Movie Sign
Bringer Of Bad Movies

Old 02-22-2010, 10:51 AM

The only book I haven't finished for the soul reason that it bored me to no end was Great Expectations. I know it's a classic, and I should revere it and put it on a little pedestal with a shrine of flowers around it, but I could barely get halfway through. The worst part was that it was an assignment, so I fumbled in class. But man, that book...it just wouldn't end.

PocketNerd
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to PocketNerd Send a message via Yahoo to PocketNerd

Old 02-22-2010, 11:09 AM

The Twilight Books.

xoarchangel
The Last Of Her Kind
Send a message via MSN to xoarchangel

Old 02-23-2010, 02:33 PM

ETERNAL!
AAAAAH I HATE IT!
After reading the first page I THREW it across the room
GAAAAH! STUPID

lady silverpanther
yami no tenshi

Old 02-27-2010, 06:40 PM

3 musketeers Arg!!! to many filler chapters :(

ButterflyDemise
Cupcake Zombie

Old 03-04-2010, 09:15 PM

The only book I've never finished was Blonde Geisha. I couldn't begin to tell you how much the writing itself annoyed me, let alone how stupid the main character was.

Luscara
Luscara
Send a message via AIM to Luscara

Old 03-04-2010, 09:55 PM

Atonement: Long winded, and I couldn't get past the dinner scene in the fourth chapter.
Lord of the Flies: I disliked the book so much that I asked my teacher if I could be tested on any other book, and that's how I ended up reading I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings. My feelings on this book might be different now.
The Hobbit: Couldn't get past chapter 2... just didn't like the style. I've tried reading it recently, but the same thing happened, so apparently I just don't like Tolkien's writing style.
Cold Mountain: I love books set during the civil war, but Frazier's writing style was too much to bare.

mau5ie
pook pook

Old 03-09-2010, 03:06 AM

siddhartha by herman hesse.
i adore his poetry. but damn this book is tough.

on every page it has notes in the margins for reference. nuh uh. could not complete.
when i'm at a point in my life where i can solely focus on that, then i'll give it a go. but until then, i shall yearn for it. lol.

Koraru
C'est moi

Old 03-09-2010, 04:18 PM

Yes, I haven't been able to finish a few books, and mostly because either I don't understand them, or find their writing style plain boring. There's probably plenty more, but right now I cant remember:
-Inkhart- It was a good book, I just got involved in others and forgot I had it. I probably will finish it some day.
-Eragon-: I'm sorry to those who liked this book, but it bored me, I found it included too many pointless things, and that my favorite characters had the worst of luck.
-Twilight-: Same as above, and add the incredible predictability and how annoying I found the two main characters, and you see why I'll never finish the first of the series.
-Don Quijote de la Mancha- You know ow teachers reprimand you when your sentences were too long? Well, no one told that to Miguel de Cervantes, whose sentences can span an entire page!

And, right now I cant remember any more. <3

Kid Disaster
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-09-2010, 08:25 PM

I never did finish Atlas Shrugged. I got sidetracked by a horror anthology. XD
And As I Lay Dying was just... ridiculous. Just crack that book open. It's written in dialect, which makes the reading painstakingly slow. Since I was supposed to be reading off of a book list for a major report, I gave it up pretty quick. Moved on to Jude the Obscure and never looked back.

LadyAlys
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-11-2010, 10:41 PM

I actually couldn't finish Eragon without the book on tape and something to keep me occupied (in this case it was hand sewing a pillowcase for a friend's birthday present).
There are more. I know there are, I own some of them, but those aren't the ones that came with me to school.:no:

Obsidian Raven's Song
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2010, 08:06 AM

The Twilight Saga *shudders* I still haven't summed up the courage to read Eclipse. New Moon made me physically ill for two days, but I've been told I can't bad mouth the books unless I've read them and once I've read them I'll change my opinion, so I'm just doing this to prove them wrong lol.
Eve of Destruction by S. J. Day. Mostly because I got sidetracked by something else and for some reason I can't go from book one to book two without a different series in between. Don't know why...
Black by Ted Dekker. Something shiny crossed my path ^^
Deadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson. I miss the characters from the first book and I'm at a really slow part right now. I know it will be amazing once I push through, but yeah...
The Darkness that Comes Before by R. Scott Bakker. The begining is sooooooooo sloooooooooooow. Apparently it gets better further in, but, once again, yeah.
Deja Dead by Kathy Reich. Can't remember why I stopped reading it.
Scar Night by Alan Campbell. Once again, something shiny.

