VampyreNeko6669

Old 12-02-2009, 09:31 AM

I love the Anita Blake series! I haven't read Meredith Gentry yet, but I'll probably pick it up eventually. My fiance actually got me started on the books, and I'm hoping to get my hands on Blood Noir soon. I also read the comics as well, although I'm waiting to get the volumes because my local store doesn't carry them anymore. So I have to find a new store.

Wicked
*^_^*

Old 12-03-2009, 01:07 AM

I don't really like the Gentry series. I'm all about Blake.
Just wish there was more zombie raising and less relationshit issues.I will say Laurell manages to keep a healthy bit of supernatural-crime fighting in with all the ardeur drama but I want more shambling corpses.What appealed to me most about Anita is that her day job was raising the dead so I'd like to hear more on that than just a quick, dismissive paragraph.

I'm in love with Laurell's idea of vampires. It's very much in keeping with what I feel vamps should be. There are no touchy-feely post Rice, Twilight era vampires in these books and that makes me happy. Sure, the Hamilton vampires are multi-dimensional and have motive and feelings but she doesn't go too far with it. I'm not particularly interested in the were folk. The furry coalition is mildly interesting but Micah leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and Richard pisses me off. I love the Lupanar and basically everything about the wolves except their stupid Ulfric. So that leaves me with precious few man-imals to care about. Nathanial just doesn't sit well with me. Not my kind of guy.

Violet Reverie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-03-2009, 05:13 AM

I love both series but I have to say, Anita Blake is my fave. I've read every book in the series and am currently re-reading all of them! Though I lost my copy of Guilty Pleasures...I think is the title, the first book in the series, SOB!

Wicked
*^_^*

Old 12-03-2009, 05:19 AM

Whoa. No way. I lost my copy of Guily Pleasures too.

Zoey Rose
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-04-2009, 09:55 PM

I love both Anita Blake and Meredith Gentry series. Sadly, I am also way behind in my reading. I have to see if my local library have the newest books in the series.

kimonoki
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-20-2010, 08:38 PM

:glomp:
:angel:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfflur View Post
Ok I LOVE these two series. My friend got me hooked on them like 5 years ago, and I still love reading them! Unfortunalty I'm a bit behind on both series due to the local book stor being closed *sobs* , but tell me! Have you read these books? Which is your favorite? Aren't the steamy parts fun?!? :twisted:
:squee:
I've read all of the merry series and am a few books short [#5-7] in the Anita series. I love Hamilton's work so much I hope to get some of her merchandice soon! :squee:

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSilverWing View Post
My old roomate got me started on them in 2003 I have a habit of reading one book per day since I have don't put book down syndrome! I love both series bit after reading more and more sex scenes I got slightly bored it was missing the true story line in anita at least in mine and other opinions but we stayed faithful readers in case it changes.

Laurell also has a myspace page and a website people can search for on google, it lists book release dates and the order for them on the website. There is also a comic book series that actually is very very well drawn makes the nummy factor go up for jean claude fans!

Laurell also replied to a question in myspace for me recommending a great publisher if I ever want to get my own written works done she's sweet and Ill keep rooting for her!
True sometimes it's mainly sex scenes but her story line is always there, personally I love everything. Her worlds that she creates are amazing. I honestly don't think there is anything that could disuade me from reading another one of her books. Especially Anita Blake...Not Black! lol

LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 02-20-2010, 09:10 PM

lol, wow, Merchandise, wow, there's Laurell K. Hamilton MERCHANDISE???!!!! omg, lol, totally gotta check that out XD

lonelyotaku
lonelyotaku
Send a message via Yahoo to lonelyotaku

Old 02-26-2010, 02:07 AM

I just started reading club vampyre its really good, my boyfriends mom let me borrow it and i love it alot, shes sassy and always carrys a gun. but that 1000 year old master was freaky.

LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 02-26-2010, 04:57 AM

lmao, new word to describe Jean-Claude: "Freaky" XD

lonelyotaku
lonelyotaku

Old 02-26-2010, 05:14 AM

he is but he did turn anita into his servant if thats what you want to call it hes a real charmer.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 02-26-2010, 06:16 AM

The Anita Blake books are great! I haven't read them all, but I'm almost there. I honestly stopped after a while because I was like, Whoa! This is a completely different book than it was in the beginning. Anita is handin' out those cookies for free!

But I love it. I have a thing for Jean Claude and Nathaniel for some reason. Am not a huge fan of Micah. I would write more, BUT i am sleepy.

lonelyotaku
lonelyotaku

Old 02-26-2010, 03:48 PM

I need to read club vampyre and send it back to my boyfriends mom she recommend i read the series since she knew i liked i vampires and jean claude is very sexy but there was a good scene with anita and a vampire junkie(sorry i forgot his name i think it was phil) but sadly he died :(

kimonoki
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-27-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessy View Post
I started those concerns back in Cerulean Sins! I'm sorry, but Anita has lost all semblance of her character. She started out as an independent, moral, witty woman, and now she's just a ball of sex and kink.

I haven't seen Anita do anything remotely detective-ish since what...Narcissus? And even then, it was INCREDIBLY downplayed over the sex and gore. I understand that it's part of her life, but I think Hamilton would've been better served by leaving the ardeur out of Anita's life entirely.

