Desigha
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-02-2007, 03:00 PM

Fantasy and historical fiction most, I guess.
The same as I write most of the time, athough I write in more different genres than I read :shock:

But well, I guess fantasy and historical fiction are my favorites.

AuroraBoreas
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-02-2007, 08:22 PM

I love to write fantasy, but I love to read everything. I give any genre a shot. For me, it's not about the setting so much as the character development and plot. So my favorite genre is that genre where the characters grow and change and don't die pointless deaths.

Morien
*^_^*

Old 05-03-2007, 02:10 AM

Fantasy, horror, classics (is that even a genre?), and the occasional mystery. I really like reading just about everything. But mostly I read those up there. I read children's books sometimes, too. That's probably not really a genre. :D

Sedge
*^_^*
Send a message via Yahoo to Sedge

Old 05-03-2007, 09:14 AM

• I think I like historical fiction the most. Fantasy's a close second, but it can be really painful sometimes, like when it expects you to understand what the hell it's talking about right away. Glossary, plz.

The fun thing about historical fiction is when you can get spoilers from history books; try that with any other genre. And when it's about historical figures and so is basically fan fiction... XD

Plus, it technically counts as learning.

I like horror, too, but I don't know of many that aren't by your Stephen Kings and Anne Rices (if she ever counted). Koji Suzuki's Ring trilogy is the bee's knees, though.

tuesday
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-03-2007, 04:38 PM

I love fantasy, of course, but I agree with Sedge. It is a close second to Historical Fiction. I just can't get enough of learning about the past in creative ways (of course, you have to be sure to read reputable authors to learn a danged thing). Then, I guess, the story of Camelot would fall under both, right? Haha. I like reading those books, as well. I've read probably three or four different series on the story of Arthur, Guinevere and Lancelot and each were told differently, which is amazing.

Celeris
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-03-2007, 11:00 PM

Hmm, let's see.

Fantasy(of practically any sort, I recently read a nautical-type fantasy), Mystery(such as Sherlock Holmes :D ), some Historical Fiction(I have to be previously interested in some element of it), Christian Romance, some non-fiction(like Little House on the Prairie), and some Manga(of all sorts).

I mostly read what I can get my hands on that's interesting. I usually check out books with interesting titles and them check whether or not I actually want to read what I'm holding. :D

~Maaki
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-04-2007, 12:57 AM

I usually read fantasy and realistic fiction when I was little and I still do xD
Hurrah!For Junie B. Jones,always a book I chose for my book report up until 5th grade.They said it was too " babyish " >_>

Darkblack_cat
⊙ω⊙
n/a
Send a message via MSN to Darkblack_cat

Old 05-04-2007, 02:39 AM

Fantasy definately.

bslayer
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to bslayer Send a message via MSN to bslayer

Old 05-04-2007, 03:33 AM

[b]Fantasy and sci fi are what I read for fun most of the time, but I also do like historical fiction if I'm in the right mood. I also really like reading 19th century English literature, like Thomas Hardy and Jane Austen ^.^[/b]

Cyzzane
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Cyzzane Send a message via Yahoo to Cyzzane

Old 05-04-2007, 07:35 PM

I tend to be more fantasy driven than anything but I apprectiate reading stuff from every single genre there is out there.

Varying from author to author of course ^^

poo.
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to poo.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:51 PM

Hmm, I love anything really, as long as the plot is interesting and gives we, the readers, something to think about. XD I usually read: mystery, romance, fantasy, historical fiction. Mostly fiction. 8D;;

poo.
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to poo.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyzzane

I tend to be more fantasy driven than anything but I apprectiate reading stuff from every single genre there is out there.

Varying from author to author of course ^^
Oh, what's your favourite author then? (side questions, lol) 8D

Loony Lynn
*^_^*

Old 05-05-2007, 02:49 AM

I can't say I have a favorite genre. I'm okay with anything that's well rounded. Nothing with every page romance or every page action and etc. I'd get bored with the book. But I do tend to read books where there's a mystery...

Ginger Faith Fitzgerald
(-.-)zzZ
n/a
Send a message via MSN to Ginger Faith Fitzgerald

Old 05-05-2007, 04:06 AM

Fantasy. Thats my favourite. That and crime like Patricia Cornwell and James Patterson. I love Maximum Ride, Eragon, Eldest and the Harry Potter series.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-05-2007, 04:31 AM

I tend to read a lot of non-fiction. As a history major, that's just what interests me. I'd rather pick up the biography of a person I respect than read the fictional writings of some hot shot author.

Dystopian/Utopian fiction is pretty appealing, though. Especially the classic Eastern European works. I'll always have a soft spot for that.

LadyKikyo
I am known on some other sites a...

Old 08-22-2007, 06:35 PM

Fantasy is what I usually read
I do like some "horror/suspense" and sci-fi if it's good
Romance very rarely but I have found some good ones
Patricia Cornwall.... crime? law? not quite sure where to fit those in
ocassionally a "true" story, but most to me are so dull because of the way they are written....

Luumi
*^_^*

Old 08-22-2007, 09:58 PM

Fantasy/Science-Fiction/Magic/Romance/Horror/Action/Adventure/Comedy! XD

Actually, I like tales of dark fantasy, sad romance, curious science-fiction, and imaginative adventure. Basically anything that leaves me with wide eyes and white knuckles, gripped in suspense. Or anything that leaves me feeling fulfilled or just...amazing.

RoyalSquishy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-13-2007, 07:16 PM

I like fantasy and a little mystery and adventure

I also like romance and thrillers but not too scary because i usually read before i go to sleep

Solitare
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-14-2007, 01:42 AM

I read everything and anything! It depends upon my mood. I love the time travel romances such as those by Christina Skye. I love Celtic themes also. Patricia Cornwall's foresic books really keep my interest too.

Jimpi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-14-2007, 03:01 AM

If I read, it's gotta be fiction. Anything can be added as long as it's not real. Well.. not everything can be added... I rule out tear-breakers and scaries. But I like adventure, fantasy, and comedy with a mixture of romance. Just a dash though. I don't want the whole thing being about this girl like that guy but he's gay or whatever. That's drama romance, and that ain't how I roll 8)

(LOL)

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 10-14-2007, 07:32 AM

My favourite genres are fantasy, romance and some general fiction. General fiction can be 'risky' to read in terms of interest because you're never quite sure what to expect, some of it is brilliant whereas others are boring. So it all depends.

I don't know if this counts as a genre but I also tend to like books based around Asian cultures, probably because of my background, but also because its somewhat foreign to me as well.

Emrysa
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Emrysa

Old 10-14-2007, 08:21 AM

My favorite right now is Historical Fiction.
I've learned more about history reading fiction than reading textbooks. :p

I'm also into High Fantasy. I love books by Mercedes Lackey, Lynn Flewelling, ect.

I also read lighter horror and some Sci-Fi. (Mostly Star Wars.)

Oh and classics. I love Alexander Dumas.
Books like the Scarlet Pimpernel, The Little Princess, Pride and Prejudice, The Secret Garden.

podzy
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via Yahoo to podzy

Old 10-14-2007, 03:56 PM

i love all books with vampires, werewolves and witches whatever genre!

horror/fantasy - the gorier the better, so my imagination can run wild!

charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-14-2007, 06:50 PM

My favorite genre is the supernatural, fantasy, and alternate history. It's always interesting to see the worlds others have created, and it's also cool to get an idea of what might have been if the south had won the civil war, or if Amerigo hadn't found America, or if any number of vital events in our world history had been different.

CandyStripes
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-14-2007, 06:59 PM

Detective Humor. >.<
Like, a murder investigation. [Nothing too gory, though. Well, maybe.]
Historical Fiction&Romance sounds interesting, actually. >.<
Fantasy is good.
..And save-the-world themes are annoyingly addictive. >.<

I found myself reading the Dark Water book. It's a collection of creepy stories themed on water. And I really enjoyed it.
So, that too. =]

Overall, I love Comedy. XD