Will probably end up finishing all these books but I'm more interested in others at the moment.

ziatenaj
The Lone Naked Banana
Send a message via MSN to ziatenaj Send a message via Yahoo to ziatenaj

Old 03-13-2010, 08:52 AM

I loved the Hobbit, by J R R Tolken, But I couldn't get into The Lord of the Rings for the life of me. I don't know if it was because Bilbo wasn't in the story or what. It just seemed to drag on and on and on. >.>
Kinda like what I'm doing now.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Raven's Song View Post
The Twilight Saga *shudders* I still haven't summed up the courage to read Eclipse. New Moon made me physically ill for two days, but I've been told I can't bad mouth the books unless I've read them and once I've read them I'll change my opinion, so I'm just doing this to prove them wrong lol.
Eve of Destruction by S. J. Day. Mostly because I got sidetracked by something else and for some reason I can't go from book one to book two without a different series in between. Don't know why...
Black by Ted Dekker. Something shiny crossed my path ^^
Deadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson. I miss the characters from the first book and I'm at a really slow part right now. I know it will be amazing once I push through, but yeah...
The Darkness that Comes Before by R. Scott Bakker. The begining is sooooooooo sloooooooooooow. Apparently it gets better further in, but, once again, yeah.
Deja Dead by Kathy Reich. Can't remember why I stopped reading it.
Scar Night by Alan Campbell. Once again, something shiny.

Will probably end up finishing all these books but I'm more interested in others at the moment.
:/ I thought she should have stopped after the first book. New moon was the stupidest out of the bunch. I just can't get over Bella's like suicidalness over a guy. Not even that! A sparkley Vampire! This is a great thing for young girls to read. When your man dumps you, you need to go and jump off a cliff. LITERALLY!
:feesh:

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 03-18-2010 at 03:31 AM.. Reason: accidental double post

Supi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-17-2010, 04:00 AM

The Mortal Instruments series, City of Ashes. I LOVED City of Bones. Really I did. Even though it faintly rang of a fan fiction story and Clary was a little too desparing of herself and regarded Isabelle's "beauty" too much to be realistic on that front.

But other than that there was Alec, who I adored, and Magnus - despite being absolutely stereotypical to a T - who was fun too. So imagine my surprise when I open City of Ashes, read for awhile and all that potential is -gone-. It could be I simply don't like Jace much. He's a jerk. Maybe a good looking one, but the boy is a complete ass. And yes, he has reasons, but that doesn't make up for how he treats the girl he likes and his best friend, really, the two people he should be the nicest towards are the two he acts the harshest. Anyway, I haven't finished it. I'm trying to though. Not going so well. But...that's about it. I don't usually pick up books I don't like or haven't done some research on so I normally read everything I buy :3

And I do not remember the name of the author. I should go look it up, but...I feel lazy xD

The Enchanted Tiara
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-20-2010, 07:03 PM

I'm trying, but so far, I can't seem to finish Eragon by Christopher Paolini (because the beginning of it is so boring, although I hear it gets a whole lot better after it starts picking up) and also City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. City of Bones is okay and I'm about halfway through it, but it's not making me turn the pages super excitedly anymore.

Naerwen

Old 03-21-2010, 02:49 AM

The only book I remember that I haven't been able to finish would be The Silmarillion (sp?) By Tolkein. It's amazing, but I always wind up reading tons of other books alongside it, and have to put it down. It's not the most exciting thing in the world, but I really do enjoy reading it. I've tried three years in a row to get into it. Once I can manage to buy a copy, however, I'm sure I would be able to get through it =3

It can't be worse than the time I decided to try and read the Bible (to try and figure out what the religious people talk about XD)... First page=frustration. All I got was a lot of people "laying" with each other XD

There's a couple more books that I've been unable to finish, but I can't remember anything about them except they were rather boring mysteries... Their blurb seemed interesting, but the beginnings were too slow for me to even consider reading past the second chapter.

Masayume

Old 03-22-2010, 03:02 AM

I haven't been able to fully finish How to Kill a mockingbird. haha I just couldn't get into it.

Or My sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I don't know why haha.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 03-22-2010, 05:37 AM

Ivanhoe. Ug. If anyone has to try and plod through that, I am really sorry. I had to read it for a class, and there are some very interesting moments in the story. But, there is sooooo much anti-Semitic junk in it, it made it painful to try and plod through. I tried my hardest to put the book in it's historical context, which I do anyways when something isn't really PC, and just in general since it is important to not cast aside the socio-political mindset in which a book was written/ takes place. BUT this was quite impossible. I just gave up at one point.

I usually always finish a book, even if I absolutely hate it. I still feel the need to know the ending, and I always figure I can complain about it after I have experienced the whole thing.

Snort Like A Pig
Stay fine.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:35 PM

Nightmares and Dreamscapes. :| The book is great and all but I've been so busy with school. And when I'm not busy with school I'm too busy on the computer. And if not that I'm playing video games... and if not that I'm drawing... I HAVE NO TIME TO READ. D: