xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-11-2007, 10:17 PM

I'm a fan of anything vampire. I also love reading books about vampires.

So being this a forum about books I thought I'd try here.

I was wondering if anyone here had any recommendations for book with vampire characters. I'm currently reading books from Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles and I'm going to be looking into the book "Twilight" soon.

Any other books that anyone here would like to tell me about.

Give me the book title, author's name and a little description.

Thank you very much for your help. ^_^

Lachesia
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-11-2007, 11:28 PM

Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita series. Starts out like an alternative-world type of a mystery, then it sort of starts sounding like pr0n later in the series. <_< However, I really enjoy her writing style and her characterizations. Lots of interesting vamps.
Starts out with Guilty Pleasures - Laughing Corpse - Circus of the Damned - etc. I'd start chronologically.

Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's excellent if you're looking for a really well written historical book which also has to do with vampires. I adore her books, and I adore St. Germain. Can't remember titles at the moment.

Phareas
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 03-11-2007, 11:41 PM

I love Anne Rice books as well also
L.J Smith The Vampire Diaries
Laurell K Hamiliton
and the Last Vampire Series by Christopher Pike

Edit: Oops fogot descriptions
The Vampire Diaries is about two vampire brothers who fall in love with the same girl.
The Last Vampire Series is about a vampire called Alisa who is the last of her kind and some Scientists are after her.

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-11-2007, 11:49 PM

Lachesia - Thank you very much for the titles. Next time I'm near a bookstore I'll look for those titles. Can't wait to read them. :D & I really love historical books with vampires, anything vampire related I like. :D
& You don't have to remember titles, I can always search for them online. xD

Phareas - Thank you very much for the names and a description. I appreciate it so much. :D Both of them sound really good. I'll look for them. :)

Kongouseki
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-12-2007, 12:34 AM

meow. i'll need to check out those too. i've been looking for more vampire books besides Anne Rice. although, her books are love!

poptarts_n_pixistix
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2007, 12:39 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Club-Vampyre-L.../dp/1568655290

I've read this a couple times until my friend lost it on me -.-

very good book though, i'd recomend it in a heart beat ^^

Penelopo
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2007, 12:43 AM

Never read them!

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 03-12-2007, 12:54 AM

Twilight and New Moon by Stephenie Meyer.

Best vampire books EVER!~

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2007, 12:55 AM

Kongouseki - I'm glad this post will help other people who need a vampire fix. ;D & so true, Anne's books are love but sometimes we want something different. :)

poptarts_n_pixistix - First things first, love your username so much. 2 of my favorite food items. xD & I'll check that out, some people seem to have recommened that. Thank you.

Penelopo - oO; huh?

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2007, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova

Already on my list. XD Thank you very much for replying. :)

Deniece
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to Deniece

Old 03-12-2007, 12:56 AM

I agree, Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series.... They are really good.

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2007, 01:17 AM

Alrighty then. Lots of people have said Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series, so I believe that's going at the top of my to get list for books. :D

June Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2007, 01:21 AM

L.A. Banks Vampire Huntress Series... it's about this chick named Damali who's a rising singer by day, and the Neteru by night. I can't really go into more details but it's really intense. @.@

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2007, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulty Roses...
L.A. Banks Vampire Huntress Series... it's about this chick named Damali who's a rising singer by day, and the Neteru by night. I can't really go into more details but it's really intense. @.@
Sounds quite interesting, I'll have to check up on that one. Thank you very much for the help. :)

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 03-12-2007, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdark_secretsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova

Already on my list. XD Thank you very much for replying. :)
Haha ok.

I'd have posted others, but all of the ones I could think of had already been stated.

Aurilia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-12-2007, 02:14 AM

Anne Rice writes the best Vampire book series in my opinion.
I've read every single book in the Vampire Chronicles that has been released so far.

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2007, 03:37 AM

I'm quite a slow reader so I haven't read all the books in the Vampire Chronicles, though I will get through them all.. just don't know when. ^_^;

Currently I'm on "The Vampire Lestat."

Kongouseki
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-12-2007, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Kongouseki - I'm glad this post will help other people who need a vampire fix. ;D & so true, Anne's books are love but sometimes we want something different. :)

poptarts_n_pixistix - First things first, love your username so much. 2 of my favorite food items. xD & I'll check that out, some people seem to have recommened that. Thank you.

Penelopo - oO; huh?
yes, different is good at times.

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2007, 04:32 AM

Kongouseki - I think different is always good, mainly for books. I love different stories about vampires or including vampires. xD

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2007, 04:35 AM

I love Vampire Knight by Matsuri Hino which is a manga, but that's about it. Not really into vampires!!

Hasn't Anne Rice stopped her vampire series as well?

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2007, 04:42 AM

Lilithia - Vampire Knight is on my list of favorite mangas. xD Speaking of mangas, in Shojo Beat there was an exerpt from a new one called "Millennium Snow" it has a vampire character, so I'm looking forward to that too.

Yeah she did. But I can still get the other ones I haven't read, they aren't going to stop selling them. xD At least I hope not.

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2007, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Lilithia - Vampire Knight is on my list of favorite mangas. xD Speaking of mangas, in Shojo Beat there was an exerpt from a new one called "Millennium Snow" it has a vampire character, so I'm looking forward to that too.

Yeah she did. But I can still get the other ones I haven't read, they aren't going to stop selling them. xD At least I hope not.

Millennium Snow? Are they going to have tankobans for it? Since I don't like getting the magazine. I'd rather get the volumes!

XD I haven't read any of the series by Anne Rice. Is there a reason why she stopped it?

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2007, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilithia
Quote:

Millennium Snow? Are they going to have tankobans for it? Since I don't like getting the magazine. I'd rather get the volumes!

XD I haven't read any of the series by Anne Rice. Is there a reason why she stopped it?
Millennium Snow will be out on April 3rd. It's by the same person who writes Ouran Host Club, the name escapes me at the moment.

From what I read in the Anne Rice thread it's because religion. She has found God and doesn't want to write any more books about vampires, which makes me sad but whatever.

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2007, 04:47 AM

What's with finding god got to do with not writing about vampires. :| Strange.

I think it's Bisco Hatori who you were meaning. I am not a fan of Ouran because it's not really romantic, & more random. XD

I might like Milennium Snow though if it's more of a love story. XD

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2007, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilithia
What's with finding god got to do with not writing about vampires. :| Strange.

I think it's Bisco Hatori who you were meaning. I am not a fan of Ouran because it's not really romantic, & more random. XD

I might like Milennium Snow though if it's more of a love story. XD
I have no idea. But it doesn't matter to me that much as long as it doesn't mess with the books, since I still want to read them.

Yeah, that's her! I'm a fan of Ouran, totally random, that's why I love it.

In the exerpt it seemed like a love story. This girl is sick and has to be in the hospital when she sees this boy, the vampire, jump off a building. She runs outside and looks for him though finds out he's a vampire. But he doesn't like to drink blood. He ignores her though his companion, a bat, likes her. One day the girl gets really sick and she asks the vampire to change her so she'll live forever to see the snow.

Sorry that I didn't remember the names, I'm totally horrible with them.

Last edited by fiarra; 02-18-2009 at 02:14 AM..