View Poll Results: what do you like most...?
The Film 3 8.11%
The Book 34 91.89%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Arekya
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Arekya Send a message via Yahoo to Arekya

Old 03-21-2007, 04:23 PM

Ok, I read parts of an interview she had, she used to have the final chapter of the last book doen before all the other books pretty much, 2 characters who're at least somewhat continuous die who she didn't plan on killign and somebody she hadb een planning on killing was let to live (maybe harry?? XP) I dunno... just what I remember
Even if it's egttign darker, and less "there" I still love the series, I myself am hoping.....
Well.. maybe she'll bring back Sirius.. maybe it was a "temporary" death.. and he can get back from the other side of the veil...
I was probably 7-9 (whenevr the first book came out) and my mom bought it, and I hated it, it wasn't anime, or pokemon, and I didn't want it
Weeeeell... she started to read it to me (she came to an agreement first sentence or paragraph) and wqhen she got to the end I begged her to read mroe till her throat was sore...
That continued on till the end of the book.. and eventually I started reading them on my own (I read the 6th within a 3 day time)
I don't know why, I've always, ALWAYS liked Draco, even since before he became the "fan girl love" hting.. I guess even when I was little I liked the cool abd boys 8) I think the little kid me wanted them to be come friends.. or. .a yaoi ocuple (liked em even back then :lol: I'm so bad) buut...
Sirius, I liked him, nto sexily though, I thought how he would always try and help Hary ,and was so protective was adorable.
When I was 13 or so, maybe yougner, me and my friend Heather made up our own characters, mine was a half werewolf daughter of Lupin, raised by muggles, and then shipped off to hogwarts when it manifested.. and hers was a bold gryffindor ,and mien was a weak bodied slytherin, and.. yah... a kidn SLytherin thiough.. and I think either Ron ro Hary and her got together, and Draco went all lovery protecting of me (sorta like how SIrius was all protective of harry.. but with a lvoe interest to XP)
It was fufn.. heh.. we even had our own cloaks, and wands fro ma bunch of costuems she had...

Victor Von Doom
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-22-2007, 03:37 AM

Uh, am I the only one who saw that Scholastic posted the official page count for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows? 784 pages (U.S edition). Order of the Phoenix was 870 pages, so just a touch longer, but if you ignore all of emo-Harry's screaming it comes out about even. So, now we have the covers to wait for, and then just July 21st. Woo!

Simplixity
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-24-2007, 09:44 PM

It is currently my quest to re-read all the harry potter books. I read books
1-4 in 6th grade for the first time within the same week so I missed out on some details. I know that many people say that the movie missed out on a lot of things, and I used to think so as well, but now I see things in a new light. After re-reading the 1st book, I realize that J.K. Rowling barely put any details in the book -- she improved on that in the later books -- so it was really up to the producers to use their imagination to create the cool "magic" scenes that we love so much about the movie.

For example, during the part of the 1st movie, when the chess pieces were enchanted to move freely, the book had like 2 pages on it, but in the movie it was amazing with the special affects and everyting.

Also, about the 7th book, people think that both Harry and Voldmort will die only because they suspect that Voldy hid the last horocrux (sp?) in Harry -- accidently that is -- because then he wouldn't try to kill Harry all the time.

Otohime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-24-2007, 09:53 PM

Simplixity, I'm reading them again as well. XD I just started the second book. :3

fawN
*^_^*

Old 03-25-2007, 11:36 PM

I'm a little sad that I didn't get into the Harry Potter books until after I saw the first movie, and THAT piqued my interest! I'd heard my sister highly recommend them (but she highly recommends a lot of things!) and for some reason, the artwork on the cover turned me off.

I then borrowed the first 3 books from her, and bought the next ones for myself as they came out. I've re-read the ones I have, save for The Half-Blood Prince, which I will read when I'm done with a few others I'm currently working on. I can't wait for the final book, or the OotP movie.

I truly think the Harry Potter books are the most page-turning, can't-set-em-down books I've ever experienced, and the most worth reading if you're ever gonna read a book. :D

Arekya
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-26-2007, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawN
I'm a little sad that I didn't get into the Harry Potter books until after I saw the first movie, and THAT piqued my interest! I'd heard my sister highly recommend them (but she highly recommends a lot of things!) and for some reason, the artwork on the cover turned me off.

I then borrowed the first 3 books from her, and bought the next ones for myself as they came out. I've re-read the ones I have, save for The Half-Blood Prince, which I will read when I'm done with a few others I'm currently working on. I can't wait for the final book, or the OotP movie.

I truly think the Harry Potter books are the most page-turning, can't-set-em-down books I've ever experienced, and the most worth reading if you're ever gonna read a book. :D
<A< I hated it for some of the artwork, too.. I was like "noo it's ugly it's not liek pokemon it's so stuupid" until my mom started reading it XD

ambrose
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to ambrose

Old 03-28-2007, 12:01 AM

Yessss, I'm so happy. :] !
I'm seeing the 5th movie on my birthday [july 16th]
and it comes out the 13th, so it won't be WOAHSUPABUSY like it would the night of.

And I'm going to beg my mom to preorder the book.

Arekya
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-28-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambrose
and it comes out the 13th, so it won't be WOAHSUPABUSY like it would the night of.

I've been tryign to do that for a while now.. <<; beg her for it, that is.. ~<3 I rememebr my last pre order was arivign later than everybody else's I was all >< aarg!! at it

Lyra Coulter
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Lyra Coulter Send a message via MSN to Lyra Coulter Send a message via Yahoo to Lyra Coulter

Old 03-28-2007, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambrose

Haha! My birthday is the 12 so I am seeing it on midnight! I'm gonna have a Harry Potter themed birthday party, then go see it! I am so excited!!!

Yumi Mei Flower
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to Yumi Mei Flower

Old 03-29-2007, 05:51 PM

Ever notice the source of remus Lupin's name? I was thinking about it recently but the establishment of rome has a mythology that twin brothers. Romulus and Remus were abandoned by a river and raised by wolves.... Lup, I believe, is a latin root for Wolf... raised by wolves becomes werewolf, and Remus becomes Remus Lupin

Simplixity
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-29-2007, 07:29 PM

^ That's highly possible. I mean so many words are devivred from Latin that it not surprising when you find a few in books. J.K. Rowling used them before in spells and whatnot, so maybe it was her intention in the first place.

SirBunny
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-29-2007, 08:24 PM

I feel bad about the series ending =(( Although I'm very curious about the book coming out.

Penelopo
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-29-2007, 11:27 PM

I disagree they got sooo much better! I'm wearing a Gryffindor robe to the midnight party!

I'm like the BIGGEST FAN! I get my hair in curls and not meaning to honk my own horn but I look like hermione :whee: I act lke her too xD

Folken
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-30-2007, 12:03 AM

My copy of the book is on reserve. 8)

ambrose
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-31-2007, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folken
My copy of the book is on reserve. 8)
ooohh, you're lucky. ;p

everyone in my 1st period knows how much I love HP
so they walk up to me and they're all HARRY IS GOING TO DIIIIEEE
I'm like psh, no he ain't.
if he does I'ma be pisssedd.

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 03-31-2007, 05:12 PM

Just to throw out my own question: Snape, good or bad?
Personally, although Snape isn't my favorite character in the least, I have a feeling that he isn't as bad as he likes to appear.

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 03-31-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumi Mei Flower
Ever notice the source of remus Lupin's name? I was thinking about it recently but the establishment of rome has a mythology that twin brothers. Romulus and Remus were abandoned by a river and raised by wolves.... Lup, I believe, is a latin root for Wolf... raised by wolves becomes werewolf, and Remus becomes Remus Lupin
And Sirius is the Dog Star. A lot of the names in the book tie back to the characters personality. Just look at the book lists (for the characters to get their supplies) and the name of the books and the authors. Hilarious.

@Secretdae: I love the Snape character, but then again I love Alan Rickman and I started watching the movies before reading the books. ^^; That voice... :Q I agree. I think Snape will turn out to be good.

*bouncebouncebounce*

I also have my book on reserve. ^^

Ama
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-31-2007, 11:48 PM

Well, I resisted Harry Potter at first. I saw the first movie, because my mother was paying and it was better than staying at home. I didn't care for it very much at all. I thought Quidditch was stupid, but I don't think I totally understood the rules. The second movie came and went, and I didn't pay it much attention, but then came the rumours that Ewan McGregor would be playing Professor Lupin. Of course most of you know he didn't, but it was enough for me to read the books to get into the series. I was surprised by how much I liked J.K. Rowling's voice in her writing. At that time, up to the fourth book was out and I read all four in about a week and was hooked.

The fourth book is by far my favourite. I'm such a Krum fangirl. I think he was very misrepresented in the film, but I still enjoyed it. The 5th is my least favourite. I just can't stand whiney teenagers and that's all Harry was for the first half. It redeemed itself well though.

I personally can't wait for the 7th book. I'm kind of getting tired of being hooked by this series. I'm positive that it will turn out Snape killed Dumbledore under orders from Dumbledore himself, and not only that but he really really REALLY didn't want to.

I think, but I'm not sure that Snape was in love with Lily. I really hope that's the case. It would explain how he treats Harry.

I don't know if Harry will die. On the one hand, it's the only way Rowling can get free of the series for certain, but on the other, I think she loves Harry way too much to actually do it. I think she'll give us a happy ending, she's a positive person, and she likes her fans enough to give them that.

/rant off

Wow, apparently I had a lot to say on the subject.

Kongouseki
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-01-2007, 02:03 AM

i kinda like the forth book out of the series. i have the fifth and sixth book, i just havent read them yet. :D

omgwut
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-01-2007, 03:22 AM

I totally love Harry Potter books & movies. I find them totally mystical and magical. My favourite book would probably The Goblet of Fire, so many thing s happening on the dark side :3. And I can't wait for the new movie and book! They're supposed to be coming out on the same week, or at least close.

Also I heard rumors that J.K. Rowling wanted to kill off Harry. ): I hope this doesn't happen, the hero can't die D:

bana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-01-2007, 05:51 AM

Heroes can die :o
It'd be interesting if Rowling killed off Harry, but I don't think she will, just because I'm pretty sure the reaction to that would be pretty negative.
I've been reading Harry Potter since the 4th grade so I can't wait to see what Rowling's got in store for us this time, I'm sure it'll be great as always :>

Cindy bear
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 04-01-2007, 06:57 AM

She said Harry Potter will die because she wants to end the series for good. I guess she got tired of writing :?

Victor Von Doom
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-01-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy bear
She said Harry Potter will die because she wants to end the series for good. I guess she got tired of writing :?
She never said that. She's said many cryptic things about Harry's future, but mostly the comments are about HER, not the plot. As is, she understands WHY someone would kill off the main character because they don't want others to be able to write sequels down the line (like Sherlock Holmes). She's also said that she has "no plans" to write any more Potter books, but that she's not saying never (because whenever she says "never", she ends up doing it anyhow). So it's still up in the air.

Arekya
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2007, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilettolover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumi Mei Flower
And Sirius is the Dog Star. A lot of the names in the book tie back to the characters personality. Just look at the book lists (for the characters to get their supplies) and the name of the books and the authors. Hilarious.

@Secretdae: I love the Snape character, but then again I love Alan Rickman and I started watching the movies before reading the books. ^^; That voice... :Q I agree. I think Snape will turn out to be good.

*bouncebouncebounce*

I also have my book on reserve. ^^
Cool about book reserve.. C: and.. Lupin comes from Lupus a wolves genetic term.. or whatever you wanan call it.. it.. is well.. it's Canis Lupus <_<;; soo.... and stuff like that.,.. .. C: yah, I suck at a ltota stuff

ambrose
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-02-2007, 11:55 AM

The last chapter in the book is all the remaining characters lives and what they do and stuff, so there's no need to continue it.

I think Snape is good.
He had to do what he did because of the vow thing.
But I do really hate him.