Perhaps have introduced it through Jean-Claude, but not given it to Anita. Not to mention she's using her books as a soapbox! Her ex-husband is the character Richard. Notice Anita and Richard having problems? Micah, the over-endowed sex god is her NEW husband, with Jean-Claude as her wet dreams!

It's been admitted by her on more than one occasion that she's using those metaphors in her books, and I'm fairly sick of it! I've stopped reading the Anita books, and I'm soon to stop reading the Merry Gentry ones.

At least with Merry, you expected sex and such right off the bat. Anita at least started OUT with a personality! Merry never had one. She seems to be developing as the books go along.

Whereas Anita is losing more and more of herself and just becoming a faceless sex toy.

I can not say I agree with you on this one. Sure there is alot of sex but Anita still has her personality, she does not like the fact that she has to have sex all the time. but she knows she has to or else. Hamilton states several times that Anita was raised to have one man and only one man, and it bugs Anita that she has like eight or nine men in her life. And with Merry I like her character. I so believe she started out with a personality she just needed to let it bloom a little more.

lonelyotaku
lonelyotaku

Old 02-28-2010, 11:31 PM

wow anitas a magnet for trouble if its not the master its that psycho hispanic lady after her.

Izzaea
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-01-2010, 06:05 AM

i absolutely love anita and merrie! they are THE best romance herorines OF ALL TIME! i mean, unlike most snivelling prisses in cheap romance paperbacks, they actually have backbones and the power to back it up.
I love anita the best because she takes ABSOLUTELY NO CRAP! seriously, she's like five feet tall and all the bad vampires start shakin in their boots when she comes around. As for the guys, jean claude is my favorite and nathaniel is my absolute sweetie! i also really like the twins, the blue haired lion and...DAIMEN! i cant believe the complete disregard anita treats him to! its really frustrating but i forgive her because she already has so many dudes to worry about.
I like meredith but i couldn't forgive her about her complete favoritism with darkness over frost and the others! like when she thought he was dead and all the other men ceased to exist for her. i mean, come on! at least FIVE of those guys loved her completely unconditionally! it was pretty upsetting when killing frost died though...i cried. lol

anywho...please forgive my ranting because no one i know reads these two series! *bows politely*

lonelyotaku
lonelyotaku

Old 03-01-2010, 04:23 PM

who?! sorry i've only read the first book club vampyre so i'm still getting used to this series but i absolutely love it. anitas attitude is great, but the only thing is she doesn't like vampires i guess thats not a bad thing but still she can kick all kinds of butt with her partner( i think his name was edward). anyway when she called that master vampire that was so awesome! I was so glad she died.

LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 03-01-2010, 09:13 PM

Izzaea>> lol, did you read up to the part when frost comes back? :) trust me, it'd make the series seem way better ;)

lonelyotaku>> keep on reading girl! :) it's going to get a heck of a lot more interesting and complicated XD sooooo much drama coming your way XD

lonelyotaku
lonelyotaku

Old 03-02-2010, 12:13 AM

oh man i can't wait but i gotta send this book back before i get the next, i wonder how complicated lol anitas life couldn't be more complicated. its to bad i don't own this book, its actually my boyfriends moms.

LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 03-02-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelyotaku View Post
lol anitas life couldn't be more complicated.
lol, just watch ;) it's like people saying "it can't get worse than this" and then it rains XD

lonelyotaku
lonelyotaku

Old 03-02-2010, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVida View Post
lol, just watch ;) it's like people saying "it can't get worse than this" and then it rains XD
yeah well new master of the city jean claude wants to meet with her, hes really forceful but i'm excited i wonder whats gonna happen, its so exciting, although that gory scene with that little boy was just gross, she even got sick from it and heat only makes it worse. :shock:

Chibes
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-03-2010, 06:48 AM

^^ Just got divine misdemeanor. I'm so excited to read the latest on Merry. (Oh and I'm not a Anita Blake fan. Sorry I don't really like stuff with Vampires. I'm not a big twilight fan nor am I a Dracula fan >.> Haven't read any other vampire books. Vampires scare me >.<; Yes I'm 23 years old, not scared of walking at midnight alone but Vampires scare me.)

LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 03-03-2010, 09:13 PM

Chibes>> lol, I still need to read that one XP I was about to read it, but then it was due at the library and I didn't want any more fines XP

lonelyotaku>> talking about gory, it's going to get a ton of a lot gorier XP personally, I thought that Obsidian Butterfly was the goriest, but maybe that's just because it was the first Anita Blake book that I read XD

lonelyotaku
lonelyotaku

Old 03-04-2010, 12:52 AM

yeah It was gory Lavida but i'm trying to figure out what could do that it can't be a ghoul because they eat dead bodies, i'm not sure if its a zombie, but it can't be a vampire. I mean what would kill an entire family?

LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 03-04-2010, 01:14 AM

dum dee dum ~~~ I don't think I should spoil it for you XD plus, there's a lot of families that die...oh wait...ewwww, you're not talking about the part with the killed family with, like the kids dead, right? XP

lonelyotaku
lonelyotaku

Old 03-04-2010, 01:39 AM

yeah this little boy was dead @.@ he was found in an old cemetary and the author just had to go into detail. it was so disguisting.