gladz
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-16-2007, 04:55 AM

oohh.. the books out for reservation here in our country... but unfortunately my pocket can't take the costs... so i'd just have to wait a bit more..

personally i think ginny and harry are one's who're going to die.. since they're connected to voldy and all...

Meirles
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-16-2007, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolar-panda-bear
Hmm you know, I'm wondering If the 'hollows' part of the title has anything to do with Godric Hollows.??
Actually, it's 'Hallows', as in Halloween. ^^ Many people have theorized that the title implies that the climax of the book (such as the final battle) will happen on Halloween. I'm leaning towards that.

Rurouni Kenshin
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Rurouni Kenshin

Old 05-16-2007, 09:55 PM

Well I can't wait either, I hope harry dies >.> joking. It should be an interesting book, I hope it isn't too long though.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-20-2007, 03:53 AM

You know what I find weird?

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows hasn't even been released yet, but there are already 424 reviews for it on the Barnes and Noble website.

No joke:
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...ly=CRV&z=y#cr6

Now, I like the series as much as the rest of you, but isn't this jumping the gun a bit? How do you know you'll all like the ending? Is an unpublished novel worth five stars? Are your psychic abilities really that strong? Am I pushing the limit on rhetorical questions?

They're all insane. Every last one of them.

Meirles
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2007, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows hasn't even been released yet, but there are already 424 reviews for it on the Barnes and Noble website.

No joke:

Now, I like the series as much as the rest of you, but isn't this jumping the gun a bit? How do you know you'll all like the ending? Is an unpublished novel worth five stars? Are your psychic abilities really that strong? Am I pushing the limit on rhetorical questions?

This is such a highly anticipated book, how can you expect us not to jump the gun? ^^;

Takuto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Takuto Send a message via MSN to Takuto

Old 05-21-2007, 01:42 AM

I'm pretty sure that it is not the last book in the series. Just the last book of Harry Potter in Hogwarts. I am really itching to know how it all ends! I can't believe it will be ending this summer. It was like yesterday when I picked up the Sorcerer's Stone! Good memories that J.K. Rowling has written for us!

BettyL
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 05-21-2007, 06:54 PM

I cant wait for the book to come out!!!!
Im scared Harry Potter might die!

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-21-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meirles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd

No joke:

This is such a highly anticipated book, how can you expect us not to jump the gun? ^^;
And prejudge it as the most fantastic thing to ever be published in this world?

To me, jumping the gun is saying you 'know' who's going to die, or how the novel will end. It isn't claiming that the novel is absolutely fantastic and everyone should buy twelve copies and read it over and over again until their eyes bleed.

You're right: This is a highly anticipated book. It could easily fall below everyone's expectations. I'm surprised that so few people see that.

Furogane
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Furogane

Old 05-21-2007, 07:49 PM

I am awaiting the next Harry potter book, however...it's not because I think the series is fantastic, there was a time when I loved it, but that was when there was still only four books. I soon grew tired of it and now I'm reading just to see how Harry dies...I think I'll be horribly upset if he doesn't die in the Deathly Hallows. I'm a cynical like that I guess hehe.

I have enjoyed watching Malfoy change through the book - no joke he's gone from being this tall proud son of a dog but then he became even more cocky and nastier and now...the 6th book where his tough act dropped and he cried to the ghost. I can't wait to see if he goes cliche and joins the good team, or if he shocks us all by killing himself to save Harry...or will be become a cold hearted killer? It intrigues me so much.

Kasana
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-22-2007, 09:17 AM

Truly,

I cant be bothered to read it, Harry Potter, in my eyes is a shit way of getting more movies made; the only chars I like are Sirius, Lupin and Voldemort. I hate harry, ron, hermione, ginny, malfoy, though I love snape, not as much as Voldemort though.

cookskill3r
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-23-2007, 12:27 AM

I remember when harry potter became such a great thing my aunt went out and bought me a copy of the first book wich i read and then after that you had to read the rest because you cant stop like you must know that happens, and then the movies come out wich completely throw the book fans crazy because some of the stuff is left out of the movie that is in the book. then we are now all the way to all theese new books but finally harry potter will come to an end wich will really stink because Its just one of the greatest books of all time.

Antigra

Old 05-24-2007, 07:18 AM

I used to like the Harry Potter series...

Then the sixth book came along and the whole thing sounded like really bad fanfiction, except... it was the real book.

I'm not too interested in the seventh book because of that. The way the sixth was written was kind of a huge letdown. I am kind of hoping for a certain unconventional ending for the series, but I doubt it'll happen. I should probably reserve a copy of the seventh book soon if I want to stay ahead of the game and not get the end spoiled by someone else XD

trinxie
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-25-2007, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigra
I used to like the Harry Potter series...

