June Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2007, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdark_secretsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilithia
What's with finding god got to do with not writing about vampires. :| Strange.

I think it's Bisco Hatori who you were meaning. I am not a fan of Ouran because it's not really romantic, & more random. XD

I might like Milennium Snow though if it's more of a love story. XD
I have no idea. But it doesn't matter to me that much as long as it doesn't mess with the books, since I still want to read them.

Yeah, that's her! I'm a fan of Ouran, totally random, that's why I love it.

In the exerpt it seemed like a love story. This girl is sick and has to be in the hospital when she sees this boy, the vampire, jump off a building. She runs outside and looks for him though finds out he's a vampire. But he doesn't like to drink blood. He ignores her though his companion, a bat, likes her. One day the girl gets really sick and she asks the vampire to change her so she'll live forever to see the snow.

Sorry that I didn't remember the names, I'm totally horrible with them.
I almost got left at the store reading that today. xD It's going to be good, I might have to start buying manga again.

Aurilia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-12-2007, 05:30 AM

Quote:
I'm quite a slow reader so I haven't read all the books in the Vampire Chronicles, though I will get through them all.. just don't know when. ^_^;

Currently I'm on "The Vampire Lestat."
That one's a bit dry...wait till you get to "The Tale of the Body Thief" - now that one's crazy amazing. ^^

Hazel Harwood
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Hazel Harwood

Old 03-12-2007, 01:20 PM

Sweetblood claimed that it was a vampire book, but really, it wasn't. I don't reccomend reading it. The author did not capture what it means to be a vampireand did not even have any characters that were vampires. And it definately did not have a good ending. It simpley ended, as if there were to e a sequal but there never was.

Kimi
Send a message via MSN to Kimi

Old 03-12-2007, 02:54 PM

There's always the Nightworld series, they also write about Werewolves and witches. Not as corny as it sounds, I promise. :P

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2007, 05:21 PM

Thank you everyone for your help. I appreciate it so much.

I guess I'll have to hit the bookstores soon. :D

Darkie
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 03-12-2007, 09:13 PM

Amelia At-water Rhodes wrote some vampire books.
(Demon in My View, Shattered Mirror, Midnight Predator)
They're rather short though. XD

sychobunny
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-13-2007, 02:22 AM

i love amelia atwater-rhodes!
shattered mirror is my favorite

another shorter one is companions of the night by vivian vandevelde
she's pretty witty- so its not really all that serious.
a girl meets a vampire boy and gets caught up in his affairs

and another rather teen- aged quicky is silver kiss by... Annette Curtis Klause
- sadder.. way sadder
angsty and involves a cancer patient

book to avoid: i have one- but i cant find it- if i recall properly its bitten (could be wrong) but its about a boy who becomes a vampire and for the entire book he's either convincing himself that he's not a vampire, or running from peope hunting.. and he whines and is just pathtic- it has a set of vampire teeth on the cover (it plain black and then just the teeth)- like those plastic ones that you get as a party favor

FuzzyNinjaPenguin
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to FuzzyNinjaPenguin Send a message via MSN to FuzzyNinjaPenguin Send a message via Yahoo to FuzzyNinjaPenguin

Old 03-13-2007, 02:31 AM

Twilight. It is an amazing book. I defintally recommed it.
Expessially because the 3rd one is coming out soon.
& Possibly a different point of view.
It shall be very good.

Also.
The Wereling Series- about werewolves, but still.
Along the same basics.
Very good serises.
I recomend it too.

Trying to think.
Cause I KNOW I've read more vampire books.
Ohh!
Have you read "Blue Bloods?"
It's hard to get into.
But a very good book.

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-13-2007, 04:18 AM

Darkie - I'll definitely those books out. :D

sychobunny - first off, love your username. & I'll check out Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. :nod:

I like witty so I'll also that check out. & sad is okay too. :puts them on list:

Haha, sounds bad. I'll avoid that at all cost.

FuzzyNinjaPenguin - Really the 3rd one is gonna be out soon? oo; I have to read fast, darnit.

