Lavender Loves
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-31-2009, 07:49 PM

Um, well I just wanted everyone else's opinion on which they like better.
^^;;
I personally like Harry Potter more, but I think Twilight's pretty cool. :3

BinkaKitty
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-31-2009, 08:52 PM

i like the twilight books more, but harry potter is good too. altho, i have yet to read both of their last books. i'm about 3/4 of the way thru breaking dawn, and i haven't even started the last harry potter book.

tresha_kajira

Old 11-01-2009, 01:09 AM

hard to say
read potter first, think its ok
even though im big into vampire stuff
cant tell
guess loves both

dssblindfox
shadow_of_the_living

Old 11-01-2009, 01:55 AM

twilight is def better there is more story behind it and the story in twilight is way deeper then the one in harry potter i didnt like the end of harry potter or twilight she should make another twilight harry potter is just eh

moonkittie
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to moonkittie Send a message via Yahoo to moonkittie

Old 11-01-2009, 03:26 AM

I like them both so much it's almost too hard to decide. I mean, with Harry Potter, you grow up with him and in the last book, I like how everything gets tied together. In Twilight, however, it's a love story. Sometimes it's a bit slow, but all in all, it basically is what everyone kinda dreams of: the option to live together with the one you love. That is such a great aspect! Hm... I think I'm going to vote Twilight on this one.

S.w.i.t.c.h

Old 11-01-2009, 05:41 PM

i like twilight better but harry potter is still good

Beliar
*^_^*

Old 11-01-2009, 09:17 PM

Definately Harry Potter. Granted I only read the first four books and half of the fifth. I attempted to read Twilight but I couldn't get into it. Besides I read Harry Potter in the third or fourth grade so it sticks with you. :3

Kamikaze Kendra
Music Guru

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Kendra

Old 11-01-2009, 10:28 PM

Harry Potter wins for obvious reasons. JK Rowling is simply a much better writer. The story for Twilight was okay, but Stephanie Meyer's over-use of certain adjectives, her Mary-Sue like characters with minor and unimportant flaws, and her voice as an author in general kind of ruined it for me.

Kaema
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-02-2009, 12:05 AM

Same here, I like Harry Potter more, but I think Twilight is cool.
I like Harry Potter because I think it has a really good story and I fell in love with all of the characters! (So it was so sad when some of them died! :()
I like Twilight, but I couldn't read the fourth one...way too weird. I felt it got kind of drama-ish between Edward and Jacob...plus Bella kind of bothered me for some reason. XD :sweat:
But I have the first one and it's one of my favorite books. :yes:
...and I have all the Harry Potter books. XD

ZoeyRedbird
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-02-2009, 12:16 AM

I like Harry Potter more than Twilight because it's more interesting.

Chaotic Decayed
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-02-2009, 12:42 AM

Meh, I like harry potter big time twilight not my thing but it is so so .

Kurai Amaya
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2009, 12:55 AM

Harry Potter will always be better than Twilight to me, for the obvious reasons.
IMO, JK Rowling is a better writer. The characters in Harry Potter are easier to relate to, more interesting, etc. I find the plot far more exciting, too.

Kaema
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-02-2009, 01:04 AM

She's definitely a better writer. The characters are more interesting and likeable. Also, I think the setting is better too. It was always exciting to imagine and I felt like I was right there next to the characters. But maybe watching some of the movies before I read the books helped with that too. xD

agonyisbliss

Old 11-02-2009, 01:22 AM

Of course Harry Potter. It's Harry Potter for pete's sake xD

ainebella
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to ainebella

Old 11-03-2009, 05:33 AM

Twilight i think is better than harry potter. harry potter gets really boring in the last ones i have found, and i find twilight highly entertaining

Voe
♡영웅재&...
Send a message via MSN to Voe

Old 11-03-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze Kendra View Post
Harry Potter wins for obvious reasons. JK Rowling is simply a much better writer. The story for Twilight was okay, but Stephanie Meyer's over-use of certain adjectives, her Mary-Sue like characters with minor and unimportant flaws, and her voice as an author in general kind of ruined it for me.
This. I agree. There's no contest.

Twilight reminds me of things I used to read when I was 13, written by other 13 year olds with a certain lust for a thesaurus and the desire to be captured by vampires.

Kaema
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-04-2009, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voe View Post

Twilight reminds me of things I used to read when I was 13, written by other 13 year olds with a certain lust for a thesaurus and the desire to be captured by vampires.
Definitely.
The story itself of Twilight is pretty nice. At least in the first couple of books...because after that it just kind of becomes drama, werewolves, and vampires...and kissing, etc.
I like the first one the best because the whole drama thing hadn't really come up yet. :)

Aggy the Awesome
Poo-tang-a-dang

Old 11-04-2009, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voe View Post

FOR THE WIN!

Chibes
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-04-2009, 05:59 AM

Harry Potter In my opinion is much better. Twilight has its merits but Harry Potter expanded upon a well known world of magic and stuff. It builds on what people believe and believed back in the day. Twilight, She decided that she could do better than what was vampire-lore and do her thing. I've read both in their entirety 2x. Twilight is good for a fun read but if I want to be stimulated mentally I'd chose Harry Potter. (Lord of the Rings is my first choice for mentally stimulating fantasy series)

I mean I watched the Twilght movie for the sparkling sound effect. Harry Potter I actually watched for the stories.

Morino

Old 11-04-2009, 11:20 AM

i choose Harry Potter over Twilight!

just more fun to read and see^^ and i dont like the GLITTER VAMPIRES!
But Twillight is also nice to read,

silverkittyempress
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-04-2009, 08:46 PM

Harry Potter. For me, it's to romance-y. The first book didn't draw me in, and I have to be captured and beaten by the first book in any series if they want me to like it.

Serita
DakotaGrl06

Old 11-05-2009, 02:51 AM

I like both really. I love the harry potter series and Twilight. Harry is an awesome story line. Theres just so much in it. So much story line JK Rowling has an amazing Imagination. I have know Idea how she came up with all the spell Idea character, strange names for everything. There is just so many small deatials in the Harry Potte Series. I guess thats why the Harry Potter series is so Believable. SO real. Is Becasue theres so many details it is really like a alternate reality or a real world that goes on behind our backs in real life.

Twilight is another series that is really realistic. And could almost seem real like harry potter. the hole story between Bella and Edward. All tho even tho I could almost believe that vampires are real thing. I find it hard to believe that Jacob would be able to change backand forth like the new comercials relay in the trailers for new moon. All tho I will admit the twilight series is just as good I love the story line that Twilight had and looking forward to see New moon. So I guess I really don't have any ideas on what series is better there both really good.

Killer-bunny
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-05-2009, 05:06 AM

no offence, but...twilight is definitely not the best vampire-theme book out there
i like vampire-related novels and anime, though

AliahSOHara
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-05-2009, 05:40 AM

Twilight irritated me when I realized that the two most interesting characters weren't even the main characters. Alice and Jasper were awesome and could have had a series written about them that would have been so much more interesting. Instead you have Edward who is ridiculously annoying with the self doubt and the woe is me crap. Then you have Bella who is supposedly a clumsy character only trips like 6 times throughout the series and immediately become obsessed over a guy she doesn't really know. And her name is even ridiculous, Bella Swan. Beautiful Swan. Too cliché for my taste. Need I go on?

Harry Potter is not perfect at all but it is much better. At least HP can help extend ones knowledge and ability to understand proper English and Grammar, I felt that reading Twilight made me dumber by the end, because of the horrible structure. You want a good vampire series (at least as far as I've read which is only to book 5 I think?) is the Anita Blake Series.

At least her Edward doesn't freaking sparkle.

Elleyena Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-05-2009, 01:40 PM

I read Twilight first, and it will always hold a soft spot in my heart, no matter what people may say about the series. However I fell in love with the Harry Potter novels once I read them. The plot kept me wanting more and more. I'm really sad that I missed the craze as I was growing up. But I'm now finished reading the series and eagerly awaiting the final movie (or movies as the case may be).