Criminal Kiss
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Criminal Kiss

Old 03-30-2007, 05:17 PM

Probably Judy Blume, Eileen Goudge, J.K. Rowling, STEPHEN KING. <3 Lurve for Stephen King.

fishnet
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-30-2007, 08:15 PM

Neil Gaiman, Neil Gaiman! The man is a genius. Terry Prachett is also high up there on the list of Awesome, as are Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters.

Virginia Woolf, although I'm not much a fan of feminist novels, is terribly good. I adore her stuff.

Edith Wharton is also excellent, and J.M. Barrie can't go on forgotten.

Mnyonywaji
*^_^*

Old 03-31-2007, 10:20 AM

Neil Gailman was recently in my city, signing his newest book ^^

My favourite authors are Philip K. Dick, a s-f writer, Agatha Christie - I think everybody loves sometimes to read about murders! ^^

fishnet
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-31-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnyonywaji
Neil Gailman was recently in my city, signing his newest book ^^
:shock: That's so awesome! I wish he'd come here for a book signing. Perhaps we're just too far away. ^^;;

Kongouseki
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-01-2007, 01:34 AM

Anne Rice-what's there to say? 8)
Tamara Pierce-her Quartets are easy reads, but i like them
Tanya Huff-i've only read The Quartered Sea. it was good.

Cindy bear
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 04-01-2007, 06:56 AM

I like Sarah Dessen's books. The ones I like the most from all her books are Someone like you and This Lullaby. It is nice to read about something that relates a lot to real life stuff ^^

Sojuku_Yume
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Sojuku_Yume Send a message via MSN to Sojuku_Yume

Old 04-02-2007, 05:46 PM

Stephanie Meyer, Robin McKinley, Diana Wynne Jones, Francesca Lia Block, Edgar Allen Poe, Tanith Lee, Tamora Pierce... Holly Black, Herbie Brennan, and oh-so-many more that I can't remember. I read MANY books, and in a wide variety of genre's...

The Mouse
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-21-2007, 05:50 PM

My love (and my money, lol) goes to:

Dave Duncan - his A Handful of Men series sucked me in and Tales of the King's Blades sealed the door behind me

Mercedes Lackey - really loved her Bards and The Black Swan (the story of Swan Lake told from Odile's POV, really excellent read)

Marion Zimmer Bradley - whom I keep coming back to (first Darkover, then Black Trillium, then Priestess of Avalon... the list goes for miles!)

David Eddings - ♥♥♥. That is all.

Hideyuki Kikuchi - whose Vampire Hunter D novels need to be translated ASAP!!

Anne McCaffery - Dragonriders of Pern = luff

J. K. Rowling - DUH!! ;-D

Arina Tanemura - I know she's a manga artist, but she's also an excellent storyteller; my favorite of hers is Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne

Chiho Saito - same as Arina, except Chiho did Revolutionary Girl Utena and The World Exists For Me

Liam Hearn - his Tales of the Otori are incredible

Robin McKinley - whose books will always be a joy and an inspiration

Lawrence Yep - who writes simply all-around excellent stuff. He's got something for everybody, this man does.

And, of course, there are more. But these are a pretty good representation of what's on my bookshelf. And I'm always looking for new favorites, which is one of the reasons I come to threads like these. ^_^

pc_chip
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 04-21-2007, 06:22 PM

Favorite authors? But there are so many! Here's a few:

Neil Gaiman- the man is a genius, that's all there is too it

Orson Scott Card- I love the questions posed by his novels, especially the Ender series.

JK Rowling- Not gonna lie, I love the Harry Potter series. Who wouldn't love a book that gave them Loony Loopy Lupin

Kaye Gibbons- "my writing is powered by Diet Coke. Cold, and in a can." who wouldn't love an author who would say this in an interview?

S.E. Hinton- just a childhood favorite, can't get over the fact that she was only 16 when she wrote the Outsiders.

Barb and JC Hendee- I love the Nobel Dead series

Jane Austen- Her writing so accuratly reflected the lives of women of the time, in a way that no other author had dared to do. Even the Bronte sisters, talented as they were, put the common elements of adventure into their writing. Austen managed to make daily life entertaining.

Yeah, those are probably the highest on my list.

Tamerthanthou
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Tamerthanthou

Old 04-22-2007, 12:54 AM

I have six who I really can't place in any order.

The first is Sherwood Smith, for her Crown Duel, [/u]Inda[/u], and 'Beauty'. And her upcoming Senrid and The Fox because I know they'll be great, especially the latter since it's the continuation to Inda.

There are three classic author's on my list: Jane Austen I love for Pride and Prejudice, Baroness Orczy for The Scarlet Pimpernel, and Alexandre Dumas for The Counte of Monte Cristo and The Three Musketeers.

Then there's Jo Beverley for her 'Rogues' series and Malloren series. And finally, Lauren Willig for her Spies series.

sukishine
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to sukishine Send a message via MSN to sukishine

Old 04-22-2007, 01:03 AM

J.R.R. Tolkien
Alexandre Dumas
Jane Austen

Mary
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-22-2007, 02:12 AM

Douglas Adams and Isaac Asimov.
I love science fiction~

GodModule
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to GodModule

Old 04-22-2007, 11:19 AM

Since i have a job i can finally afford books and i must say so far of the books ive bought i love Anne Rice and Garth Nix, im working on expanding my small book collection xP But Anne Rice is so far the best.

zeroSenshi12
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-22-2007, 07:33 PM

Most if not all are sci-fi/fantasy writers. What can I say? I need an escape from the real world. Why read about it? XP (I do like genres other than fantasy, but these are my favorite)

In no particular order:
Jacqueline Carey (Her Kushiel's Legacy series is especially good!)
Robert Jordan (Though I wish he'd finish his Wheel of Time series)
Terry Goodkind (Another long, long series...)
Garth Nix (Sabriel. Yes.)
Juliet Marillier (all of her work is great! I love her style.)
Orson Scott Card (Enchantment and his Ender series are my favorites.)
Mercedes Lackey (Mostly Joust and the following novels and The Black Swan I'm not too hot on her Valdemar series)

Ezmyrelda

Old 04-23-2007, 10:52 AM

Robert Heinlien and Orson Scott Card are a couple of my favorite authors.

Tianfu
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-23-2007, 10:47 PM

At the moment, P.G. Wodehouse is my favorite, particularly his Jeeves books. They're all so darn funny, and really a light read, that I just sort of inhale them. Hugh Laurie is also a great comedic writer and I'm avidly looking forward to his next book, coming out in a few months.

My favorite childhood writer is JRR Tolkien. Although, I really couldn't get into the Silmarillian or the Histories, since I really prefer reading about hobbits to reading about men and elves. The Tom Bombadil stories were a lot of fun, though.

Robin McKinley is also good for quite a few entertaining novels. I mostly like her Robin Hood and fairy tale retellings.

boredomkills
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 04-24-2007, 02:32 AM

Neil Gaiman, because he seems to be able to write anything under the sun and write it well. Terry Pratchett, because he's a genius at satire (and just plain funny). Jane Austen, because I'm a sucker for romance. C.S. Lewis, because he's brilliant. And Charles Dickens, who I don't have much of a reason for other than that I loved Great Expectations, and I'm looking forward to reading more by him eventually.

GeminiKizzy
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-24-2007, 03:14 AM

My fav authors are Mercedes Lackey, David Eddings, Terry Goodkind, and Piers Anthony. There may be others that I had a brain fart about...fighting a migraine right now.

I have favorite classic books such as Jane Eyre, too.

Kattheif
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-27-2007, 05:00 PM

Stephen King
Jean M. Auel
Anne Rice

xX Nightmare Angel Xx
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to xX Nightmare Angel Xx

Old 06-29-2007, 09:32 AM

• Edgar Allen Poe's poems were absolutely amazing. I don't even like poems! But his were my exceptions xD. It shocked me. His short stories were pretty good too though <333. The Raven and Lenore were my two favorite poems =3

"A dirge for her, the doubly dead, in that she died so young."
    -- Lenore

They actually made a little cartoon series on Lenore. I think it was called Lenore: The Cute Little Dead Girl. She actually was pretty adorable >__<. It's on Youtube I believe, but I heard they also sell them on DVDs.

"Quoth the raven, 'Nevermore'."
    -- The Raven

I actually read that in my english class for a project and fell in love with it x). It took a while to decipher though >___<

End of that section! =3

Lemony Snicket's books were very original. I very much enjoyed the Series Of Unfortunate Events. I remember when I first got The Bad Beginninng. I was so in love with a book for the first time ^___^

The books seemed to get longer as the series progressed on but that was okay with me. I was mega depressed when it was finished though D': . I loved seeing how they changed from the beginning to the last book. Lemony Snicket has a writing style all his own ;3. Who else discourages people from reading his books?

The movie for books one through three in The Series Of Unfortunate Events was pretty good though. I enjoyed the books a lot more though =]

EbilKitty
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-01-2007, 02:39 PM

I have read and love everything by Dan Brown. His writing style is amazing, and I love how almost every chapter ends in a "cliffhanger" that keeps you wanting more and makes it almost impossible to put the book down. The fact that there's so much research and at least some truth to his novels makes it even more interesting for me. I'm really disappointed that his latest book has been pushed back (or is it cancelled altogether now?), I was really looking forward to that one.

morrissey
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via ICQ to morrissey Send a message via AIM to morrissey Send a message via MSN to morrissey Send a message via Yahoo to morrissey

Old 07-05-2007, 02:41 AM

William S. Burroughs
Milan Kundera
Franz Kafka
Uhhh.... that's all I can think of.

AndyKuzuki
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-06-2007, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Edgar Allen Poe's poems were absolutely amazing. I don't even like poems! But his were my exceptions xD. It shocked me. His short stories were pretty good too though <333. The Raven and Lenore were my two favorite poems =3
I don't like poems either, but I'll read those as soon as I can, since every short story by Poe that I've read has totally captivated me. Whenever I finish reading one of his stories, it leaves me an uneasy feeling, though it's not a bad thing xD

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-10-2007, 10:14 PM

Brian Jacques is my favourite childhood writter - his redwall books were my obsession for quite a number of years. I even went to a book signing by him, drew him a picture, and took a picture with him :D It was like a dream come true :D
Tamora Pierce - I think I've reread her books just about a billion times - I'm so glad she's still writing - I can't get enough of her stories - specifically her Tortall world. Her newest books about Beka Cooper - AMAZING :D I'm dying waiting for the second one to come out D:
J.R.R. Tolkien - Yes, I'm a tolkien fan and proud of it :D I read LOTR series in 7th grade - and i LOVED them - I obssessed for a long time too :D
Stephenie Meyers - My newest love -- Twilight is AMAZING :D I'm so glad she made it into a series - New Moon was just as good and I'm so excited for Eclipse's release in August :D
William Shakespeare - maybe some find it weird that I love his work - but...I LOVE his work :D Hamlet is my favourite of his :D
Herman Melville - simpley for the majesty that is Moby Dick - it is an amazing novel filled with symbolism and the words are only that a master of the english language could right

Liz
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Liz Send a message via Yahoo to Liz

Old 07-10-2007, 10:25 PM

My favorite author's are Rumiko Takahashi and Stephanie Sheh for now!!!