Then the sixth book came along and the whole thing sounded like really bad fanfiction, except... it was the real book.

I'm not too interested in the seventh book because of that. The way the sixth was written was kind of a huge letdown. I am kind of hoping for a certain unconventional ending for the series, but I doubt it'll happen. I should probably reserve a copy of the seventh book soon if I want to stay ahead of the game and not get the end spoiled by someone else XD

Youre right.
Harry Potter used to be soo fun to read, and you'd get so excited everytime the movie/book came out.
The 6th book was just long, draggy, and boring.
Plus we all know someone is gonna die in the 7th book, so that leak makes me not wanna read the 7th.

Antigra

Old 05-25-2007, 07:19 AM

This just in - I'll actually BE in London when the seventh book comes out! XD And I didn't even mean to. Looked up the date the book will be coming out and it's a few days before I head home again on a trip to England.

I guess I should reserve a British copy. This is going to be exciting. Even if the book is atrocious, I've never seen what Harry Potter is like to the British and I'm pretty curious.

Caeluma
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-25-2007, 02:15 PM

Who has it ordered already!?

dekusuta-enjian
n/a
Send a message via AIM to dekusuta-enjian

Old 05-27-2007, 05:57 PM

I can't wait until it comes out I got it on reserve

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 05-27-2007, 07:14 PM

I reserved my copy on the very day it was available to be put on reserve. *Dork* My copy is guarenteed to get to me on the release date, although I'm also going to Wal-Mart in the morning (on the release day) to grab a copy for my dad, since he's a closet fan. LOL.

I loved the 6th book. You are all crazy.

bluesparksgal

Old 05-29-2007, 08:12 AM

I'm really really looking forward to DH coming out...it's so soon! But at the same time, I don't really want it to come out because that will be the end of the series, if you know what I mean. The books have been a part of so many peoples lives, it'll be really sad to see the end of it coming. Ever since the first book came out, we've had more adventures to look forward to, thickening plots and so much room for speculation - I guess there will still be things to think about after the final book makes its appearance, but I'm guessing that the major issues are going to be resolved. For me personally, I felt like I grew up with Harry - we followed ages pretty closely for most of the books. So in conclusion (haha) I am looking forward to the next book like you wouldn't believe...but at the same time I'll be sad when it does come out. Okay, sorry about that dorky rant hehe.

toxic billy
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to toxic billy Send a message via Yahoo to toxic billy

Old 05-29-2007, 03:39 PM

I can't wait for the book to come out either. I have been in love with the books since the first one came out. I love the movies as well.
Whenever the book does come out I won't be in town so I won't be able to buy it. =[

j00lian
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 05-29-2007, 05:22 PM

When is this book supposed to be coming out again? X3

Only a fool would pre-order it. >> If you have a B&N card, it's already going
to be cheap. Not to mention, it's not like there's going to be a limited amount
out there.

Chances are, they're going to over print.

Simplixity
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-29-2007, 07:42 PM

Gosh, no need to be so rude. I pre-ordered it and I don't consider myself a fool. Besides, people pre-order it because they feel excited, not for the reasons of being cheap or whatnot. As for Harry Potter the series itself, I've sort of lost interested since it seems like everyone is dying, and am only reading the last book for the sake of knowing the conclusion.

anamayus
n/a

Old 05-29-2007, 08:49 PM

i really cant wait for it to come out, im not particularly a fan, however as of late ive been lacking in plot, so im hoping however good this book is, or bad, that it has some plot to fill the current void i have plot wise

Harvard Mint
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-30-2007, 12:36 AM

i can't wait for the 7th book! my fave is the prisoner of azkaban.DEMENTORS ROCK!!!

Lindpen

Old 05-30-2007, 04:04 AM

I am so excited for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! My brother, hopefully some friends and/or cousins, and I plan to dress up for the midnight release. We're kind of too old to do that type of thing any more, but, it's Harry Potter! I have all kinds of theories running through my mind, a good number of them from MuggleNet editorials. I'm quite fond of the "Draco is a werewolf, not a Death Eater" scenario (there is quite a mound of evidence for it as well). Lots of stuff to think about.

I adore this series, and I hope that Rowling answers all our questions! I think she said she might possibly make an encyclopedia of sorts on the Harry Potter world when she's finished.

Rose-Mclane
*^_^*

Old 06-01-2007, 10:02 PM

I cant wait,....Im geting restless with all the H/Hr swarming about. I want to see what happens, not just with R/Hr but I dont want my fav characters to die :cry: