Old 03-11-2007, 07:26 PM

Lemony Snicket
Dr. Seuss

My taste in books is quite juvenile :(

Deniece
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to Deniece

Old 03-11-2007, 07:49 PM

My favorite authors are Laurell K. Hamilton, Terri Blackstock, Karen Kingsbury, Dee Henderson, and V.C Andrews. I've been reading alot of fiction thrillers lately and occasionally I still pick up some of the older R.L. Stine Fear Street books I read when I was a teenager and a set of books called 'The Vampire Diaries' by L.J. Smith.

chibimama
De-activated

Old 03-11-2007, 08:13 PM

Meg Cabot is genius <3 She really does know how to relate to teenage girls. I also enjoy Joan Aiken, but she's only written a couple of books, so I doubt anyone knows her P:

Aurilia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-11-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki_No_Miko
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipyun
My favorite author is Neil Gaiman :'D I love his book Stardust.
I'm reading a book by Anne Rice right now and I agree, her descriptions are awesome! x]
I know...If you ever read the Tale of the Body Theif by Anne Rice...her descriptions in that are..amusing
That one made me laugh...out loud, and a lot!
The parts where he re-discovers his human bodily functions... XD

` Toxic Whispers
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-11-2007, 10:53 PM

• My favorite author is Meg Cabot.
    Her books are awesome and they're funny.
    J.K. Rowling is cool. 8D She should write other series besides Harry Potter.

Arriana
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-12-2007, 04:48 AM

John Steinbeck is my fav author evar.
<3333333333

KingBitterness
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-16-2007, 06:10 PM

Cormier is my favorite author, no question.

Enniel
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-17-2007, 05:19 PM

anne rice.

Drache-Lehre
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Drache-Lehre Send a message via MSN to Drache-Lehre Send a message via Yahoo to Drache-Lehre

Old 03-17-2007, 08:56 PM

Ohhh I have two. I'd have to go with Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman who've written a few marvelous books along the series of DragonLance novels. I have quite a few added to my collection and I'd suggest them to anyone who is up to a wonderful fantasy adventure.

Wood Sorrel
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 03-18-2007, 01:13 AM

• I don't have a favorite author, I'll just read any book that looks interesting. :mrgreen:

Drache-Lehre
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Drache-Lehre Send a message via MSN to Drache-Lehre Send a message via Yahoo to Drache-Lehre

Old 03-18-2007, 01:21 AM

Ah but how does it have to look interesting to you? By the cover image or the background mini description? XP

mesic
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to mesic

Old 03-18-2007, 04:38 PM

My favourite writer is, of course, my beloved, Morgan Sobel!
Uh... I show a bit of an obvious bias, though...

At a casual glance to my bookshelf, I can pick out Clive Barker, Gregory Maguire, Max Brooks, Tamora Pierce, Anne McCaffrey...
I also read a bit of sci-fi, and I MUST include William Kotzwinkle (I have my own Doctor Rat), Issac Asimov, Robert Heinlein, Kurt Vonnegut, and OF COURSE! The esteemed Philip K. Dick, my favourite LSD-tripping writer.

Also, since he calls himself an author, Mr. Edward Gorey. :3
... but if I can include Edward Gorey, I also want to include Frank Miller!

J.K. Rowling and Stephen King are my secret dirty pleasures... I finally got the last book in the Dark Tower series, and I'm savoring it, bit by delicious bit.

This one might be a stretch, but has anyone heard of L.J. Smith?
Someone told me she had died... I actually wailed in sadness.
She was a wildly popular YA writer... its depressing to think that her last book was scheduled to come out nearly a decade ago. :(
I still love reading her existing books, though.

This looks like a long list, but I just can't emphasize how voraciously I read. I have three books I'm re-reading right now, Stephen King's "The Dark Tower", Kurt Vonnegut's "Cat's Cradle" and Anne McCaffrey's "Dragonflight". Widely varied tastes, no? x3

KingBitterness
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-18-2007, 05:09 PM

Cormier.

xD && like 5y9257 manga-ka.

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 03-18-2007, 11:00 PM

Hm. Right now it's a debate between George R.R. Martin and Vladmir Nabokov. Both are excellent writers, though its impossible to choose a favorite because their styles are so different, as is the subject matter with which they use. So I guess I'll have to go with those two.

Zander
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Zander Send a message via MSN to Zander

Old 03-18-2007, 11:31 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Darren Shan.

Now, I'm not much of a reader so it kinda takes a lot for me to actually have the motivation to read- and Darren Shan really makes me want to read.

I think its that he has a style that just.. grabs my attention...

Oh man I wanna read some good Darren Shan right now XD

momus
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via Yahoo to momus

Old 03-18-2007, 11:41 PM

Nathaniel Hawthorne. I love him to pieces. I'm doing an essay on The Birthmark in my English class right now, actually. ^.^

ProdigyBombay
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-19-2007, 07:22 AM

XD Genre of Choice is definitely Fantasy/sci fi...

laurell k hamilton <--- love her anita blake and merry gentry series. She's such a talented writer, and her books are consecutively on the New York Times Best Sellers list

Orson Scott Card <---Love his ender series and Ender's shadow series...its what got me interested in Political science, haha....

David Eddings <--- Sooooo imaginative...Love the characters he comes up with

Dave Duncan <---- His great game series and swords series ...can you say whoa??

Other good writers: Andre Norton, mercedes lackey, anne mccaffrey, Garth Nix

Aurilia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-26-2007, 11:23 PM

Reading through this thread after days of (involuntary) absence makes me want to run to the local library...There's so many other authors I'd love to give a try...

fawN
*^_^*

Old 03-27-2007, 02:48 PM

I remember really liking Lois Duncan as a teenager, but I haven't sought out her books in a while! She's from my region and sets a lot of her books here, and she often writes about people with psychic abilities, and has one non-fiction book about her own psychic experiences. Books I remember the titles of are The Third Eye and Gallows Hill I think.

Airuin
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-27-2007, 06:12 PM

Favorite authors: HG Wells, Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, Phillip Dick, and tons of others through the years.

Tatiana Celeste
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-27-2007, 07:46 PM

Neal Stephenson! I read his book The Diamond Age when I was in high school and it has remained one of my favorites for years. I also love this Baroque Cycle trilogy, its just absolutly amazing.

I'm also a Neil Gaiman fan,
I love Mercedes Lackey, Timothy Zahn, Orson Scott Card, Douglas Adams

My list could go on for a while

Yumi Mei Flower
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to Yumi Mei Flower

Old 03-27-2007, 09:42 PM

Kurt Vonnegut

Wisty
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Wisty

Old 03-30-2007, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumi Mei Flower
Kurt Vonnegut
We're reading Slaughterhouse Five in my English class. :) It's confusing the majority of us when we try to figure out his thematic purpose. XDD I think I get it though.

Robert Cormier --ahaha a lot of his books are disturbing D: but he's a good writer. The first book I read of his was "Tender" and it depressed me but he is a good writer so I read more of his stuff---
David Almond --pretty writing, "out of this world" completely unrealistic mystical happenings, whee---
Donna Jo Napoli --she does fairytale renditions, with twists. She's really good, I reccomend "Breath' :o --
Paul Fleischman --"Whirligig" <3 realism/naturalism? fun and short and nice--

Im sure there's more but I tend to go by book rather than author anyway.

kafine
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-30-2007, 10:06 AM

Terry Pratchett :)

Rei
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-30-2007, 02:18 PM

I really like David Eddings books. ^__^