Ooh, werewolves. Not that much a fan of that, but still I'm okay with it. :D

I haven't read "Blue Bloods" but I'll look into that.

--------

Thank you everyone once again!

Ebil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-13-2007, 02:50 PM

I used to love Anne Rice's vampire chronicles.
I started off loving The Vampire Lestat and Tale of the Body Theif, but by the time I got through all of her books my favourite by far was Pandora <3
Interview with the Vampire was spoilt for me by the movie. Tom Cruise is not Lestat >.<

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-13-2007, 05:54 PM

Ebil - I'm currently reading The Vampire Lestat, though for me it's moving kind of slow.

To me Tom Cruise is a better Lestat than the one in QotD. :P

Ebil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-13-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Ebil - I'm currently reading The Vampire Lestat, though for me it's moving kind of slow.

To me Tom Cruise is a better Lestat than the one in QotD. :P
I hope The Vampire Lestat gets better for you ^.^ It made me addicted to the Vampire Chronicles, as I guess that's the book which gave me a slight Lestat infatuation.
I refuse to watch Queen of the Dammned. I can't deal with another Hollywood idea of Lestat. He was so perfect in my mind I developed a strong dislike for Tom Cruise after he spoilt my mental image of Lestat.
Queen of the Damned was such a weird book for me. The first time I read it, I hated it. Then I re-read it and liked it a little. Reread it again a few years later and thought it was amazing o_0

I'm hoping I can learn to like Memnoch the Devil someday. I'm not really into religion though, so I maybe that's what turned me off with that book. Hopefully I'll force myself to re-read it, without hurling it across the room, soon.

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-13-2007, 09:56 PM

Ebil; Haha. I can understand you with that.

Gah! QotD was the worst. Though Tom Cruise was better than the guy in QotD, for me anyways. xP

Haven't read it yet, hope to read it soon. I'm such a slow reader though. =x

Haha! Haven't read that as well.

Hazel Harwood
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Hazel Harwood

Old 03-14-2007, 02:27 AM

My sister read Twilight and really wanted me to read it, plus its sequel. I have yet to read it, but I plan to, probably during the summer ^.^

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-14-2007, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Harwood
My sister read Twilight and really wanted me to read it, plus its sequel. I have yet to read it, but I plan to, probably during the summer ^.^
Lots of people are saying to read it so I really want to right now. I have to get it first, the book store I go to didn't have it. :(

Lachesia
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-14-2007, 03:32 AM

There's also a very well written vamp series (in my opinion) which gets shelved in the romance section.

If you don't mind a little smut with your vampires, go look for the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward. (Titles in order of publishing: Dark Lover, Lover Eternal, Lover Awakened, Lover Revealed). These guys kick ass, are well written, and have very decently developed plots. The "bad" guys are not so interesting, but the books draw you in and are very readable. I got quite emotionally involved in the welfare of the characters. I enjoy these books well enough to go buy them off the shelf, and I don't do that often, as I have very little spending cash.

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-14-2007, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachesia
There's also a very well written vamp series (in my opinion) which gets shelved in the romance section.

If you don't mind a little smut with your vampires, go look for the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward. (Titles in order of publishing: Dark Lover, Lover Eternal, Lover Awakened, Lover Revealed). These guys kick ass, are well written, and have very decently developed plots. The "bad" guys are not so interesting, but the books draw you in and are very readable. I got quite emotionally involved in the welfare of the characters. I enjoy these books well enough to go buy them off the shelf, and I don't do that often, as I have very little spending cash.
I don't mind a little smut. Though I feel weird looking in the romance section. xP

I'll look into those books. I have lots of books to look for. :D Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-14-2007, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita series. Starts out like an alternative-world type of a mystery, then it sort of starts sounding like pr0n later in the series. <_< However, I really enjoy her writing style and her characterizations. Lots of interesting vamps.
Starts out with Guilty Pleasures - Laughing Corpse - Circus of the Damned - etc. I'd start chronologically.

