Marsh LeighAnn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-28-2009, 03:56 PM

I love Stephen King's book. I've read Carrie, Dark Tower: The Gunslinger, The Dead Zone, Dolores Claiborne, The Eyes of the Dragon, It, Misery, and Tommyknockers. I've seen some of the movies made from his books and though I haven't read it, I really like 1408.
The one book that really freaked me out was the Tommyknockers. I can't really figure out why, but it was pretty scary.
And Misery was just one of those weird books that could possibly happen. There are lots of obsessive people in the world and who knows what they're capable of.
I absolutely loved the Eyes of the Dragon. It seemed different from what he had wrote before.

Dangerous Tinfoil Shoes
*crinkle crinkle crunch*
Send a message via MSN to Dangerous Tinfoil Shoes

Old 10-28-2009, 06:00 PM

Stephen King is my hero. XD I already plan to name my first son Stephen after him. I was completely obsessed with him in highschool, I used to constantly carry one of his books around with me. I remember reading Misery for a book report I had to do Freshman year, and when we had to do a DARE project in Junior year and pick a celebrity who'd done drugs and talk about how it had affected them, I picked Stephen.

The first King book I ever read was The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, and I think my favorites are Misery and Cell, From a Buick 8, and the Dark Tower series. I bawled my eyes out through most of the last Dark Tower book. Eyes of the Dragon is also a good one, pretty creepy when you take into account that he wrote it for his daughter. XD My favorite book of all time is The Talisman, which he wrote with Peter Straub.

My favorite movies adapted from his books are Misery, The Night Flier (only movie of his that actually scares me), Sleepwalkers (it's not a great movie but I love it anyways), IT, The Green Mile (can't watch without crying), and Silver Bullet.

Lady_Megami
The monster under your bed.....

Old 10-28-2009, 08:00 PM

I like Stephen King...but all his stories have horrible endings....

well, except "The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon"....it was an all right ending...but every other story/movie...the ending just...was ...strange..

I can't say anything about the book "It." I know the book was different then the movie..and I didn't read the book.

Remiem
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-30-2009, 07:03 PM

I do really love Stephen King, though I have only read a few of his novels. So far, I've read It, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, Dreamcatcher, and Pet Sematary. I've also read Skeleton Crew, which is the collection of short stories that has The Mist in it. I would love to read more, though.

Last edited by Remiem; 10-30-2009 at 07:05 PM..

Blkmage Disaster
The Shadow Thief

Old 11-01-2009, 01:11 AM

The ones I've read of Stephen King were Firestarter and I'm reading the Stand right now. I just bought the complete and uncut edition a couple days ago. :)

Did he make a book of Rose Red? Cause I watched the mini-series of movies of it. I really liked it. If there' s a book I'll read it. :yes:

Monst3r
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-05-2009, 02:16 AM

So I live in Wilmington NC and work at sams. I think The King has been staying here for a few months and shopping at sams. He spoke to me the other day and it hit me who he was.

TheBlackCage
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-05-2009, 06:52 PM

The first book I ever read by Stephen King was Carrie and then Cujo. After those two I've kept stealing my dads King books and read them. I read Cell not too long ago and I just couldn't but it away. If I start reading one of his books, I can't just put it away anytime. I get so sucked into the story and I LOVE it! Right now I'm reading Lisey's Story.

Iced_Kophi

Old 11-08-2009, 05:57 AM

I haven't really read that many of his books, though when I did read them, I assure you that I enjoyed very word in them! The first one I read was Rose Madder.. And then Desperation. After that was.. {I can't remember the title... >.>} THE STAND! And recently, I read It. The two previous to that were Needful things, which creeped me out a little, and Dreamcatcher. I really would like to see the movie for Dreamcatcher, but I never see it on... XD

Morana Ryuu
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2009, 05:40 PM

King is awesome, his work is truly amazing. I find it funny though that someone compared his work to that of the Author of Twilight

coldstar123
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-21-2009, 10:51 PM

Stephen King,I wish I could meet Stephen King in real life.
He's a really good writer, and I think that's his problem. His imagination is so big and he can envision every little detail of his stories in his head that he gets sidetracked by them and wastes at least a hundred pages per book with unimportant, irrelevant details. He writes so good that it makes him write bad.
but i do love his books
my fav. is [it]

Gossy
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-22-2009, 06:01 PM

I recently got Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales. It's not as good of a short story collection as Night Shift but I still like it. The stories aren't really scary, but more like, "wtf?" Some are just plain strange. Dark Tower fans will enjoy the story The Little Sisters of Eluria which talks about some of Roland's adventures, it's kind of a short prequel. That one was kind of squicky though. Yeah, so more or less a good read.