasn't completely atheist. It's too bad, though, because sometimes we get fire from both ends of the spectrum for being 'indecisive.'

;]

Arryl
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-12-2009, 06:17 AM

I do gain comfort from reading the Bible, but I admit that a lot of it has to do with my upbringing. I personally think the Bible is the only spiritually inspired book, but I do think we can learn a lot from reading from other religious texts (in fact, I think that other religions and ways of thought should be studied).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Maiden View Post
If you like it to be somewhat poetic, I suggest the Song of Solomon. It can get a little spicy, but it does have some beautiful poetry in it.
Here's an excerpt from Chapter 8:
6Set me as a seal upon your heart,
as a seal upon your arm,
for love is strong as death,
jealousy is fierce as the grave.
Its flashes are flashes of fire,
the very flame of the LORD.
7Many waters cannot quench love,
neither can floods drown it.
If a man offered for love
all the wealth of his house,
he would be utterly despised.

Lixlaria
Devil Incarnite
Send a message via AIM to Lixlaria Send a message via MSN to Lixlaria Send a message via Yahoo to Lixlaria

Old 11-12-2009, 04:22 PM

Raised Catholic. I have read the bible countless times all the way through. I can't say that I believe in it. MY whole issue is that everything keeps changing. I have read different versions and they all say slightly different things. Do I think there is a God, yes...I believe that there is a higher being...Do I think that everything in the bible is truth, no. The bible like any other book is written by humans, therefore it is subjected to error and it is a story. A retelling of events from that persons point of veiw. It is impossible for it to be completely correct, in my opinion. Plus I really think that is it left up to interpritation, which is the reason why there are so many religions under the umbrella of Christianity...but once again this is all in my opinion.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-13-2009, 03:26 AM

Good arguments and objections and what not. We all believe this Sacred Book to be something different. I believe it to be the sharper than a double edged sword Word of God/Christ which is a Light and Lamp unto my feet even though I don't always keep that lamp lit by reading the words on it's pages. Some other people believe it to be only a good book by which to live their lives or just encouragement in times of need. I don't know what to tell those of you who only see it as that other than God is Real and so is Jesus. He's alive because rose again on the 3rd day defeating death, Hell, and the Grave. He defeated sin on the cross and extends that same power to us every day. If we mess up, fret not, his mercy is new every morning. ^^

Blkmage Disaster
The Shadow Thief

Old 11-14-2009, 03:36 AM

What really gets me about people these days is when they believe you when you say you've seen and/or talked to the devil, but when you mention you've seen and/or talked to God you're crazy. This world is just turning more horrible by every passing day. :(

I watched this documentary one day about the end of days, and the antichrist. Before I had a dream, it was like I was in a painting. I was kneeling down by the gates of heaven, and I could see myself there. There was an angel and a demon in the painting. The angel was with me, nearly embracing me. The demon was further away holding an bow and arrow, pointing it at me. They were moving in the dream, it wasn't like a real painting.

The next few days I watched this documenary, It showed the same painting. But it wasn't moving or real like in the dream. I got scared, cause I didn't understand at the time, I was afraid of going to Hell. I was alone in my room, scared, shaking, and crying. I prayed to Jesus, to not let me go to Hell. And I could have sworn I heard him talk to me. He told me not to worry, I'll be safe. Or something like that, I don't remember much. I knew I had this feeling of being calm, and feeling secure. I had a dream that same night, I was in this white place with fog on the floor, I was in my nightgown. I felt more calmer, even though there was nothing said, it was like I knew. God and Christ were there, I could feel something good there in my dream. They're here even if you feel like they're not, in and outside of dreams too.

I told this to my youth group when I went to church. I got strange looks, like they thought I was crazy. I was telling them the dreams I would have sometimes, and the painting one was one of them. I sometimes feel kinda isolated in church, I'm not sure why. But I keep my faith in God and Christ at home. Christ did say that the teachings of the Lord is not only in four walls only, right?

I always have a bible under my pillow, because of my belief, and to feel safe. Like God and Christ is there for me in spirit. To me it strengthens that feeling that they're here, with it under my pillow. Along with my faith.

Not many people like to talk about God, and anything from the bible like the end of days. But I'm not afraid. I know I will be safe, as many other people who believe will feel the same, I hope.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-14-2009, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkmage Disaster View Post
What really gets me about people these days is when they believe you when you say you've seen and/or talked to the devil, but when you mention you've seen and/or talked to God you're crazy. This world is just turning more horrible by every passing day. :(

I watched this documentary one day about the end of days, and the antichrist. Before I had a dream, it was like I was in a painting. I was kneeling down by the gates of heaven, and I could see myself there. There was an angel and a demon in the painting. The angel was with me, nearly embracing me. The demon was further away holding an bow and arrow, pointing it at me. They were moving in the dream, it wasn't like a real painting.

The next few days I watched this documenary, It showed the same painting. But it wasn't moving or real like in the dream. I got scared, cause I didn't understand at the time, I was afraid of going to Hell. I was alone in my room, scared, shaking, and crying. I prayed to Jesus, to not let me go to Hell. And I could have sworn I heard him talk to me. He told me not to worry, I'll be safe. Or something like that, I don't remember much. I knew I had this feeling of being calm, and feeling secure. I had a dream that same night, I was in this white place with fog on the floor, I was in my nightgown. I felt more calmer, even though there was nothing said, it was like I knew. God and Christ were there, I could feel something good there in my dream. They're here even if you feel like they're not, in and outside of dreams too.

I told this to my youth group when I went to church. I got strange looks, like they thought I was crazy. I was telling them the dreams I would have sometimes, and the painting one was one of them. I sometimes feel kinda isolated in church, I'm not sure why. But I keep my faith in God and Christ at home. Christ did say that the teachings of the Lord is not only in four walls only, right?

I always have a bible under my pillow, because of my belief, and to feel safe. Like God and Christ is there for me in spirit. To me it strengthens that feeling that they're here, with it under my pillow. Along with my faith.

Not many people like to talk about God, and anything from the bible like the end of days. But I'm not afraid. I know I will be safe, as many other people who believe will feel the same, I hope.
-jaw drops-Wow that's simply amazing my friend. That's some testimony. -hugs tight- ^_^ I love it when God does stuff like that. It's amazing isn't it when he'll single out something just for you to bring us to that point of praying to Him as he enfolds us with his loving arms.

Blkmage Disaster
The Shadow Thief

Old 11-14-2009, 06:03 AM

I've had many dreams similar to those, so have my mother. The good and the bad dreams, I think it's the holy ghost that makes you feel calm when scared. It's a good feeling. I'm not afraid to talk to God and Christ either. Whether I'm talking to them personally in prayer, or talking about how good they are to others.

Mom told me before that be careful on how you treat people you come across. That person could be an angel. I was thinking about that when I was little out of the blue when walking home from school. While I was thinking about that this young looking man said hello to me. I thought since he was a stranger, I wasn't sure if I should say something. Then I thought it would have been rude if he was an angel. I greeted him back and told him my Mother will be mad If I'm not home soon, so I had to go. I walked away thinking he was one of those strangers that could abduct me. Which I hope it wouldn't be the case. I looked back after I was a ways away. He was gone. I wasn't sure If he was the real thing or just a polite stranger. But the thought about an angel saying Hello to me made me feel happy, real or in my thoughts.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-14-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
I've had many dreams similar to those, so have my mother. The good and the bad dreams, I think it's the holy ghost that makes you feel calm when scared. It's a good feeling. I'm not afraid to talk to God and Christ either. Whether I'm talking to them personally in prayer, or talking about how good they are to others.

Mom told me before that be careful on how you treat people you come across. That person could be an angel. I was thinking about that when I was little out of the blue when walking home from school. While I was thinking about that this young looking man said hello to me. I thought since he was a stranger, I wasn't sure if I should say something. Then I thought it would have been rude if he was an angel. I greeted him back and told him my Mother will be mad If I'm not home soon, so I had to go. I walked away thinking he was one of those strangers that could abduct me. Which I hope it wouldn't be the case. I looked back after I was a ways away. He was gone. I wasn't sure If he was the real thing or just a polite stranger. But the thought about an angel saying Hello to me made me feel happy, real or in my thoughts.
Aw cool I've had moments like that. A guy asked me for money for food but I didn't have any cash on me. I forgot about my credit card and that i'd just used it to get lunch. When I looked away he was gone. I felt really bad about it.

Blkmage Disaster
The Shadow Thief

Old 11-14-2009, 06:25 AM

I've got many stories but I think I might need to go to bed. I wonder If God, or Christ could visit us in disguise like that? Or a saint or an apostle? I think the thought of it being wonderful. God knows what's in our hearts, and how we think and care about people. I've always been sentimental about other people, even some that may have had bad karma.

Even when people would not believe in God, I know there are people who do. Myself, and my family included. Good night and God bless.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-14-2009, 06:37 AM

Quote:
I've got many stories but I think I might need to go to bed. I wonder If God, or Christ could visit us in disguise like that? Or a saint or an apostle? I think the thought of it being wonderful. God knows what's in our hearts, and how we think and care about people. I've always been sentimental about other people, even some that may have had bad karma.

Even when people would not believe in God, I know there are people who do. Myself, and my family included. Good night and God bless.
God is awesome Hand's Down ^_^ -hugs-Good night.

KaiCalan
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to KaiCalan Send a message via Yahoo to KaiCalan

Old 11-14-2009, 06:57 AM

I read the Bible multiple times, when I was trying to figure out my true path. I believed that Christianity was not the answer for me, despite what every Christian has tried to tell me. I was not at peace believing in God and Jesus. I also read the Torah, and the Qu'ran. I've studied Buddhism and Taoism and Wicca, as well. And I am none of those. I am not agnostic, before someone jumps to that conclusion. But that doesn't mean that I believe my Path is the only Path. I am a Druid. I believe in multiple deities, because I don't believe that one being can take care of it all alone.

Does that mean that I think anyone who believes in one god (Jew, Christian, or Muslim, the tenants are basically the same) is stupid or unenlightened or something? NO!

I believe that everyone is going to find his or her own path, and that as long as you believe in peace and harmony (versus "Satanists" who believe in chaos and destruction), then we're all good.

But that's just my take on it. And since I'm getting a little wordy here, I'm going to go ahead and stop for now.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-14-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiCalan View Post
I read the Bible multiple times, when I was trying to figure out my true path. I believed that Christianity was not the answer for me, despite what every Christian has tried to tell me. I was not at peace believing in God and Jesus. I also read the Torah, and the Qu'ran. I've studied Buddhism and Taoism and Wicca, as well. And I am none of those. I am not agnostic, before someone jumps to that conclusion. But that doesn't mean that I believe my Path is the only Path. I am a Druid. I believe in multiple deities, because I don't believe that one being can take care of it all alone.

Does that mean that I think anyone who believes in one god (Jew, Christian, or Muslim, the tenants are basically the same) is stupid or unenlightened or something? NO!

I believe that everyone is going to find his or her own path, and that as long as you believe in peace and harmony (versus "Satanists" who believe in chaos and destruction), then we're all good.

But that's just my take on it. And since I'm getting a little wordy here, I'm going to go ahead and stop for now.
Interesting. You couldn't find peace in Jesus? That's a mind blower for me but hey He still loves and hung on the cross for you too. Not my place to judge. Have a nice day ^^

KaiCalan
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to KaiCalan Send a message via Yahoo to KaiCalan

Old 11-15-2009, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Interesting. You couldn't find peace in Jesus? That's a mind blower for me but hey He still loves and hung on the cross for you too. Not my place to judge. Have a nice day ^^

Yeah, I mean, I was reborn at 16, thinking it was the perfect life, but after a while, I wasn't feeling right as a Christian. Not to say that I didn't believe, because I did, but I felt... I don't know, trapped, maybe? Uninformed? Which is not to say that I believe Christians are uninformed (some are, some aren't, just like with any group of people in any context).

So I did myself a favor, and worked on it. I read, and prayed, and spent a long time doing a lot of soul-searching. And I believe that even though I am not a Christian, because I did think it through all the way, and I did find something to believe that is very peaceful and loving, and accepting, if I end up being wrong, I think I'll go to Heaven anyway. Because I don't think Jesus and God as depicted in the Bible would kick someone into Hell for not believing in Them, if the person really tried to understand everything instead of just chucking it all away because of a bad day or something.

I don't know if that makes any sense at all. I don't know how to explain my thought process, without it coming across like I am Christian but don't want to admit it, or something...

I hope it was understood!

:)

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-15-2009, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiCalan View Post
Yeah, I mean, I was reborn at 16, thinking it was the perfect life, but after a while, I wasn't feeling right as a Christian. Not to say that I didn't believe, because I did, but I felt... I don't know, trapped, maybe? Uninformed? Which is not to say that I believe Christians are uninformed (some are, some aren't, just like with any group of people in any context).

So I did myself a favor, and worked on it. I read, and prayed, and spent a long time doing a lot of soul-searching. And I believe that even though I am not a Christian, because I did think it through all the way, and I did find something to believe that is very peaceful and loving, and accepting, if I end up being wrong, I think I'll go to Heaven anyway. Because I don't think Jesus and God as depicted in the Bible would kick someone into Hell for not believing in Them, if the person really tried to understand everything instead of just chucking it all away because of a bad day or something.

I don't know if that makes any sense at all. I don't know how to explain my thought process, without it coming across like I am Christian but don't want to admit it, or something...

I hope it was understood!

:)
Whoever told you life would be easy when you became a Christian and that everything in life would be hunky dory, lied. Being a christian isn't easy there are so many pressures and temptations of this world and to rise above them isn't always easy. Going through life as a Christian all "tralala." Isn't real Christianity. There is a world that is lost, hurting and going to Hell if they don't recieve Jesus Christ. I know people don't think God would ever send anyone to Hell but that's truly what we all deserve. The reason people who Believe in Jesus won't, is because they've accepted His payment for their sins and recognized He's the only one that can get them to Heaven.

It's kind of like you were speeding in a 15mph zone and were clocked at going say 100+mph and your ticket is far more than you could pay at the time or ever possibly. Then someone you don't even know steps up and says "I'll pay this for you if you will let me." I mean you can either accept his payment or suffer the consequences of what you've caused. I mean logically you hopefully wouldn't be going that fast in a low speed area but people make mistakes all the time. God's not waiting for us to screw up and beat us with a ball bat. It's not like that. He's honestly waiting for us to wake up and realize that He loves us and has a plan for our lives. Two that he sent Himself (as his Son) to Earth and died for our sins so that all who believes will not be held accountable at the judgment or when they pass from this life. That's why I'm here to spread that truth to people who don't go to church or love God. Now I full-well know I'm not capable of saving anyone. God does that and God alone. He alone can change hearts and fill the God-shaped void in all of us. Soo yeah I don't know of really any other viable religion that can give someone that sort of solid hope or makes it that easy to get saved. I don't expect you to believe me and reconvert after all I've typed but maybe God will speak to you to your heart or to you in the nigh time as you sleep. Anything is possible with God.

crushedandmelted
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-15-2009, 11:07 PM

I don't really believe in God, but I still think that there are some very good things in the Bible; good enough, in fact, that it is a shame for people not to have read it.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-16-2009, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crushedandmelted View Post
I don't really believe in God, but I still think that there are some very good things in the Bible; good enough, in fact, that it is a shame for people not to have read it.
Indeed. indeed.

Lady_Megami
The monster under your bed.....

Old 11-16-2009, 01:59 AM

There are SO many versions of the bible, some versions have words replacing other words that are in other versions.

I have a Polygot bible that is over 140 yrs old. O_O paid 18$ for it at a antique store. It is awesome....Its original publish date was 1843 (I think, I have it put up right now)

I like it because it is, I believe closer then any newer translation. I find it funny that most bibles take out God's name, replacing it with LORD. seriously...why the heck to they change the bible? I read somewhere where the Catholics stated that we shouldn't even mention God's name...I think the Jewish relgion believes the same way? But the bible states not to take things out, not to add things and to praise God's name..

seriously...this is strange..how can they expect people to take the Bible seriously when humans add so many contradictions.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-16-2009, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Megami View Post
There are SO many versions of the bible, some versions have words replacing other words that are in other versions.

I have a Polygot bible that is over 140 yrs old. O_O paid 18$ for it at a antique store. It is awesome....Its original publish date was 1843 (I think, I have it put up right now)

I like it because it is, I believe closer then any newer translation. I find it funny that most bibles take out God's name, replacing it with LORD. seriously...why the heck to they change the bible? I read somewhere where the Catholics stated that we shouldn't even mention God's name...I think the Jewish relgion believes the same way? But the bible states not to take things out, not to add things and to praise God's name..

seriously...this is strange..how can they expect people to take the Bible seriously when humans add so many contradictions.

Good question. ^^"' I don't have a reply to that honestly because I partially agree with you.

Lady_Megami
The monster under your bed.....

Old 11-16-2009, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Good question. ^^"' I don't have a reply to that honestly because I partially agree with you.
lol *wink*

Violet_Beauregarde91
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-17-2009, 08:28 PM

I love God and I read the Bible from time to time, but honestly, not nearly as much as I should! I'm working on it and with God's help, I'll get back to reading it like I should. I usually just open the Bible and whatever page I end up on, I read that section, but if not, I usually read the Psalms or Romans. Encouraging stuff!