dark-kingh-draven

Old 11-05-2009, 07:01 PM

neither Inheritance like eragon eldest brisgr

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 11-06-2009, 02:12 PM

Why does it matter which is better?
If you like Harry Potter, read Harry Potter.
If you like Twilight, read Twilight.
I personally love both for different reasons, but I'll never say one is 'better' than another - for any book actually - because it's all down to opinion.

Clarisant
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to Clarisant

Old 11-06-2009, 05:15 PM

Harry Potter hands down. JK Rowling is an excellent writer, very creative.

Don't get me wrong, I read the Twilight series. It was good, but nothing compared to Harry Potter. The Harry Potter movies are even better. They stand no comparison.

Aggy the Awesome
Poo-tang-a-dang

Old 11-06-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring`Tyme Fresh View Post
Why does it matter which is better?
If you like Harry Potter, read Harry Potter.
If you like Twilight, read Twilight.
I personally love both for different reasons, but I'll never say one is 'better' than another - for any book actually - because it's all down to opinion.
That's the point of this thread - to express your opinion on which one you think is better. It's not saying you can't like both.

Janviarius
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2009, 03:57 AM

There's no contest to who wins, which is Harry Potter. The characters are very relatable, the story line is amazing and I pretty much grew up with it.

As for Twilight, everything was predictable. I found only the first two books well done but from that point everything just fell. The last book was horrendous.

ronneh
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-09-2009, 01:50 AM

stephanie meyer is a crock.
and needs a better freaking editor. and skills plz.

harry potter is amazing. end of story, haha.

Zero_Hawkins_Yuy
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-09-2009, 05:30 AM

I am surprised to say this, but I would go for Twilight more. I believe the only reason why I would say this is because the author breaks the traditional role of a Vampire, I know other authors have done this before, but her story felt new and refreshing to me. I like both, but I think Twilight wins for me. I do think the writer for Harry Potter was better, but I just like the new and refreshing plot from Twilight, I don't know Twilight felt refreshing to me, but it just does for some reason. I hope no one will kill me now for saying that, but I also hope someone also understands what I am saying. (the movies were bad for both of them though, I think)

Tigermirage
*^_^*

Old 11-09-2009, 07:05 PM

I like Harry Potter the best but twilight is awesome too.

Lexta
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Lexta

Old 11-09-2009, 07:20 PM

I a huge Harry Potter fan. Like, I've read all the books about 20 times.
Well, the last one more like 5, but still.
I've only read the Twilight books once, but have plans to reread them.

Still, Harry Potter has to win, hands down. I'm just too much of a Harry Potter nut not to love them more then about anything else. In fact, they'd be up in my top 3 favorite book series.

But I think a lot of why I don't like Twilight as much is because it just wasn't as original as Harry Potter, to me. Since I'm such a big vampire fan. Every time I read another vampire book, they all get a little less original. >.<

cherrygirl223
the mentally challanged blonde

Old 11-11-2009, 03:27 PM

I <3 Harry Potter. end of story.
xD
my friends know not to get me started on Harry Potter because i will go on and on about how Rowling should have made another book, how much i love Harry Potter, ect.
oh! btw, i hear that they are making a Harry Potter amusement park in Florida.
in all places why Florida? oh well...
But i would like Twilight if so many people werent obsessing over it. to obsess over harry potter is one thing because they are such gret books, but to obsess over Twilight because of one or two characters is complety another thing.
vampires cant do magic!

Kirari
Meow~

Old 11-11-2009, 09:55 PM

I like both Harry Potter and Twilight.
But when it comes down to choosing which one is better, Harry Potter wins by a long shot.
I like the characters in Harry Potter more than the characters in Twilight, and I find them a lot more fun to read about.
The storyline in Harry Potter is nicely done, but the story of Twilight, although it is very interesting, got to be a bit too much after a while.
I can read the Harry Potter books over and over again, and each time I get something new out of them. However, I didn't really want to re-read the Twilight Saga books. Well, except Breaking Dawn, but that's because I own it. :P

LaSandra
Send a message via AIM to LaSandra Send a message via Yahoo to LaSandra

Old 11-12-2009, 01:42 AM

AH!! Harry Potter is the best because the the story in the book stays with the movie line. Twilight..the directer they make new things THATS NOT IN THE BOOK. I mean, come on. I have read books with very good movies. Like Nora Roberts(lifetime is good lol)

but Harry Potter beats Twilight by a mill

Rianna Burrfoot
Rianna Burrfoot

Old 11-12-2009, 05:02 AM

For me definitely Twilight because I'm a sucker for a good mooshy romance! Also, when I read the books I'm constantly reminded of me and my bf minus the fact that Nik is not a vampire, hence no superhuman strenght (he already wins enough as it is when we wrestle), he doesn't sparkle (it would probably drive me crazy) and he's wonderfully warm (especially during the winter when my hands are icicles :D )

Rin Yokoshima
小さい小...

Old 11-12-2009, 06:05 AM

Personally, I prefer Harry Potter. Twilight's nice and all, and I'm not going to diss it...but I like magic just a bit more than supernatural...plus, I'm head-over-heels for the Weasley twins lol...Besides that, both books are good in their own ways, but I find the storyline of Harry Potter more interesting. Then again, it's hard to compare the two since Harry Potter is more SciFi-Adventure--y and Twilight is in it's most basic sense a Romance. So...I depends on what you're looking for...

Arryl
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-12-2009, 06:30 AM

I have to go with Harry Potter hands down, and I have read both of them. It's not perfect by any means, but it is written better than Twilight. And it has a plot. Edward actually really creeps me out (I mean, he watches her while she sleeps? o_O And I have other reasons, for thinking so). No offense, to any Twilight fans, but it is not my cup of tea (and I love tea).

kayetehpirate

Old 11-12-2009, 08:22 PM

Harry Potter, because its my fave book series of all time, but Twilight is second. I just can't resist me some Edward =3

TanaChan
Is a Happy Hooker! XD
Send a message via AIM to TanaChan Send a message via MSN to TanaChan Send a message via Yahoo to TanaChan

Old 11-12-2009, 09:06 PM

I love both, but as for twilight...I like the story line, not the "Vampires" or "werewolf's" that she made....she made shiny fairies with a blood fetish.
and shape shifters.....Period the end.

I love harry potter, I have all seven books and have seen all the movies that have come out so far XD

Vampyre_Oreo
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-13-2009, 01:29 AM

I really don't know what to chose seeing how it's kinda hard to pick one since they are two different kinds of movies /books.My wife says Twilight is better, Ive only read the Harry Potter books and only seen the movie Twilight so I don't know.

robinhoodfan13
Robinhoodfan13

Old 11-13-2009, 01:45 AM

Twilight was okay Meyers had some great characters she could have made into sooo much more ( volturi, Denali Coven, even the werewolf pack...) that and i absolutely hate Bella, she's the one of the weakest girls i've ever seen! ugh just no!

Harry potter was good the first like oh 5 books then Rowling killed Sirius and Dumbledore ( who i don't like) and it kinda messed up the series a bit, i also don't like Harry with Ginny, cause i just don't like Ginny i just have a thing with not liking the girls in these series don't i aw well.... Rowlings also left quite a bit out but by then she had such a wonderful and succesful series that i like it somewhat better than twilight

overall it's how they wrote it that i both dislike and like in both series so much more could have been expanded upon. Though how we can compare them is also hard for me to see yet i just did it they are completely different sure they both have werewolves and vampires but in one they are the main creatures and in another it's wizards.... the only thing i can see comparable about them is their both really popular.... i'm going to stop now before i go off into more of a rant....

Raeillieagh
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-13-2009, 05:22 PM

I would have to say, out of those two, that I like the Harry Potter series better. I do not like the Twilight series because they seem too much like a bad relationship that no girl should have. Like how Edward likes to watch her sleep screams stalker... =\ I don't know. I just think that it's a stupid series all in all, and I don't really see the big deal about it.

TheYaoiButterfly
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to TheYaoiButterfly Send a message via Yahoo to TheYaoiButterfly

Old 11-13-2009, 09:42 PM

No questions about it for me. The Harry Potter series is better. The Twilight series absolutely SUCKS. My first complaint about the series is something about the first book. The vampire who starts stalking Bella after he saw her when he and his two cronies ran into the Cullens while they were playing baseball...I may not be a vampire expert. But I doubt any vampire gets THAT OCD about getting one person's blood. If she got away, he could easily find another person he could feed on instead with ease. Maybe he might give a little bit of a chase at first, but if the Cullens were that insistant on protecting her, after a while the guy would move on. It's not realistic at all. I liked New Moon a little bit better than Twilight because a big chunk of it revolves around the werewolf pack, who are mainly the only characters I like at all (Jacob especially). Jacob is one of the only dynamic characters in that whole series. Edward and Bella are totally static characters. They never change at all, they never grow. If Bella had been a more dynamic character, I would have liked her to be with Jacob...in many ways I thought he was much better for her than Edward. One other complaint I have about the series is that Meyers doesn't seem to get the concept that a relationship is about COMMUNICATION. I know for a fact that Edward couldn't really communicate with Bella at all...and I hated that about him. An example of this is when he leaves, and doesn't tell her the truth as to why. He made her think he wasn't in love with her and threw her into a depression for months. I think Bella's father had every right to be angry with Edward for what he did. >_<

And there's one thing I wish that Meyers would have expounded on more. I know that in a rough draft she did of Twilight from Edwards perspective she made this poing that Bella's father was a lot more complicated than he looks. Edward had always thought he wasn't all that smart, but he realized that he'd only been seeing the top layer. I would have liked there to be more development of that in the series...I would have liked to see Bella's father's character to be fleshed out a bit more...I think he could have been an interesting character if Meyers had done that.

guibin
In this world physically but not...

Old 11-14-2009, 12:01 AM

I read Twilight, didn't really like it. As I read it, it felt like some generic romance novel....except with vampires.
I love Harry Potter though, I don't exactly remember how I got into the series but I did.

Demoncat
Unknown species
Send a message via MSN to Demoncat

Old 11-14-2009, 08:11 PM

Never read Harry Potter, I might one day, but I dunno. As for Twilight, i'm sorry I just can't stand it, after reading like one chapter I gave up on it, the main character was really annoying me.

crushedandmelted
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-15-2009, 11:14 PM

Harry Potter hands down...there's nothing to compare really except whether people like one or the other. First off, the two are really nothing alike. Second off, if you try to do a technical comparison of the two, whose techniques are better, characters more realistic, etc. Meyers falls below the bar while Rowling is above (no offense but it's true. Harry Potter has become a standard for Young Adult genre novelists to live up to and is likely to be on the classics shelf in 100 years. The same cannot be said of Twilight.)

ii_lovebug
(◎_◎;)

Old 11-16-2009, 08:30 PM

Twilight.