/agree

Lachesia
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-14-2007, 04:38 AM

Quote:
I don't mind a little smut. Though I feel weird looking in the romance section. xP

I'll look into those books. I have lots of books to look for. :D Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.
I feel odd wandering that section, too. Usually I dash in, grab stuff off the shelf, then dash out to a more "respectable" section. XD

However, the series has less smut than Hamilton's books. Interesting, that.

Glad I was helpful! I do enjoy those books. In fact, the "Awakened" one is hot off the presses, and I just bought it tonight. I'm REALLY looking forward to reading it. ^_^

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-14-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I feel odd wandering that section, too. Usually I dash in, grab stuff off the shelf, then dash out to a more "respectable" section. XD

However, the series has less smut than Hamilton's books. Interesting, that.

Glad I was helpful! I do enjoy those books. In fact, the "Awakened" one is hot off the presses, and I just bought it tonight. I'm REALLY looking forward to reading it. ^_^
Haha, I've never been in that section actually. Though if I have to wander into that section, I shall. It's funny you see lots of people in the manga section though not in the romance one. xP

Ooh, I'll really look for it. :) I wonder when I'll go to the bookstore soon.

Krowhop

Old 03-15-2007, 04:44 AM

Most of the newer vampire books are going to be either in the romance, or the horror, so you might as well get used to going in there. Just pretend like you are 30 years old, and that you have every right to be there (which you do, you know). Hamilton's work is in horror, for instance, whereas Sands is in Romance...*shakes head and sighs*

If your only requirement is vampires, well, there are a LOT of books out there, and the majority of them are romance... for some reason the whole 'seduction so I can suck your blood/kill you' has really caught on in the new age cult scene... Bram's Dracula killed it for all the history.

Here is a really good site, if you want to find a random vampire book.
The Vampire Library

If you want lots of violence and smut, then you should look up Christine Feehan, and her 'Dark' series... Here is a list of what I can think of...((only the first and last are for sure in order, the rest I just don't know...but the DO have a right order...and I think there are some missing...like, lair of the lion...and some other names that don't match...))

# Dark Prince by Christine Feehan
# Dark Demon by Christine Feehan
# Dark Challenge by Christine Feehan
# Dark Desire by Christine Feehan
# Dark Destiny by Christine Feehan
# Dark Fire by Christine Feehan
# Dark Gold by Christine Feehan
# Dark Guardian by Christine Feehan
# Dark Legend by Christine Feehan
# Dark Magic by Christine Feehan
# Dark Melody by Christine Feehan
# Dark Secret by Christine Feehan
# Dark Symphony by Christine Feehan
# Dark Celebration by Christine Feehan

If you want a lighter, more amusing and humorous vampire romance, I would suggest Lindsey Sands: ((following books may not be in order))
# Bite Me If You Can by Lynsay Sands
# A Bite to Remember by Lynsay Sands
# A Quick Bite by Lynsay Sands
# Single White Vampire by Lynsay Sands
# Tall, Dark & Hungry by Lynsay Sands

And then, there is this really weird series(also smut) by Angela Knight. There are vampires and witches, the magi and magus, *or something* and the witches have an over-abundance of blood, so need the vampires to feed off of them in order to not, like, explode or something, and the vampires are really the original knights of the round table, cause Merlin and Morgana were aliens. Not even joking... like I say, a REALLY weird series... it is called the Mageverse series...:

# Hot Blooded by (a bunch of people) & Angela Knight
# Master of the Night by Angela Knight
# Bite by(a bunch of people) & Angela Knight
# Master of the Moon by Angela Knight
# Master of Wolves by Angela Knight
# Master of Swords by Angela Knight
# Over the Moon by Angela Knight
# Master of Dragons by Angela Knight

And then, of course, my all time favorite, Anita Blake, by Laurell K. Hamilton. I'll list off the books in order here, just so you can have them! All of the books have a certain amount of violence and gore, but I have divided them somewhat on their level of smuttiness. :wink:

# 1 Guilty Pleasures - 1994
# 2 Laughing Corpse - 1994
# 3 Circus of the Damned - 1995
# 4 Lunatic Cafe - 1995
# 5 Bloody Bones - 1996
-------------------starts becoming smutty------------------
# 6 Killing Dance - 1997
# 7 Burnt Offerings - 1998
# 8 Blue Moon - 1998
# 9 Obsidian Butterfly - 2000
-------------------starts becoming p0rn---------------------
# 10 Narcissus In Chains - 2001
# 11 Cerulean Sins - 2003
# 12 Incubus Dreams - 2004
# 13 Micah February - 2006
# 14 Danse Macabre - 2006
# 15 The Harlequin - June 5, 2007

SO! That is the Krowhop book listing for vampire smut. Any questions children?

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-15-2007, 04:57 AM

Krowhop; But I don't look 30. I'm 18. Haha. I'll get used to it. :nod:

Yeah, that's the only requirement for it. Yeah I know there's a LOT of books out there. So I really appreciate that you're replying. And I'm totally okay with the romance thing.

Thank you very much for the site link, I really appreciate it so much.

I'll look for Christine Feehan's stuff. I've been looking on Amazon.com and her stuff seems very interesting.

I'll also look for Lindsey Sands stuff, I like mostly anything involving vampires. xD

oO; That seems like a really weird series. I'm not sure if I'll look into that, though I might glance at a book if I see it in the bookstore.

A lot of people have been saying Laurell K. Hamilton's stuff is good so I'm really looking forward to checking those out. Thank you very much for listing them in order and by the level of smuttiness. I thank you for that, so much. :D

You've helped me SOOOO! much with this. Thanks a lot. I can't say it enough.

Krowhop

Old 03-15-2007, 05:03 AM

lol, about the 30 thing, I hear ya, i'm only just 20!

And don't even worry about it, when I first started reading vamp books, oh, 4 years ago? half way through high school? I didn't have anywhere to start, and non of the people I talked to knew what I was asking for when I asked for good sex/vampire books. lol...besides, I printed the list out for myself, so that I could keep them straight! Something I have been meaning to do, you were just the excuse! I am for home now, but I will be on probably at some point tomarrow... If you want to just get a taste for the Anita Blake books, she has the first few chapters of every book put up online... here is the link for ya, if you got the time and you want to check it out, before buying/checking out the book.

((chapter 1 link))
Pretty site link...

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-15-2007, 05:09 AM

I can pass for 20 something, though not 30. Though I don't think I wanna pass for 30. Unless I'm 40, then I might.

I just got really into reading vamp books. I don't read as often as I'd like to. Once I saw this board I had to ask, and to my surprise people replied. Which made me very happy. I think I might print it out too, I need a list so I can find what I want.

Wow. Thanks so much for the link. I'll check that out right now.

Just read the chapter preview, it seems very interesting. I really have to check it out now.

Lachesia
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-16-2007, 01:02 AM

Yes, also what Krowhop said. As I thought about it, I realized I've tripping over vamp/romance combinations left and right - they're much more common now than they have been in the past. I have actually read and enjoyed everything that Krowhop has listed. XD

Another series which is more than a little vampire-adjacent (the heroine's best friend is one, and she hangs out/comes into fighty fights with many of them) is Kim Harrison's books about Rachel Morgan. It's essentially an alterna-history, dealing with what the world would be like if the monsters came out of hiding. Starts with Dead Witch Walking, continues with The Good, The Bad, and the Undead, continues with Every Which Way But Dead. Also contains less smut than some of the other series. Deals with more than just vamps - elves, pixies, werewolves, vamps, demons - everybody, really. It's another series I buy right off the shelf if I see a new one.

If it's any consolation, I used to work in a bookstore. Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be buying books that so obviously look like trashy romance (gah, those stupid covers!) but I realized after working there, that the employees really don't care what you're reading. In fact, I've had more "oh, you read that too? I really like it" conversations than any strange looks or comments about my reading material. XD Just do it. Go shop!