raiawyn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-10-2007, 01:07 PM

does anyone here like Neil Gaiman? I read Smoke & Mirrors and was captivated by his extreme...abnormalty? Anyway I thought he was pretty cool.

poem by Neil Gaiman: ((to the tune of My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean))
My grandpa sells condoms to sailors
He pricks all the tips with a pin
My grandma gives back street abortions
My God how the money rolls in!

Skada
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Skada

Old 04-10-2007, 05:37 PM

I am a huge Neil fangirl, I read his blog with a very sad regularity. I've read almost everything he's written from Sandman to Stardust to Neverwhere. Those being my three favorites. The only one I have yet to pick up is Caroline, because I can't find a cheap copy anywhere, and after forking over $100 for the first of three volumes of Sandman... I've gotten cheap. My least favorite is Anansi Boys, I just couldn't get into it. And that's the one that I waited around for the new release and stuff.

Aeris
Mistress of Materia!

Old 04-10-2007, 07:20 PM

My friend is really big into Neil, and gave me Neverwhere for Christmas. I absolutely adore this novel.

I want to read more of Gaiman. 8) <3

Tatiana Celeste
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-10-2007, 07:25 PM

I finished reading a comic adaptation of Neverwhere and just had to reread the book. I love Neil's work. Stardust was the first book of his that I read (if you dont count the Douglas Adams Bio he wrote) though oddly I have not gotten that far into Sandman.

Another good one is his co work with Terry Prattchet Good Omens

Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-10-2007, 07:58 PM

I've read a majority of Gaiman's novels, and enjoyed most of them. I've been looking for Book of Magic lately, but the only time I found it, I didn't have enough money with me. I got into him through Good Omens, the book he wrote with Terry Pratchett. Some of my friends are cosplaying as two of the Endless for an anime convention that I'm going to this weekend.

verya
(-.-)zzZ
n/a
Send a message via AIM to verya

Old 04-10-2007, 11:26 PM

I am a huge Gaiman fan. I have read everything he's written.

Has anyone here watched th BBC mini of "Neverwhere"?

And I heard someone's doing a movie off of Stardust.

Skada
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-11-2007, 03:48 AM

the Stardust movie with Michelle Pieffer (who knows how to spell her name?) should be coming out this summer *nodsnods*

i didn't know BBC did a mini series, i need to find that...

i haven't gotten a chance to read the Neverwhere comics, either. are they good? i have this horrible fear it's going to ruin the book for me...

raiawyn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-11-2007, 03:19 PM

@Skada: Pfieffer I think. A lot of fs in there. I also read his blog with sad regularity. He's one of my friends on Livejournal.

@Tatiana: I think they're making a movie out of Good Omens. And as a side note, I love your siggy. <3 Gir and Marvin! Two of my favorite robots ever. There's a comic adaptation of Neverwhere? :makes grabby hands at it: I wanna read it!!

Skada
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-11-2007, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiawyn
@Skada: Pfieffer I think. A lot of fs in there. I also read his blog with sad regularity. He's one of my friends on Livejournal.
his blog is so awesome... rouge librarians...

PhoenixRose
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-11-2007, 05:07 PM

*flails* tell me, have any of you read "Sandman"? As soon as I get the pictures of me a friend took, I'll show you them. I look like Death if I take off my glasses.

I read all of Sandman in 4 days. SOOOO Happy.

I also love "Good Omens", which he wrote with Terry Pratchett, and "American Gods". I read American Gods first, and loved it.

Skada
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-11-2007, 05:10 PM

when they released the big leather Complete Sandman Volume One, i read that. i'm waiting for volumes 2 and 3 to be released... i really want them now xD

PhoenixRose
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-11-2007, 05:20 PM

:D My boyfriend owns them all and Endless nights. So happy. Such an amazing series. There are so many comic book stores in my area, because theres only so many things you can do. It's rather boring. Here's the list:

1: be a geek
2: drink/do drugs
3: do sports.

I prefer the GEEK personally.

Tatiana Celeste
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2007, 01:13 AM

raiawyn: ^_^ thanks! *gir voice* I Made it mahself!!! Yeah I dunno how long its been around, its pretty good though, its close to the book but missing a lot of little things so its enough to say "Wow...this is so great...I must read the book again!"

Zurie
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 04-12-2007, 01:24 AM

• Sadly, I haven't read any of his work, but I have watched the television adaptation of Neverwhere with my boyfriend. Well, atleast parts of it. I don't remember where we left off if we didn't finish it. I quite liked what I saw, the story was interesting. When I happen upon some free time in which I'm not doing something for school and whatnot, I'd be most interested in browsing my boyfriend's collection of stories he may have of Neil's just to sit down and read for a day. >w<

angel_of_joy
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2007, 03:30 AM

i love good omens so i am looking for some other stuff him to read.

ravey
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-12-2007, 08:25 PM

I've only ever read American Gods, but I liked it well enough to read another...I'm not sure which, though.

boredomkills
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 04-13-2007, 04:05 AM

I'm such a Gaiman fangirl. My Pratchett love led me to Good Omens, which led me to check out Gaiman too, and since then I've been hooked. I'm currently making my way through Fragile Things, but my favorite work of his would have to be Anansi Boys.

I can't wait until Stardust comes out in theatres! ^^

O p h e l i a
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-13-2007, 07:30 AM

Unfotunately Gaiman isn't very well known in Italy [where I live] and his book are quite difficult to find, but I've read the photographic book of Mirrormask, and now I'm starting to read Stardust

Robot Jane
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Robot Jane

Old 04-13-2007, 04:19 PM

I love Neil. He's one of my favorite authors ever since I read Coraline.

raiawyn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-21-2007, 05:30 PM

Actually Neverwhere was a miniseries before it was a novel. He only wrote the novel because the BBC kept making changes to his script. That novel was my introduction to the world of Neil Gaiman, and I've been hooked ever since.

I do have to say that I have not read a book of his that I did not thouroughly enjoy (individual short stories maybe...). It always cracks me up to think that his first published book was a biography of Duran Duran.

Has anyone here read American Gods? If so, who do you think the god that nobody could remember the name of was? I think it was luck, because who wouldn't want luck on their side during a war? And they met him in Vegas. The only problem is that it was a male, and usually you hear of Lady luck.

And it made me giggle when Lucille Ball offered to show her tits.

Morien
*^_^*

Old 04-21-2007, 07:01 PM

I know no one on the internets will actually ever believe me, but my aunt works for him. lol

I've only read a few of his works, but he's very talented. I'm looking forward to seeing Stardust.

Wiffle
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Wiffle

Old 04-21-2007, 10:46 PM

+
He's my favorite author. <3

I've read:
American Gods
Smoke and Mirrors
Good Omens (cowritten by Terry Prachett)
Neverwhere
Stardust

I still need to read Anansi boys and the Sandman series. :3
Plus, he's good looking xD
+

Tianfu
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-22-2007, 02:17 AM

I haven't read any of his novels, but I've read the short stories on his website. The Sherlock Holmes/Lovecraft crossover makes me absurdly happy. :lol:

seoul
n/a
Send a message via AIM to seoul Send a message via MSN to seoul

Old 04-22-2007, 05:15 AM

I love Neil Gaiman!

Stardust and Good Omens are my favorite books!

raiawyn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-30-2007, 08:39 PM

I watched him read on his blog and I have to say that man is gorgeous. not neccesarily in looks, but I adore his voice, which makes the looks o so much better. Some of his short stories and poems aren't as good until you have heard them fall from the lips of the author.